New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Orleans by Night CtL

Spoiler
    Show
    Reggy doesn't have the stats for that. nm about the theft then

Reggy made his way to the bathroom, while he looked for a 'out of order' sign he loudly cleared his throat and said 'I'm sorry gentlemen, I must ask you to leave, the toilets require an emergency clean. I apologies for the inconvenience.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Why thank you," Lady Ezmerelda says politely, though she takes the seat as if she were being forced to place her rump on wet dog feces. She takes a moment to adjust her tiara, then fixes both Tom and Songbird with a stern glare and says, "You both need to stop what you are doing. I don't know what you think you are investigating, but you are clearly uneducated on the matter. You will only get yourselves and the ones you love into trouble." The Queen's voice is practically a whisper, though somehow it is clear above the din of the restaurant. Her words are like icicles pulling a chill like lighting up and down your spines.

Reggy gets a few odd looks from the young man urinating at one of the stalls. But he finishes up quickly and leaves without washing his hands. Reggie is left alone in the small white tiled bathroom.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #843
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird went silent when the Queen of Winter mentioned the trouble that the Motley was in, unsure of what to say.

"You're right that we're uneducated on this whole issue, but-... Well, it's kind of hard to get educated on it when nobody's allowed to talk about it-... When everyone's too scared to talk about it." The avian changeling responded softly to the Queen's whisper, still keeping a slight smile. "So, maybe you'd be kind enough to educate us some?"
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2020-03-30 at 07:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Queen fixes Songbird with a glare that is so cold that he can actually feel the tips of his feathers collect ice crystals. "Or perhaps you should ask yourself if there is a reason nobody talks about it." she says sharply, her words a warning if not a threat.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am so sorry for the delay in posting. I'm back to working in the hospital and had to spend a lot of time yesterday getting on top of everything. I expect my post rate should be better starting today.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-03-31 at 07:30 AM.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy smiled quietly, that was the easy part. Stopping only to put the 'Out of Order' sign up Reggy hurried back to his table. He had thought himself in control until he saw the Ice Queen again, and involuntarily swallowed. He was filled with the knowledge he could turn away at any moment, and that desire intensified with every step until finally he forced himself to sit down.
    He plastered on his best idiot grin and asked, a fraction too loudly 'What are we talking about? Or not talking about? Or talking about not talking about?' He finally tried his meal, and found himself mournful he had let it go cold. After swallowing he went on at a quieter volume 'A pleasure as always, your majesty.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2020-04-02 at 08:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

The words of ominous warning were enough to cause a low, rumbling growl to begin from deep inside the Ogre’s massive chest. He leaned forward in his chair as it creaked beneath his weight.

”If innocent children are being abducted, then perhaps we should be asking questions. Prance around and play at nobility all you like. If your power is built on the suffering of others, you are no better than the Gentry.” Tom said with a slow and menacing tone in his voice. ”Do you prey upon those weaker than you to keep yourself safe?”
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-04-02 at 12:21 AM.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy looked at his friend in alarm. In equal parts he wanted to hug his friend, and slap him. He glanced to the queen and spoke quickly, hoping to forestall her eruption 'As you can see, your majesty, we have stumbled over a hornet's nest. As outsiders, not seeing the whole picture, it seems a monstrous nest, a child eating nest. But I grant what you say, we do not know, we perceive only the edges.
    'However, if I might ask you a question in turn Highness; Imagine you did as we have, and stumbled over a conspiracy of powers far beyond you. You have made yourself a target simply by knowing a tiny amount of information. It is only a matter of time before you are swatted like a fly. You want to come in from the cold, that is to say, you have no intention of being a threat to them and do not want to be swatted like a fly, you want to return to your old life. However, you don't know who leads this conspiracy, or who even is a member with a few rare exceptions. So then, Highness, what do you do? How do you communicate you intend to be no threat, to whom to you communicate? More to the point, how do you find those things out without investigating further?'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2020-04-02 at 08:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    My apologies everyone for the delay. For those who don't know, I've been pulled from my regular duties to help cover the intensive care unit at my hospital. 12 hour shifts with patients very sick, and it's affecting my post rate a little. But I'm through my shift, and am posting now! I'll be working through Wednesday, so my post rate may be a little funny.

Queen Ezmereldan offers Reggie a mirthful smile when she first sits down, but the courteous facade evaporates as he and Big Tom continue. Her face hardens into a mask of frozen malice. She does not interrupt Reggie, but when he finishes she says, "Perhaps you were simply not meant to know. Perhaps there are certain responsibilities... certain horrors that those who do know have chosen to take for your own benefit. Perhaps you were meant to enjoy the sweet embrace of ignorance."

The Queen's words are punctuated by a sudden explosion. The glass vase on the table shatters, shards of glass popping outwards as the table becomes drenched in water. The Winter Queen barely flinches as the commotion caused by her powerful Mantle. But after a beat, a mirthful grin spreads across her face, and she says, "Or perhaps I've said too much."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy grit his teeth, the powerful never listen unless you make it about them, and even then you often had to force them 'Highness, we want to come in from the cold. We don't want to know anymore, or investigate anymore, or alarm anyone else. Obviously we cannot un-know what we know, but we are willing to be bound by contract to remain quiet. In return we require certain assurances regarding our present and future safety. We don't know who to call to set up a meeting to discuss that, you do. It would be both in our interest and yours to see this put to bed, and I imagine it would make you look good, to be seen as the one who brought us in.'
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Queen raises an eyebrow, looking at the three Changelings before her and asks, "Is this how you all feel?"

(OOC: A lie will require a Manipulation + Subterfute roll)
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom's face was as hard as the black metal and ice that made up his mind, posture rigid and unyielding like a glacier. But his heart glowed with the furnace-like heat of the Summer Court.

He appreciated Reggy's way with words, but unless his friend was being deceitful to the Queen of Winter, they would be having words later.

Tom had no intention of dropping their investigation. There were innocent children being swept away by forces they had no control of. And the Queens words only made it worse. For was not dispassionate distance and the rhetoric about taking on the burden of this distasteful task worse than outright malice?

It reminded Tom far too much of his time as the Black Knight. Soullessly hunting and killing...

But now was not the time for a direct confrontation. So, with a grimace of distaste, Tom simply loomed. This was troubling. He would not allow himself to be bound by a Contract to drop this....

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy paused, a glance to Tom 'I speak for the majority of the group, the rest will go along with the decision of the majority.'

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Manipulation + Subterfuge
    3+1
    (4d10)[3][4][9][7](23)
    10again

(4d10)[5][4][2][5](16)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Queen raises an eyebrow at Reggie's answer. "Very well," she says flatly, "then let us continue this conversation in a more private location. Perhaps we can meet again later tonight? We can meet at the gazebo in Audubon Park at say 8PM."

She was referring to one of the largest parks in New Orleans. Taking up a massive section of the Western Garden District, the park was a massive stretch of gardens and ponds lined with crepe myrtle trees and weeping willows, and was well known by all citizens of New Orleans.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird seemed to be ready to speak in reply to the Winter Queen's rhetorical question, but Reggy's return to the table silenced him. He remained mostly silent as the three others talked, but found himself puzzled by Reggy's words. Was this how he really felt? Was he just trying to trick her somehow? The avian changeling tried to remain straight faced, not letting any of his doubts show. Reggy made his play and the Queen made her offer to speak later in the Audubon Park, before Songbird spoke again.

"Yeah, sure. We'll meet. We'll try to find some peace." That was all he could say, not wanting to interfere with any of Reggy's plans and manipulations, even wracked with doubt as he was. "One thing, though. Do you-... Is Imere in your custody?"
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2020-04-05 at 08:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Songbird's question seems to warm Ezmerelda's cold mask, and she grins slightly as she replies, "In a sense. I'll make sure that Imere joins us when we meet tonight. How does that sound?" The Queen rises from her seat, her cold beauty drawing the attention of many of the nearby patrons. Just before she turns away from the table, The Winter Queen leans forward and offers, "I recommend leaving my friend Marv alone. He's a doll really, but if you cross him... well let's just say that you wouldn't want to do that." With her royal advice handed down to the motley, Queen Ezmerelda turns from the table and saunters out of the restaurant, waiters parting for her like courtiers.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom remained stoic and grim during the remainder of the Queen’s diatribe, muscles tense and coiled like a predator ready to lunge. But he made no overly hostile motions, and simply allowed Ezmerelda to depart in silence.

When she was gone, Tom turned to the rest of his Motley.

”If I was not sure about cutting her down before, that she has Imere would be more than enough reason for me to do so.”

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

'Stay your sword Tom.' Reggy hissed, his voice as low as could be 'I was just trying to get rid of her, thinking we might get the drop on her later, but if we can get Imere back...' His brow furrowed 'It's probably a trap, and even if it's not I'm sure they'd bring muscle in case we tried backing out. But it's Imere...' After a frustrated few seconds Reggy huffs and shakes his head 'Think about it later, right now we've got a job to do. Here's the plan; Songbird go to the gents and do your trick on one of the mirrors, then wait there. Tom remains here with me until Songbird texts me to let me know he has done it. Then I go to the kitchen and bring Marv to the bathroom. Tom you follow us, I want you no further than six steps behind by the time I open the bathroom door.
    Then the tricky part, Marv seems a tough customer, but it'll be three on one and we'll have the element of surprise. Once he's subdued I can fix it so no one will miss him until tomorrow, then we all go through the mirror.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2020-04-07 at 08:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Sorry for the delay in posting. I'll give Songbird till tomorrow to reply, then will move things along)
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird sighed when the Queen made her exit, partially in relief and partially out of exasperation. He watched as all of the waiters passed for her, then turned to listen to what Tom and Reggy had to say.

"Uh-... Reggy? Tom? Are you sure it's a good idea, talking about that?" The avian changeling spoke softly, looking around to check if anyone - particularly one of the waiters - seemed to hear the words they uttered behind the Winter Queen's back. "And, well-... Do you think it will work? I mean-... He's sure to be prepared for that."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the delay. Should I roll something to see if anyone seems to have overheard us talking?

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As far as Songbird can tell the restaurant was too loud and busy for anyone to pay them much attention, except maybe the only other changeling in Galatoire's.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom glowered silently for several long moments, before giving a gruff shake of his head.

”Very well. Whenever you are prepared.”

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Songbird looked like he was about to pick himself up and put the plan into motion, but he stops himself at the last minute.

"... Wait, there's something wrong here. What if someone comes in while the mirror's open? I'll open it when you guys come in, be easier than holding it. Sound good?"

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    I'm holding off on responding because I think we are waiting on one of the other players to answer.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy nods 'I suppose it makes no difference, so long as it's as soon as he comes through the door, then together all three of us drag him through it. In that case one amendment, I will come with you first songbird, to put my impostor into play.'

Reggy gets up to join Songbird on his walk to the bathroom.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Yeah, sure-... Hope you know what you're doin'." Songbird started on his way to the bathroom.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Reggy opened his mouth to reply he had largely making it up as he went along since 1910 or there abouts, but Songbird seemed nervous so he kept it to himself. Instead he clapped his new friend on the shoulder 'Is this your first time? You seemed perfectly ready to throw down when we first met.'
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

”Getting him through the mirror should be the least of our issues.” Tom said, shifting slightly as his large muscles strained against his shirt. ”I will ensure he goes through with…minimal force.”

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

'What's important is that's done with minimal noise, lest we blow our meeting with Imere.'
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Going to give Songbird a chance to respond before moving things forward I guess)
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Yeah, I-... I didn't know what I was doin' back then. Still don't, really. I just-..." Songbird shrugged as he walked. "I dunno. Probably best we cut the chatter. Noise and such."
    Last edited by Ohiska; 2020-04-17 at 07:12 AM.