New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: IC: So, How About Those Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Oh yeah, I did mention that..." the man says, scratching his chin. "Well they're still keeping me from doing a proper survey of one promising area. There's a section, about two days' hike out, that I think would be a good place to begin a mining operation. Proud as I am of my work here," he says, gesturing to the weapons on the wall, "back in the capital and in some cities on the mainland, the iron deposits are great enough that iron weapons and armor can at least be used by the Most Blessed, and high rankings of the Moderately and Least Blessed. Here though, it's too expensive or dangerous to send any bulk deliveries, so I want to try and make us a little more independent." He goes behind his desk and brings a map. On it, you can see the new borders penciled in, and the Blessed of Merrshaulk's land sectioned off and numbered, with notes about each section to the side. "Around this strip," Chicahua says, gesturing to what amounts to a horizontal line right on the accepted border with Sanshi, "has sounded the most promising. Much of the boggier areas are described as having the right signs for iron. Unfortunately, these bogs are also the perfect places for undead to hide. If the area can be cleared, I'd be able to start harvesting and see just how deep those iron deposits go."

As Charazael asks her question, Chicahua smiles. "An experiment. Whips don't have the same impact as a proper blade, and throwing a stone is both difficult and disarms you of the stone. I've been experimenting with different rope materials to see if any hold up well under the repeated stress of combat without the need for magical enchantment."
    So, you wish to go into business with us then? I think the brood might be open-minded to a partnership. As for your "whip", it has some merit, the momentum of the weighted end could be significant, much like a proper tail slap.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    So, you wish to go into business with us then? I think the brood might be open-minded to a partnership. As for your "whip", it has some merit, the momentum of the weighted end could be significant, much like a proper tail slap.
    The Moderately Blessed looks at you curiously, smiling as the others leave. "Perhaps. I couldn't work with all of you, but if one of you were interested in apprenticing for me... Let's talk after you all get back, okay? It's not something I had initially considered."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #243

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    The Moderately Blessed looks at you curiously, smiling as the others leave. "Perhaps. I couldn't work with all of you, but if one of you were interested in apprenticing for me... Let's talk after you all get back, okay? It's not something I had initially considered."
    We shall indeed.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    We shall indeed.
    "Excellent. I look forward to working with you. Now, I do recommend making some level of preparations for your little quest, but other than that, stay safe, good luck." With that, he returns to working on the blade that he was fashioning before you entered.

(Are there any preparations you wish to make, or other places you wish to go?)

Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Eager at the prospect of being paid, you all head out of the city and begin to fly north, ignoring any dangers of the vast forest below you as you head to what may or may not be the source of at least part of the undead population in the jungle.

At around the two hour mark, you notice a small section where the overgrowth is thinner. Circling around it a few times, you can pick out what look to be large stones, hewn by tools but clearly worn by time, through thin patches of the forest. In the center of the mess of stones sits a single building built into a slight hill. Around the thinned section of jungle is a small barrier, fencing, though it is in a state of horrible disrepair, and the jungle has begun to encroach on the stone dotted landscape. Charazael recognizes that pretty much all of the stones are Tabaxi grave markers, the larger ones having simple carvings of faces or a basic, sun shaped symbol. While it is later in the day, mist seems to cling to the ground unnaturally, and Fenrir gets a small chill up his spine as the group dips closer to the land. While you can hear the sounds of jungle in the distance, near here, the only sound is that of a gentle wind in the trees, and even that seems dampened compared to your travels here.

As you dip to around 100ft (any lower and you would be hitting trees without hovering), Fenrir tries to peer through the canopy and notices a couple of fleshy colored mounds walking around, seemingly in aimless circles - probably zombies? They don't seem to walk with any purposes like you would expect of intelligent undead.

Show

6. - Top - End - #246

Planetar

Fenrir - The Very Young, Tiny, Brass Dragon

Fenrir speaks close to Durnehviir's ear. "Red Leader, this is Brass Leader. I think I see something down below the canopy. Might be undead. I'm going to see if I can get a better look."

He unfurls his wings to catch the wind and slowly lifts off. He soars down to where he saw the fleshy mounds and alights on the top canopy. He makes his way carefully through the dense foliage and peers down to the jungle floor.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Hide - (1d20+12)[30]
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Fen is easily able to climb through the trees, and after about twenty feet of branches and brush, is able to get a better view of the area. In one direction, a forest trail leads from out of the gloom into a disorganized mess of tombstones and grave stele, winding through the rocky garden. Several zombies, probably Tabaxi, are wandering aimlessly, though you remain quiet and out of sight. You see only three, but by the smell here alone, there are probably more, hiding in the jungle and remaining buried in graves until fresh prey wanders in.

Looked at from above, the single building looks almost like the upper half of a skull - two wide, rusty doors sit side by side in the marble building, overrun by vines. Despite the building's age, and the jungle's encroachment, the path between the graves appears to be still well traveled.

Show

8. - Top - End - #248

Planetar

Fenrir forces down the instinct to draw closer and speak to the wandering zombies. They probably wouldn't be good conversationalists. He instead retreats to the open sky and rejoins his siblings.

"There's some kind of skull-looking structure down there that is surrounded by zombies--unearthed and earthed. I'm not sure of their jumping abilities, but I assume Yrmys and I would be better off in the air using our dragon-breath to attack them from on high, while Durn and Char herd them into a nice clump and rip them to shreds with teeth and claw. There may be something under this land that is awakening the dead. After we dispatch the undead, we should take a look in that building. Sound like a plan?"
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

9. - Top - End - #249

Yrmys glides into the top of a tree, catching herself on its branches and clinging to it. The foliage obstructs her view, but also obscures her presence. Fen would survey the situation and judge their odds, and advise Eldest accordingly. Although she cannot see the forest floor from her position, she pays close attention to her more sensitive senses, tracking her nest-sibling as he descends.

Fen indeed reports back and gives his suggestion.

"Can you size them up, brother? What danger would you estimate?"
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2019-04-03 at 08:35 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

Planetar

Fenrir - The Very young, Tiny, Brass Dragon

"The ones I can see above ground do not appear to be supremely dangerous. Though there may be undead concealed in the earth that could be more so. Most appear to be tabaxi corpses. Some are yuan-ti looking. If we clear these external husks, perhaps we could stop over in Kawazawa and pick up Sui. She's been a big help in the past.

Nosce te ipsum

11. - Top - End - #251

BlackDragon

Charazael

It is best to be cautious, there is no telling what lurks within the skull, disposing of this trash might rile a hoard within.

12. - Top - End - #252

Planetar

Fenrir - The Very young, Tiny, Brass Dragon

"However, not disposing of this trash means we don't get paid. And I for one want to see what we're capable of now that we have grown."

Nosce te ipsum

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

The zombies continue to shamble around beneath you. Maybe a map would be helpful to plan your attack. As is, you're around 100ft up. Anyone small or smaller can sneak normally, but those larger will take a -4 penalty per size on moving silently through the branches as you try to catch the zombies off guard.

Show

14. - Top - End - #254

Planetar

Fenrir - The Very Young, Tiny Brass Dragon

Fenrir flies over to his older brother and lands on his back. He motions his sisters over, so he can talk to them. "Since we are the most stealthy, Yrmys and I can use the trees to the north of the clearing to sneak to the jungle floor. I'll take the west side; you take the east. I can even burrow underground and try to sneak closer. Char and Durn can come in hot, pun intented, from the south. When you make your entrance, Yrmys and I can herd them toward you with our breaths. Remember, we get paid per head. I want those heads intact. No disintegrations!" He taps Durn on the back for emphasis.

"After we clean up these exterior sentries, we can fly down to Kawazawa, pick up Sui, and return to clear out the stone building."

With that he takes flight once more and zips to the northwest clump of trees. Fenrir creeps through the canopy and down into the lower branches of a tree. He waits for Yrmys to reach her position before he sneaks tot the jungle floor and quietly begins to dig a hole under the roots of the tree, angling toward the path leading to the center of the gravestones.

Show
    Move to A9
    Move Silently - (1d20+11)[26]
    Begin to dig a tunnel starting at -A9 toward E10

Nosce te ipsum

15. - Top - End - #255

Yrmys confirms, and hops from her perch at the top of a tree to glide to another, where she climbs down, hopefully quietly. When she reaches the bottom, if she hasn't been heard, she burrows at the base of the tree. As she is less stealthy than Fen, she waits for him to reach the ground before climbing down herself.

As she descends, Fen can almost hear a few audible cracks of branches.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Descend by tree at T1, burrow down and approach R4

I'm not actually that quiet, so here's hoping.
    Move Silently: (1d20)[4]
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2019-04-10 at 11:13 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Smiling at the brilliant efficiency of Fenrir's plan Durnehviir gives them a bit to get in place then banks around to land opposite them with the undead between. As he lands he lets out a roar in challenge to the undead and to draw their attention. Breathing fire on them as he does.

Show

Fire breath - (4d8)[15]
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

17. - Top - End - #257

Planetar

When Fenrir hears Durnehviir roar he burrows to the surface, flies up to escape any unwanted attention, takes aim at a few of the less charred zombies and lets loose a gout of flame from his jaws. He looks north to the stone structure noting any husks that appear to flank them.

Show
    Unburrow (5ft. of movement)
    Fly to I13, 10ft. up (20ft. of movement)
    Fire Breath 30ft. line targeting Z1 and Z4, Flat-footed Reflex save vs. DC 16
    Fire Damage - (4d10)[29]
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2019-04-11 at 10:44 PM.

Nosce te ipsum

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

As Fen bursts from the ground, the zombies in front of him are burnt to ash, nothing remaining of them. As he does so though, both husks burst at the seams with a black energy. A sickening blast of energy echoes throughout the forest, and you all begin to notice that, as you had suspected and worried, the graves were not as still as you had assumed.
    Spoiler: Fen
    Show
    DC 15 Reflex save
    7 Negative Energy damage, or half as much on a success

Charazael flies down in a dive, pulling up to a northward direction and spraying the zombies in flame. All of them begin to smolder and burn, before exploding in a burst of that same dark energy as before.
    Spoiler: Breath Weapon, also Durn
    Show
    40ft Cone, 45ft wide at its maximum width, fired downward, catches 7, 6, 3, 5, 2 (the rest have yet to act and so are still buried)
    (4d10)[25] Fire Damage
    DC 18 Reflex save

Durn, make a Reflex save, DC15
    6 Negative Energy damage, half on success

From out of the ground climb several undead that, while rotted like the zombies, appear less fleshy and more gaunt, with a malicious gleam of intelligence in their eyes. One of them, faster than the others, leaps over graves and tombs as Durn unleashes his gout of flame at the undead. While it doesn't seem to have the speed to attack you as well, the powerful stench of rot and decay fills your sensitive nostrils as the creature gets close to you.
    Spoiler: Durn
    Show
    DC 15 Fortitude save
    On fail, you are sickened for (1d6+4)[6] minutes

You may make an attack of opportunity, as your bite does have reach.

One of the other gaunt tabaxi corpses joins its stronger looking kin. While this one does not seem to reek as badly as the other, its closer proximity allows it just enough time to bite into your flank as your focus lays on your breath. The attack just barely gets through your thick, armored hide, and you can feel the years of rot enter your body. Additionally, you feel an icy chill in the creature's fangs.
    Show
    You take 6 piercing damage, and 3 cold damage
    Make a DC 12 fortitude save

It is Fenrir and Ymrys's turn.
    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    20 - Charazael
    19 - Ghast 1
    17 - Durn
    16 - Ghoul 1
    13 - Fenrir, Ymrys
    LITERALLY ALL LESS THAN 11: Tabaxi Zombies, Ghouls 2-4, Ghast 2, Wight, Yuan-ti Zombie

Zombies 9-12 spend the round climbing out of the earth.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-04-11 at 11:44 PM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #259

The element of surprise spoiled, but the plan still in motion, Yrmys leaps into the air from the base of her tree, beating her wings to gain altitude as she approaches the not-corpse near her. From a safe-ish height, she takes in light, refracting it within her until it grows into a blinding flash of energetic light which shines from her maw. Illuminated, she is almost transparent for a moment.

"Our wind is expended," she calls to her clutch as her glow subsides, "By maw and claw hence, with caution! Eldest, consider to tear thine trophy from thine foe, and perhaps preserve the prize!"

Show
    Move to W4, 10' above the ground.
    Breath weapon on Ghast 2, save DC 18 to take half of (4d10)[29]
    Recovery time: (1d4-1)[1]

Knowledge to identify the dark energy burst effect: (1d20)[10] +8 (if religion) or +14 (if arcana)
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

20. - Top - End - #260

Planetar

HP: 45/52

Not one to waste an opportunity, Fenrir flies over the zombie clawing its way out of the ground. "Uh, hello? I'm pretty sure corpses aren't supposed to be moving around. But in the interest of knowledge, can you tell me why you all have been waking from your supposed eternal slumbers? Do you have a purpose in rising? Is there something causing you to rise?"

Seeing the malice in the zombie's eyes Fenrir forgets his fact-finding mission and attempts to rip its head from its shoulders.

Show
    Move to K11 (5ft. up)
    Bite vs. Z10 - (1d20+9)[14], Damage - (1d4+1)[4] piercing damage
    if threat - (1d20+9)[10], if crit - (1d4+1)[4]
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2019-04-13 at 03:10 PM.

Nosce te ipsum

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Beneath Durn, a clawed paw reaches out of the muck and dirt and grabs at the young dragon's front claws. Durn however is quick in his responses, and pulls away as the Tabaxi uncovers the earth from its body. Around you all, more Tabaxi seem to dig their selves out of the ground and slowly begin to shamble over to you.

Ymrys's blast of light, though effective, does not fully hit the walking corpse as it ducks partway behind the large grave marker. You see singe marks, but not as much as you would like. "What an interesting meal you'll make..." the creature says in Tabaxi, before climbing onto the grave marker and trying to grab at you. Its focus seems more on retaining its balance though, and you easily keep your distance. As it reaches out for you, the stench of death fills your nostrils.
    Spoiler: Ymrys
    Show
    Fortidude Save, DC 15
    On fail, be sickened for (1d6+4)[9] minutes

Around Fenrir, the ghouls begin to team up, one hopping around the grave marker and making a short hop to bite you. The fangs sink in, and a chill runs through your bones as a decent chunk of flesh is ripped from your body. Just as soon as that one lets go, a second ghoul slams into you like a (relative to you) fully loaded cart, also taking a bite out of your flesh. Your own bite seems to get a mouthful of flesh, but it's hard and difficult to chew through.
    Spoiler: Fenrir
    Show
    Take 8 piercing damage, 4 cold damage
    Take 8 piercing damage, 4 cold damage (Wow, same damage rolls)

Make two DC 12 Fortitude saves

The remaining ghoul runs south toward the larger target that is Durn, hopping over a grave marker. Unfortunately for it and fortunately for you, the ground it runs over is particularly mucky, and it doesn't manage to keep a good footing as it reaches out to bite you - you easily push it back with a flap of your wings.

The rest of the undead continue to approach you, but none get close enough to attack.

Charazael's turn
    Show
    20 - Charazael
    19 - Ghast 1
    17 - Durn
    16 - Ghoul 1
    13 - Fenrir, Ymrys
    LITERALLY ALL LESS THAN 11: Tabaxi Zombies, Ghouls 2-4, Ghast 2, Wight, Yuan-ti Zombie
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-04-13 at 03:58 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

DM Taking control of Charazael
    Charazael grunts with irritation as her breath weapon takes a bit more out of her than expected. The small red dragon loops around in a circle, diving down at the Tabaxi zombie to her north, sweeping a claw at the monster as she dives past it and begins to continue onward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 35 movement looping around to the west, lowering altitude to 15ft. Fly over Zombie and drop another 10ft. End turn moving East.

Dive attack (Claw), Power Attack at -6, +3 damage
    Attack: (1d20+6)[24]
    If Crit: Undead are immune to crits
    Damage: (1d4+7)[11] (Doubled due to dive)

Breath weapon counter: 2
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-04-16 at 05:59 PM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

The Ghast next to Durn flails at the young dragon with frightening fury. As its feline teeth sink into your hide, an icy feeling spreads out from them and into your blood, as the other undead surrounding you begin to distract you from any individual threat. Thankfully, you begin to get your bearings and fend off the creature's claws before they can rip into you as well.
    Show
    You take 15 piercing damage and 7 cold damage.

Please make a fortitude save, DC 15.

Durnehviir's turn
    Show
    20 - Charazael
    19 - Ghast 1
    17 - Durn
    16 - Ghoul 1
    13 - Fenrir, Ymrys
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-04-16 at 06:09 PM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Durnehviir snarls at the damage and snaps at the ghast that hurt him.

Spoiler: Attakz
    Show

breath recharge - (1d4-1)[3]

Bite - (1d20+17)[37] on Ga1
    Damage - (1d8+8)[12]

Claws - (1d20+11)[30] on Z8
    Damage - (1d6+8)[9]
    Claws - (1d20+11)[24] on Z8
    Damage - (1d6+8)[9]

Wings - (1d20+11)[19] on Go2
    Damage - (1d4+8)[11]
    Wings - (1d20+11)[18] on Go2
    Damage - (1d4+8)[10]

I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Durn's teeth clench around the ghast, causing it to growl in anger. Your claws sink into the zombie flesh, ripping it from the bones beneath, but the body remains animated. You see in the distance the other undead exploding in a burst of energy on death, and begin to think on your own situation, surrounded on all sides.

The ghoul at your flank bites into you and that same chilling feeling spreads through you.
    Show
    Durn takes 8 piercing damage and 6 cold damage.

Make a fortitude save, DC 12

Fenrir and Ymrys's turns
    Show
    20 - Charazael
    19 - Ghast 1
    17 - Durn
    16 - Ghoul 1
    13 - Fenrir, Ymrys
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-04-17 at 10:55 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Interesting. The not-dead had spoken intelligibly. And it seems to be fairly intelligent. Perhaps there was yet more to learn...

"Thine tongue proves to be unbound," Yrmys observes, tucking her wings a little and swooping down onto the creature, "Shall we then converse, even in our present occupations?"

She pauses to snap at the unappetizing... thing. Still close to the creature, she continues talking.

"Perhaps you yet retain thine memory of life past? I would hear of it, if thou wouldst care to speak thus. How did you come to be in your present state?"

Show
    Move to V5, same height as Ghast 2. This may provoke an attack of opportunity; I don't know whether balancing prevents him from taking it. I'm glad I'm immune to cold, as he's probably going to hit me at least once. (Note: my AC is 22)

Attack with bite: (1d20+7)[17] to hit, (1d4+1)[5] damage

Breath weapon recharge counter: 0 rounds until ready (currently available)
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

27. - Top - End - #267

Planetar

AC: 21 HP: 27/62

Well, this doesn't look good... Fenrir reels from the biting cold of the zombie and flaps his wings furiously to elevate himself above the fray. He can feel his reservoir of flame building again and would soo be able to blast these fiends again. From a distance this time. "Don't worry. I've got this under control!"

Show
    Standard action: Total Defense (+4 dodge bonus to AC)
    Move action: Fly vertically 15ft (end 20ft in the air)
    Breath recharges at the end of Fen's turn

Nosce te ipsum

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

As you get in the ghast's face, the mostly fur-less undead gracefully remains balanced on the grave marker. "Little. The only thought in my mind right now... is hunger!" it growls as it slashes at you with claws. While you avoid one, the other sinks into your flank, allowing him to pull you in and bite into your tiny body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 12 piercing damage and 4 cold damage from the bite. You take 5 slashing damage and 4 cold damage from the claw.

Fenrir easily evades the grasping claws of the zombie beneath him, which just helplessly reaches up toward him with empty eyes. The other undead appear to be more intelligent than it. The zombie by Charazael similarly fails to swipe at your sister as she flies past it, though another one lumbers in to intercept her, though it stumbles over the grave marker next to it. The zombie beneath Durnehviir's feet similarly fails to land a solid hit on the other red dragon.

The ghouls beneath Fenrir, however, are not so simple minded. "I'll get the shiny one, you get the little, red one!" The two split off, with one running toward Ymrys and the other joining the growing swarm around Charazael. Fortunately, it fails to sink its jaws into her. The other ghoul near Durnehviir has less luck than its comrade, as he deftly uses his size to simply shove the lean undead back, its claws and teeth failing to find purchase.

The other more cunning undead by him, however, does manage to get another claw into his hide. "He's close! Soon, we will feast!" it shouts to the others as your limbs slowly begin to go numb from cold.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 9 slashing damage and 4 cold damage.

Out of the corner of your eyes, another undead, largely having hung back, lunges forward at Durnehviir. It looks similar to the ghouls and ghasts that surround you, but appears more gaunt, less muscular. The reeking rot on the others is less pronounced as well, being replaced with the more dull, chilling scent of death. In spite of this, it doesn't have you by surprise, and a simple flourish of your wings gives the wight pause enough that it's hand fail to grasp at your scales.

The dead Yuan-ti, finally close to a prey target, staggers forward toward Durn, but you've quickly become used to being surrounded, and its attacks are just as easily dodged.

It is Charazael's turn
    Show
    20 - Charazael
    19 - Ghast 1
    17 - Durn
    16 - Ghoul 1
    13 - Fenrir, Ymrys

Show

29. - Top - End - #269

BlackDragon

Charazael

Charazael unleashed her fury on the Ghoul in front of her snapping with claws and jaws as she circles her prey.

Show

5ft step to Q14

Full attack on Ghoul 4
    Bite (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage (1d6+4)[7]

Claw (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage (1d6+6)[11]

Claw (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage (1d6+4)[6]

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Assumptions
    Show
    You're still mid-flight, and do not have good or better maneuverability. As such, you cannot 5ft step while flying. You drop to the ground, and (rolled a 16) succeed on the DEX/untrained tumble check to keep your footing in the square.

You cannot 5ft step 10ft from O15 to Q14. You would also be unable to reach the ghoul at all. I'll assume you meant P14.

Your damage dice are wrong, I'll reroll the claw attack damages if they hit.

The ghoul unfortunately deftly dodges out of the way of you claws and teeth, seeming to almost laugh at your attempts to fight against it.

Meanwhile, the ghast near Durnehviir gives you a wicked grin. Though you can't understand him, Fen and the others hear a deep shout of "Come on, everyone, he can't stand up to all of us!" The ghast slashes at you with one claw, and it bounces off of your armored hide, but the second one grabs into a wing and that irritatingly familiar cold cuts into your body like a knife. As you snap at his claw, you leave yourself open for just a moment, and the ghast seizes it, biting into your neck and causes you to cough and taste a taste that is familiar yet foreign: blood. Your own blood, sickeningly cold from the undead tabaxi's bite.

Show
    You take 6 slashing damage and 3 cold damage from the claw.

You take 20 piercing damage and 4 cold damage from the bite.

It is Durnehviir's turn
    Show
    20 - Charazael
    19 - Ghast 1
    17 - Durn
    16 - Ghoul 1
    13 - Fenrir, Ymrys

Show