Looks, like I'll be playing in a PF game this week, so I'm currently thinking over what to do in terms of character creation. It's going to be an aasimar paladin with the added notion that I'll probably be "discovering" my heritage over the course of the game, i.e. racial feats. I'm expecting an inquisitor and a druid, but beyond that no clue what we'll have in the group. Setting is homebrew, automatic bonus progression is probably in effect and the optimization level is extremely low, with most players being new to the system. That mostly means I'm also expecting no overly optimized enemies, so maybe I shouldn't overdo it.
Why bother with the thread then? I'd appreciate some advice on the projected path, such as whether I've overlooked something really, really crucial or whether I'm completely under-/overestimating things here.

What I've got so far:

Aasimar (Angel-blooded), 15 point buy

Str: 16 (14 +2)
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 8
Cha: 16 (14+2)

Spoiler: Racial traits
Show
Spell like -> Alter Self
Celestial (language) -> Scion of Humanity (counts as human and native outsider)
Darkvision -> Halo (yay, an extremely limited cantrip)
Skill bonuses -> Truespeaker (+2 sense motive/linguistics, 2 languages per linguistics rank)

Not sure whether I should go for the Deathless Spirit, since my deity feels as if it's Pelor or Sarenrae by another name and thus all about life, so it would fit, yet the normal ones are pretty nice, too.
I kind of want to (and expect to having to) do at least a lot of the talking. With the 2+int skill points not helping, I'm opting for 4 points, including the FCB. Should be enough for at least sense motive, diplomacy and the odd rank here and there in other things.

Spoiler: Feats
Show
1: Fey Foundling
3: Power Attack
5: Angelic Blood
7: Angelic Flesh
9: Improved Critical (Falchion)
11: Angel Wings
13: Metallic Wings
15: Greater Mercy
17: Ultimate Mercy
19: ?

That's my plan so far. Mind you that I don't expect even reaching level 10, but planning ahead never hurts. In terms of feats, it'd be a shame to miss out on the improved critical range, since keen doesn't stack with Bless Weapon, but it kind of pushes the mercy feats to the far end, so I'm unsure there. While I'd like the wings (despite probably simply dropping from the sky if I try to use them...), I'm not sure about the metal version, as it eats half my feats. Mind you, natural attacks with smite evil tacked on are really nice, but maybe not worth the additional cost.
Generally speaking, it should work. I get hit, I heal up and hit back. That's Lay on Hands + Fey Foundling and Power Attack + Smite Evil. Add some buffs and self sacrifice based spells later, rather simple stuff. As swift actions are probably going to be in high demand, I'm wondering if there is a way to combine, say, an attack with activating smite evil without the swift action?

In terms of archetypes I was thinking Oathbound (vengeance), for additional smites, though it may not quite fit the flavor. Warrior of the Holy Light seems interesting and not inappropriate, but loses spellcasting, so I'm unsure there. Holy Tactician and Hospitaler (which clashes with Oathbound) have also caught my eye, the former in particular would cost me all the auras (and thus immunities) however. Tempered Champion is tempting due to the bonus feats, but I again don't feel it's worth the loss of spellcasting. Virtuous Bravo would've been nice if I went for a different style, but I'm not seeing a dex based, flamboyant character here. Likewise Tortured Crusader would have been nice for skills and all that, but it doesn't fit the concept. So very conflicted
Despite all the nay-saying, anything interesting I've missed? Unfortunately, PoW and its related archetype is probably off the table too, as I'm the only one who is even aware of that subsystem.

Lastly, I've considered going Oradin, but am currently leaning against that, as it seems to complicate things for no good reason, given that there's potentially at least two other divine casters to help out the group in terms of support and it requires quite a couple levels to work out. Also, I keep on thinking that I might be tempted to go (basically) full life Oracle instead, which wasn't the plan