New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default (IC) Plane War I, Raise your Own Kingdom and Protect the Gods (3.5)

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If anyone believes that their character would not have a motive to come you can just join in some other way and give a reason. For those who don't object I will assume this method of introduction is ok for you.
    As for the motivation of Dursurayss I read the sheet and he is a do gooder, if you read what is below you will understand what could be a possible motivation for him to come.

Welcome to all passengers to the world of Delvehrkt, we hope you enjoy your stay. You are currently in the City State of Delvehrkt by the outer border.
    *Boom*
    Alert! A Demon skirmish has begun and is leaded by a Balor. Please walk down to the bunker and remain calm until help arrives. Members of the DDC have already been contacted, please wait patiently. Any and all adventurers are welcome to assist in the delaying or destruction of these demons.

Beside you are a Steel Dragon, an Illithid, a weird Centaur looking monster, a Dragonborn Goliath, a Human and an Elf. There are clearly lit red arrows pointing to an Adamantine door. No one else stands beside you as whoever brought you here has left and for some reason you can't seem to recall who or what brought you here.

All of you knew that there was a Demon invasion in Delvehrkt before you came, but never did it occur to any one of you that it would be caught up on it the minute you arrived.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-11-05 at 08:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Plane War I, Raise your Own Kingdom and Protect the Gods (3.5)

on hearing this announcement of an impending attack by a balor, looking at the others, prepares her weapon for a battle, and thinks about what spells or powers could be most useful against a balor

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

“So tedious. This will just take a second or two.”

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    This is all from my Schism’d “brains”
    Manifest Metaconcert with my Psicrystal to get around unique powers per day.
    Manifest Mental Pinnacle a few times to gain a bunch of extra PP. Manifest Greater Scrying to find the demons. Manifest Greater Teleport to where the demons are. Manifest Disintegrate until all the demons die. Manifest Greater Teleport to get back to wherever I am now.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*Looks left, looks right*

"All right people, let's do this."

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    Casts Persistent Holy Aura and Persistent Mass Resist Energy: Fire
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You hear another announcement
    Demons have breached the area, those who have not yet entered the Bunker enter before the doors are closed. You have 18 seconds until the Demons reach and 12 until the doors are closed.
    Boom

You see as a pack of at the very least 30 Balors breaches in with around 100 smaller Demons. They start to charge and see as a cloaked ice creature appears in front of you, with various runes carved into its skin. "Ï'll handle it" it says before his runes start to glow and instantaneously you count as hundreds of rays go from him, to the now big pile of dust in front of you.

"Welcome to Delvehrkt."

Taking a better look at it you see it is humanoid in shape and has a long beard, it stands 8ft tall. Some of the runes of his skin disappeared but many remain.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-01-17 at 08:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

There was not much that would capture Dursurayss’ attention in this day and age.

The steel dragon, unique in all the realms, was a being that had little concern with the lives of individuals. Nor did he have much concern for the lives of a single village, a single province, a single kingdom. Not even a kingdom, a continent, nor a world interested him much anymore. Knowing how vast, wide and terrible the true reality was, Dursurayss had turned away from such small, minor concerns, instead, turning his attention towards the multiverse as a whole. His concerns were not off mortals, but of planes. The balance of power between the four axis of the multiverse, Good, Evil, Law and Chaos... as well as the survival and security of all planes, not just one.

Hence, it was almost a compliment that this new, planar war had drawn the dragon out from his scheduled retreat, and onto a material plane once more. It was the first war of a multi-planar level that was a witness off, and it was a war of significant alarm. Not just the fact that there was multiple factions of this war, with the purpose and reasoning behind their actions being obscured in darkness. But the fact that this Martial Plane of Delvehrkt had its Primeval Pact destroyed... and that Asmodeus had been prepared for it... and this Martial Plane, this Deleverhrkt, was a Martial Plane of immense natural power.

With this knowledge, Dursurayss was not surprised about the fact that there was a demon attack moments after he arrived. The steel dragon bearing not a single thought to those who had arrived at a similar time-frame of his own. Nor was he too surprised when the demons were dealt with promptly by a tall, rune-covered being wielding immense magical power. Through it was a surprise that their savour was this very particular being.

“The Soul of the Frost himself. A rather grandiose individual to be our greeter.” Dursurayss remarked, stepping forwards in order to introduce himself, and hopefully converse with the Soul. “I am Dursurayss, and I am hoping I may be pointed towards one of the demon portals. I am certain that my knowledge will be able to aid in its closure.”

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

-it’s power is immense-
    -dangerous foe-
    -possible ally-
    -how’d it do-
    -what do the runes-
    Shut up!

With a thought, Ashten stopped the mental whispering of his innumerable psionic brains. Their advice was often helpful, but he needed to think now, without distraction. “Now who are you? I would imagine that disintegrating over 30 Balors would take some effort, so why did you feel the need to? And dragon, do you know who this creature is?”
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-18 at 05:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by anonomas321 View Post
    There was not much that would capture Dursurayss’ attention in this day and age.

The steel dragon, unique in all the realms, was a being that had little concern with the lives of individuals. Nor did he have much concern for the lives of a single village, a single province, a single kingdom. Not even a kingdom, a continent, nor a world interested him much anymore. Knowing how vast, wide and terrible the true reality was, Dursurayss had turned away from such small, minor concerns, instead, turning his attention towards the multiverse as a whole. His concerns were not off mortals, but of planes. The balance of power between the four axis of the multiverse, Good, Evil, Law and Chaos... as well as the survival and security of all planes, not just one.

Hence, it was almost a compliment that this new, planar war had drawn the dragon out from his scheduled retreat, and onto a material plane once more. It was the first war of a multi-planar level that was a witness off, and it was a war of significant alarm. Not just the fact that there was multiple factions of this war, with the purpose and reasoning behind their actions being obscured in darkness. But the fact that this Martial Plane of Delvehrkt had its Primeval Pact destroyed... and that Asmodeus had been prepared for it... and this Martial Plane, this Deleverhrkt, was a Martial Plane of immense natural power.

With this knowledge, Dursurayss was not surprised about the fact that there was a demon attack moments after he arrived. The steel dragon bearing not a single thought to those who had arrived at a similar time-frame of his own. Nor was he too surprised when the demons were dealt with promptly by a tall, rune-covered being wielding immense magical power. Through it was a surprise that their savour was this very particular being.

“The Soul of the Frost himself. A rather grandiose individual to be our greeter.” Dursurayss remarked, stepping forwards in order to introduce himself, and hopefully converse with the Soul. “I am Dursurayss, and I am hoping I may be pointed towards one of the demon portals. I am certain that my knowledge will be able to aid in its closure.”
    "Ah, I see I am known through more than this plane. Strange that you know of the Demon Portals, I had not spread word of them, might've been Hyuuga I'd be guessing. Anyways, the portals are handled buty what we need it not necessarily to shut them down, they will just be re opened, we need to fortify and gather the strength we have on the city states. May I know what Power Spark you are part of? Even the most powerful of other worlds get no further than high end High Spark but we would need those of at least Standard Royal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    -it’s power is immense-
    -dangerous foe-
    -possible ally-
    -how’d it do-
    -what do the runes-
    Shut up!

With a thought, Ashten stopped the mental whispering of his innumerable psionic brains. Their advice was often helpful, but he needed to think now, without distraction. “Now who are you? I would imagine that disintegrating over 30 Balors would take some effort, so why did you feel the need to? And dragon, do you know who this creature is?”
    "Im the Soul of the Frost, I'm a partaker of the DDC and considered one of the top tier casters of this plane for what you just saw, my ability to cast immediately. Althopugh to many disintegrating that amount of Balors would be a challenge, I am more than capacitated to deal with this kind of threat, I was contacted by the administrator of this Planeport and told of the invasion so that is why I came."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    “What are these... demon portals? Are there more demons to fight?” Ashten feels a bit cheated by the Lord of Frost killing the demons before he did, and he wants to find more.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-18 at 06:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashten
    What are these... demon portals? Are there more demons to fight?
    "The Demons opened 53 breaches all around the continent, unending amounts of Demons are spilling out of them every so often. What you just saw come your way is what we have been dealing with for a week every around 10 minutes but there are usually more low tier demons accompanying them."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Sara looking at the person who calls himself "Soul of the Frost" ( Knowledge Local +88 (1d20+88)[93] ) .... 53 breaches you say, seems there is a definite daemon problem. Looking at the others standing nearby, I suppose that you would be looking for help with that issue... I am not sure about them.. but I might be able to help.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    I am willing to help close these “breaches”, if my help is wanted. I am curious- how did they start forming?

13. - Top - End - #13

BlueKnightGuy

*Grunt*

"Always a bigger fish..."
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"If you guys want to be of help I guess I could take you to one of the breaches, but I won't stay with you. I am in charge of dealing with City state defense not with stopping the breaches. I would have to consult with other DDC members to see where we need help the most. Although for that you would have to wait until at least tomorrow when we can meet."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-01-19 at 04:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

BlueKnightGuy

Meraxen considers the Soul of the Frost's offer silently for a moment, then he turns to the rest of the group and eyes them up and down.

"I'm always ready to smite some evil, but you lot...can you handle yourselves in a fight? I don't want you to get yourselves killed. If you're going to be a liability, then best find that bunker."
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    “I am not a liability. While my job is not to smite evil, I would be happy to join you” Ashten said, with a touch of indignation.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-20 at 02:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Away from home so I can't use color. Will just use quotation marks and a (person) before to differentiate

(SotF)"So is that the decision? Many of you have not yet decided. I'll contact the rest of the DDC, give me a second" He closes his eyes for around half a second and suddenly his eyes open up with seeming enlightenment (SotF)"I have contacted all of the DDC and they are all in combat, we have agreed to discuss your help in the breaches tomorrow by when military reinforces are scheduled to come which could allow us to talk calmly and rationally. For the moment I would reccomend setting up shop somewhere and prepare for whatever we need you for. Regardless of the task, I am afraid I would not be accompanying you as I am on City state duty so don't expect me to help, but the other members of the DDC are of similar combat capabilities as well."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Sara listening to (SotF) and the issues of the many breaches, Pondering options for a potential shop. Do you know of any decently priced locations where one can setup a shop / living quarters?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Sara listening to (SotF) and the issues of the many breaches, Pondering options for a potential shop. Do you know of any decently priced locations where one can setup a shop / living quarters?
    (SotF)"Here in Delvehrkt it is an expensive living but one can live well off. The city states of Solaris and Kwyrn would be my next choices, they are slightly cheaper and the quality of life is similar."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-01-23 at 02:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Despite the fact he was hoping to gain the Soul’s aid in his current endeavour, the steel dragon saw little reason when it came to enlightening him in regards to how he had come to learn of the demon portal’s existence. Through in his own opinion, the fact that there was an incursion involving 30 Balor’s moments after they arrived was pretty evident of their existence all by itself. Instead, Dursurayss would turn his attention to the question that had been asked of him. Ignoring the others around him at this time. He had seen no sign from them that they would be off any aid of his quest.

“Portals need to be closed before they can be sealed, and I need a chance to study the portals used before I can gain the possibility of a countermeasure.” Dursurayss would elaborate after the Soul of the Frost correctly pointed out that the demons could simply open the portal again after it was closed, or potentially a new one if the portal was flat-out destroyed. “Through I am afraid I will have to request for clarification in regards to these ‘Power Sparks’ you discuss. I am not enlightened as to how to rank myself in that regard.”

As for the suggestion that they wait until tomorrow, and set up shop until then? Dursurayss would simply state that. “There is no need for that. Simply point me in the direction of a portal, and I shall see for myself whenever I will need to retreat.”

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by anonomas321 View Post
    Despite the fact he was hoping to gain the Soul’s aid in his current endeavour, the steel dragon saw little reason when it came to enlightening him in regards to how he had come to learn of the demon portal’s existence. Through in his own opinion, the fact that there was an incursion involving 30 Balor’s moments after they arrived was pretty evident of their existence all by itself. Instead, Dursurayss would turn his attention to the question that had been asked of him. Ignoring the others around him at this time. He had seen no sign from them that they would be off any aid of his quest.

“Portals need to be closed before they can be sealed, and I need a chance to study the portals used before I can gain the possibility of a countermeasure.” Dursurayss would elaborate after the Soul of the Frost correctly pointed out that the demons could simply open the portal again after it was closed, or potentially a new one if the portal was flat-out destroyed. “Through I am afraid I will have to request for clarification in regards to these ‘Power Sparks’ you discuss. I am not enlightened as to how to rank myself in that regard.”

As for the suggestion that they wait until tomorrow, and set up shop until then? Dursurayss would simply state that. “There is no need for that. Simply point me in the direction of a portal, and I shall see for myself whenever I will need to retreat.”
    OOC: New color for SotF in use now
    "Power Sparks are a power scaling measure used frequently in this plane. They scale in Low, Standard, High, Royal, Elite and Uber. Each of which is further divided into 3 parts, low end, middle end and high end. The power scaling is set through many standards and therefore vary from user to user. For example a regular human would be on Middle end low, a rookie adventurer in low end Standard, Trolls in High end Standard and most powerful creatures by standards of other planes would be high end high. The Gods would for the most part fit in a middle end Royal. As you have likely seen the scale is exponential. I myself am in the high end of Uber but high end Uber is anything above middle end uber to the point where I could be about as threatening as a house cat to someone else in high end Uber or the other way around.

As for taking you to the breaches, currently I cannot leave my post as City State Guard until the meeting tomorrow by when I have scheduled a temporary replacement, when we decide where we need help you will be able to see and study the breaches as much as you desire. As you likely know due to your ancient wisdom, patience is required a lot of the times and I am afraid this is one of those times. Rushing will not get anything done."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-01-23 at 08:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

17 hours later....

The Soul of the Frost had offered to house you just after the dialogue earlier (You may accept or decline) and so you find yourself at his ice palace. It is located north of the continent, in a place where Ice and snow cover the land and where trees are scarce. Outside the palace it looks like it is either the calmest wind you have ever seen or a rfaging blizzard, until now you have seen 3 blizzards in the last hours.

About 3 hours ago some people started to arrive who you guess were DDC members by the warm welcoming that the SotF gave them. Among them you see a changeling who looks oriental with small eyes, no hair and the typical monk outfit, strangely you see as a couple tentacles sprout from his back as he used one to serve himself a drink mid conversation with the soul. Later on a Kobold appears and is covered with magical runes in all of his scales, both of his eyes bright red with seemingly for pupils, one at the center and the others away from the center pupil and looking like the vertices of a triangle. Later on, a changeling with a grayish skin color instead of the regular white appeared, he was covered with a cloak and there was just something about him unnerving, some of you could not even hear his steps when he walked and at times he would just disappear without even hiding. He did not become invisible, you just could not see him. Later came what seemed to be an Aasimar, also wearing the robes of a monk but strangely his eyes were pure white and had no pupils. The last recognizable creature to arrive was a golem formed by quartz crystal who was teh size oif a dragon, strangely this golem seemed to be intelligent and somehow seemed to have two personalities, one of which apparently talked in third person. Those there gathered and the Soul raised one of his hands and caused a vast number of chairs to appear. Those who came sat all in one side together and the instant the last of them sat, some kind of magical shadow covered projections appeared over the many other chairs. You could not pick out any details from those projections for some reason except that one of them seemed to be weaving what seemed like a basket. In the end, after an hour long discussion they made a vote for which most of them said the name "Quid". As the vote concluded, the cloaked changeling whispered in a voice that could be heard by all "Dismissed". The projections disappeared and the members who came said their goodbyes and parted, all except the rne covered kobold. He comes up to you and says "I'm Quid-Kui, the Copy Caster. Your assigned DDC member, get prepared, we are leaving in an hour towards one of the breaches. Prepare for mass combat against Demons. Any questions you have, ask now."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    Prepare for mass combat against Demons. Any questions you have, ask now."[/COLOR]
    As Sara processes these last few words, she considers what spells might be best for dealing with planar creatures, deamons, and closing a breach...
    Mr. Quid-Kui I supose I am as ready as I can be given the conditions and area.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I guess I will do a short explanation. We will go to one of the unguarded breaches and theer I will perform a ritual invented by my clan to understand the nature of it. During this ritual I will be in no conditions to fight so I will need you to defend me. If at any point the danger is too great we will leave regardless of if the ritual is completed or not."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

"I guess I will do a short explanation. We will go to one of the unguarded breaches and theer I will perform a ritual invented by my clan to understand the nature of it. During this ritual I will be in no conditions to fight so I will need you to defend me. If at any point the danger is too great we will leave regardless of if the ritual is completed or not."

I can use: Analyze Portal, to assist in understanding the nature of the breach, I find magic missiles effective on most deamon's as few are immune to that damage, and I can have Greater Plane Shift & or Word of Recall on tap in case the need arises to leave in a hurry... I would just need to set the recall location to say a nearby tavern..

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post

I can use: Analyze Portal, to assist in understanding the nature of the breach, I find magic missiles effective on most deamon's as few are immune to that damage, and I can have Greater Plane Shift & or Word of Recall on tap in case the need arises to leave in a hurry... I would just need to set the recall location to say a nearby tavern..
    "Seems like a good idea to use Analyze Portal, use it if you desire. Maybe we get something useful."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Seems like a good idea to use Analyze Portal, use it if you desire. Maybe we get something useful."
    Ashten
    “What spells do you wish for me to cast? If you name it, I probably know it.” Ashten’s brains “whisper” in agreement. “In any case, I am ready to leave now.”

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashten
    “What spells do you wish for me to cast? If you name it, I probably know it.” Ashten’s brains “whisper” in agreement. “In any case, I am ready to leave now.”
    "Do not worry about that, I can gather the information, what I would need would be defense. I myself know basically all spells and can cast them at any moments notice as I see fit. Although I do occasionally forget about the existence of one or two. I am called the Copy Caster for a reason."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do not worry about that, I can gather the information, what I would need would be defense. I myself know basically all spells and can cast them at any moments notice as I see fit. Although I do occasionally forget about the existence of one or two. I am called the Copy Caster for a reason."
    Ashten
    “Defense as in spells or as in removing unwanted distractions? I can do either.”

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashten
    “Defense as in spells or as in removing unwanted distractions? I can do either.”
    "Stopping the Demon hordes from killing me while performing the ritual."