New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Beginner 5E Game [IC]

Macil pulled his rations for the day out of his pack and started chewing. He wasn't hungry, but he'd do whatever he needed to get the taste of orc juice out of his mouth.

"If you two do whatever you need to do to get your magic back, Dain and I can start tearing this place apart looking for anything else useful. And barricade the entrance, in case our part-table here had friends."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I figure a 15 minute workday is going to be an occupational hazard at level one with two spellcasters.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #182

BardGuy

"You mean like this?" Aidan waves his hand in front of his face and changes his eye color to bright yellow. "I'm not sure how useful it would be against orcs, but I can do that all day long." He makes a vague hand gesture, and changes his eyes back to green. "I do have a few minor tricks, but after the beating that we took, I am hesitant to continue without resting."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yuri looks to Macil and raises an eyebrow.

"My magic is fine, I'm more worried about you, Aidan and Dain. You all took the brunt of that blast. If we need to rest here, we should, I'm just concerned our...piecemeal friend, as it were, may have had friends of his own that will come looking for him when he doesn't report in."

She makes a sweeping gesture, indicating the room and nods at Aidan.

"I can help you look, if you'd like, Macil. That way, Aidan and Dain can rest, though you shouldn't push yourself too hard, either. You were pretty badly hurt."

Show
    You're probably right, I guess I'm just not used to low levels; it's been awhile since I've started at level 1.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-12-09 at 03:46 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #184

MindFlayer

Dain walks over after keeping watch near the entrance to the room where they fought and over hears some of what the others have said.

”Ah, don’t worry yerself wth me,Yuri. I’m built like a steel keg!” Dain says and then bangs his warhammer against his shield before putting it away. “Find anything useful? I’d rather not wait around here longer than we need.” he said to the group.

Show

If we got a short rest then my hit die roll from before puts me at 10/13. My hit die is the only resource I’ve used so far; I still have second wind. I’m fine with resting if others need it, although this spot may not be the best for a long rest.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

You see a faint trickle of water winding in from the outside. The male goblin notes this, and mutters something in Goblin.

The woman translates, saying "He said it's raining. We get a little water in here when it does."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

NinjaGuy

Yuri smiles at Dain, and nods.

"Some gold and silver, potions, gems, a bag and a scroll we're still trying to figure out," she says. She looks to the goblin woman, then at the trickle of water, and motions to Dain. "Let's go back up and have a look. I'm not fond of walking in the rain if we don't have to."

She begins making her way back up towards the mouth of the cave.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-12-09 at 06:29 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #187

MindFlayer

Dain looks at the muck on his armor and shield and shrugs at Yuri, but then nods and says ”Aye, let’s have a look. If the weather is poor then perhaps it best we hunker down here fer now.” He looks down at the disgusting bits and dried ichor left behind by the orc and says ”Though, if it’s raining, I might let it wash this filth off’a me!”

Before joining Yuri check the mouth of the cave, Dain turns to Aiden and Macil and points at the goblins “Keep and eye on these things, they’re a sneaky lot, goblins.” and spits on the ground in the direction of the goblins.

8. - Top - End - #188

Near the outside, Yuri sees it's drizzling somewhat hard, with clouds indicating more to come.

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #189

NinjaGuy

"Looks like it's just starting," Yuri says, taking a look outside at the clouds when they reach the entrance. She likes the clean smell the rain leaves, and the flash and growl of lightning and thunder speaks to her soul in a way that little else can, but she dislikes the part about being wet and cold from being out in it. "If you want to wash your armor off, though, I'll stand guard here."

10. - Top - End - #190

MindFlayer

Dain grunted at Yuri with a harrumph and said ”Thanks...just a few moments.” and walked into the drizzle. As the rain coated his armor Dain rubbed off as much grime as he could with any leaves on the ground he could find. As bad as it sounded, Dain was used to spending long amounts of time in his armor underground, where the primary source of water was underground streams. He figured some rain worked well enough and figured sitting by a fire back in the cave should dry him nicely. A few minutes later he walked back to Yuri and said ”Alright, let’s get back to the others “

11. - Top - End - #191

NinjaGuy

Yuri watches, keeping a careful eye out for anyone that might be approaching during the storm. Once Dain finishes, she follows him back down into the cavern.

"It's started raining, and probably isn't going to let up for awhile," she announces to the others. "We might as well set up camp and rest; I'm not inclined to try and go anywhere in weather like this if I don't have to."

12. - Top - End - #192

Macil pondered his environment as he searched the workshop further. Caves were new to him, but he'd been in flooded basements before. If the rain was trickling inside, they may have a similar situation coming.

He saw Dain and Yuri come back from outside.

"Dain! You know caves, right? Do you think we'll be flooded out tonight?"
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

13. - Top - End - #193

Spoiler: Dain
    Show
    Definitely not, unless the whole forest floods.

Spoiler: Intelligence DC 9
    Show
    If the cave routinely flooded, they wouldn't have an alchemy lab here.

Show
    You've gained the benefits of a short rest already-it's been enough time.

You can feel free to try to extend it to a long rest, in which case, I might do a few rolls for random encounters.

And, of course, you got your communication crystal.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #194

NinjaGuy

Yuri considers their surroundings for a moment.

Spoiler: Intelligence Check
    Show
    (1d20)[13]

She shakes her head but says nothing on the matter. Dain's the expert on stonework, he would probably know, but she can't imagine that they'd have built a lab here if it flooded regularly. Instead she moves into the bedroom, and flicks her fingers a moment, using one of her minor tricks to clean the bedding. At least someone can use it if they're going to stay here awhile. She comes back out into the main room, finds a comfortable place to sit down, where she can watch the entrance, and stretches out to relax. One of the boys can take the bed; they need it more than she does.

Show
    I believe the consensus is that we'd like to try for a long rest so that Aidan can get his spells back.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-12-09 at 08:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Spoiler: DM's Eyes
    Show
    (4d20)[11][20][12][3](46)

Rolling some bones. High good, low bad.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Show
    This would be after getting an answer from Dain.

"All right. Well, while Aidan's resting, I'll finish searching the workshop. Not really tired anyways; something has me really riled up. I think it's the near death experience. Also I think it's still morning."
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

17. - Top - End - #197

NinjaGuy

Yuri shrugs, mostly because while she's been injured before, she's never quite been that close to death, and isn't quite sure how to relate.

"Suit yourself. I'll keep watch for a couple of hours, then we can swap off." Perhaps a bit colder than she'd intended, but what else can she say? There's no reason to stop Macil from searching the place, and he clearly needs something to do to keep his mind occupied, and to her mind, all of her stories are boring....
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-12-09 at 11:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

MindFlayer

”Huh? Nah, it doesn’t seem to accumulate anywhere, we should be fine here unless the whole forest floods!” Dain replies to Macil.

19. - Top - End - #199

BardGuy

Before he tries to get some rest, Aidan spends a few minutes chanting a spell and helps Macil search the entire cave. After finishing the search, he flops down on his blanket, only now realizing how exhausting the fight was for him.

20. - Top - End - #200

MindFlayer

Now somewhat damp, Dain looks for a dry place to lay down for a bit in the small bedroom at that back of the cave. He won’t sleep in a orcs bed, that’s for sure! On his way there he sees the skull-topped staff that the orc had been holding, laying on the ground. He walks over and places one of his heavy boots on top of the skull, but before applying more pressure he looks over to his companions asks “Something we should destroy?”
    Last edited by The Big Bear; 2018-12-10 at 08:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Macil turned his head away from the cranny he was searching to see what Dain was asking about.

"No! No no no no!" He ran over to Dain. "Let's find out what it is, first."
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

22. - Top - End - #202

MindFlayer

Dain turned to Macil and then looked back down at the skull under his foot. Given the explosion the orc gave off, and the fact that it was missing limbs, Dain reconsidered and slowly took his foot off of the skull."Right, uh, dont want to do anything too hasty." He pondered for a moment and decided that he should probably leave the magical stuff to the other members of the party.

23. - Top - End - #203

BardGuy

"It's just an ordinary skull tipped staff, there's nothing special about it." Aidan say, somewhat disappointed. "It does have a dose of poison hidden inside. That's neat."

24. - Top - End - #204

NinjaGuy

Yuri perks up a bit as she watches the others. She doesn't get up, but she does get a bit more animated.

"Can you get the dose out of it?
    The old man back at the village might be able to make a more effective anti-toxin with it if we can get it to him."

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Yuri perks up a bit as she watches the others. She doesn't get up, but she does get a bit more animated.

"Can you get the dose out of it?
    The old man back at the village might be able to make a more effective anti-toxin with it if we can get it to him."
    Spoiler: The Vial
    Show
    It's simply stoppered, and the vial itself is rather thick. Just pouring it out is probably a bad idea, but the alchemist in the village should have better tools for the job.

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #206

MindFlayer

Dain was glad he had not stepped on the skull and released the poison. Even if Dain was not experienced in infiltration techniques, he did have some experience creating costumes and disguises, such as when he would dress up as Saint Brick and hand out presents to the children of his clan each year. Perhaps that experience would be useful here?

"Hmmm, might be worth keeping this thing. If we ever need to infiltrate the orcs or question their goblins this might end up being a useful prop."

27. - Top - End - #207

The next eight or so hours pass uneventfully. The goblin prisoners occasionally shift about, but don't try to escape, and while the trickle of water winding its way in becomes more intense, it vanishes into a crack on the east side of the room, leaving you all mostly dry.

Macil, in searching the room, finds 12 SP, 16 CP, and 9 GP in nooks and crannies, as well as a few empty vials in the corners of the room.

just as you're preparing to move on, the communications crystal sparks. Your prisoners' eyes go wide, and the woman says "They're contacting him!"

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #208

NinjaGuy

Yuri quickly moves over to the woman and unties her.

"Answer it. If they ask for your former master, say that there was an explosion in the lab and that he's recovering from a wound from a burst flask. Ask for help and how quickly it can arrive."

She looks to the others.

"Anything else she should ask?"

29. - Top - End - #209

Macil did have a lot of questions about who was reaching out to them, but wasn't sure how to ease it into the goblin's conversation.

Instead, he strode purposefully over to the goblin female, where he knelt down and looked into her eyes.

"Listen to me. I can only imagine how you feel about us right now, after what we've done today. But please remember, we're not here to do harm to you or yours. We're after those who destroyed your home, murdered your shaman, and enslaved you and your partner here. I hope, at least for the time being, you can work with us on this. Anything you can get out of them, any information at all, that we can use, will be you doing your part to avenge your people."

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17]
    Last edited by Pheehelm; 2018-12-10 at 06:29 PM.
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

30. - Top - End - #210

The woman nods, and says "I'll need my hands free to answer."

Assuming someone unties her hands, she makes her way to the crystal, and performs a short series of incantations, moving some of the inlaid runework on the crystal as she does. In about a minute, it stops its commotion, and you hear a guttural voice say something in Orcish.

Show
    DC 16 Int check to be able to accurately repeat what she just did on your own. And, since no one hear knows Orcish, I'll just say what you hear.

She responds, sounding worried.

The orc on the other end says something back, and the woman frantically speaks, but the aura around the crystal wanes and vanishes.

She reverts to Common. "He... He didn't believe me. I told him there was an accident, but I don't think he bought it. We have to leave! You say you want us safe-bring us somewhere safe! This place isn't!"

Show
    Show

Show