New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Question The Thread Bump.

I know it's frowned upon (posting two in a row) and a big no-no.

My question comes from - what if you do a weekly comic about (let's just say D&D, for example).

You come on here, post a link or paste into the thread.

A week later, no one has responded, but you have a second comic strip.

Would it be OK to do a new reply?

I am not sure if there's a "cut off" as to when you can edit an existing post, now that I think of it, on here.

I know some forums are configured to disable editing a post that's over an hour old, for example.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Thread Bump.

Not a mod, but typically I believe its preferred that if no discussion is taking place, that you refrain from continuing to bump the thread. If it happens once in a blue moon its not ideal, but I don't think they will go after you terribly hard as long as it isn't a regular thing.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know if there is a cut-off on editing a post, but if there is it's a pretty long one. I ran a Babylon 5 re-watch thread for a while, and I edited the first post in the thread every week with a link to where the discussion for that week's set of episodes started. We got through all 5 seasons and I was still editing that original post with the links.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    I don't know if there is a cut-off on editing a post
    There isn't. A post is always editable, no matter how old, unless the thread has been locked. That said, if the mods have red-texted it, then you technically can edit it but is against the rules to do so.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

5. - Top - End - #5
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: That's good information above.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex