New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,107 of 1107
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

"It cleanses a wide area. As long as you're within twenty yards of me, you can breathe. But you're going to want to be closer than that when we fly. It's about to get stormy. Kalir, I'm going to need you to guide us there: you're the only one who knows where he is."

For a moment, Daun considers her options. The storm she was about to make should keep the hunter's bullets out. But then again, Camus's wind wall should have done that as well, so there were no guarantees. She could call forth a flock of eagles to fly with them, in front of them, between them and the shooter. It's within her power, but...

No! No, what kind of druid would I be to call on friends of the forest, only to have them shot down instead of myself? A sh**ty druid. I'm supposed to be a protector of the wilderness, not its bloody tyrant. We'll be fine.

In truth she was afraid of that gun. But she would be damned if she let the others see that. Once the others have gathered close enough, she flaps her prehistoric wings, kicking up a cyclone of wind impossibly fast for her size. It takes on a life of it's own, forming a howling barrier between them and the rest of the world. As she leaps off the ground, it moves with her, blowing aside even a mere consideration of gunfire. What bit of lead could stand before the full power and ferocity of a hurricane?

At Kalir's direction, she heads off with the others to face the madman head on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Eye of the Hurricane when people are close enough so as to be in the eye, then flying out the door towards the shooter.

Also, Inb4 someone else suggests it: I briefly considered the fact that I could summon a bunch of Giant Eagles/Owls that could take the shots for us, but what kind of caster does that? Probably some immoral wizard who justifies it with "well, they're not technically dying, so..."
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

At Daun's lead, Camus fly by her side, his eyes trying to find out the shooter.

Whatever the archmage was thinking he was keeping it to himself only. Thing hide deep in his master's robes, feeling th nervosism of the elf through their empathic link.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

@Daun: Nobody has intruded during your quiet time here.

But that means absolutely jack unless you act upon it. Whoever is shooting you and nearly killed Kalir isn't coming down here to meet and greet. Either you find other means to cross Old Halmathan and find Thresher or you take the battle to him.

As is to be expected, it will be the latter. For better or worse.

The Dance of the Unicorn will make sure nobody is affected by the toxic fumes of this forgotten district. Everyone has the means to fly- be it through birth, deep mystical training or the imbibing of some cheap potion. The issue is not getting there.

It's getting there without getting shot down. Kalir will have to be your guide to this shooter and given his range and damage, you need to counteract it with the sheer power of Nature as you warn everyone about what is to transpire and ask them to stay close as possible.

Lowering your head and muttering so me low key tunes to Ehlonna, you unfold your wings abruptly and cause at first a mild breeze to blow in the room. A mild breeze that within less than a second transforms a wide area into a punishing hurricane. Strong enough to send the ceiling that covers you flying off its ruined hinges and with a primal screech, you fly off towards your enemy.

@The Party:
    No time to waste.

Keeping up with Daun is difficult, but not impossible. The gales of wind that buffet around her could tear down this entire place were she not airborne, as faint signs of Beasts below look up at all of you and run away in fear of the gigantic bat engulfed in Nature's Wrath.

Immediately, the shots come in. Burst after deadly burst of gunfire from above. Enough to kill all of you in an instant, except...

They aren't striking you. A few graze Daun's wings here and there, but for the most part, the bullets are being deflected. Even when the shots aren't linear, but spread in a wide radius, the druid is undeterred and flying at a faster speed due to intent, you can all see the enormous clock tower as Daun screeches even louder and rises up on the side of the building, with all of you sometimes even holding on to her talons for a much needed boost.

There is one issue, though: It took Kalir a long time to get from this tower to where you hid, now left wide open due to Daun's winds. Her spell is powerful, but not a lengthy one. By the time all of you fly up to the tower's rooftop, the hurricane force winds turn into a mild breeze before dissipating altogether.

And there he is: the mad man and his giant gun. Kalir mentioned he hurt him good before retreating. The man doesn't look hurt at all as he looks at all of you- or those visible at least- and stands his ground, looking up at you.

"If I had any doubts before, they are now clear. They did send you to clean up their mess. An assassin is an assassin and nothing more. No matter what face they may wear. You will not find me an easy mark. I gave all of you the chance to leave this place and you instead resorted to hunting those below.

Now I will hunt you. Get ready."
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll initiative

Map

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kalir happily accepted the archmage's magics. He grew to the size of an ogre. He swapped out his amulets back to the one from The Barber. He clicked the button on the axe and it grew back into the oversized halberd that matched his enhanced size. Camus' second spell enhanced his skill with the Hunter's Halberd.

The warblade would have preferred to go ahead and engage the sniper while the rest of the group caught up but this time they traveled as a group. Once the tower was in sight he turned invisible and briefly pushed his speed to get just ahead and above Daun while still staying in her spell's safety zone. As her wind spell faded he gained a bit more height. Attempts to negotiate failed. He was helping hide the woman and had to be stopped. What other tricks did he have now that he was outnumbered? Perhaps he had allies? The raptoran would have to keep aware.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Invisible
    Spells:
    - Enlarge
    - Heroism: Exotic Weapons Prof - Hunter Halberd

Initiative: (1d20+7)[27]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: Time for a rematch.

Last time you fought against this mad man, he sent you flying away. Badly hurt, in body and ego alike. This time, however, you have the upper hand- numbers. That and Magic, as has been said many times before, the answer to everything.

And although you may be as big as ogre. Unseen and deadly proficient with the Hunter's Axe and with some of Halmathan's most powerful casters and its finest Helguard...

This lone man doesn't seem the least concerned about it. Normally, anyone faced with opposition such as the one you represent right now would be on their knees pleading for their life or running away.

Not him. Whatever he may say, a lie. A psychopath that takes glee in shooting down any who walk here. He has the elf's cousin...and Thresher.

And both are coming back home tonight.

Round 1

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Kalir
    Ilven
    Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-06-17 at 09:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1086

The hunter had clearly stated his intentions. He was actively blocking the rescue. Time to end him unless he relented.

From up high Kalir invisibly dove down and ravaged the hunter with the halberd, ending with a sweep.

"Last time. We're only here to rescue someone. We are only fighting because you are preventing that. Stand down, help us, and you can keep the residents safe. Otherwise you fail your task and those below."

Show
    Diving Attack with Pouncing Charge to G5/H6, still 5' up (closest three dimensional spot).

EDIT: I have Charge in there twice, -2 on each of the atttacks. So, attack rolls of 35, 36, 20, and 30.

Halberd1: (1d20+27)[37] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +2 charge, +7 str, +1 weapon, +2 charge, +2 invis) vs flat-footed and no dex bonus (invis attacker)
    damage: (2d8+19)[34] (+10 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision, +3 Battle Cunning), then damage doubled (raptoran dive)

Halberd2: (1d20+20)[38] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +2 charge, +7 str, +1 weapon, +2 charge, -5 iterative) vs flat-footed
    damage: (2d8+19)[29] (+10 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision, +3 Battle Cunning)

Trip attack (1d20+15)[22] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +2 charge, +7 str, +1 weapon, +2 charge, -10 iterative) Touch vs flat-footed
    On hit, trip attempt STR check: (1d20+20)[28] (+7str, +5 belt, +4 imp trip feat, +4 size)

On trip, Imp Trip attack:
    Halberd3: (1d20+15)[32] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +2 charge, +7 str, +1 weapon, +2 charge, -10 iterative) vs flat-footed, prone
    damage: (2d8+19)[29] (+10 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision, +3 Battle Cunning)

On failed trip, will not drop weapon. I get an extra +3 to resist Trip from Battle Skill. If he trips me then use Back On Your Feat skill trick as an immediate to get right back up without AoO. STR check: (1d20+19)[22] (+7str, +5 belt, +3 Battle Skill, +4 size)

Will use Wall of Blades on his attack. Does he have both weapons out?

Spoiler: Status
    Show

+5 STR checks (belt)
    +4 saves vs fear (belt)
    Immune to blinded or dazzled
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Blind Fight
    Blur: 20% concealment (cloak)
    Invisible
    Spells:
    - Enlarge

Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncanny Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncanny Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

HP: 224/224
    DR 3/- (15 of 30 used)
    AC: 17 Touch: 10 FF: 14 (Charge)

Last edited by Cavir; 2019-06-18 at 10:10 AM.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That really was an extremely large gun.

Pitiful, really, that this madman needed the crutch of technology to prop up his clearly inferior skills.
    Why, anyone could just grab that monstrosity and lay waste to the city below.
    But to be able to control it enough to only kill those he wanted.... well, maybe the hunter wasn't entirely devoid of talent.

"Nobody has to die here, not even those below," Ilven says, words undermined by Kalir's brutally effective strikes. He sends a quick flurry of arrows at the hunter as he speaks. The sniper had spent long enough filling them all with holes that he wasn't about to pass up a chance to return the favor, even if he wasn't shooting to necessarily kill.
    "All you have to do is stand down."

Show

Actions:
    1.) free action, boots of haste 5/10
    2.) swift action, eternal training (+4 insight bonus to attack and damage vs. the sniper)
    3.) knowledge devotion (local, as the shooter appears humanoid) (1d20+18)[33] EDIT: = +4 bonus
    4.) full attack
    Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

Please hold for knowledge devotion done

Attack haste: (1d20+30)[37] = 41
    Crit confirm: (1d20+34)[47]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[14] + (1d6)[6] NL + (1d6)[1] acid = 24 NL + 1 acid

Attack 1: (1d20+30)[44] = 48
    Crit confirm: (1d20+34)[37]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[20] + (1d6)[5] NL + (1d6)[2] acid = 29 NL + 2 acid

Attack 2: (1d20+25)[35] = 39
    Crit confirm: (1d20+29)[38]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[18] + (1d6)[2] NL + (1d6)[6] acid =24 NL + 6 acid

Attack 3: (1d20+20)[27] = 31
    Crit confirm: (1d20+24)[40]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[16] + (1d6)[4] NL + (1d6)[1] acid = 24 NL + 1 acid

Spoiler: Math
    Show

Attack: 14base+6dex+1magic+1pbs+2bracers+1wf+x knowledge devotion+4et +1 Haste= 30+x

Damage: 1magic+1bracers+1pbs+6dex+xkdev+4et= 1d8+1d6+13+x Nonlethal+ 1d6 acid.

Status is the same as in OoC, save boots of haste 5/10 and et 1/2
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2019-06-18 at 09:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: Calling this man an "obstacle" is a matter of perspective.

You have scouted this area before. You know that Old Halmathan does not end at this clock tower. You know there is a building past it and you could have easily flown below this man's sight with the aid of your ring. The others would have found a way to do so as well and he and his gun would be an obstacle no longer...

Unless of course, he was an obstacle to your raptoran pride. Having given you a hearty beating last time when you attacked him in the most chivalric manner possible requires bloody retribution and like a true Royal Guard, what better way to best a man in his house than bringing all your friends and strong arming your way in? Words are nice and all- and very effective, mind you- but they tend to lose any diplomatic oomph when they are swiftly followed by the swings of a halberd.

The Hunter's Axe strikes true, but the man barely flinches as you swoop down like an unseen Angel of Death, seemingly anticipating your attack and even putting his foot down on the blade, almost tripping you back as he stands his ground.

"A trick once used upon me has no effect a second time. Nobody here asked to be rescued. You, just like them before, came here to finish His dirty work. I will not bow down to your demands. Vile and tainted. You seek to finish me off? You are welcome to try:

You won't be the first."

@Ilven: Technology is for losers.

Who would rely upon such petty contraptions? Nobodies like him, that's who. Nothing beats a bow and arrow, old fashioned style. And just like Kalir, you show the rest in your group why you are militia and not a diplomat.

Honeyed words followed by a hail of arrows does not work. Even if you are aiming to put him down alive- something the raptoran is definitely not aiming to do- your shots don't seem to faze him. Not much at all. Whoever this man is, he is strong. His garments may not be as polished and expensive or ostentatious as yours and those in your company, but he does not seem hurt much by your arrows. Never mind the acid itself, which barely burns on his body as he locks eyes with you.

"The words of a murderer never held any weight."

@Kalir: The man looks up at you, hovering a few feet off the ground and with his blood on your blade as that lethal weapon on his right hand begins emitting steam, whistling in a cacophony around him as he lowers his head, allowing his features to be covered in the shadow of his grey hat.

"Tell your Master in Hell where he rightfully burns that this is his playground no longer!"

The man takes a quick step back and then sprints towards you, zig zagging the short distance between you and the halberd. Despite his frame, he is nimble enough to actually perform an acrobatic leap towards you as that brutal weapon plunges deep into your chest, causing fiery tongues to dance around your body as he lands right before you nearly kneeling and quickly stands up, gripping that metallic contraption married to his right hand as steam and raptoran blood intermingle at its bladed tip.

Spoiler: Stake Driver Leap Attack Crit
    Show
    138 piercing damage plus 3 fire damage

The strength this man has is unbelievable. You have seen other members of the Royal Guard attempt similar feats, with destructive results. But they always trained on dummies, never amongst themselves or on civilians. Anyone else in the group right now would be dead. You?

Even the man's eyes widen for a second beneath his hat as you remain alive. Terribly hurt, but alive.

Map

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven
    Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

"Believe or not, we're not here to fight but to look for a missing elf. You call us murderers, but you drew first blood. You forced us to fight our way in Old Hamalthan when we could easily have just exchanged words instead of shots. I can see you defend and protect those below and act as a guardian of sorts and I can sympathize with that".

The archmage hover in the air and continue talking instead of chanting spells and wracking havoc, "I can sympathize because I'm a guardian of sorts as well. This missing girl I'm looking for is my blood and despite not wanting to fight, I will if you keep attacking us: every second we waste fighting you is one less for us to save her. So delaying and thwarting us is more likely to just have more people dead: either Kaylin, you, us or the beasts below".

"You can end this conflict that you started the moment you start shooting us or you can keep fight an unnecessary fight: it is the last time I'll try to reason with you. But know this: if you dont stand aside we'll kill you and will probably fight our way through this damned town killing right and left if need be to find her. I know these beasts were once like us and I'm trying to figure out what is this curse or disease that turn men into murderous beasts so that I can revert them back to normal. Stop this madness and talk with us. You do that and we'll leave this place".

The archmage draw his pocketwatch and look at the beast in his eyes, "You have six seconds to cease fire", he close the timepiece and chant a word in draconic.

Spoiler: Haste
    Show
    Casting Haste on allies.

"And time is ticking faster".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

@Camus: Taking this lone man down should be extremely easy.

After all, you are an Archmage. Magic is at your beck and call. Even if he cannot see it- or the others in the team for that matter- you weave the intricate Transmutation that will allow everyone to be an invincible killing machine.

And still unseen, you let this mad man know your motives. His own as well... and the dire repercussions. The man does not even look up to the direction of your voice once he's done impaling Kalir with enough force to kill you outright and tightens the grip on his weapon.

"For a 'voice of reason', you lack all manner of hindsight.

Old Halmathan has been locked up for years. I even wrote a warning on the door. And what did you do? You burst in, masters of everything. I gave you a verbal warning. You did not listen. You and the other assassins in your company have disturbed those here by your mere presence and so, resorted to what you do best:

You killed them. Like all Hunters are wont to do. But not anymore. You say you guard these killers... yet your leash on them is thin or you have gone mad enough to realize you never had one on them in the first place. This conflict will end, make no mistake about that. I may live here surrounded by Beasts, but in the end, those filled with bloodlust are not the ones who dwell here."

Map

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven
    Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun

11. - Top - End - #1091

Kalir shifted his position in the air and his posture to deflect the incoming strike. He words came rapid but still Diamond Mind calm.

"Who exactly is this master you think we work for? The Crow and I fought once then found we were on the same side. We then fought together to protect the city. No need for anyone up here or anyone else down below to die. Stand down. We're here for the woman."

Show
    Wall of Blades since I had declared it. Hopefully the hunter didn't have a Nat20 [roil]1d20+23[/roll] DC ?

Is he showing signs of using the Sublime Way? Martial Lore [roil]1d20+8[/roll]

From OOC:
    Wall of Blades (1d20+23)[24] Nat1
    Martial Lore (1d20+8)[14]
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-06-19 at 05:59 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

With a screech, Daun flew around the gargoyles on the sides of the rooftop, around behind Kalir. She winces, sensing the huge hole the man just dug into her companion's chest. She shelters him for a moment with her enormous wingspan, as a golden light radiates from within. When it's gone and her wings are pulled back, it's as if the deadly blow never happened.

"Hey, maybe don't get hit like that again?" She screeches in his direction as she starts to back away, looking for a better way to help, now that her healing was basically done for the day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to H3|H4|I3|I4 and casting Heal on Kalir, restoring 140 HP, plus lots of other good side affects that I don't think matter right now.

78/156 HP
    AC: 24

Conditions:

Being a Direbat
    Haste
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: Despite your immediate reflexes and impeccable training...

The bastard leaps right in your face and drives that deadly stake way too close to your heart. He hasn't demonstrated martial training like the one you and Ilven possess, though. That last technique is common use with warriors who wish to maximize their strength with a single leap. Works best with a two handed weapon, but in his case, a one handed is more than enough to nearly kill you.

If he has any actual martial training, he has yet to show it.

As for your words, the man draws a scowl across his face.

"Hunters are Hunters. Nothing more. You and I have nothing left to discuss, assassin. You and your vile agendas will poison this place no further!"

@Daun: That looks painful.

Kalir is your heavy hitter here. This man is clearly insane. The Crow, some within your company may argue, is too. But at least she did stand down to parley with the raptoran in a similar situation, becoming a reliant ally later on. This man, whatever history he may have with this place, has cemented his mind on one idea only and course of action.

In hindsight, not too different from yours and those that fight with you.

And because you can fly, you do just that and flap your leathery wings to gain a boost of speed, placing a talon on Kalir's red hot shoulder as rose petals wash down over the warrior, nullifying any pain he may have received a few seconds ago as the man clenches his fist and looks up at you, but says nothing as he watches the hole on Kalir's chest close imemdiately.

Map

Round 2

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven

Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun

14. - Top - End - #1094

Kalir shifts his position slightly higher and just over the hunter. Camus' spell has increased the warblade's already rapid rate of attacks and enhanced the blur affect around him.

He stabs down at the hunter. "I take no pleasure in taking you down." He slashes at the hunter from left to right. "I hope without you targeting us we can find the woman without killing any more below." He slashes from right to left. "Tell me, are you so afraid of saying the name of the one you claim we are working for? " He thrusts downward once again.

Show
    5' move up and south, ending 10' up from the roof at H6/I7. Full attack.

Halberd-haste: (1d20+22)[35] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +7 str, +1 weapon, +1 haste)
    damage: (2d8+15)[23] (+9 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision)

Halberd1: (1d20+22)[37] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +7 str, +1 weapon, +1 haste)
    damage: (2d8+15)[26] (+9 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision)

Halberd2: (1d20+17)[18] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +7 str, +1 weapon, +1 haste, -5 iterative)
    damage: (2d8+15)[19] (+9 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision)

Halberd3: (1d20+12)[16] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +7 str, +1 weapon, +1 haste, -10 iterative)
    damage: (2d8+15)[25] (+9 str, +1 weapon, +5 collision)

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    +5 STR checks
    +4 saves vs fear
    Immune to blinded or dazzled
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Blind Fight
    Blur: 20% concealment (cloak)
    Spells:
    - Enlarge

Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncanny Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncanny Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

HP: 224/224
    DR 3/- (18 of 30 used)
    AC: 20 Touch: 13 FF: 17 (haste)

Damage:
    Healed by Daun

Show

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The words of a murderer never held any weight. Ilven couldn't have put the sentiment better himself as the sniper uses his second bizarre weapon to shred the raptoran. Whatever pretty words about bloodlust and leaving Old Halmathan in peace...that didn't matter when one opened negotiations with a massive gun.

"Yes, we came in here and didn't lie down and let the residents have a free four course meal. We didn't seek out fights, we defended ourselves. And, when we left, you should have seen many of those we took down get right back up." Unless he'd inadvertently killed them, or the beasts were keen on eating their own, or any of a thousand other scenarios. "We don't kill when we can avoid it. Help us avoid it." The last exasperated attempt at diplomacy is punctuated by yet more arrows whistling through Daun's fresh air.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Actions:

1.) swift action,guided strike (Attacks by Ilven should overcome the sniper's DR this turn)
    2.) full attack

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

EDIT: Not going to bother to fix the acid rolls, since they were mostly just for completeness.

Attack haste: (1d20+34)[51]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+38)[56]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[18]+ (1d6)[1] NL + [roll ]1d6[/roll] acid EDIT: this is a typo, should be +17, for a total of 23 nonlethal

Attack 1: (1d20+34)[52]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+38)[50]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[18]+ (1d6)[5] NL + [roll ]1d6[/roll] acid

Attack 2: (1d20+29)[45]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+33)[40]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[24]+ (1d6)[1] NL + [roll ]1d6[/roll] acid

Attack 3: (1d20+24)[43]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+28)[32]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[24]+ (1d6)[6] NL + [roll ]1d6[/roll] acid

Spoiler: MATH
    Show

Attack: 14base+6dex+1magic+1pbs+2bracers+1wf+x knowledge devotion+4et +1 Haste= 30+x

Damage: 1magic+1bracers+1pbs+6dex+xkdev+4et= 1d8+1d6+13+4 Nonlethal+ 1d6 acid.

Status is the same as in OoC, save boots of haste 5/10 and et 1/2, plus haste from Camus
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2019-06-19 at 11:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

@Ilven: He shot first.

True, you may have wandered in here. That is undeniable. Did you heed his words? No, but why should you? You are a member of the Helguard and this is a rescue mission... according to Camus. Whatever he may accuse you of. Whatever his claims may be- they are moot at this point. This man shot all of you down repeatedly when you walked the streets of this accursed district, fending off its beastly residents.

The arrows keep flying and strike the man unerringly true to your rank and status, of historic weight. He is hurt, but isn't going down. A tough man living alone in a place like this? Who knows what manner of training he had prior to living here like a hermit, as he grits through the pain from your arrows and keeps focused on Kalir.

"You do not get to lecture me on morals, Arrow of God... what a sick joke of a name."

@Kalir: You got this one in the bag.

For all his destructive power, this man will never be able to best you. Not while you have Daun's life giving magic at your beck and call, a force none other can surpass.

And this goes double for Camus, who has not only given you the size and strength of a titan, but the speed of a god, as you rise a few feet away from the mad man's reach and lift the Hunter's Axe, well aware that words will get you nowhere with him, only a swift death. Whether your words are true about gaining any satisfaction from it or not... are for the jury to decide.

And then... he surprises you.

The instant you heft the halberd to strike, the man keens his eyes and in an incredible display of speed and reflexes, draws his blunderbuss and shoots you right in the chest. A precise shot like one suffered in an earlier confrontation with him. Unlike the last time, though, this shot was fired as an immediate response to your attack.

However, this shot carries another effect on it. He times the shot to connect the very instant you swung at him. Somehow, the impact alone is enough to give your entire body pause. Deadly pause.

Spoiler: Gun Parry
    Show

14 piercing damage plus Fortitude DC 26 or drop to the ground and become stunned for 1 round.

Map

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven
    Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-06-20 at 07:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Every hunter had their surprises. The speed of this hunter drawing his blunderbuss and firing was impressive. While looking downward at the hunter Kalir rotated his airborne body horizontally to avoid the worst of the shot while working to continue his attacks. Kord would see him through this! He had seen many surprises in both Kord's temple pit fights, his fellow Royal Guard, and at the hands of mentor Zanthar.

Show
    Fort DC 26 (1d20+17)[25] (+2 from 1/dayTrue Believer)

Weird- mythweavers wasn't adding my CON bonus to Fort. Had to update the Ability Mod field manually.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: What has this man done to you?

Luck is not on your side in this battle. Even your religious ties to Kord are unable to avert the worst as the Hunter's Axe drops first on the ground, followed by your body, as it lands on its knees in front of the gunner who takes a single step forward and his eyes lock on to you as his hand, married to that brutal contraption drive straight into your chest and you can already feel the burning sensation inside.

Unlike the last time he used this attack, he is actually targeting a vital spot in your body. A sight not unlike what you witnessed so many nights ago on the foggy streets of Halmathan when the Crow brought down a seemingly innocent civilian.

You also saw the Crow do this to the Barber, back when he was a giant. The assassin pleaded for his life seconds before, but to no avail. And this time, it is no different, as your innards are pulled out by his hand and in a most violent display, Daun becomes drenched with your blood as this one splatters her all over and the man himself gets doused in it as well, while flames course through your body.

Spoiler: Visceral
    Show
    35 piercing damage plus 1 fire damage plus 63 SA damage

Despite your bigger size, the power of this one attack is enough to send you from being on your knees and collapsing on your back. Prone, incredibly hurt... and alive.

He has taken damage. Would have taken more had you been able to hurt him with the Hunter's Axe, but as pain courses through your body and the man stands over you, covered in blood from head to toe, your body still refuses to move.

You may be alive, but currently, at his mercy.

Map

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven
    Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Bat-Daun shrieks out in horror as she's sprayed with Kalir's innards. Or maybe she is just trying to see. Impossible to tell. Either way, she chants to Ehlonna a deep ancient prayer of sanctity of the earth itself. As she does so, a portal to the plane of Earth itself opens on the roof of the building. Three claws, perhaps one too many, begin to pull themselves up out of the ground, heeding her call.

"Help is coming."

Spoiler
    Show
    Consuming Control Weather to cast Summon Nature's Ally VII (Elder Xorn) in I9|J9|I10|J10
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

"Would a sign or a warning stop you from protecting those you care about though? You can be hellbent in protecting the inhabitants of Old Hamalthan, but so am I in finding Kaylin. If you think its unfair for us to tresspass and defend ourselves then remember every second we spend with you is one less for us to save her, so you're indirect dooming her".

Seeing that the hunter managed to put Kalir at his mercy, the invisible archmage fly behind the enlarged Kalir and touch his winged back.

"I hoped this all could be avoided. So be it. Just remember you wanted this to end this way", he says and close his eyes for a brief moment as in prayer, "I wish Kalir is unharmed and back to fighting shape".

Spoiler: Limited Wish
    Show
    Heal 140 hp and remove many conditions, including Stun.

"Sadly this guy is more beast than man so reasoning with him will only get us killed. Finish him off quickly! Maybe the other hunter prove to be more reasonable".

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

@Daun: That's a lot of blood.

You could resort to your druidic touch to keep Kalir alive, but this man's damage output would far outweigh anything you can do now to soothe his wounds. Soaked in raptoran innards, you watch the Royal Guard drop to the ground and immediately begin chanting in ancient druidic, calling forth one of the most aloof yet formidable champions of the Inner Planes, so far away from this reality. Camus called one earlier and worked great...

Time to show him what a druid can do when Nature is beset upon her hands.

@Camus: This man has dug his own grave.

In the end, it comes down to Power. You have it, he does not. Kaylin notwithstanding, what drives a man of such high Academia like yourself in the end can be summarized in the most basic instinct:

Revenge.

Who shoots you and gets away with it? Your words are utterly ignored as you fly unseen and cowardly like below towards Kalir and call the power of Reality itself to bend to your will. This is not something to be done lightly, though- the strain on your mind is too much as you place your hand on Kalir's red hot forehead and emulate the power of the High Priests and Druids of Halmathan, washing away the raptoran's pain once more and enabling him to keep fighting.

But will it be enough? Hurt as this man may be... he doesn't seem to be going down.

Round 3

Map

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven

Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun

22. - Top - End - #1102

Many battles had their back and forth. The raptoran's health had been going up and down significantly in a matter of seconds. Although on the ground facing the enemy this was something he had trained for. It was time to take control of the fight. Acrobatically he leaps back up to his feet resulting in a low stance. He glances down at the halberd underneath himself then back at the hunter realizing the mistake of leaving his weapon behind. His eyes start to shift back down to the weapon but instead of reaching for it Kalir thrusts his spiked gauntlet at a critical point in the side of the hunter's rib cage. The way of the Diamond Mind guides him for as critical a strike as he had just faced.

Show
    Move: Stand up with Tumble (1d20+21)[26] (DC 15?)
    Swift: Activate amulet for touch attack (2nd use of 3)
    Standard: Greater Insightful Strike (damage is 2x Conc check without any other modifiers)

Spiked Gauntlet (1d20+22)[37] (+14 BAB, -1 size, +7 str, +1 weapon, +1 haste) Touch AC
    damage: (2d20+38)[73]
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Then what's that make you, the Devil's Bullet?" Ilven replies, turning around the naming convention on the shooter. Kalir's strike had surely left him clinging to the last threads of consciousness as he surely clung to humanity in the city of beasts. No matter how tough he was.

This would be the time to bring out the rapier and run him through as with Baalzebub's dog. But it was hardly proper to mingle human blood with the stains of that abomination. Arrows instead.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Hey AlanBruce, any way you could return to posting screenshots of the maps?

Actions:
    1.) swift action, guided strike (Ilven’s attacks ignore DR this time)
    2.) full attack

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Attack haste: (1d20+34)[51]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+38)[41]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[25] + (1d6)[2] NL + (1d6)[4]acid[/roll]

Attack 1: (1d20+34)[43]
    Crit confirm (1d20+38)[47]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[19] + (1d6)[2] NL + (1d6)[6] acid

Attack 2: (1d20+29)[49]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+33)[34]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[24] + (1d6)[1] NL + (1d6)[1] acid

Edit: if a natural one can confirm (unsure, actually), that’s +40 NL, as rolled in OoC

Attack 3: (1d20+24)[30]
    Crit confirm (1d20+28)[30]
    Damage: (1d8+17)[21] + (1d6)[6] NL + (1d6)[5] acid

Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2019-06-21 at 10:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir & Ilven: Be it a through strike to his ribcage or another hail of deadly arrows...

Blood spills from this madman as his knees finally begin to falter, if only for a few seconds. There is so much punishment one man can take from a combined effort such as yours after all. A hint of despair shows on the mad man's face as he coughs some more blood and looks around at all of you, spitting a bloody hack on the ground and composing himself to the matter at hand.

You got him, alright. He's afraid. Afraid of you. He is going to die now. You will win... and isn't that all that matters in the end?

@Daun: Another few seconds, and you will have a real monster here on the rooftop. More punishment for this defiant fool who thought to...

And then the man looks beyond Kalir and up at you, not too far off the ground and bends his knees just a tad before sprinting towards Kalir and using the giant's size to his advantage- a springboard.

This man has demonstrated before to be quite nimble despite his size and it shows, as the raptoran tries to swing at him mid air, but to no avail, as the gunner uses the Royal Guard's shoulder as a pad to propel himself straight at you, driving that menacing weapon right into your chest before he kicks you in the face and somersaults right behind Kalir and next to an unseen Camus.

Spoiler: Leap Attack
    Show
    64 piercing damage plus 4 fire damage. Make a concentration check to maintain the Summon Spell equal to damage dealt or lose it.

Getting hit by that thing really hurts, but that isn't the most unnerving thing as the man strikes you and lands a few feet below next to to the archmage.

@Camus: For a man in his last legs, he sure doesn't know when to give up, but...

That feeling. Him being right next to you, covered in his blood and those of his enemies. His eye locking on to you, despite being unseen and that uncomfortable, threatening feel.

Not unlike the Olidammaran with the Hammer.

Map

Show
    Kalir
    Ilven
    Djura, the Old Hunter
    Camus
    Daun

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Daun braces as the old hunter dives at her -- and just at the last moment she vanishes in a cloud of feathers that pass through his swing. Almost as if dodge into the attack was actually a better way of avoiding it than simply backing away. But that would be silly.

Regardless of how she got there, the trail of feathers extends a few yards, and Daun materializes, safe from harm. "Your reflexes are getting slow old hunter. Almost as slow as your wits. We tried time and again to work with you, but you insisted killing was the only way forward. It seems up here among the fog, that's all you can remember any more. I'm sorry. I hope there's some kind of afterlife where you can rest."

The sentiment may be a bit missed, having come from a giant bat. With another quiet prayer to the Goddess of the Woodlands, she begins summoning once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Shadow Cloak as an immediate to move and avoid the attack.

Unfortunately, I can't see the map from a direct link on this computer. (I used to have one that could for some reason, but it got changed out.) I trust Alan to move Daun somewhere 10 feet away that is out of melee range.

I assume that still breaks my concentration on the spell which is fine by me. (I don't actually know the ruling on this. If somehow it doesn't break the spell and the xorn appears, have him move to where he needs to go and full attack if he can, or just regular attack otherwise. If for some reason that requires a concentration check, please use this one: (1d20+20)[33])

Either way, Daun will use her turn to turn Death Ward into Summon Nature's Ally V, to summon (1d3)[2] unicorns
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Despite his glammer, this beast moved to close to confort for Camus to keep floating idly.

Flying a few feet away, Camus point his index to the old hunter and blast him point blank, aiming at his chest: if they needed to speak with the dead, at least his head wont suffer much.

Spoiler: Blasting Mage
    Show
    Flying 5ft away fron him and above the free fall and Orb of Fiery Fire on him.

RTA (1d20+11)[30] dmg (14d6)[46] fire damage

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: It was a magnificent display of power.

Sadly, the same cannot be said about your decision to go face a so called obstacle that could have in truth be avoided through means easily available to all of you.

In the end, nobody outside the group were aware of this incursion. No higher ups or relatives to catch on quick. Not that your absence wasn’t noticed- of course it was. Even powerful men and women such as yourself have homes, barracks, groves and towers to return to.

But without a lead, where to start? Many in the group may argue “Magic”, but those in the group currently are in no position to argue about such semantics.

In the end, man or woman. Mighty Mage or Feathered Vigilant. By the Arrow of God or Nature’s Wrath...

Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-06-22 at 08:28 PM.