New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Beginner 5E Game [IC]

Yuri nods her thanks to the servant but stays quiet during the meal, and nods her thanks once more at the room, before following Dain in.

"Thank you, Dain," is about all she manages, though he can tell she's been putting on a happy, energetic face until they're alone in the room. Her thanks, despite its sincerity, is colored with just how tired she truly is. It's been a very long day for her, one that started in the hobgoblin camp, and included a long trek on foot to, and through the golem, before all of the shenanigans in town and the briefing with the governor. She falls into the softer bed and closes her eyes, immediately in a trance so deep even Dain might have trouble rousing her. When morning comes, she looks much more rested and energetic.

When she joins the others at breakfast, she chuckles at Dain's declaration of having a good sleep, considering Macil and Aidan's statements about Kelrug.

"He's definitely hiding something about it, though what I'm not sure. The only reason I knew anything about it in the first place was because my mentor had found some writings about it, but she didn't think it actually existed. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes." She pauses for a moment, taking a thoughtful bite of her food, swallowing before she goes on. "We should ask him about it, but privately, I think. There may be something about the golem itself that he doesn't want known, or at least, well-known."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

The servants bustle about around you in the kitchen. As you're talking, you see Governor Fett coming into the room. "Good morning, all of you-I hope you had a restful night."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #573

NinjaGuy

Yuri nods and gives the governor a friendly smile.

"It was quite restful, thank you. I do hope our meeting didn't disturb yours, though, sir."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #574

"Frankly, I'd been looking for an excuse to get Kelrug to leave for a while at that point," he replies. "He's a good man, but perhaps a touch too serious at times."

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #575

NinjaGuy

"He's very concerned about everyone's well-being," Yuri says, nodding, "After what he's seen, and what we've learned, I can't blame him, really."

6. - Top - End - #576

"True-very true," Fett says. "Anyway, please enjoy the breakfast. I'd like to talk to you all about contacting our potential allies within the hour. I'll be in my study whenever you're ready."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Talk amongst yourselves or to the servants as you like, then declare when you're ready to move on.

You don't HAVE to obey the governor, of course-but I'm assuming, based on your characters, that you will.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Sounds like a plan; we'll meet you in your study once we're done here." Dain replies to Fett while peppering some eggs.

Show
    Dain doesnt have much to talk about before meeting Fett, so I'm ready to move on when everyone else is.

8. - Top - End - #578

NinjaGuy

"We'll be sure to find you, sir," Yuri comments taking another bite of her food. She's quite hungry this morning, but is already thinking about how to word the message to Chief Iarn about the possibility of alliance.

9. - Top - End - #579

Macil ate his fill. More, in fact. Even in city life, he was used to not assuming when his next meal would be, and with his new lifestyle, even less was guaranteed.

Show
    Ready to move into the study whenever.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

10. - Top - End - #580

BardGuy

"Do we have any actual plans for today?" Aidan asks, as he rummages through his backpack. "Aside from the whole apocalypse thing, naturally. I was hoping to pay a visit to the local blacksmith, since I need to take care of some business."

11. - Top - End - #581

MindFlayer

"Aside from meeting with Fett, I suppose we could try asking Kelrug about the golem again, see if he knows more than he was letting on..." Dain replies to Aidan. "And I'd like to go back to the blacksmith as well, our fight yesterday had me worried I'd be running out of axes to throw! Bwahaha! But, uh, I want to see if we earned anything for our work last night first...Fett said something about having earned a chunk of land..."

12. - Top - End - #582

You finish your meal and head for the study.

Inside, governor Fett is standing behind the desk, looking out the window. He seems worried-though considering the circumstances, that makes a lot of sense.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #583

NinjaGuy

"Just talking to Kelrug after we're finished with the meeting with the governor," Yuri says in answer to Aidan's question. "I won't know what else I might need until after the business with the governor is done, so it's kind of hard to plan."

Once breakfast is done, Yuri makes sure she has the sending stone Chief Iarn gave her before they head to the meeting with the governor. She follows his gaze out the window, a bit unsure of how to begin.

14. - Top - End - #584

The governor, after a few moments, seems to realize you're there, and clears his throat. "Thank you for coming. I'd like to hear a little more about the leader they have."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-01-23 at 10:19 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #585

NinjaGuy

Yuri nods, considers, and speaks evenly, doing her best to keep her voice neutral.

"Their chief is...definitely not what you probably picture when you think of a hobgoblin. She seemed well-read and practical, concerned for the well-being of her people, and well able to consider both the benefits and the drawbacks of any given course of action. I'm not sure how else to describe her; wise, perhaps, though that doesn't seem specific enough."

Iarn had certainly defied Yuri's expectations of her; but it's not always easy to put such things into words, after all.

16. - Top - End - #586

"Really?" the governor asks. "I mean, I believe you, I'm just... Surprised. But, that's good news, I'd imagine."

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #587

NinjaGuy

Yuri nods, and gives the governor a brief, apprehensive smile. There are a lot of issues that have come into her head over breakfast.

"It surprised me, too. And while I think she is serious about wanting allies against the orcs, we should be careful, as well. I wasn't able to get a good sense of how her people might react to such an alliance. They need the help or Chief Iarn wouldn't be asking for it, but will her people accept it? For that matter, will your people accept help from hobgoblins, both those below and those above you? How much trouble will you be in, politically, if you form such an alliance?"

18. - Top - End - #588

BardGuy

"Do we need an official alliance? As long as we are not marching off to war together, a simple exchange of information and coordination can easily be performed without alerting the public." Aidan says as he makes a vague hand gesture. "After all, deception is a politicians greatest asset. At least that's what I've heard."

19. - Top - End - #589

"I prefer to be honest with those who I oversee," Fett says, "but I can understand lying in this case. I'd like to talk directly, if I can."

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #590

NinjaGuy

Yuri considers for a moment.

"I can understand wanting to talk directly to her; a meeting will probably be better for hashing things out, I think, but we can start with seeing what they say to the idea. As far as keeping things secret, as soon as one of you calls on the other for more aid than two leaders sharing information, the cat will be out of the bag. If you don't at least inform the troops you send at that point, the agreement will fall apart."

She holds up the Sending Stone Chief Iarn gave her.

"The initial message should come from me; she might not listen or respond if it's from someone she doesn't know, but I can relay that the next message will come from you, if you'd like."

21. - Top - End - #591

"And how do I activate it?" he asks.

A brief tutorial and a few practices later, he nods. "Alright. I'm ready," he says, and activates the stone.

"To the chieftain of the hobgoblins: I am Governor Fett of Indos. I request a meeting in a neutral location to determine the possibility of an alliance against the orks," he speaks, his voice firm. The stone, while he speaks, glows dimly, and for a few moments after, but then resets to looking to be nothing more than an ordinary rock. "Well. That went... Well?"

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #592

Macil cocked his head. The governor's salutation sounded fine. Had they done something contrary to Iarn's instructions?

"What do you mean?"
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

23. - Top - End - #593

Spoiler: Insight DC 5
    Show
    The governor's worried about what's going on. Not that he thinks anyone did anything wrong-it's just risky business, and he's a worrier.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #594

MindFlayer

Dain did not like this one bit. Hobgoblins cannot be trusted. King Moradun would be rolling in his grave at the idea of a dwarf trusting a goblinkin! But I must be better than my ancestors before me... he thought to himself.

Dain couldn’t think of anything to say that could help the situation, and he was worried that his words would only erode the governor’s confidence in this endeavor. He decided to keep quiet for the moment and allow the others to take the lead.

25. - Top - End - #595

The silence extends for a little bit. The governor opens his mouth, but as he does, the stone begins to glow again. Iarn's voice comes out, saying "I will send someone invested with authority two miles due north of Indos, tomorrow at noon. Send someone similarly prepared to meet them."

The stone loses its glow. "Well then," Fett says, "It looks like we have a meeting. I'll talk to my guard commanders, and see who I can send. You've offered to go yourself, and while I'd feel better if you did, you can't really speak for my city."

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #596

Macil nodded.

"I personally don't have anything better to do. Well, perhaps. I could browse for an equipment upgrade, but alas, such expenses in your beautiful city."
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

27. - Top - End - #597

Fett nods, and says "I can't give you anything from the shops free of charge, but here."

He grabs some parchment and writes a quick note. "Take this to the nearby barracks. They'll let you peruse the armory, and take anything within reason."

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #598

NinjaGuy

Yuri nods as the response comes in. She's a bit surprised that Iarn sent a reply without her having informed the chief first, but the hobgoblin chief continues to surprise her. She nods again when Governor Fett says he'd feel better if they go.

"Of course I'll go. It will help cement things, and I want to help however I can. If I may, I would like to meet whomever you send, though, before tomorrow, just so we're acquainted. Would that be alright?"

29. - Top - End - #599

"Of course-meet back here at, say, sundown? That should give time for you to have a meal with whoever I'm sending," Fett replies.

Show
    How much detail do you want to have for the day? You'll obviously need to roleplay out the dinner, but should I just skip to then?

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #600

Where Adelaide and Kelrug are staying...

Yuri, after some inquiring, manages to track down where Kelrug's at. It's a small, quiet-looking house in an out-of-the-way area of Indos.

She knocks, and the door opens to reveal a plump gnomish woman, who smiles broadly upon seeing her. "Adelaide, Kelrug! Your friend from the village is here-one of them, at least! Come in, come in, dear!" she says as she rushes Yuri inside.

Within, there's nearly a dozen gnomes of varying ages, many of whom are tinkering on one thing or another, with Kelrug sitting near the back, basking a little bit. Adelaide calls out, saying "I'm in the kitchen! Don't worry, we have enough for one more."

Looking at Yuri, Kelrug smiles. "Meet my family, Yuri. I'd name them all, but I'm sure you'd forget them-there's just too many of the little buggers!"

"Hogwash!" the woman who let Yuri in says. "You've just forgotten yourself, you old goat!"

"This here," Kelrug continues, "is my sister, Gwenda."

At the marketplace...

Aidan, getting some directions from a servant in Fett's household, heads for the marketplace. Indos, being a major city, has wares from all over, with people hawking their goods in an open-air marketplace.

"Over here, over here, finest cooking utensils this side of..."
    "Come one, come all, purchase the best weapons for self defense..."
    "You there, sir, you look like you could use some haberdashing!"
    "Spices, spices, get spices right here!"

Show
    Show

Show