Default Re: Into the Borderlands (5e)

Haranna nods. "Agreed. No sense picking fights we don't need to."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_p View Post
    Haranna nods. "Agreed. No sense picking fights we don't need to."
    "That's my life philosophy!" Amber nods agreement.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

The Adventures of Amber Yarrowhill, IC and OOC

In the Hands of an Angry God June 2017 - November 2018. RIP.

My Player Registry Entry

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Dravakar grunts out an agreement while he works his earth spell, not really able to contribute to the conversation fully as his full attention is on the casting.

4. - Top - End - #154

Dravakar completes his work and another fjord is completed to cross the river. The fey seem to have moved on not wishing to fight your stout group but you cannot shake the thought that there are eyes upon you as you cross.

You find yourselves in the thick of the Fell Fens. To the south of you, the fens thin out and open back up to the Ravenwood Forest. To the east and southeast, the fens continue. Far enough to the southeast is the Spiderwood, a large stand of tamarack trees.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Ayslam pauses as they finish their crossing and struggles for a moment before finding the words Do you think I should stay in the air awhile? I might spot something ahead of us that could give trouble otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

6. - Top - End - #156

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Ayslam pauses as they finish their crossing and struggles for a moment before finding the words Do you think I should stay in the air awhile? I might spot something ahead of us that could give trouble otherwise.
    Dravakar takes a long swig of water, tired after such a strenuous bout of casting. After refilling his waterskin, he looks about with a critical eye and answers Ayslam - Ye'd also show anyone who's lookin' 'zactly where we are, too. I say keep down unless we need ya up in the air.

He dusts his hands and then hefts his weapons, readjusting them so they hang more comfortably. Peering towards the depths of the Fens he rolls his shoulders, eager to press on.

7. - Top - End - #157

Haranna keeps an eye on the area where the fey were gathering as Dravakar finishes his casting. Once the crossing is complete, she claps him on the shoulder in acknowledgement and thanks before making her way to the far side, ahead of the others.

8. - Top - End - #158

ElfRogueGirl

Amber listens to the tactics talk around her and nods agreement with what sounds good to her. She takes a deep breath, slowly lets it out, and keep her crossbow ready.
    I say we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find. And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind. We can dance.

My Player Registry Entry

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

stands still for a moment, tilts his head back, extends his arms to his sides with his palms facing the sky, closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, and says:

"It smells new a different here now, what wonders await us"?!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

10. - Top - End - #160

Which direction do you head in?

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

11. - Top - End - #161

Planetar

Dravakar looks at his companions and squints in the distance. Shall we press on deeper, then? Or perhaps we should see if we can pick up yon trail of the faeries who dog us?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Ayslam points in the general direction they were headed Let's leave the little folk alone for now. They didn't seem to mean us any harm and we have a Marsh to get to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

13. - Top - End - #163

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Ayslam points in the general direction they were headed Let's leave the little folk alone for now. They didn't seem to mean us any harm and we have a Marsh to get to.
    Dravakar sucks on his teeth, then spits casually. Aye, they mean no harm, but maybe they know of the elf we seek?

14. - Top - End - #164

Haranna rolls her shoulders briefly, stretching, then glances back at Dravakar. "If they're going to hide from us, how do you suggest we talk to them? I mean, my voice can carry but it t'would be a one-sided conversation," she adds with a quick grin.

15. - Top - End - #165

ElfRogueGirl

Amber walks a bit close to the conversation, and speaks up for the first time in awhile.

"If they're avoiding us they may not react well if someone approaches. Rolen did say they're dangerous if they feel cornered." She casts a quick glance in the elf ranger's direction, then looks back at the others again and adds, "They may not even speak a language we know."

My Player Registry Entry

16. - Top - End - #166

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
    Amber walks a bit close to the conversation, and speaks up for the first time in awhile.

"If they're avoiding us they may not react well if someone approaches. Rolen did say they're dangerous if they feel cornered." She casts a quick glance in the elf ranger's direction, then looks back at the others again and adds, "They may not even speak a language we know."
    Dravakar nods in agreement with both Haranna and Amber's input. I don't disagree with either o'ya, but we can't 'xactly corner them faeries out here in the wilds, no? As fer language, we I'm sure we speak a fair few 'mongst us. Last resort we offer 'em some gold or food, show our good intentions.

17. - Top - End - #167

I'm still here.

Actions?

18. - Top - End - #168

"Good points," Haranna says, after musing a moment. She glances at Ayslam. "From what you saw, I have an idea they might be nixies. I can head over carefully, try not to scare them?" She shrugs. "I know a little sylvan."

19. - Top - End - #169

Planetar

"Good points," Haranna says, after musing a moment. She glances at Ayslam. "From what you saw, I have an idea they might be nixies. I can head over carefully, try not to scare them?" She shrugs. "I know a little sylvan."
    Aye, give it a go, lass.

20. - Top - End - #170

Haranna glances at the others briefly, then nods.

Making her way slowly in the direction the fae had last been noticed, she calls out carefully in sylvan. "Greetings? We hope to speak with you, have your help with some questions."

21. - Top - End - #171

Haranna glances at the others briefly, then nods.

Making her way slowly in the direction the fae had last been noticed, she calls out carefully in sylvan. "Greetings? We hope to speak with you, have your help with some questions."
    It seems long tense minutes before Haranna hears a voice coming from the reeds where the ground and water meet. "What is it you seek? And what is it you can give to us for our assistance?"

22. - Top - End - #172

ElfRogueGirl

Immediately intrigued by the voice of the unseen speaker and its lilting language, Amber moves closer. She stops at what she hopes is a respectful distance from the conversation, with her head tilted as she listens intently. Her lips occasionally move silently, as she attempts to imitate the Sylvan syllables quietly to herself.

My Player Registry Entry

23. - Top - End - #173

Glad to have engaged the creatures, Haranna glances back at the others, looking encouraged before speaking. ”Have you encountered an elf passing this way, before us? Or is there anything you can tell us about what lies ahead of us, continuing in this direction?” She asks in sylvan.

24. - Top - End - #174

We have answers for you, the fae says. But is there something you can do for us in return for this information?

25. - Top - End - #175

"I regret that I don't know what you may seek. What would you ask of us?" Haranna replies.

26. - Top - End - #176

One of our own is missing and we fear she has been captured by the bullywugs of the reed maze and is a prisoner of theirs now. We will gladly help you in your search if you would rescue her for us. The bullywugs are far too aggressive and well-equipped for us to go in there, but perhaps you who are larger and much better able to tackle them...?

27. - Top - End - #177

Planetar

Dravakar nudges Haranna, intuiting that the conversation was going well; no arrows had been fired as yet nor voices raised. Good job, lass, looks like ye've got yerself a honeyed tongue.

He smiles over at the nixie, sketching a rough bow, hoping its appropriate.

28. - Top - End - #178

Haranna gives Dravakar a nod of acknowledgement before turning to the others with a frown on her face. ”So, it seems that one of their people is missing in the reed maze,” she says in common. “They’ll help us but they’d like our help in return. There may be bullywugs involved.”

“I see no reason not to help,” she adds, simply.

29. - Top - End - #179

ElfRogueGirl

Amber turns her attention to Haranna and listens, her eyes narrowing a little bit at the request of the little flying ones.

"What, exactly, is a bullywug?"

My Player Registry Entry

30. - Top - End - #180

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
    Amber turns her attention to Haranna and listens, her eyes narrowing a little bit at the request of the little flying ones.

"What, exactly, is a bullywug?"
    Dravakar nods his assent at Haranna's suggestion that they help. It was a sensible suggestion; any allies in the frontier were welcome, even if they didn't share a tongue. He then shrugs in Amber's direction.

Don't think it matters much, now does it? Some mud jumping marsh fiend I s'ppose. Nothing that a few stabbings and magickings can't take care of, eh?

Back to Haranna he asks Them nixie's say where this maze be? Should we just follow 'em?