New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Peelee's Chicken Fried Random Banter Thread #220

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'll fight you under blood red skies! As the end is drawing near, standing proud, I won't give in to fear. As I die a legend will be born. I will stand, I will fight, you'll never take me alive!
    I will forbear quoting linkin park at you. Instead, I will flick my childrens' toys in your general direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I will forbear quoting linkin park at you. Instead, I will flick my childrens' toys in your general direction.
    This is a war nobody will win. We can each take refuge in our offspring's play pens, and we both have, I assume, nigh-unlimited ammunition.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #1173

This is a war nobody will win. We can each take refuge in our offspring's play pens, and we both have, I assume, nigh-unlimited ammunition.
    I think depleting large amounts of my ammunition would count as winning from my wife's perspective. It is her opinion that the barbarians-in-training have far too many toys.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #1174

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I think depleting large amounts of my ammunition would count as winning from my wife's perspective. It is her opinion that the barbarians-in-training have far too many toys.
    She would be displeased with the return fire, I daresay.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I didn't seize this corner from Amidus for nothing! But, I can see that this dust hasn't been accumulating for months, so I assume you've done some routine check ups. Good lad, good lad.
    You know how it is, you throw a reminiscent glance there every now and then and eventually the guilt over the dust build up gets strong enough to go fetch the dustpan.
    And then spend the rest of the day in pitiful lethargy because cleaning triggers psychosomatic fatigue in me and it's stupid...

Also, this year marks 6 years from when we met and last saw! Memories, oh memories. I'm not sure if there's really been UK meet ups since Scotland...
    Almost 6 years ago... Yikes, time flies!

Those were good memories, though. I still start off most of my anecdotes with "When I did a trip around the world...".

And there was a UK meetup two years later in London, where I got my bag back. A joyous occasion.

No proper hosting service, so no pics... :(
    You could still upload them into a Imgur gallery and link us to that instead of embedding them. Or install a browser extension to circumvent Imgur's filters and pretend nothing happened, like I do.

Slight tangent, like 95% of the world's candy supply is off-limits to me. I hate mint, I hate peanut butter, and I'm not a big fan of chocolate. Fruit-flavored stuff is where it's at, and gummies are my go-to. Skittles also is the only company that's ever figured out how to make lemon taste good.
    Emmigrate and move to Sweden. Sweets diversity is our pride. We have all kinds of fruity gummies. Yummy, yummy fruity gummy...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Or install a browser extension to circumvent Imgur's filters and pretend nothing happened, like I do.
    Yeah, but that doesn't help the sharing of images. Because for those of us who aren't you... well, all we see are black boxes. (Much like your smilies. )

7. - Top - End - #1177

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't help the sharing of images. Because for those of us who aren't you... well, all we see are black boxes. (Much like your smilies. )
    I don't even see black boxes.

That said, it looks like photobucket figured out how to continue to offer free image hosting by putting their watermark on every image hosted.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You can link from Discord just fine, and that is a free service.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #1179

Emmigrate and move to Sweden. Sweets diversity is our pride. We have all kinds of fruity gummies. Yummy, yummy fruity gummy...
    Summer here is about 6 months long. A harsh winter is single digits Celsius. Today it hit 25.

Sweden has a lot that's tempting, but I doubt I would survive a month.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Summer here is about 6 months long. A harsh winter is single digits Celsius. Today it hit 25.

Sweden has a lot that's tempting, but I doubt I would survive a month.
    Once again, I am literally blanking at picturing weather like that. This morning was cold enough that picking up an outside cat dish froze my hand enough that it stuck to the door knob when I went to open the door.

And it's the warmest it's been all week.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Once again, I am literally blanking at picturing weather like that. This morning was cold enough that picking up an outside cat dish froze my hand enough that it stuck to the door knob when I went to open the door.

To be fair, I'm embellishing a bit. More like 5 month summer; starts in May, gets hot as hell. My birthday is late September, which is perfect, because it finally cools down to around 20 and it's just the best. Winter gets stupid cold from November through January, Feb is weird and oscillates between winter and spring from week to week. Usually gets nice by March or mid March. If it snows, the whole damn state shuts down. We don't have plows or salt trucks or tire chains or anything, so it makes sense. For reals, the governor usually declares a state of emergency. The worst part is the light. We're just on the wrong side of the time zone crossover, so when Daylight Saving Time ends it gets dark at like 5pm. It's horrible. Summer, it's daylight til like 8-830. It's so much nicer. I want DST year-round.

Again, Sweden is tempting, I hear tons of things I envy, but I would die huddled in blankets by a fire with a crude sun drawn in crayon on the ceiling.

I think all my temp conversions are accurate.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-02-08 at 12:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

This is why I'm glad that I live in the warm part of Canada. Because this is the coldest it's been all winter, we had, like, half a millimeter of snow one night, and the lowest it got has been, like, minus six degrees Celsius. And even that's absolutely terribly biting cold for me. But at least it rises above zero for a good chunk of the day.

13. - Top - End - #1183

This is why I'm glad that I live in the warm part of Canada.
    Dog River, SK?

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

Dog River, SK?
    Victoria, BC. Surrounded by ocean to keep things temperate, and the way the Olympic mountains and stuff cut, we get sheltered greatly from the weather patterns coming in from the Pacific.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's the same in the UK. If I go into the sweet section of my local supermarket and look at the bags of sweets pretty much all of them are non-chocolate, with the exception of Revels and Ruffles. Blackcurrant and licquorice are my personal faves.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Are any of your gummies vegetarian? I can't tell you how sad I am about wine gums...

Also, I'd be tempted to move to Sweden if y'all showed the slightest interest in English-speaking Americans who have no marketable skills other than being able to teach math, since the idea of people who could (a) actually pronounce my name and not be baffled by how to spell it and (b) who had some kind of meaningful social safety net is mighty appealing...I could even annoy my several-generations-removed relatives by showing up and wanting to reconnect! (Growing up, the plan was always for me to get to go visit my Swedish relatives either after high school or after college. Then my parents divorced right before I entered high school, and the money just was never there for me to get to go to Europe for a summer, so I've still never been. I've never been further east than Idaho, actually, which I really need to fix one of these years.)

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

Slight tangent, like 95% of the world's candy supply is off-limits to me. I hate mint, I hate peanut butter, and I'm not a big fan of chocolate. Fruit-flavored stuff is where it's at, and gummies are my go-to. Skittles also is the only company that's ever figured out how to make lemon taste good.
    Don´t confuse the US with "the world". The mainstream sweets market on your side of the big pond is really a bit lopsided and way, way too sweet. One of the nice things about the EU is that we can keep our regional/heritage products and still shop the stuff that other countries produce, which gives a great variety of sweets and other foodstuff.

Btw., bevor I forget it: http://www.lilvienna.com

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    I've never been further east than Idaho, actually, which I really need to fix one of these years.
    You can try, but I think Idaho's beyond fixing.
    Last edited by SZbNAhL; 2019-02-08 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Typo

19. - Top - End - #1189

Feb is weird and oscillates between winter and spring from week to week.
    Case in point, it's currently 6 degrees with a high of 10. Yesterday at this same time it was 18 degrees.

Also, once the Austrian government gets off its fat collective butt, I won't even need to emigrate, I can just hop on over, get a job and a house, and probably start learning how the EU actually works once everyone starts yelling at me for doing it wrong.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, never thought about Nestlé being imported. Though Wikipedia says it's also Swiss based. Regardless, that mat well be it. Still don't like other chocolate things, like ice cream or syrup or stuff (though come to think of it, chocolate milk is fantastic. Though milk is fantastic to begin with, to be fair).
    There are some quirks to US chocolate processing for candies, where one of the ingredients used to process isn't common elsewhere. Most people can't taste it, but the people who can pretty universally despise the taste.

Also, I laugh at this 12 degree oscillation being taken seriously. It was -6 yesterday here, a few days earlier it was 60 and sunny.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

To be fair, I'm embellishing a bit. More like 5 month summer; starts in May, gets hot as hell. My birthday is late September, which is perfect, because it finally cools down to around 20 and it's just the best. Winter gets stupid cold from November through January, Feb is weird and oscillates between winter and spring from week to week. Usually gets nice by March or mid March. If it snows, the whole damn state shuts down. We don't have plows or salt trucks or tire chains or anything, so it makes sense. For reals, the governor usually declares a state of emergency. The worst part is the light. We're just on the wrong side of the time zone crossover, so when Daylight Saving Time ends it gets dark at like 5pm. It's horrible. Summer, it's daylight til like 8-830. It's so much nicer. I want DST year-round.

Again, Sweden is tempting, I hear tons of things I envy, but I would die huddled in blankets by a fire with a crude sun drawn in crayon on the ceiling.

Your description of weather oscillations matches up with mid Canadian March, as you can get some weird weather where it's 12 degrees C in the sun, but the snow piles keep the air temperature around 5-7 degrees Celcius.

This is why I'm glad that I live in the warm part of Canada. Because this is the coldest it's been all winter, we had, like, half a millimeter of snow one night, and the lowest it got has been, like, minus six degrees Celsius. And even that's absolutely terribly biting cold for me. But at least it rises above zero for a good chunk of the day.
    When a friend of mine lived in Vancouver, she used to post comparisons of her weather forecast with the Edmonton one. Needless to say, that got some gripes.

However, having grown up in Alberta, the thought of all that rain feels weird (for non-Canadians, our air is really dry).

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

When a friend of mine lived in Vancouver, she used to post comparisons of her weather forecast with the Edmonton one. Needless to say, that got some gripes.
    I can't possibly imagine why.

I know one of my classmates would send pictures home to his family in the prairies of the trees around here still having a few leaves on into November - until they told him to cut it out, or they wouldn't let him come back home for Christmas.

However, having grown up in Alberta, the thought of all that rain feels weird (for non-Canadians, our air is really dry).
    Yeah, I noticed that when visiting. There's definitely a lot more rain and moisture here, next to the ocean. For some strange reason.

23. - Top - End - #1193

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Also, I laugh at this 12 degree oscillation being taken seriously. It was -6 yesterday here, a few days earlier it was 60 and sunny.
    America has >10x the number of the tornadoes than most of the rest of the world, you say? Can't imagine why.
    Your description of weather oscillations matches up with mid Canadian March
    Canada places second in tornado frequency, you say?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-02-08 at 12:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

You know, Sweden is a really tall country. Southernmost Sweden is pretty lame when it comes to winters. And daylight only until 20? Sheesh, I could never stand summers that dark![/dismissive Swede]

There was a grand total of one. Unless you count "stupid cold" as a temperature conversion, in which case I'm pretty sure they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It's the same in the UK. If I go into the sweet section of my local supermarket and look at the bags of sweets pretty much all of them are non-chocolate, with the exception of Revels and Ruffles. Blackcurrant and licquorice are my personal faves.
    Over here, though, buying sweets in bulk is a pretty big thing, so the selection of pre-bagged sweets isn't overly big. And I mean, we've got chocolate too, but primarily in bars over bags.

Are any of your gummies vegetarian? I can't tell you how sad I am about wine gums...
    It would be a quite pitiful pride we put in our diversity if we didn't have vegetarian gummies. I'm not quite sure how well labeled they are, though. You might have to read the ingredients lists to tell whether they contain gelatine or not...

Also, I'd be tempted to move to Sweden if y'all showed the slightest interest in English-speaking Americans who have no marketable skills other than being able to teach math, since the idea of people who could (a) actually pronounce my name and not be baffled by how to spell it and (b) who had some kind of meaningful social safety net is mighty appealing...I could even annoy my several-generations-removed relatives by showing up and wanting to reconnect! (Growing up, the plan was always for me to get to go visit my Swedish relatives either after high school or after college. Then my parents divorced right before I entered high school, and the money just was never there for me to get to go to Europe for a summer, so I've still never been. I've never been further east than Idaho, actually, which I really need to fix one of these years.)
    Well, we do have a shortage of teachers, because, well, we don't give them the best working conditions because politics...

And I'm sorry to hear about the rest. I hope your conditions improve so you can come here some day.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2019-02-08 at 12:34 PM.

Show

25. - Top - End - #1195

You know, Sweden is a really tall country. Southernmost Sweden is pretty lame when it comes to winters. And daylight only until 20? Sheesh, I could never stand summers that dark![/dismissive Swede]
    You have my interest. Please, tell me more.
    There was a grand total of one. Unless you count "stupid cold" as a temperature conversion, in which case I'm pretty sure they're not.
    Every number. I'm converting in my head. And by "converting," I mean "guessing what seems accurate" for the vast majority of them.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, I file my taxes today and I going to receive money by 21 days and I got $25 for filing my taxes today.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

You have my interest. Please, tell me more.
    The Swedish west coast is pretty similar to the UK in climate, at least during the winter, so when it snows, it doesn't stick.

As for daylight hours, I live on the same latitude as the southern tip of Greenland. My ancestral farm, which I go to pretty much every holiday is further north than Zodi's hometown, and that's still south of the geographical center point of Sweden. Northernmost Sweden is north of the polar circle (although there's just one city up there, and it's a mining town). If you want long summer days, we can give you long summer days.

Every number. I'm converting in my head. And by "converting," I mean "guessing what seems accurate" for the vast majority of them.
    Ah, to be fair, I was only counting the one in that post.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1198

The Swedish west coast is pretty similar to the UK in climate, at least during the winter, so when it snows, it doesn't stick.

As for daylight hours, I live on the same latitude as the southern tip of Greenland. My ancestral farm, which I go to pretty much every holiday is further north than Zodi's hometown, and that's still south of the geographical center point of Sweden. Northernmost Sweden is north of the polar circle (although there's just one city up there, and it's a mining town). If you want long summer days, we can give you long summer days.
    Also long winter days. Long days in general. I want to minimize darkness. I suspect the winter corollary would displease me.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-02-08 at 01:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I can't possibly imagine why.

I know one of my classmates would send pictures home to his family in the prairies of the trees around here still having a few leaves on into November - until they told him to cut it out, or they wouldn't let him come back home for Christmas.

Yeah, I noticed that when visiting. There's definitely a lot more rain and moisture here, next to the ocean. For some strange reason.
    They have trees in the Prairies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    They have trees in the Prairies?
    Yep. They're twins.

Named Allan and Guthrie.