New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: 2019 OOTS Magic Item Calendar, Holiday Ornament, and New T-Shirts!

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Given the lead times for these things (and the fact we're in a holiday period), it might even be the case that a second print run wouldn't produce anything until well into the New Year!
    Oh for sure! I'm just saying I would still buy it at listed cost. I like having an OOTS calendar on my wall.
    Avi by spectralphoenix

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

“Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us, come because actually deserve them? So now I take comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the Universe”
    -Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sprainogre View Post
    Oh for sure! I'm just saying I would still buy it at listed cost. I like having an OOTS calendar on my wall.
    If you can find a few hundred like-minded people who'll guarantee they'll buy the thing then maybe the Giant could do something.

(Could you not just get the PDF one and get it printed out?).

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    If you can find a few hundred like-minded people who'll guarantee they'll buy the thing then maybe the Giant could do something.

(Could you not just get the PDF one and get it printed out?).
    Wouldn't that be great? Rally up all the late shoppers like that! lol

That's the plan right now, PDF and print. Just not sure where to go to get it printed with any sort of size and quality, as well as copyright issues that could be there for the print shop (not that printing a PDF for personal use would be a violation by my understanding of copyright, unless there is some really restrictive license agreement, but the print shop has their own concerns, etc, etc, etc). I've never tried to get a calendar printed from a PDF before, so I might also be over thinking it.
    Avi by spectralphoenix

“Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us, come because actually deserve them? So now I take comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the Universe”
    -Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you live near a Staples store, they usually (at least in my area) will print anything you give them with little or no questions asked. You'll pay a fee for the job, of course, but it shouldn't be too bad.

If they (or anyone) give you issues about copyright, I believe Rich usually has a disclaimer on PDFs that give permission to print them for personal use. One calendar certainly qualifies as "personal use."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo hoo! My calendars just arrived! Thanks, Rich! They look awesome! (Well, from the cursory inspection I gave them. Didn't want to look at the back too carefully, as I don't want to spoil the comics.)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    If you live near a Staples store, they usually (at least in my area) will print anything you give them with little or no questions asked. You'll pay a fee for the job, of course, but it shouldn't be too bad.

If they (or anyone) give you issues about copyright, I believe Rich usually has a disclaimer on PDFs that give permission to print them for personal use. One calendar certainly qualifies as "personal use."
    I'll give a look into Staples, see what their print rates are. Thanks!
    Avi by spectralphoenix

-Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

My calendar arrived today as predicted. Hard to pick a favorite month as they’re all so hilarious.

Peelee’s Lotsey

8. - Top - End - #68

Mine has arrived. The tracker still says it's in Texas (although at the post office, so a small improvement in timeliness).

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Got my calendar too, and I love it! It has joined the others. I keep wanting to take them apart and frame each month but I don't have the heart to do it (plus I'd need two of each calendars if I don't want to miss all the calendar jokes).

I don't actually use them as calendars, so the "Sunday first" hasn't bothered me.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

Am I the only one who didn't understand many of the jokes? I've only played campaigns with homebrew items, so I'm a bit lost.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Mine came just in time... it's a Christmas miracle! Happy holidays everyone!
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.

12. - Top - End - #72

Has anyone managed to translate the runes on the rod Belkar is holding on the cover? I'm certain Rich snuck in some kind of joke there.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Has anyone managed to translate the runes on the rod Belkar is holding on the cover? I'm certain Rich snuck in some kind of joke there.

My tired old eyes can barely even see them, but as a lifelong Dragonlance fan I want to thank Rich heartily for depicting Vaarsuvious holding the Staff of Magius.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Just saw January. Love the rocks with feet! Also, the Kazoo of Enragement!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2019-01-11 at 12:31 PM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for putting the past calendars back up on Gumroad! I know they will probably disappear again though... So the procrastinator inside of me must ask how long will they be up on Gumroad?

16. - Top - End - #76

Through end of January, last year. So probably the same this year.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Colossus in the Playground

Mine's arrived. Is good.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So... since I purchased a calendar back around Thanksgiving, got a shipping confirmation on December 17th which still shows as Pre-Shipment at USPS, and I've not gotten a response from Ookoodook to my inquiries, how concerned should I be?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Concerned enough to contact Ookoodook about it, I'd say. I'd start with the Contact link on their website, and if that gets no response, try PMing ApeGamer here at the Playground.

So how's everybody liking February? Belkar wanting new and exciting types of bacon was not at all surprising. I loved Nale's plans for the mirror! Just wonderful!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

So I just returned from a long sabbatical away from internet access, and went to try and buy the digital PDF Calendars from Gumroad, but all the Calendars are no longer on Gumroad. Are they coming back, or did I just miss out?
    "Remember, paladin: Anger leads to hate, hate leads to...fear? Or is it suffering? I can never remember how this goes."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kayvaan View Post
    So I just returned from a long sabbatical away from internet access, and went to try and buy the digital PDF Calendars from Gumroad, but all the Calendars are no longer on Gumroad. Are they coming back, or did I just miss out?
    IIRC, that happened last year too. Next winter when the new calendar goes up there's a very high chance a digital bundle of all old calendars will also go up.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

March. A new month. And new information! The Creature in the Darkness has a waist! Quick! To the MitD thread! The Wylie Coyote reference was fun.

Anyone else scrupulously avoiding looking at future months? Or is it just me?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    No, I too do that. I consider buying the calendar the equivalent of paying for an extra strip per month.

Unfortunately, months like this one tend to be spoiled for me in advance by people who did immediately rush to the MitD thread to let me know about the joke.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    A lot of people seem to do that. I'm the opposite: I looked at all the months when I got the calendar, then I put it away on my bookshelf with the other ones.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    A lot of people seem to do that. I'm the opposite: I looked at all the months when I got the calendar, then I put it away on my bookshelf with the other ones.
    Seconded. Except, after the first physical calendar that I got and never actually used, I just get the digital versions now. Let someone else who'll actually use it get the hard copy instead.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Seconded. Except, after the first physical calendar that I got and never actually used, I just get the digital versions now. Let someone else who'll actually use it get the hard copy instead.
    Probably smart, but I have this idea that someday I will take the different illustrations and frame them. It's up for debate if I ever will.
    I do buy the digital version too, though.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    I'm the opposite: I looked at all the months when I got the calendar, then I put it away on my bookshelf with the other ones.
    Same here, except I hang it on the wall in my room. (The calendar, not the bookshelf; I don't have bookshelves.)
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas