New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Beginner 5E Game [IC]

One of the toughs drops to the ground, knocked out in one fell swoop. The other two almost jump back, dropping their clubs.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Was that Aidan's voice he recognized? Probably. Don't look now, just roll with it.

Macil threw his cloak back, exposing his weapons, and snatched a dagger and readied to throw it.

"Empty pockets. Now. Him too."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception to see if they look like they might have something else he wants: (1d20+3)[17]
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #363
    Banned

BardGuy

Aidan comes forward, strutting like he owns the entire town, gives Macil the most arrogant, but still friendly smile and says:"Do I get the sack now?"

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yuri's smile fades slightly. Something in that sounds off to her.

"Well, if we haven't heard anything by morning, I'll go and see if I can find him. I'm sure the governor won't appreciate us knocking on his door late at night."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    Was that Aidan's voice he recognized? Probably. Don't look now, just roll with it.

Macil threw his cloak back, exposing his weapons, and snatched a dagger and readied to throw it.

"Empty pockets. Now. Him too."

Show
    Perception to see if they look like they might have something else he wants: [roll0]
    They frantically start emptying their pockets, and once that's done, one kneels down and empties their friend's. "W-we can leave now, r-right?"

Spoiler: Loots!
    Show
    84 SP and 2 GP across the three of them. Also a small handful of copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Yuri's smile fades slightly. Something in that sounds off to her.

"Well, if we haven't heard anything by morning, I'll go and see if I can find him. I'm sure the governor won't appreciate us knocking on his door late at night."
    "Probably not, yeah," she says. "For now though, I guess we can have a good time."

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #366

They frantically start emptying their pockets, and once that's done, one kneels down and empties their friend's. "W-we can leave now, r-right?"
    "One last thing. I need men like you, except less violent and with more money."

Show
    After they respond with as much information as Macil can squeeze out of them:

Macil silently pointed to the alley's exit.

After they were gone, he turned to Aidan.

"We'll figure out the distribution soon, don't worry. Besides, I had that one." He nonetheless counted out the coinage and handed over half of it.

"Anyways! I still need to offload these gems. I need men like these, except less violent and with more money. What brings you to this part of town, anyways? Not the usual stomping grounds for righteous men, in my experience."

Show
    How much is half a handful?
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

7. - Top - End - #367

NinjaGuy

Yuri nods and her expression brightens. She's tired, but happy and grateful she was able to help the villagers in her own way.

"Yes we can!" And Yuri does! Mostly watching people dance and singing along with a few of the songs, laughing and clapping, since her excursion earlier in the day to the golem and back took a lot out of her. She does her best not to show it, though, and slowly works her way through the crowd towards Dain. They're a team, right? They should stick together!
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #368
    Banned

BardGuy

"As if I was gonna let you have all the fun." Aidan says with a chuckle. "That depends on your definition of righteous, I would assume. There is plenty of information to be found in this kind of places, and it would be unwise not to take advantage of that. Granted, this particular lead ended up not being very useful, but I guess you can't win every time. That wouldn't be very fun anyway."
    Last edited by ShadowMist; 2018-12-19 at 05:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #369

MindFlayer

Dain eventually was lost in the crowd of people as he led cheers and songs among the villagers of Edinborough. He was lost in the party when he saw Yuri making her way over, so he lifted his mug and cheered ”A toast to Miss Yuri! “ as the crowd roiled around him.

He had lost sight of Macil and Aidan early on but was happy to see Yuri’s beaming face. It was strange to admit, but the elf had grown on him. Her near-constant smile had a way of lightening the mood and raising spirits. It was certainly a change from Dain’s previous relationships with elves that were built on mutual tolerance over comraderie.

10. - Top - End - #370

The Alleyway

"W-we don't know n-nothing!" one says. "The b-boss m-might, but..."

It takes some wheedling, but you manage to get the location of their hideout-an old warehouse in the north side.

Spoiler: Half A Handful
    Show
    (2d30)[52] CP

The Celebration

The villagefolk have taken quite a shining to Dain, so when he calls for a cheer for Yuri, they all raise their fists and shout "To Yuri!"

Spoiler: OOC For All
    Show
    There's not much more to do with the celebration, so we can skip past that, if you don't mind.

In addition, it'd be a touch easier if you get the party back together-and with Macil having had a bit of a scare with the thugs, he might feel the need to have protection with him for the next deal. Just a suggestion for why you aren't all wandering on your own.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #371

"Well then. Seems to me we have two ways forward, then. One, try to do the same thing at the warehouse that I tried here. Don't think it'll work; they have advance warning about us. The other doesn't get these gems sold, but it does bring Yuri and Dain into the fun." Macil sighed. "I may have to sell these for their actual value. Come on, let's go back and find the others."
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #372
    Banned

BardGuy

"Sure, I had enough fun for today, so we should get back to others." As he follows Macil he is uncharacteristically giddy, almost skipping instead of walking.

13. - Top - End - #373

You two manage to find Yuri and Dain at the square where the celebration was. It's just about winding down, with about half the villagers having dispersed.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #374

NinjaGuy

Yuri bows as Dain toasts her, and finds a cup of her own, then raises it.

"To Dain!"

Growing up in a town as mixed as she did, Yuri finds Dain's company comforting. As a child, she often spent time at the small village's smithy, which was run by a family of dwarves. Dain reminds her of them, his good-natured determination a reminder of better days.

As the celebration winds down, she spots Macil and Aidan, and waves them over.

"There you two are! I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone!"

15. - Top - End - #375

"Well, now that the kind people of Edinborough are over their escape from orcish horrors, it seems I won't be interrupting anything if I ask: what now? We have our orc situation, your hobgoblin situation, and now your golem situation. I had something going on with a warehouse stocked with reprobates, but I think we can table that. What's our priority?"
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

16. - Top - End - #376

NinjaGuy

Yuri chuckles for a moment. Yes, they do have a lot to worry about, but most of it there's precious little they can do about it right now.

"Well, Adelaide mentioned that Kelrug hasn't come back from the governor's office yet. He sent her a letter, but she's still worried. That can wait until tomorrow, no sense in bothering the governor tonight. And I could use some rest, but what's this about a warehouse full of reprobates?"

17. - Top - End - #377

MindFlayer

"Clearing out some ruffians from the city is a good way to make a reputation. I'm sure Kelrug is alright; there is much for him to tell the governor, it is probably just taking some time. Perhaps we can let the orcs and hobgoblins scuffle for now till we hear back from Kelrug, but the golem thing is a different story...sounded dangerous and unpredictable...probably better to try and disable the thing as soon as we can...IF we can." Dain replies to Macil's inquiry.

Indeed there seemed to be many problems in this region. Moving armies of orcs and hobgoblins were large threats that they might not even be able to affect, Dain thought. But a few city ruffians were something they could handle to help out in the short term, and the roving golem's power source, or whatever it was, presented an unpredictable threat.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-19 at 01:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378

NinjaGuy

"The golem's already disabled.
    Its power source was destroyed by whatever it was that ripped a hole through the golem itself. Whatever it was that did that might be a problem, though,"
    Yuri clarifies. She's not sure they can stand up to something that strong, even with both her and Aidan's magic. "If there's a library here, we might do well to try and do some research on it, though."

19. - Top - End - #379

"I was out looking for a buyer for the gemstones we found in the workshop, and encountered some street gentlemen who offered to take them off my hands for the low, low price of all the head injuries they could inflict with their clubs. As so happened, Aidan was passing by, and kindly saved me the trouble of getting blood on my sharps. Speaking of which, nobody else wanted that dagger, right? Anyways, after they saw the error of their ways, they spoke of a warehouse on the north side of town where more of their ilk can be found. I didn't get any more intelligence on the matter, though. They likely outnumber us."
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

20. - Top - End - #380

NinjaGuy

Yuri considers for a moment. Fighting street thugs isn't a bad thing, and she can sort of feel a second wind coming on.

"Well, if we're going to take care of them, we should do so before they're ready for us."

21. - Top - End - #381

MindFlayer

"Ye can have the dagger fer all I care, Macil. But if the ruffians are expectin' ye, then perhaps we need a plan." Dain says and then considers the situation.

"Now, maybe they expect you and Aidan" he says as he points to Macil and Aidan. "But are they expectin' me an' Yuri? Let's use that to our advantage if we can."

Dain ruffles through his pack before pulling out a bundle of clothing. "See here?" he says as he displays the different pieces to his companions. It was an assortment of fine clothes with various belts, buckles, and pouches strewn about. "Wearing this, they'll be expectin' a merchant, not a powerful sorcerer." he says as his eyes shift to Yuri, a smirk on his face. "I'd do it meself, but..." Dain continues, as he begins to shake to rattle his armor.

Show
    Dain is definitely down for taking down some thugs. The merchant clothes are a costume Dain uses sometimes when he performs.
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-20 at 09:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

The sun wanes a little in the sky. If you want to get the ruffians tonight, it'd be best to move quickly.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Banned

BardGuy

"I think that Macil and I left a pretty good impression, I am pretty sure they would be interested in some kind of a deal." Nevertheless, Aidan goes through all of his costumes and trinkets, you never know what might be useful.

24. - Top - End - #384

NinjaGuy

Yuri eyes Dain's collection with a raised eyebrow. The belts and pouches she could definitely wear, but the shirts and pants she's a bit more doubtful of. After all, they're tailored for a man, and the pants are probably meant for dwarves. If there's a loose enough shirt in there, she might be able to use it, but that still leaves the pants.

"Keep the dagger, Macil.
    I don't use the ones I have enough as it is."
    She eyes Dain for a moment. "It might work, though I would need a place to change so I can see what you have that might fit."

25. - Top - End - #385

"Hang on." Macil loosed his pack and searched through it. "I have...somewhere...here it is!" He held a small satchel aloft. "A few things here. Colors and a few other odds and ends. I also have some nice clothing in the pack."
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

26. - Top - End - #386

MindFlayer

"Hmm, yeah, might not fit right..." Dain says to Yuri. Then Macil pulls out his kit and Dain looks it over. "Ha! I can do something with that...just need a few minutes and maybe another hand...Yuri, what do you want to look like? Merchant? Guard?"

Spoiler: Disguise Kit Check
    Show
    Assuming Yuri is alright with the disguise plan and picks a costume type then Dain will make the disguise as he has proficiency with the kit. Rolling with advantage, assuming one of the others helps put it together.
    Int check: (1d20+1)[12]
    Advantage roll: (1d20+1)[4]

27. - Top - End - #387

NinjaGuy

Yuri considers for a moment.

"A merchant would probably be best. That way they won't suspect what I can do."

28. - Top - End - #388

Macil paused a moment, disguise kit still in hand.

"Wait, I missed something. What were we planning to do? Walk up to the warehouse in disguise and...what? I suppose we could use Yuri and Dain as bait, ensure we found the warehouse full of men up to no good and not the warehouse of widow and orphan caretakers...actually, now that I think about it, I've run that kind of plan before. Aidan and I can lurk nearby, and should you find someone expressing ill intent, we pop out and say, 'surprise, it's us again!'

"Dain, you can wear a disguise over your armor, right?"
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

29. - Top - End - #389

MindFlayer

Dain considers for a moment and replies ”Should be able to, though it won’t do anything for the sound.” as he shakes to rattle his armor. He looks to Aidan and says ”But ye can help with that if ye don’t mind.”

30. - Top - End - #390

The disguise looks okay. Nothing that will stand up to especially close examination, but it should suffice.

Show
    Show

Show