New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default On romance and starry nights.

Also subtitled "Lord above, that was the coolest thing Vinny has ever done. Ayyyy-ayyy-ayyy!"

Well, that scene just made me giggle. And laugh. And then smile. Vinny is the man, there's no question about that after this comic; five dwagons and three Archons ain't a bad score for any man after a hard day's work.

(Much less the fact that "Ayyyy" was the greatest comment in this comic so far. So much said in one word. It was truly poetic! )

So, while Vinny's off (and I just love his pose when the three appear around him!), Ansom and Jillian finally get together- or, as Vinny put it, " he nailed two Warlords and counting."

Man. What a comic. Erfworld doesn't make me laugh often- it's not that sort of comic- but this one was truly worth all the madness that's been going on this whole time. What a pay-off for devoted fans.

(And Vinny, but that's a different matter.)

So, what's everybody's opinion? I know Parson will pull Tool's bacon out of the fire- though I wish he wouldn't, I'd love to see the porker burn- but there lies the question. A fellow poster- who's name I can't remember, but kudos to you for this concept- said that there seems to be two camps of Erfworlders: those who appreciate story and, henceforth, Ansom's side, and those who appreciate the tactics and, henceforth, Parson's side. I'm curious as to your response on that, especially as regards this particular strip.

Myself? I couldn't care less what happens, so long as it's entertaining. May Ansom win and stand over the burning corpse of Gobwin Knob, or may Parson pull one last trick out of his hat and reign supreme!
    Noble Axeman of the Roy fanclub. Why?

Look at this face. That's why. That is one awesome face!

" MAMA'S BOY!"- Kefka cosplayer to Sephiroth cosplayer.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: On romance and starry nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlocke980 View Post
    So, what's everybody's opinion? I know Parson will pull Tool's bacon out of the fire- though I wish he wouldn't, I'd love to see the porker burn- but there lies the question. A fellow poster- who's name I can't remember, but kudos to you for this concept- said that there seems to be two camps of Erfworlders: those who appreciate story and, henceforth, Ansom's side, and those who appreciate the tactics and, henceforth, Parson's side. I'm curious as to your response on that, especially as regards this particular strip.
    I think you're referring to this thread started by Girl Wonder. (She stipulated up front that the distinction was an overly broad generalization; most readers appreciate both elements to some degree.)