New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: [IC] Cayden's Cheerful Company; Chapter 1: Carnival of Tears

Drastia draws another arrow from her quiver. "That's your first reaction to seeing your companion's head roll towards you? As Food?"
    Last edited by Wind-Up Citrus; 2019-05-13 at 07:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

As you cease your attacks, you hear a loud and wet retching sound just a few feet north of you. Suddenly a huge mass of rats scurries towards you, biting, scratching and squeaking in a panicked frenzy as their tails are magically entangled to form a gigantic rat king (NSFW, viewer discretion is advised) from hundreds of rats, dealing 1 and 3 damage to Kouran and Clover respectively as the wave of rats engulfs you, biting you several times as you struggle to keep the creatures away.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 12 Fort save for Clover, Kouran is immune to the diseased rats, the rat swarm is 10x10 and engulfs Clover and Kouran as well as eating the corpses of the gremlins. Therin is on its edge, Drastia is gladly further away.

Drastia and Clover both realize swarms take additional damage from splash attacks such as fireballs, alchemist's fires or similar things.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-05-13 at 07:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Kouran stumbled back out of the rat horde spitting and swearing. "Run down the pig-man, but don't leave sight of us!" he called after Sparky as he attempted to deal with the horde with his woefully unsuitable weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Sparky knows the square right?

Sparky Charge Attack: (1d20+10)[12]
    Miss Chance: (1d100)[66]; >50 = success
    Damage: (1d8+7)[13]
    Trip: (1d20+11)[23]

Kouran will take a 5' step away from the others, in case it might lure the swarm away from them.

Attack: (1d20+12)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11] IIRC can't Precise Strike a Swarm

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Sparky charges forth and bites where the vomit hit the ground but he cannot latch onto the pig successfully. Kouran stabs an slashes against a few rats and reduces the size of the swarm considerably, mostly prompting many rats to scurry away instead of fighting on.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-05-14 at 03:11 AM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ack, little blighters..." Clover muttered to himself as a bit of blood oozed out of a bit in his hand. He nods to Kouran, leaving the rat king to him as he turns off to find the pig chef.

He follows the cayhound, and slashes at the air above it hoping to meet some resistance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna use Acrobatics to disengage the rats and move to Pigsy.
    (1d20+9)[23]

And then Rinse and Repeat the last two actions
    (1d20+7)[23] TH PA FF
    (1d8+9)[12] Damage
    I don't think I can stare at what I can't see so no bonus damage this round
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-05-14 at 11:46 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Therin tosses the dead gremlin into the oven, before heading back to where he dropped his previous tankard and haboo with a slight hustle.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Drastia has an idea in her head "Thank you so much Sparky." and with a flick of her wrist and a shout she casts Fairy Fire where the Cayhound said the Pig Man was.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Fairy Fire where Sparky said the Pig Man was.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

The board lets out a surprised shriek where just seconds ago he danced in front of Sparky's muzzle mooning the dog in the process. That's when the dog dragged him down stripping his pants and bit the revealed behind. Sparky is snarling right above him, drooling in the already hurt swine human. The pig in turn breaks concentration on its spell, letting the rat swarm disperse to fully concentrate on begging for his life.

Please call back your dog. the glittering cook begs. We are all but a distraction for you. We are thrown in the meat grinder fighting against you. He can't help but smile at his own pun. Our master's plan is a different one.

Swinomancer is superficially injured and stays laying on his belly, pants down. But he realizes his tactical disadvantage you assume. Sparky growls and snarls at the swine, you are not sure if this is characteristic for Cayhounds or if something in the fey triggered that behaviour. The dog adds: No touching this one. He smells evil. Think I ate some too.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Clover's eyes flit over the prostrated porcine, unconvinced. He points his sword at the pig's throat, and answers, "Alright, let us humor you for but a moment. Let us say we let you walk away. What would you do with yourself then?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[13] Sense Motive

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Probably go to my caravan and let this blow over. I don't know what I do then. I can only go into the woods and live there. Sparky is growling more and more, snapping at the man.

You believe him but you feel something different, his aura is unnatural, it decays the things he touches, warps them. It is different from the ice fey. His power is more ingrained in evil than in cold and heartlessness.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm with the dog on this one. Something like this guy isn't just going to go quietly into the night. He'll be back trying to kill people and make them into pies again before long." He doesn't see anything way the pigman could be anything but an evil burden on the world.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

"I cannot deny the judgement of Sparky." Drastia keeps a notched arrow straight at the pigman's head.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Kouran paused, looking like he might ask a question before shaking his head. "You're just a distraction, just a pawn. You think that lets you off the hook for who you are, and after what you've done? With that, he stabbed down at the pig-man with his rapier.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+14)[23] assuming he has a flank bonus with someone
    Damage: (1d6+11)[14]

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

The boar jumps up. And you guys call yourselves 'heroes'. He tries to flee [AoO for everyone except say Drastia because I assume she has her bow equipped]

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Before Clover can say anything, the pig is on his feet and running. Well, he had been planning to defer his fate to the dryad's wishes, but nothing could be done about that now. In unison, his and Kouran's blades flash forward, crossing over and separating the pig's head from his haunches. The head flies through the air, still squealing as it sails, landing in a fallen basket of apples where a piece of fruit finally plugs the pig's protestations.

Clover steps back and sighs, mops the sweat off of his brow and mops the gore off of his blade, positing, "Well, I can't say that wouldn't've been his fate eventually."

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

As the headless corpse falls, you can see a bit of thick blood seeping out of the stump. It is accompanied by maggots seemingly coming out of the pig's corpse as it slowly transforms back from a pig to a man. You all instinctively step a few feet back, but not Sparky. He is still aggressive, and something's off with him but as the smell of the dying maggot infested corpse hits him, he too vomits.

As you start to look around where to go next, you can hear indignant laughing and slow sarcastic clapping.

Spoiler: Peacock appears
    Show

Bravo, bra- vo. You slaughtered an innocent man. Cayden would be SO proud. the quickling mocks you after appearing a few feet next to you on top of the pie tent. He stands tall on top of the tent, only armed with a small dagger and his vile personality. But you recognize another item on his lapel. A beautiful flower made of ice, it is the Eye of Rapture. You must be brilliant tacticans butchering a poor baker four to one.

Sparky immediately barks at the small fey: If I could get to you, I would rip your heart out!

Spoiler: Arcana/Nature DC 12
    Show
    Sparky got cursed by biting the vile boar. His heart will slowly become more sinister and evil, it is not of immediate concern but you should do something about it after the carnival if you intend to keep him.

Spoiler: Sense Motive DC 20
    Show
    Peacock WANTS you to see that he has the Eye of Rapture even though this would break the spell and ruin his master's plan. Weird, huh?

Spoiler: Perception DC 15
    Show
    You probably can't climb the tent without it breaking but grabbing the flower could be possible.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-05-20 at 03:26 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Clover looks down at the man, a frown forming on the faun's face, and shrugs, "Ah, well, that's a shame. We'll have to drink to him later! Just a victim of circumstance well beyond his ken. But, if you think we're going to stand here and bend over backwards moralizing about it, then I think you've forgotten something..."

He unloops a wineskin from his belt, and takes a long, deep draught before tossing it aside and glaring at the interloper, finishing, "We don't work for Iomedae."

The satyr extends his hand towards his fellow fey and snaps his fingers, announcing, "I think I'll be taking that!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna stare at what's his face and also use Pilfering Hand to Steal the flower
    (1d20+8)[19] Pilfering Hand CMB

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am so sick of these fey and standing on tents while they mock us. Why don't you sit down and Have a Drink?" he yells before throwing the mug he was carrying at the fey.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

(1d20+8)[25]
    -2 for every 20 feet away from me he is after the first 20 feet.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Peacock struggles to dodge the pilfering hand but is so concentrated that the mug hits him square in the head. Ooooow, you know that hurts, don't you? Rude humans. As he pulls out a dotted handkerchief from the pocket next to the Eye of Rapture, he looses the flower.

As the flower goes down, suddenly Namdrin Quinn, the famed blade dancer appears next to you and casually crushes the Eye of Rapture in his left hand. Tell your master now that Tessa is free, our contract is null and void. The fey makes a surprised and angry face and leaves without saying a word, and quickly.

Kneeling over the shards of the ice flower, Namdrin starts to cry over them as they glow softly and slowly form the body of a beautiful human woman. namdrin carries her to a close trailer and returns with a white twig in his left hand. He gives it to Therin. Good shot, kid. Now, how about we stop the Coldrider? But his face is not happy or jolly but grimly determined.

Spoiler: DC 15 Heal
    Show
    Tessa seems alive, but she is a bit pale.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Kneeling over the shards of the ice flower, Namdrin starts to cry over them as they glow softly and slowly form the body of a beautiful human woman. namdrin carries her to a close trailer and returns with a white twig in his left hand. He gives it to Therin. Good shot, kid. Now, how about we stop the Coldrider? But his face is not happy or jolly but grimly determined.

Spoiler: DC 15 Heal
    Show
    Tessa seems alive, but she is a bit pale.

Would you care for some healing? You seem a little unhealthy.
    Drastia implored.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Drastia Stormsinger (Player): 1d20+8 dc heal = (18)+8 = 26

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Citrus View Post

Would you care for some healing? You seem a little unhealthy.
    Drastia implored.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Drastia Stormsinger (Player): 1d20+8 dc heal = (18)+8 = 26
    As you approach Namdrin and Tessa, he lets you examine her but you determine she is basically just hypothermic. The best you can do for now is leave her in a warm and cozy caravan and warming back up. After all her prison left her alive but it was made out of ice. She would benefit from healing magic, such as the wand of cure light wounds Namdrin just handed to Therin.

Regardless, Namdrin trusts in your good intentions but doesn't want you to touch his wife. Not after he waited so long for her to return, he is a bit paranoid in that regard. What you also realize is that the spell that the people are under is not instantly broken. The carnage continues.

Spoiler
    Show
    Freezing is basically nonlethal damage that becomes lethal once you reach zero and are unconscious. That said, she was trapped by a stasis spell so you can't tell why she is sleeping. Maybe she is under the spell of the Eye too.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think once we're healed up, we should be in as good a shape as we can be to go and put an end to this—unless you can think of a place we can finally get our hands on cold iron weapons. We've had a hell of a time trying to make do with steel."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

The fabled cold iron is mined deep underground in the Darklands - amidst dark elven slavers, duergar colonies and other vile abberations. Of course I have some lying around. Namdrin jokes but does not even lift the corner of his mouth. No, I am sorry you have to rely on fire. Have you tried torches? Regardless, you already stopped more than half of the gruesome work. You should prepare against their leader, the cold rider. Should we split up or should I stay with you? I am faster alone but you might prefer my blades at your side.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Clover frowns briefly at having his glory snatched away, but he shakes it off and smiles, putting out a hand in greeting, "I take it you're Mr. Quinn then? Pleasure to meet you at last, I've certainly heard... things."

After shaking the man's hand, the satyr leans back and looks around, "Well, I'm sure we can handle anything that comes our way. Why don't we, uh, split up for now. Might cover more ground that way and all that. Call you if we need you, aye?"

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Therin takes a few moments to look at the stick, before passing it to clover"I don't understand these things." he says plainly going to collect his own walking stick and cup he dropped earlier.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

I take it you haven't seen my blade dance then? I am insulted! Namdrin smirks. Alright, let's split up. I check on the sled ride, I recommend you either go look for my friend Gradzaal in the Labyrinth or check in on why trees are growing out of the ale tent. As your attention turns towards the ale tent of a second you realize there are indeed fully grown pines and firs growing out of it, some piercing the tent, some pushing it upwards.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oi!" Clover yells at the endangerment of the booze, "Those maniacs!"

He takes the wand, but, feeling no immediate connection, quickly passes it along to Drastia, before making a beeline in the direction of the tent.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    "Oi!" Clover yells at the endangerment of the booze, "Those maniacs!"

He takes the wand, but, feeling no immediate connection, quickly passes it along to Drastia, before making a beeline in the direction of the tent.
    "Wait for me Clover! The Booze needs to live for our enjoyments!" Drastia shouted as she ran behind Clover.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Therin grabs his stick and cup, and quickly starts to follow after the two. This was starting to get rather annoying.. He wondered how long this had been going on while they were just having chears and drinks before. "I swear if they replaced the alcohol with..

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

"Meet up at the labyrinth entrance when we're done?" Kouran asked Namdrin, clearly eager to join his other companions.