New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default In need of Advice. Looking for character who specializes in fighting large Foes

First off I do not wish to play a halfing.
    My character Theme is a Great Hunter / Hercules Greek themed character

I am looking to be able to use Combat Maneuvers (I know there not to good at higher levels , but this is more of a roleplay game and not a total numbers fight)

I need advice on class (planning to play a human)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: In need of Advice. Looking for character who specializes in fighting large Foes

Is 3.5 content allowed? Or is this strictly pathfinder?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: In need of Advice. Looking for character who specializes in fighting large Foes

It's unfortunate you don't want to play a halfling; they got a couple of interesting (and unique) options for dealing with larger enemies. Moving beyond that:

There's the Titan Fighter archetype for Fighters, which allows you to wield weapons larger than your normal size category, and eventually grants a couple of neat buffs to making combat maneuvers (including increasing the effective size of creature that you can make combat maneuver checks against, albeit only up to Huge without support). For Barbarians, the Titan Mauler archetype is very similar, albeit with more of a defensive focus. Fighter is probably the better choice, as their significantly greater feat access is borderline required to make combat maneuvers worthwhile, but Barbarian gets the always-great rage to bolster their raw numbers and has built-in maneuver support with some of their rage powers.

That's really all I can find on a skimming-the-rules basis if you're insistent on going human. If I can find anything else in the future, I'll pop in and share it.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I assume gnome is off the table, but there's a number of builds that use Blade Bravo to pretty good effect. It's in races of stone if you want to take a peek.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Literally any character is going to be about as good at this as any other. But there are some feats and items that can help any character do a better job. Giant Slayer from PoW:E is a good one.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nosta View Post
    I need advice on class (planning to play a human)
    The Slayer archetype Spawn Slayer is ridiculously good at that. Studied Traget scales along with the size of the opponent, which matters because of the small clause that you also add your ST to any save DC or maneuvers of your abilities. Slap on VMC Cavalier (Order of the Hero) and it'll get funny.