New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: which character would you go out with?

Quote Originally Posted by hroşila View Post
    But he is pretty old. Then again, heir to empire is a nice position.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    But he is pretty old.
    I am told that everybody does not have a problem with that.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

I can confirm this.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

I think you ought put an age category on the straight male bit when you are talking about whether or not a guy and a girl can hang out when both are mutually available.

When I was a teen, I had a hard time ever hanging out with women one on one without worrying if it was a date and she was into me, relationship or otherwise.

By the time I joined the Navy (21), I had a solid understanding of the difference between "Lets go get something to eat" and "I want to spend time with you alone".

After College, went to an Adventure League session where the DM seemed to have a tough time differentiating the sexual aspect of a charm spell and the friendly aspect of a charm spell, when dealing with a female PC.

I think there is definitely a period where the fear of losing out on an opportunity for a relationship with a single female friend is greater then the general desire for friendship. It's just something that needs to be learned with regular interaction with friends.

That having been said, I almost got a tattoo of Therkla because of her story arc. I love her character and I think she foils Haley pretty well as a rogue-type that speaks her mind and desires outright and doesn't hold things in, but is still tactful in how she says things. I can get over the tusks.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Sabrine; I get sexual expertise and support women being proud of their sexual identity, but the power dynamics of her and Nale must be a nightmare to wade through. That's baggage I wouldn't want to waste time with. I'm sure the sex would be great but any talk in between would be so alien to my perspective of the world that I wouldn't even know how to relate to her.

Celia, assuming that Roy isn't in the picture anymore, would be a good ferryboat relationship. She's independent enough to not develop dependency or fret about commitment issues, but she isn't merciless and consumptive like Sabrine. I would have some problems talking with her about material plane shenanigans (For the hundredth time, I don't have levels in Sorcerer due to my hit dice), but I think I can relate to the Plane of Air better then I could to the Abyss.

I think I would give V space if I knew her. I don't really know how to deal with the whole global familicide thing. She's lucky she just got a divorce from the whole thing thus far (The gate blew up too, but lets be real here... that gate was going to blow as soon as the pyramid was uncovered). I would almost* consider V emotionally abusive to her friends and family, and while I love the intellect and perceptive knowledge she has at her finger tips, I don't think I would spend much time persuing something while she's clearly... y'know... dealing with some things right now...

She is kind of like the Sabrine Inverse, in this case.

(That is assuming that V is female and attracted to males)

*V regularly mocks and belittles the contributions of her teammates (though it's getting better, recently), puts the burden of her shortcomings on Durkon and Elan in DStP when she is clearly being self-destructive. Between Inkyrus introduction in... NCftPB(?) or Dungeon Crawling Fools, I forgot that she existed until the ABD showed up in DStP. Blackwing is Magically Bounded to V and found it belittling to speak common to her and when the closest analog to a thinking breathing person that you 'love' is treated like a class feature you forget you even have, it's hard to say that she has anything emotionally healthy to a relationship but a corrosive attitude toward her time. The only thing that puts a star by her emotional abuse is that she isn't going out of her way to hurt her friends, and is simply ignorant of their needs, emotionally, in lieu of her own.

5. - Top - End - #95

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    I can confirm this.
    It is that he is 4-5 times my age that makes it a little weird. For all of y'all that are 30-40, it is more reasonable.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

It is that he is 4-5 times my age that makes it a little weird. For all of y'all that are 30-40, it is more reasonable.
    Oh, just to be clear, I was referring to myself. Turns out going gray early wasn't so bad after all, if my wife's opinion on the subject counts for anything.
    Last edited by Ruck; 2019-01-07 at 08:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

The rule of thumb for what is weird is half your age plus seven.

Or to do it in reverse; your age minus seven, doubled.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post

No dating under 14?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    No dating under 14?
    The system tends to break down at extremes.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

So 32 to 86 for me.

A little sad that I'm too young for Elizabeth the Second but...

...Woo Hoo!

Look out Helen Mirren!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

this leads to some pretty bad results (a 20 year old should absolutely not be dating a 17 year old). the only rule should be as long as both parties are adults, and the age gap does not form some intrinsic imbalance of power (which only really is resolved at a case by case basis)
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    this leads to some pretty bad results (a 20 year old should absolutely not be dating a 17 year old). the only rule should be as long as both parties are adults, and the age gap does not form some intrinsic imbalance of power (which only really is resolved at a case by case basis)
    Absolutely? Disagree. I've a seen a few cases like that which were stable, but as a general rule of thumb I do agree with you do to having seen enough cases on the (ugh) side.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2019-01-07 at 09:24 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Son of A Lich! View Post
    I think you ought put an age category on the straight male bit when you are talking about whether or not a guy and a girl can hang out when both are mutually available.

When I was a teen, I had a hard time ever hanging out with women one on one without worrying if it was a date and she was into me, relationship or otherwise.

By the time I joined the Navy (21), I had a solid understanding of the difference between "Lets go get something to eat" and "I want to spend time with you alone".

After College, went to an Adventure League session where the DM seemed to have a tough time differentiating the sexual aspect of a charm spell and the friendly aspect of a charm spell, when dealing with a female PC.

I think there is definitely a period where the fear of losing out on an opportunity for a relationship with a single female friend is greater then the general desire for friendship. It's just something that needs to be learned with regular interaction with friends.

That having been said, I almost got a tattoo of Therkla because of her story arc. I love her character and I think she foils Haley pretty well as a rogue-type that speaks her mind and desires outright and doesn't hold things in, but is still tactful in how she says things. I can get over the tusks.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Sabrine; I get sexual expertise and support women being proud of their sexual identity, but the power dynamics of her and Nale must be a nightmare to wade through. That's baggage I wouldn't want to waste time with. I'm sure the sex would be great but any talk in between would be so alien to my perspective of the world that I wouldn't even know how to relate to her.

Celia, assuming that Roy isn't in the picture anymore, would be a good ferryboat relationship. She's independent enough to not develop dependency or fret about commitment issues, but she isn't merciless and consumptive like Sabrine. I would have some problems talking with her about material plane shenanigans (For the hundredth time, I don't have levels in Sorcerer due to my hit dice), but I think I can relate to the Plane of Air better then I could to the Abyss.

I think I would give V space if I knew her. I don't really know how to deal with the whole global familicide thing. She's lucky she just got a divorce from the whole thing thus far (The gate blew up too, but lets be real here... that gate was going to blow as soon as the pyramid was uncovered). I would almost* consider V emotionally abusive to her friends and family, and while I love the intellect and perceptive knowledge she has at her finger tips, I don't think I would spend much time persuing something while she's clearly... y'know... dealing with some things right now...

*V regularly mocks and belittles the contributions of her teammates (though it's getting better, recently), puts the burden of her shortcomings on Durkon and Elan in DStP when she is clearly being self-destructive. Between Inkyrus introduction in... NCftPB(?) or Dungeon Crawling Fools, I forgot that she existed until the ABD showed up in DStP. Blackwing is Magically Bounded to V and found it belittling to speak common to her and when the closest analog to a thinking breathing person that you 'love' is treated like a class feature you forget you even have, it's hard to say that she has anything emotionally healthy to a relationship but a corrosive attitude toward her time. The only thing that puts a star by her emotional abuse is that she isn't going out of her way to hurt her friends, and is simply ignorant of their needs, emotionally, in lieu of her own.
    Isn't V Genderqueer?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    Lmao, I'm just cracking up in that there's no reason for Xykon. Absolutely no reason at all.

Thieves' Guild people? (Bozzok, Crystal, Hank, etc). And yes, MiTD.

C'mon, dig the tusks.
    I added Bozzok and Crystal (both to the unattractive list).

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    No dating under 14?
    Well a 13 or 12 year old could go under 14. When you're young a year makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    I think a 17 year old is ok for a 20 year old.

We can agree to disagree - that's why the rule is great. It settles any disagreements with an unassailable ruling on the rightness of the matter.
    Last edited by Liquor Box; 2019-01-07 at 11:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

GreataxeFighterGirl

Think it's the psychological gap. A 35 and a 45 year-old would [probably] have gone through more phases of life together than a 15 and a 25 year old.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Kazumi- I mean in some world where Kazumi is single but still adorable.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    A little sad that I'm too young for Elizabeth the Second
    I find myself a little disappointed.

19. - Top - End - #109

That's why I put Sabine as silly and Celia as serious choice - of course I don't want to date someone as murderous as Sabine for real! The choice only makes sense if you apply some huge dosage of additional wish-fullfillment (i.e. handwave away a couple things said about her in the comic).

It's just that a girl who *lives* sexy, is proud of it, comfortable with it, and confident about it, is one of the hottest things on earth for some people.
    Also, being direct and no-nonsense is a huge plus. Two many feel the need to hide/neglect their sexuality and their desires - some even from themselves - which I and others feel is a turndown.
    Some men like the "inexperienced virgin" stereotype, and generally spoken, that is HUGELY overblown in media, as if that would be the ideal every man wishes - ideally getting a virgin wife. Which just isn't true for quite a lot of boys and men, who WANT females with experience and fun with sex, but media mostly ignore, or downright demonize this kind of females....

Anyway, i don't get what you said about power stuff between Nale and Sabine - I got the impression these two go well together.
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I heard Blue is the color of irony on the internet.

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.
    Want to see my prison tatoo?

*Branded for double posting*
    Sometimes, being bad feels so good.

20. - Top - End - #110

Flumph

So 32 to 86 for me.

...Woo Hoo!

Look out Helen Mirren!
    I considered putting together a Movie night with various Movies where Helen Mirren has nude scenes, at different ages. She definitely aged well.
    (the most recent such Movie I am aware of is Calendar Girls, which I suppose has aged a bit too now...).

21. - Top - End - #111

Definitely Roy, but I'm also the gay version of Elan soooooooo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

22. - Top - End - #112

Oh defintely, Roy is the coolest! Though, we do have the opportunity to see him as a woman. And unfortunately his physical appearance is not my type.....Glad he has fans though! Guy deserves it!
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I heard Blue is the color of irony on the internet.

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.
    Want to see my prison tatoo?

*Branded for double posting*
    Sometimes, being bad feels so good.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

So 32 to 86 for me.

...Woo Hoo!

Look out Helen Mirren!
    Happy 5-0!
    Last edited by Ruck; 2019-01-08 at 12:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Happy 5-0!

Thanks @Ruck!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

I would either go with Laurin because I like smart girls and she does have some really nice features though considering she has a husband, it sounds unlikely that it would work.

My second pick would be either Minrah or Lien. They both seem like really nice girls. I would love to learn more about about either one. A long and nice converstion sounds like a great date to me.

And my last pick would be Elan. The dude sounds like a lot of fun even if he isnt the smartest.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quebbster View Post
    I considered putting together a Movie night with various Movies where Helen Mirren has nude scenes, at different ages. She definitely aged well.
    (the most recent such Movie I am aware of is Calendar Girls, which I suppose has aged a bit too now...).

I saw "Calender Girls", and the acting was superb!

A Helen Mirren/Harvey Keitel film pairing seems obvious to me, both for their um...

....expressiveness!

Dame Mirren waa imprinted on me early with Excalibur which had Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson as well, and all should be in the "Live action" film of Order of the Stick.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    I would either go with Laurin because I like smart girls and she does have some really nice features though considering she has a husband, it sounds unlikely that it would work.
    Does she? I remember a daughter being mentioned, but not a husband.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymosy View Post
    That's why I put Sabine as silly and Celia as serious choice - of course I don't want to date someone as murderous as Sabine for real! The choice only makes sense if you apply some huge dosage of additional wish-fullfillment (i.e. handwave away a couple things said about her in the comic).

It's just that a girl who *lives* sexy, is proud of it, comfortable with it, and confident about it, is one of the hottest things on earth for some people.
    Also, being direct and no-nonsense is a huge plus. Two many feel the need to hide/neglect their sexuality and their desires - some even from themselves - which I and others feel is a turndown.
    Some men like the "inexperienced virgin" stereotype, and generally spoken, that is HUGELY overblown in media, as if that would be the ideal every man wishes - ideally getting a virgin wife. Which just isn't true for quite a lot of boys and men, who WANT females with experience and fun with sex, but media mostly ignore, or downright demonize this kind of females....

Anyway, i don't get what you said about power stuff between Nale and Sabine - I got the impression these two go well together.
    I think that whole "Virgin Wife" thing is marketing to pre-teen boys, largely. A dude who isn't sure if he knows how to do the sex wants a partner who is less experienced then he is and submissive. I think this also plays a lot into the inverse of the "Sparkling Vampire" where preteen girls look for guys that they feel a sense of predation that is reserved due to overwhelming feelings of love.

I agree that a Woman that is expressive in her sexuality and is proud of her sexual identity is appealing.... but there are a lot of women in the world that are sexual expressive and not people that I could spend more then an hour with. It's a perk, not a requirement. I'm always hesitant to pursue a woman that is over 20 with her virginity (Though I have made exceptions in the past), simply because I think looking for marriage without testing your sexual compatibility is sweet, but naive. I also don't want to feel like I'm pushing her to do something she isn't comfortable with and sex is a pretty high bar. But on the other side, if she simply hasn't had a partner (Lives at home and never had availability, or bad relationships that shes ditched before they could get intimate, that sort of thing) that takes a load of my mind, but i'm not exactly eager to be in bed with a student. And society does put a lot of value on your 'first', and that kind of raises expectations a lot.

But I'm rambling on gender theory here, so lets get back to Sabrine.

I assumed we would have to hand wave a bunch of things (Like the negative energy drain and the possibility of being murdered afterward), but she is emotionally tied up in Nale tight. At that point, if you are looking for more then a one night stand, you are dating her AND Nale.

And just to remind you, Nale is completely unstable. She may be chaotic evil and he might be lawful evil, but that's where they foil each other best (Nale doesn't plan out what he wants from his excursions, Sabrine helps keep him on track of the bigger picture). Are there forms that shes willing to take for Nale that are off limits to you? Nale is cool with her sleeping around, but that doesn't mean he's cool With you specifically. Remember how he tried to kill his twin brother for the simple fact that he existed? You are sleeping with the love of that guys life, and she holds no loyalty to you.

And, from my perspective, One night stands are like wax fruit. Sure, it'll fill you up, but it's not going to really satisfy anything.

Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    Isn't V Genderqueer?
    V is also 2 dimensional with no genitalia (that has ever been shown, featured or talked about). If we're talking about who we would date, and V is Male, then I'm significantly less attracted to him. If she is female, then... well... I'd still give her space, but I would be open in the future to a few dates to test the waters. If she's not attracted to men, well then it's no sweat off of my back. I'd be just as interested in working out his/her issues as a friend in that case.

29. - Top - End - #119

BlueWizardGirl

V is also 2 dimensional with no genitalia (that has ever been shown, featured or talked about).
    Not quite correct.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

... Touche...

But I would argue that those aren't V's natural genitalia. Can we rule out that her gender wasn't changed with the polymorph? But, I concede your point. V's Genitals have been talked about before in OotS. :D