New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Adventurer will travel

Most of the people in the tavern at the time are adventures and most look slightly excited and are quickly finishing their meals before heading out presumably to go to the guild hall.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Here's What I Gather

Zetaya turns to her comrades "the mission itself is a complete mystery, kinda exciting. It's 100 gp per person who participates. If it's for the safety of the town then im down, even without the gold. I could use a good fight as well." She states as she starts stretching.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #52

" let me buy a few things and we will go" Hyensum sayes finishing his food he gets up and head out the door.

Spoiler: For GM
    Show
    Hyensum is going to buy winter gear at the closes shop.

4. - Top - End - #424

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Hyensum reply

Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    You walk over to the market district and quickly find a shop that sells clothing. You easily find some in your size and bring them to the front where a rather board elf sighs that says that he really doesn’t want to be there “That will be 8G”

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #53

Hyensum hands over the gold and put the outfit on heading towards the guild.

6. - Top - End - #426

Default The Air-a-mid-st the room is brimming with excitement

"Lets go go go, I need to get to the front-line! Who knows what these poor people who sign up for the pay will face!?"

7. - Top - End - #427

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Making assumptions is what I do

Spoiler: Everyone except for Hyensum
    Show
    You leave the inn after you finish with your breakfast and set off to the guild hall. When you get there, you see two guild girls out front the elf (Tawariell) that you have seen before as well as a new catfolk they both are handing out forms to the people showing up mixed with telling them to “Read the damn brief before asking stupid questions that are answered in the first line.”

8. - Top - End - #428

Default Reading is for the not strong!

"I'll take a briefing!" Airmid rushes past others to grab a pamphlet from them, "Anything else we should know that may not be fully disclosed in the briefing?"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Briefing I don't need no stinking briefing

Zetaya will walk/skip up, merrily take the flyer (or briefing), and read it. "Yes, I agree with my friend here. Is there anything not disclosed in this piece of paper that we need to know or will there be a meeting later to discuss further information?" She cheerily asks without lifting her eyes from her sheet, once she stops reading she'll look up at both Tawariell and catfolk. She smiles at the catfolk "by the way, I like your fur," she looks over at Tawariell "oh, your hair is looking really cute and I love your outfit." She stops talking and waits for an answer to her and Airmid's question(s).
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-06-07 at 04:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Turmoil behind the counter.

Not wanting to add to the river of crazed adventurers approaching the counter, Clarity calmly walks over to the post board to investigate the posted flier. If the guild girls eyes happen to meet hers on this venture, despite the swarm she is obviously dealing with, Clarity will give a small smile and a short nod.

She will also take extra care to observe those in the hall once the flier has been read.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

11. - Top - End - #431

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Reading

Spoiler: Clarity
    Show
    You find three new quests.

The first is a subjugation to kill goblins NE of Faford. Reward is 2gp per goblin head + 4gp per hobgoblin head + any other loot in the area.

The second is a retrieval of an amulet that is in a tunnel complex NE of Farford. Reward 200gp + all other loot from the area.

The last is an investigation. There seems to have been several adventures found dead in the area out side of town they think that it may be some kind of dark ritual sacrifice from the look of the bodies. Reward 300gp + possible red tag bounties.

Spoiler: Hyensum
    Show
    You arrive at the guild hall and see what the others have seen.(Yes I just kinda teleported you a little so you could be back with the group.)

Spoiler: everyone else
    Show
    The catfolk looks at you both and almost growls “How about you read the gods damn brief before asking questions from the people that are glorified secretaries that know nothing except whats on the damn paper!”
    You notice that Tawariell takes a small step away from her but makes no other obvious reaction.

When you read the brief you quickly find that it is the response to the scout quest that you told them about. As such you probably know more about it then they do.
    It seems that they are going to go with your idea in that they want to send in a small group to see what happens but have a large force ready to go should things turn bad. You will all travel in a group to a position just out side their scout lines then send in the group to see how the scouts react if they take the group with them then the rest are to follow and wait for the signal to attack if the group needs back up.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-06-11 at 02:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Post Board: Give and Take

Noticing that the current rabble rousing quest that has everyone in an uproar isn't posted, Clarity sighs a little before chanting up a mage hand spell. She then uses the mage hand to remove two pamphlets from the stack while keeping her current position in front of the board. The pamphlets approach her as she pulls some board pins loose from the reservoir in the corner of the board and pins one of the pamphlets to the board in a high, easy to read, spot after snatching them both out of the air. She skims it and then quickly removes her record quill and begins taking notes on the back of the pamphlet about the other quests she has observed, walking over to the nearest vacant table and taking a seat.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #53

Hyensum walks up to the pile of pamphlets and read it walking away from the table.

14. - Top - End - #434

Default Oooh....

Airmid's curiosity and worry just dissipate from her face.
    "Oh, it's the weird orcs and trolls. So we're finally going to take it over...."
    She turns her head and walks back to Zetaya, "Well, what do you think? Should we be part of the initial team that may be captured?"
    Whispering, "but we also need to get the bandit's wife's note...."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Re: Hard mode Pathfinder

Zetaya turns to her shiny friend. "I honestly don't know, both are important in their own right..." She bites her lip slightly in thought. "Let's go find the others and discuss it with them first, they might have insight to this conundrum." With that she turns to find Clarity and Hyensum in the crowd and walks to her. Zetaya briskly walks through the crowd, making as much of an attempt to not bump into anyone, and makes it to Clarity. She gives Clarity a nod and sits in a chair with the least amount of foot traffic, waiting for Airmid to join them.

Spoiler: When Airmid Reaches the Table
    Show
    "Clarity; Hyensum," Zetaya chimes as her eyes sparkle with excitement. "It seems that all this fuss is for those trolls and orcs, but Airmid made an astute observation." Zetaya lowers her voice to a near whisper and leans toward Clarity so she may hear "We still need to retrieve the note from the bandit's wife." After stating that she straightens up and goes back to using her normal (if not slightly shouting due to the large volume of people) voice, "What should our next course of action be?"

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Distractions Aplenty

"Friends, we may have to ignore the trolls and orcs mission for now. As tempting as it is to be part of something on this scale I am afraid that it is just a distraction from a bigger picture," Clarity slides her record parchment in the middle of the table for the rest to see, "This may just be a coincidence, but these other quests have popped up concerning goblins and another that is happening right out of town concerning dead adventurers and potential red tag involvement. Everyone is going to be so focused on this diplomatic hurry up and wait mission that these others will be ignored for an uncomfortable amount of time, I fear." She then casts her eyes a bit lower before closing them for a time, as if looking for a hidden answer only she could see, "It seems like too much a strange coincidence to me that these overlaps happen as they do. We should of course visit the 'stolen wife' and get what we need in regards to our earlier task, but I feel investigating these murders should take precedence as, to me at least, it seems the most threatening and close to home." Clarity opens her eyes and looks to the others expectantly for a while. She then turns and looks around for the shady group to see if they are around.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Red Tags? We Will Rock You.

Zetaya looks at Clarity with full attention as her comrade speaks. As speak of the red tag activity comes up, Zetaya will close her eyes and take in a deep breath, visibly upset. When Clarity is done speaking Zetaya will open her eyes and look at the quest forms. "You're right," Zetaya mutters solemnly, "this seems more pressing at the moment. Adventurers dying and red tags? This must be stopped, as soon as possible. While yes we need to go speak to the 'stolen wife' as you say this must take precedent. We can't let others be killed in this way and let possible red tags run amok." Zetaya vigorously shakes her head. "I'm with you Sister, fully." She casts her eyes up to Clarity's and gives a slight smile.

18. - Top - End - #438

Default RvB lets show them which color is the best!

"We will cleanse the red of their tag with the red of their blood...."
    Airmid's intensity can be seen on her face. What's usually a determined optimistic look is now that of fury.
    "A red tag is unforgivable, there are enough monsters in this world that we shouldn't have to fight for our lives against our own."

19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #54

Hyensum looks around at everyone and says "Then let us go and take care of this killer and the wife." he turns and walks back placing the flier back on the table and starts head towards the area the wife is.

20. - Top - End - #440

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default On the road again

Current destination: Faford
    Reason: to get the letter left by the bandit to track down and get the bounty on the bandits.

Faford is a larger town then Paydine. It is also known for being a more dangerous area due to it being closer to the center of the Co country.

The Co countries towns are all focused on catering to adventurers and are larger the farther in that you go as well as more fortified and the area around it are more dangerous as it goes deeper.

Each town has its own adventurer’s guild and bounty board. Some bounties are sent out to the other towns around it but sometimes takes a little wile to get from one town to the other. But due to the fact that you haven’t been there you don’t know much about Faford other then the basics.

Red tags when found are found in abandoned caves or runes often with lots of traps in the area.

This possible red tag has taken 3 possible victims. They where smart as the town guard though that it was monsters that caused it and that the adventurers had taken on more then they could handle. That was until one of them had accidentally found a bit of metal under the victim. It was a part of a larger whole that created a necromantic rune. They then went back to the other sights and found the same rune. They are not sure what it does not even the experts of the area are able to identify the rune.

The trip to Faford is fast as both the light and warmth make travel easy. The drizzle makes sure that you are all well drenched after 2 hours. About 3/4th the way there you pass a robed man traveling alone going the opposite way.

Weather:
    Wind: 1-4 MPH
    Precipitation: Drizzle
    Clouds: Overcast
    Time 11:30am
    Date Lamashan 20
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-06-24 at 01:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Default A cautionary warning

Airmid will pause her walk and turn toward the robed person.
    "Excuse me. I advise with all of the reported sightings of Goblins, and the possibility of Red Tag adventurers, that you find somewhere safe to stay and not travel alone."
    Gesturing towards the rest of the group, "Come, travel with us back to Faford and we can arrange safe travels to your destination if you didn't know."
    She pauses, "Though if you are aware and wish to go it alone, I won't stop you, but I'd feel guilt and remorse as a Blue tag that I couldn't dissuade you from a dangerous travel."

22. - Top - End - #442

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Hiding in plane site

The man leans in parting his robe slightly to show off his tag and says “Sorry bout dat. Din mean ta start ya. Jus trian to flush the bandit out by lookin like a easy mark. Friends be in the bush ya know.” Then continues on his way to hunt the bandits.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Iron in tha E

"My friends, it seems we should perhaps stop pulling our tactics from the same book as the rest of the adventuring world. There has got to be a better way to set a snare," Clarity muses to the rest of the party as she watches the robed man carry on his way, "I will think on it as we travel... The rain feels nice."
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

24. - Top - End - #444

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default On point

The rest of the trip is without difficulty. In short order you all arrive at the town gate of Faford.

Weather:
    Wind: 1-4 MPH
    Precipitation: Drizzle
    Clouds: Overcast
    Time 2:00pm
    Date Lamashan 20
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-06-27 at 12:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Before and After the Time Jump

Spoiler: Zetaya and Stranger
    Show
    Zetaya will walk slightly closer to the stranger in the cloak. She'll look at his tag and then in his eyes, sweetly smile, and say (barely audible in common) "May the wind guide your path to victory." After she'll quickly rejoin the group and keep trudging in the rain.

Once to town Zetaya will look to her comrades. "Do we remember where the house is?" A growling comes from her stomach. Giggling and patting her stomach "it also might be a good idea to stop by a tavern and get a bite to eat as well." She wipes the water from her face and waits for her companions to respond.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-06-27 at 01:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Hyensum post #55

"yes, food sounds like a good idea. lets go to a tavern." Hyensum responds.

27. - Top - End - #447

Default Not hungry

"Go ahead and get food, I think his wife will appreciate a single person. Someone she knows she can trust too."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default How Rude! ;)

"Why Airmid," Zetaya scoffs "for a shiny paladin such as yourself that is mighty rude." She stops, turns to Airmid, and widely grins. "You know Clarity is here too. Why don't you two go see our person of interest while Hyensum and I hold down a table at a tavern and then wait for you two to arrive?" She tilts her head to Clarity and beams "Unless Miss Sodden over here would like to do something else?" She starts to giggle slightly at her own joke.
    Last edited by Ria_Whitefire; 2019-07-03 at 04:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449

Default Airhead, not rude :(

Absolutely stunned by her combat sister's remark she stares dumbfounded.
    "B-but.... I wasn't being rude, I just wanted you guys to get the food you wanted and I'd take care of the tedium!"
    Pouting she turns to Clarity, "You can come with me if you want, I thought you'd enjoy a meal with the-.... sorry for assuming."
    She cuts herself off, rather than make excuses she'd rather just apologize

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Good Gracious I Made Her Sad :(

Zetaya's giggles stop after hearing what Airmid says, and gets down to her eye level. "I'm sorry Airmid," She soothed with a sweet smile "I was only joking, you weren't being rude. In fact you were being nice. You know I want our journey and adventures to be filled with laughter, but I went a little too far with my joking and made you sad. I am the one who needs to apologize." She gives her metallic teammate a slight pat on the shoulder and then bows to her. "I apologize for hurting your feelings my brave and thoughtful lady of metal." She stands and turns to Hyensum "Let's go get food and wait for the others to join." With that she gives Airmid and Clarity another wide grin before walking towards the tavern.