New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

Adalbert takes the time to properly kill the shaman. He struggles a fair bit when it comes to actually getting his dagger through as his arms are not trained for combat. He picks up the two wands, checking them with Detect Magic as he continues his way, vaguely following the group.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalbert detects that one of the wands shines faint evocation, but is unsure about the actual spell. The other wand, shining faint transmutation, positively detects as Tree Shape with 4 charges. Shalelu crosses the bridge, keeping the bow aimed at the eastern tower, on which nobody appears, then takes a moment examining a coil of rope tied to the pole on one end and to the rope bridge on another. Not making anything out of it, she shrugs and keeps watching the tower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalbert know arcana: 1d20+7 = 17
    Adalbert spellcraft: (1d20+7)[14]
    Adalbert know arcana: 1d20+7 = 17
    Adalbert spellcraft: (1d20+7)[25]

It will take only 2..3 rounds to beat down the door if you don't care about it being usable afterwards, but Adalbert detects those wands for a total of 6 rounds, so let's rule you give him the time. Also, I assume 6*3 is how much Lebwen's healed by the time the door is down.

Any last preparatory actions? (asking for Lebwen specifically)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks guys, I took a beating there. As did you Adalbert, quite the daring plan you tried there. I think your disguise has got us as far as it is going to, but it did cause some confusion while it lasted.

Not sure what we'll see, but if we've got a group of them, if you can give me a moment to try to color spray the largest group before jumping in we can save ourselves a bit of fighting.
    "

Lebwen says as moving out of the cover and helping with the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Didn't really end up with a great selection of spells given where we are, should have went a little more utility and defense in my choices.

With Fast Healing and CLW I should be at 25hps at the end of 6 rounds

AP weapon enhancement should be over next round if I counted correctly

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin looks at the others then claps Lebwen on the back. "I'm happy to hang back and let your sorceries do the work. It's Adalbert here you have to watch running on ahead".

He grins at the others as the doors are hacked partially open. "Let's drive these goblins out eh!"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

Before you bash down the door, Shalelu puts an arrow through the chest of the remaining sleeping goblin dog and nocks another one, ready for action. Under your heavy hits the doors (or, more precisely, their battered remains) soon swing open, revealing a room half-full of goblins. Six of the goblins, armed with the bows, shoot at Lebwen before anyone could react. Three manage to hit, for 4, 2 and 2 damage. Two goblins on the flanks ready their horsechoppers. Lebwen recognizes them as those who were on the eastern tower. The one to the left is covered with blood from two arrow wounds, but the arrows are no longer in there and the wounds do not seem to further bleed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    Goblins: (1d20+6)[20]
    Adalbert: (1d20+4)[20]
    Justin: (1d20+4)[19]
    Lebwen: (1d20+0)[4]
    Lizuga: (1d20+1)[5]
    Shalelu: (1d20+3)[7]
    Iris: last

Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[13] for (1d4)[2]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[13] for (1d4)[1]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[17] for (1d4)[4]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[16] for (1d4)[2]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20+3)[16] for (1d4)[2]
    Goblin shortbow: (1d20-1)[12] for (1d4)[1]

X4 and U7 are with horsechoppers, the rest are with bows.

=> Party

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll try to get the ones to the north, you guys hit the ones to the west" Lebwen says as he steps into the room and calls forth his magic while trying to avoid the horsechoppers.

Show

Cast defensively
    (1d20+10)[20] vs DC 17 (+4 combat casting, +3 int, +3 CL) (15+2xSL1)
    Assuming they're probably waiting until we get close enough to attack, so I'll probably take their hits, but this at least avoids the AOO attacks, assuming I get it at least.

From W6 I should hit all 4 to the north, V-X. If W6 is going to block everyone else from getting through the door then I'll move to X5 instead and only hit 3.

Will negates DC 14
    Assuming HD2 or less:
    The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for (2d4)[5] rounds

HP 17/26 (25-8)

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin grins and then ducks hurriedly as the flurry of arrows come flying out of the door, some hitting Lebwen. Heeding Lebwen's advice he ducks left, a shouted "I'll take this one" as he ducks behind the mage and leaps into the fray with the left hand line of goblins axe and sword chopping and stabbing as he unleashes the swift claws of the thrashing dragon.

Show

Move: To V6
    Standard: Swift claws
    - Sword vs U6 (1d20+8)[28] dam (2d6+6)[10] If 15 confirms then 11 extra damage
    - Axe vs U7 ((1d20+8)[19] dam (2d6+4)[15]

Immediate: If attacked counter with bloody riposte (1d20+8)[16] dam (4d6+6)[24]

If U7's readied action us used against me and my counter kills him please direct my axe attack against or U5 or U6 as needed

EDIT: Possibly +2 on all the attack rolls from Adalbert

HPs 17/20 +4 Temp
    Saves +5/4/0 +2 Vs Death/Fatigue/Exhaust/Poison
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 Vs goblins

Conditions:
    Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

Last edited by DrK; 2019-07-26 at 08:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Goblins...again. How boring! Adalbert shouts. I think you know how to maim them now. he adds in a snarky tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Naturalist +2 to atk/AC/saves vs goblins

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Lebwen steps into the room. The same instant both goblins with horsechoppers swing at him, but their weapons collide in mid-swing, ruining both attacks. Lebwen then casts the spell, releasing a vivid cone of clashing colors at the northern group of goblins. Three of the four of them fall to the ground unconscious. Justin follows in and is promptly targeted by a swing of horsechopper... which misses, but provokes a counterattack from Justin as the goblin fights with his weapon's inertia. Justin reaches out and slices the goblin in half, then closes in and slices another goblin in half and gets his axe deep into the third goblin. Two remaining conscious goblins are visibly shocked by the course of events.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied horsechopper: (1d20+4)[7] for (1d8+1)[7]
    Readied horsechopper: (1d20+4)[7] for (1d8+1)[4]
    Goblin will: (1d20-1)[0]
    Goblin will: (1d20-1)[7]
    Goblin will: (1d20-1)[15]
    Goblin will: (1d20+2)[12]

AoO horsechopper: (1d20+4)[11] for (1d8+1)[5] vs Justin

@Justin: Does your bloody riposte has reach in current stance? I will allow Adalbert's inspiration kick in before your actions, so that counter would be a hit. Is it resolved before or after the triggering attack is resolved (not that it matters this time)? I rule that you don't get full amount of soft cover when moving through an ally square and AoOs against you are not prevented, but you do get +2 to AC (like thin tree / slender column) (dug out an actual rule).

=> Lizuga and Iris
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-07-26 at 10:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

"Haaaaaah!", Lizuga shots, and rushes in to hammer her share of goblins. She casts an appreciative glance at Justin as she surveys the carnage, then pokes a hole in one of the remaining goblin with the spike on her long hammer.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move to U6. Encouraging Roar. Attack the goblin at U4. Lucerne Hammer (1d20+11)[18], (1d12+6)[7]+(1d6)[5]

The other goblin will provoke if his path takes him through W4.

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+11)[21], (1d12+6)[15]+(1d6)[5] - or shield bash (1d20+10)[17], (1d4+6)[10]+(1d6)[6].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+11)[31], (1d12+6)[13]+(1d6)[4] - or shield bash (1d20+10)[21], (1d4+6)[9]+(1d6)[4]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 21 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +6 armor, +2 insight). Counter: Oaken Shield (+4 AC)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+2)[20]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curates Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 2/3
    Hit Points: 22/24
    Sheet link

Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-07-26 at 02:28 PM.
    Semper ludens.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris hustles to catch up with the group as they smash in the door to the goblin fort. Moving across the bridge she fires into the fray, the arrow sailing over the heads of her allies into the room before them.

Spoiler: actions & status
    Show
    Wait for me!

Move: Move to AC14?
    Standard: Longbow vs goblin (1d20+9)[19] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+2)[3]
    Immediate (If attacked): Adoration - immediate sanctuary (Will DC13)

Is that odd seagull still around?

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 3, Init 6, HP 15/17, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +7 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +6 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition
    Lucky Number [16] (24 hours): reroll or +2 Luck bonus if number [16] rolled
    Naturalist (Adalbert): +2 insight bonus to AC, attacks & saves vs goblins
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-07-26 at 04:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

Lizuga moves in and spikes one of the remaining goblins. Iris crosses the bridge with no targets in sight. Shalelu moves towards the entrance and places an arrow through the chest of the last conscious goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+13)[21]for (1d8+5)[9]

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    I'm assuming that this is the same encounter that started when Adalbert ran across the bridge, and we haven't had time to recover yet?
    You had maybe 3 rounds to recover whatever can be recovered in these 3 rounds, but otherwise - yep, same encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Is that odd seagull still around?
    Nope.

You can post up to 5 rounds worth of actions.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"Haven't you ever heard of 'Ladies First'?" she jokes half-seriously to Adalbert as she catches up with everyone and takes a position just inside the broken doors. "Have you worked out which way?"

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Move to W6 once Lebwen vacates it. I believe this is interior rather than a courtyard?

She'll use any remaining rounds to listen/ search the doors in the room (not the hallway) for clues as to what may be beyond. Start with western double doors & go clockwise:
    Perception (1d20+8)[20]
    Perception (1d20+8)[14]
    Perception (1d20+8)[9]

If we're still out of combat then Iris will then simply stand ready & alert. If we're 'in combat' still she'll ready an action to Rapid Shot attack.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-07-27 at 06:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris examines the doors leading out of the room (it is a room, not a courtyard), and you can spend some time looking around now that the goblins are down. The floor of this room is hard-packed soil, as if the builders either ran out of lumber after building the walls and roof, or as if they simply never thought about building a floor. A number of poorly preserved horse and dog heads are mounted along the eastern wall, while along the southern wall hangs a pair of large black-feathered wings tacked to the wall with daggers. Both double doors lead to somewhere dark and silent, but the sun shines behind the single door to the north. Iris can hear goblin dogs' squeaks from behind that door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Out of combat now.
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-07-28 at 03:25 AM.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Any decent lady needs introduction, don't you think? Adalbert snarks back. Apart from that, no lady punches this hard. If I didn't know you worked with the grace of Sarenrae, I would honestly be scared.

Adalbert waves the wands around. You should probably know these two are magical. One is used to disguise yourself as a tree and it is almost empty. We should be fine in here but watch the trees, as paranoid as it may sound. The other one I don't know really. And if they are this crafty with magic, we should probably check for traps.

Adalbert looks for traps.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

"I just knocked out the goblins, we'll need to finish them off unless we think keeping one alive is of any value" Lebwen takes care of the unconscious goblins* and then checks for any items of note.

"It looks like there are a lot of doors out of here, do we want to try north or west first? It looks like there are more paths north so we could each take a door and rush them." Lebwen heads to the north and listens at the walls and doors and tries to peer through any gaps to see what is on the other side.

Show

*take care of, as either kill or tie up if anyone thinks having any alive is worthwhile.

perception to listen through wall
    (1d20+2)[11]

perception to listen check for cracks and other ways of looking into the other rooms
    (1d20+2)[8]

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin breathes for a second gathering his breath after the brief and bloody fight. Wiping the green blood splattered over his weapons clean on the dead creatures he nods to Lebwen happy for the magus to finish them off. Glancing around at the doors he gestures to the one on the far left - "Do we just start here and work our way round?". Looking at the other he grins, "We seem to be doing pretty well here today though." He glances at the elven ranger, the day of fighting resulting in a lessening of the embarassment. "My thanks Shalelu, your bow has been invaluable."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga

"Well, I'm hardly a Lady", Lizuga says, "hammer or otherwise. I ain't ever slept in silk sheets or had servants to wash my hair".

She leans on her hammer, and looks away as Lebwen finishes off the unconscious goblins.
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

With no one expressing the need in live goblins, Lebwen takes time to finish all three. Adalbert looks for traps. So far not finding any, but reliable trapfinding is nowhere near fast, so he is just getting started. Suddenly, Shalelu shouts "Goblins!", stepping out of the doorway and shooting three arrows to the west. You hear some goblin screams and the rustling of bushes. "Got away. Mostly."

Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    "Too late, they are already here!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins stealth: (1d20+10)[18]
    Shalelu perception: (1d20+14)[28]

Goblins initiative: (1d20+6)[15]
    Shalelu initiative: (1d20+3)[19]

Shalelu longbow: (1d20+11)[15] for (1d8+3)[10] miss (1d100)[100]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+11)[30] for (1d8+3)[6] miss (1d100)[57]
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+6)[20] for (1d8+3)[4] miss (1d100)[87]

Your choice about whether to chase. The bushes here are difficult terrain and grant concealment.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

Let them flee. I am more concerned what the others are planning. From their babbling it seems they prepared something they did not finish.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin nods in agreement, "Lets head inside. I'll let one of the ladies choose a likely door then we can roust out these goblin and whatever lies within this place.". He checks his weapons and armour quickly, ready to once more enter the fray.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

"We should shut up that door as best we can and go through the fort. I don't think we could ever hope to move through the brush as fast as the goblins do, better staying more in the clear.
    Shalelu could you watch the door, and our backs, as we move farther in?
    " Lebwen says, then goes and tries to shut the gate in as best he can, and piles up the goblins' corpses by the door to help hold it shut.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"There's more of those filthy dogs through here" says Iris, motioning to the single door to the north. "Shall we take them out first?".

Spoiler: planned actions...?
    Show
    If agreed, she'll wait for the party to prepare, then open the door. The intention being to shoot and then move so a front-liner can hold the door in her place.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin nods to Iris. "A solid plan, when you jump back I'm sure the rest of us can pen these foul beasts in.". Standing by the door he readies himself for action!

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga

Lizuga files up besides Justin, and plants the butt of her hammer against her boot, bracing it like a spear. "Lady, these are good people, help me keep them alive okay?" she mutters under her breath.

Spoils of War Stance: Allies within 30' heal 4 hp when they hit with an attack (once per round).
    Semper ludens.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

I hope and pray there are just goblins behind these doors. We know how to deal with them by now. Adalbert murmurs a few words before biting down on a single coffee bean.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking his crossbow to aim at the door, he starts Naturalist again. Then he casts Heightened Awareness for 30 minutes. I hope to hit something for sweet health recovery.

If I see something demonic or abberant, I'd take 10 on the check, plus +2 from my spell. If it is something big (aka large in size terms) I take my 20 for the day.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-07-31 at 08:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll watch the doors and the bridge. We wouldn't want to be trapped on this island, would we? Good luck."

You close the doors (or what is left of them) and put some goblins near there to marginally delay anyone attempting to open them. Adalbert finishes looking for traps, so far not finding any. Iris opens the door and sees four goblin dogs scattered around the courtyard, standing there more or less ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure whether you wanted Shalelu inside or outside, but she definitely prefers to stay where she can protect the bridge.

Initiative:
    Goblin dogs: (1d20+2)[5]
    Adalbert: (1d20+4)[8]
    Iris: (1d20+6)[18]
    Justin: (1d20+4)[20]
    Lebwen: (1d20+0)[5]
    Lizuga: (1d20+1)[5]

=> Iris, Justin and Adalbert

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

I don't care about the mutts, I need revenge! Adalbert shoots at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[13]
    (1d6)[1]

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin grins as Lizuga's stance inspires him. "More dogs, I hate these things" he shouts as he leaps forward, blades in hand darting through the doorway and stepping left before hacking at the nearest dog with axe and sword.

Show

Move: To U18
    Standard: Swift claws
    - Sword vs dog (1d20+8)[24] dam [roll]2d6+6]/roll]
    - Axe vs dog (1d20+8)[16] dam (2d6+4)[9]

Immediate: If attacked counter with bloody riposte (1d20+8)[22] dam (4d6+6)[21]

EDIT: Possibly +2 on all the attack rolls from Adalbert

HPs 17/20 +4 Temp
    Saves +5/4/0 +2 Vs Death/Fatigue/Exhaust/Poison
    AC 18 (FF 14 Touch 14) Edit: +2 vs goblin dogs from Naturalist

Conditions:
    Indomitable Presence: Adopt as Free (All allies within 30-ft. of his position gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and may add his warlord initiation modifier (+2) to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.)

Heal 4 hp o a hit 1/round (Lizugae stance)

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Throwing open the door Iris sends arrows sailing past Justin, hoping to take down the animals swiftly.

Spoiler: Actions & Status
    Show
    Full: Longbow vs goblin dog (1d20+7)[11] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+2)[8]
    Longbow vs goblin dog (1d20+7)[13] (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon, -2 Rapid Shot, +2 naturalist) damage (1d8+2)[6]

Not sure if I'm still allowed a full attack after opening the door? Please adjust as needed.

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 3, Init 6, HP 15/17, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 18, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +7 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +6 (+2 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition
    Lucky Number [16] (24 hours): reroll or +2 Luck bonus if number [16] rolled
    Naturalist (Adalbert): +2 insight bonus to AC, attacks & saves vs goblin dogs
    Spoils of War Stance (Lizuga): Allies within 30' heal 4 hp when they hit with an attack (once per round).
    Indomitable Presence (Justin): All allies within 30-ft. of Justin gain the benefits of the Die Hard feat, and +2 morale to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects