New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Momma cleric

Hawthorn seeing your grabbing for the bottle of 300 proof snatches the bottle off the table and moves a different bottle closer to you. "If you want to keep drinking then drink this. It's lower in alchohol but it's also not going to kill you where this stuff will."

The cleric just calmly fills up two shots from the new bottle takes one and drinks it handing the other to you. "Tell me what happened."

2. - Top - End - #782

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Shoot to thrill

Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Assassin 3
    Assassin 4
    Bandit Lackey
    Giant Shiny
    Assassin 2
    Bandit Leader
    Assassin 1
    Clarity
    Airmid

You all hear two soft thums as two arrows fly from somewhere in the brush toward the two bandits.

(I'm rolling assassin 3 and 4 turn into one)
    Assassin 3(1d20+11)[29] at bandit lackey
    Assassin 4(1d20+11)[18] at bandit leader

damage assassin 3
    Short bow (1d6+1)[6]
    Sneak attack knife master (3d4)[7]
    Sneak attack assassin (1d6)[5]
    Hidden strike vigilante (4d8)[23]

damage assassin 4
    Short bow (1d6+1)[5]
    Sneak attack knife master (3d4)[6]
    Sneak attack assassin (1d6)[2]
    Hidden strike vigilante (4d8)[21]

Bandit Lackey fort saves
    Drow Poison (1d20+6)[17]

Bandit Leader fort saves
    Drow Poison (1d20+6)[8]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-01 at 12:00 AM.

3. - Top - End - #783

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default results and next turns

Both arrows strike the bandits. The male drops like a rock where the Kitsune struggles for a short time falling onto the male to shelter him with her body and stops moving.

The massive shiny man bellows in anger and charges over to the two bandits his shield flashes with power and he channels energy in an attempt to prevent their deaths. (10d6)[29] This healing causes the male bandit to wake up struggle to his feet and start to drag the Kitsune away. Unfortunately this only makes him the target of the next two arrows from assassins. One comes out of the brush (its the one that clarity saw Airmid still cant see them) where the other assassin moves into a batch of brush and vanishes firing an arrow from hiding.

assassin 2 attack (1d20+11)[28]

assassin 1 attack (1d20+11)[14]

assassin 2 damage
    Short bow (1d6+1)[4]
    Sneak attack knife master (3d4)[9]
    Sneak attack assassin (1d6)[2]
    Hidden strike vigilante (4d8)[23]

assassin 1 damage
    Short bow (1d6+1)[5]
    Sneak attack knife master (3d4)[4]
    Sneak attack assassin (1d6)[1]
    Hidden strike vigilante (4d4)[14]

bandit lackey fort saves
    Drow poison assassin 2 (1d20+6)[9]
    Drow poison assassin 1 (1d20+6)[23]

4. - Top - End - #784

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default results

Both of the two arrows strike true and yet again he drops only this time instead of simply an arrow in his chest he has an arrow in his neck and another in the back of his head. Its unlikely that he still lives.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Memories Flash Before my Eyes

Zetaya grasps the glass and downs the liquid with no hesitation. "I c-can han...handle it," she replies to Hawthorn wiping away the tears, still staring at the table. The request burns in her ears as she processes what she means. "Qu-quest," was all of a reply she could muster as she reluctantly lifts her head and looks to Marisa and shakes her head slowly. Turning her gaze back to the table, returning her head to her hands, she barely whispers "to-too m-m-many..." almost like a sigh after "memories..." Moving her head so one hand is supporting it, she'll blindly reach for the easily accessible bottle (to then pour herself another drink).

6. - Top - End - #786

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Party offer

Marisa listens calmly then asks,"Well if you want you can join us and we can hunt your memories together. The offer comes with lots of alcohol and friends to help you when you need it."

You notice Hawthorn switch the bottle again with something different.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Thanks, But I Decline

Zetaya quietly listens to the offer, looks to Hawthorn with a raised eyebrow, and grabs the bottle. Silently she pours herself, sloppily, a glass and downs it.

"N-n-no *ahem* thank you," Zetaya answers with a slight smile that she can muster as she glances at Marisa. "I-I have a p-pat *ahem* party a-already. T-two are as close to f-friends *hic* and f-family a-as I can allow. Hyensum a-and Zarvum... I d-don't quite mi-mind Hyensum bu-but Zarvoom scares me..." Her voice trails off once more as she ponders her friendship with Clarity and Airmid with another slight smile which quickly fades. "Can't fight t-them..." her voice is low, almost a growling whisper. "Dellisar...Kyras..." She flinches with each name as she spits them out. "They are too s-strong... Can't f-fight them." Her voice and eyes are filled with angst as she again puts her head in her hands, covering her face, her shoulders slumping.

8. - Top - End - #788

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Wisdom is a cleric stat

"Well if this Dellisar and Kyras are too strong to fight then you just get stronger. Then take the fight to them. The foes that beat us in out memories are often stronger in memory only. Don't let your fear control you. The best thing is to live and over come them with the strength that you gather while your alive, but if your only living in fear then you wont be able to grow into something that can best them." She smiles at you kindly.

You notice that Hawthorn has more or less accepted the fact that the cleric has gone into mom mode and is just watching to see if you or her need help that he can provide other then that he's letting her talk and glaring at anyone that walks up to warn them off so your not interrupted.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default I'm Losing Time

"Fe-fear keeps m-me alive," Zetaya sighs defensively, pouring herself another drink and downing it before continuing. "keeps...me...free...Ad-aventring an-and pr-tecting others gives...pur...pose to live." She shudders and shakes her head. "St-stronger takes time...th-they w-will get strong to-too."

Looking from Marisa and Hawthorn, she tries to sneakily look to the door, and silently ponders whether to leave or stay. "Y-you speak *hic* but know...know nothi-nothing. Or is it..." pondering silently for another moment, giving Marisa a slightly dirty look. "You kno-know and sp-speak noth...ing?" Shakily she'll stand up and turn to Hawthorn. "Thnk y-you for drnks. I-I will be going now..." With that she will shakily (and focused on one foot in front of the other) make her way to the door.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Calm the tide

Clarity uses a swift fervor to spontaneous cast cure serious wounds on herself. Draws out her wand of gravity bow and activates it.

(3d8+7)[16]
    (1d20+11)[25]
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

11. - Top - End - #791

Default What to do what to do!?

Airmid confused as to what is happening, does the one thing she knows how to do; Protect.
    She'll rush over to the downed bandits and will sit with her back to them and slam down her shield placing a protective cover for +4 AC and full cover on the edge facing where the last couple arrows came from.

12. - Top - End - #792

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Higher the level more the protect

Two more arrows fly from the brush this time to attack the giant man.

Assassin 3 attack (1d20+11)[20]

Assassin 4 attack (1d20+11)[16]

damage assassin 3
    Short bow*(1d6+1)[4]
    Sneak attack knife master*(3d4)[10]
    Sneak attack assassin*(1d6)[6]
    Hidden strike vigilante*(4d8)[5]

damage assassin 4
    Short bow*(1d6+1)[2]
    Sneak attack knife master*(3d4)[9]
    Sneak attack assassin*(1d6)[2]
    Hidden strike vigilante*(4d8)[13]

13. - Top - End - #793

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Results and response

Both arrows harmlessly plink off his shield without any harm.

For his part he simply takes a step over to next to you and the bandits slams his shield into the ground and makes a motion with his free hand causing his shield to flash with light and stone to sproute from the ground and grow in rings around both of the bandits and Airmid in folded rings that completely encase everyone with the only openings being where his shield plugs the hole forcing any attack to go through his shield.

14. - Top - End - #794

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Response to the response

There is a moment of silence and then you see one of the assassins walk out of the brush without any weapons drawn. They say "We have no quarrel with you. We are just doing our jobs. We are tasked with preventing the resurrection of those bandits. Your interference is preventing that and we would like to avoid any more unpleasantness. We only kill those we are paid to so we want to avoid killing you all."

15. - Top - End - #795

Default I can't allow that...

"I promised them life, in exchange for their total change of lifestyle."
    She'll try to look past the shield, to see any of their attackers.
    "I'm sorry, I never intended to offend the guild. However; we did kill them. The task was done, but there was a deep regret with their situation and what we'd done.
    I can't allow them to stay dead, but the best option I had was to inform the guild of their death; which had happened and have them change their ways to no longer cause any problems.
    Is there no way to resolve this? I can't let them die, and-"
    She'll call out to Clarity, "Clarity, I can't let you kill anyone here. Especially for something I've done."

16. - Top - End - #796
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default I don't trust them

Move action put wand away. Swift action fervor abundant ammo. Standard action dead eye tutor spell.
    The best breeze we will ever feel on our face is the one that reminds us that we are moving forward.
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

17. - Top - End - #797

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Paladin project

The giant paladin yells out around his shield "I'm sorry but my accolite has given her oath to protect these people therefore my oath is given as well. We both know how that will end."

The assassin just sighs and says "Fine have it your way." The starts to walk away.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-02 at 04:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #798

Default Assassin be gone

"So... You'll stop trying to kill them, or us?"
    She'll push his shield out of the way and emerge, "Because I hate this, I hate getting hurt.
    Getting back stabbed, getting others hurt, or making others get hurt. I've never seen Clarity like this...
    It's like she's about to rain down a wrath of hell. I understand your job, but I don't want you dead either."

Airmid will stretch her arms out in a beckoning gesture to Clarity.
    "Come down, to my side, where you'll be safe. Isn't that why I'm on your team?"

19. - Top - End - #799

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Funny joke

The assassin doesnt reply and just keeps walking.

20. - Top - End - #800

Default Promise me....

"Wait...
    Please, promise me that you won't try to harm them.
    I'm fair game, I broke the rules. They've already died gruesomely twice.
    Their punishment is over, they WILL be brought back."

Airmid will use her diplomatic skills on this.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Talking is Free. Which means it's cheap.

(1d20+6)[12] (concentrate)

"They attack whomever they see fit, Air. They don't care who they harm in the process. You say you are fair game but to them anyone they think are in the way is fair game. These cuts are proof of that. If they leave now they will just come back and slit throats in sleep. It's just a job to them but it's a passion for you. And that's worth protecting. I will cease my attack only if he agrees to receive equal injury from me or his partner. The wrong must be made right or else their rules and talk are as meaningless as a raft in a hurricane."
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

22. - Top - End - #802

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Clarity sees the situation with Clarity

The assassin hearing Clarity stops throws his head back and laughs. He then grins at you and says "Seems like you realise the situation much more clearly then your friend. Your wrong about one thing though. I only harm those that get in the way. I would just wait for one of them to be separated from the rest and take them out without encountering you at all if possible sadly you made that option unavailable this time. How about this I swear on all gods and may Asmodeus take my soul should I break this oath I will not harm a single hair on any of the creatures protected under the stone that mr. Tower Shield over there summoned. Does that satisfy your want of an oath?" His smile melts off his face as if it never was there and he says in a cold voice. "But know this if you kill me now you will most likely turn red my comrades will not stop you from killing me and will just vanish into the forest. Then they will hunt you till your dying day. Your short life will be spent in fear never knowing what moment will be your last. They will enjoy playing with you. An arrow here a love note there letting you know they still care." He finished with another smile and small laugh. "Maybe I'll buy you girls a drink in town later. Hahaha" with that he starts again walking away almost challenging you to shoot him.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-02 at 01:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #803

Default Under the protection of stone, eh?

"That is easily disregarded! You won't 'harm a single hair on any of the creatures protected under the stone', that leaves so much to such professional threat touting assassins!
    Firstly, you won't harm a hair? So you'll poison them without cutting a hair.
    Secondly, any under the stone. What if they're no longer under the stone? You slither in and speak Asmodeus' name. Then we shall make a deal as such.
    Please, sit with us a moment. Your friends too, we shall confirm a written deal sealed with all of our blood and oaths, perhaps even a payment to you to keep it such.
    These two shall also take part.... ummm,"
    She turns to her giant friend, "If you're able to revive them again, that is."

24. - Top - End - #804

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Grumps

The assassin stops and without turning yells back "I'm not making a blood contract with you because I'm not stupid enough to work that magic or have that magic be worked on me.
    The creatures that work that magic never do it for free and the price is not something that is paid lightly.
    I sware that I will cause no harm in any way to the things currently under the summoned stone and the second they come out from under it they where still the creatures under the stone at this moment and so that protection still stands as I am not able to harm them.

Also I cant sware an oath for someone that's not me so if you want an oath from my compatriots your going to have to get them to sware it. Now unless miss floaty wants to kill me to stop me I'm leaving." He then starts to walk away this time less cocky and much more annoyed.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2019-11-02 at 04:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #805

Default Don't invoke the name then, naive.

Airmid will laugh to herself a soft chuckle and try to hold it in.
    "Ahem, well then. That's settled, anyone else?
    If you wish them any harm you will have to kill me, because they will live no matter how many times you fell them."

She'll stand in a firm defiant stance and wait.
    "I am... however, amenable to a deal. I will accept being in your debt and owing you a favor, should someone you care for die and you are able to bring them to me I will see to it that I bring them back.
    Or if you're a more selfish sort, should YOU die, if I am made aware and presented your body I will carry out a duty to bring you back."
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2019-11-02 at 05:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Lawful Neutral....

"Don't get too far yet! You actually make it easier the farther you are, shadow walker."
    Clarity pauses to use her gift of zephyrs air blessing.
    She then speaks exceptionally loud for her.
    "I want it all in writing on separate papers. An oath from you and all your companions. It doesn't need to be a blood oath but it does need to have your guild numbers on your respective papers. You all are good at hiding. Make them appear before the armored one. Failure to comply or you continue walking away means you will undoubtedly be at least one man short now and I swear an oath of my own that should you come after any of my associates or myself that you had better not fail next time or the same will happen to you. I don't need to kill any of you but I can promise that you will wake up upside down, bound, gagged, and completely naked from a very high place for the birds, winds, and sun to slowly chip away at your flesh and mind until light reaches your eyes no more."
    Clarity directs her next words specifically to the one she can see.
    "You have 10 seconds to reply or the rains will take you."
    (Clarity will hold her move action for responses of the negative sort.)
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

27. - Top - End - #807

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Lawful evil

The bandit sighs again performs a rude gesture and keeps walking.

28. - Top - End - #808

Default Airmid has doubts

"W-well? Anyone?"
    She'll stand there awaiting any answer from the unseen.
    Should none answer she'll go back inside the stone cover and start removing the arrows from the bodies and laying them respectfully on the ground.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default So be it

Move response to the insult 40 feet swim up and away from him.
    Next round after his move.
    Swift action merciful favored weapon.
    The plus 2 from eagle eyed cancels the negative from the wind.
    Perfect strike (2d20)[13][9](22) Many shot- add 7 to higher roll
    Rapid shot-(1d20+7)[15]
    Flurry shot-(1d20+7)[9]
    second attack- (1d20+2)[9]

Damage- if any shot hits- Pefect (4d8+18)[37] plus (2d6)[4]
    second shot (2d8+9)[20] plus (1d6)[6]
    3rd -(2d8+9)[18] plus (1d6)[6]
    4th-(2d8+9)[16] plus (1d6)[3]
    - Aramtyth Ak'rathion

30. - Top - End - #810

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default All shots

Your first strike catches him in the back of the head knocking him to the ground where the rest of your shots strike his armor or next to him.

There is no response from the other assassins in hiding.

(He gave up hes dex bonus because he wanted to see what you would do and he doesnt honestly care that much.)