New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 92: Generosity, Love, Opportunity, Growth

Entering Camp]

Domhnall folds his arms and tilts his head at the drawing.
    ”I hope not. I’m far more red than anything else.” He’s more of a dun really, at least from the waist down.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Camp]

"Mmhm." Annie starts to trace out a rough outline of Domhnall. "I don't have your colour. I need the big crayon box." This standard size crayon box is a disgrace. She looks at him some more and pulls out a couple more crayons.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

[Entering Camp]

Reelshka glances over at Domhnall.

"How about we show Domhnall the daycare so you can get the big crayon box, Annie? He should see it if he's going to be helping around here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Camp]

”Aye, ya can show me around if you’d like.”
    Domhnall doesn’t actually know what a crayon is, so he assumes it just be the things she’s holding.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Camp]

Annie looks at her picture, then at both of them. Big crayon box... "Okay." She decides and puts the crayons she had out away. She stands, stoops over, and manages to get the thick stack of paper back into her arms.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

[Entering Camp ==> Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka glances down at the thick sheaf of paper in Annie's hands. She doesn't actually need all this paper, so she's just greedy. Well, no use scolding her further right now.

"You really do like drawing, don't you, Annie?" Turning back to Domhnall, she says: "We ended up with a pretty busy daycare. People leave their children here to be looked after. This place always had plenty of children, we just made it more official later. So anyone who can keep an eye on a handful of curious and mobile children will be of great help. Many of them will probably want to get on your back, too."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"Different things can make a family," Sophie points out. "Birth, circumstance or choice. In your case, you've got several people living not under one roof, but inside one head. If it's not a family, it's definitely a close-knit relationship. And it comes with its own issues. Like the reason why you're here... because you were 'stuck' as the body's occupant for quite a while."
    [Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"W-w-well yes, but- but that was- th-the circumstances were-" Lucy stammers, tripping over her own words. "I-it's not something that normally happens. A-and it won't happen again. We'll- we'll stay safe."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Domhnall nods.
    ”Fair ‘nuff. They’re free to ask. But they better hang on if they want a ride. I can’t see from back there if they fall off. Not if I want to see where I’m goin’.” he jokes, looking about the cabin.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"Will you?" Sophie's tone is as calm as ever, but the question is suddenly poignant. It's aimed to cut through Lucy's justifications like a sharp knife through paper and make her confront uncomfortable facts. "You cannot control when such circumstances will happen. A moment of great stress and fear might happen regardless of what you do. What you can control if whether or not you'll be ready for it."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-02 at 05:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Uh huh. I love drawing. Obi says I'm the best drawer." She nods proudly. "Obi says to draw lots and lots of pictures. Then I can show mommy the camp."

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"We should probably have a grown-up watching them in any event," Reelshka says as they enter the main building of the daycare. The former Sapling Cabin is now a communal play area. "Go ahead and get more crayons, Annie. And put that paper back. It's good that you want to show your mom the camp. It's pretty and she might not be able to see it otherwise."

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"I'm eighteen, Ma'am. Plenty grown up." Domhnall pouts, in exactly the way most teenagers do when they insist that they're plenty grown up.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [GLoG Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Well, better put it on, then." Anchor instructs. "And then I suppose we can bring you outside."
    She does not find Mintaka funny, and gives no further reaction. What a troubling patient.
    "As you wish. I can't recommend you helping her."
    "Now, nothing is going to help you as much as getting some light, correct?"
    GLoG Infirmary

"Correct." Mintaka says, pressing a tab on her bracelet. Hardly a breath afterward and a suit of deep silver wraps around her body. The suit is loose at first, but quickly tightens to her skin before a series of half a dozen jet nozzles sprout from the backs of her legs and arms, with a larger pair at her shoulder blades. All seem capable of being manipulated, and provided there is a proper environment for such, should provide flight or at least control in a Zero-G atmosphere. She holds her palm up during the last moment of her suit's deployment, allowing a raygun straight out of an 80's Pulp magazine to fall into her hand so she can put it away at her waist. Presumably the collar around her neck would allow her to deploy a helmet of some sort, but for the moment she lets it be. The shining law enforcement symbol is right in front for all to see.

All in all, it's a horrible suit for protection considering it doesn't even cover all of her chest, but it certainly attracts attention and seems to have some sort of utility. With some minor tweaking, the long sleeves shrink to short ones and she gives a final nod. "Alright, I think I can head on out now."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Annie goes to the cupboard where the art supplies are stored. She puts her insufficient box of crayons and the stack of papers on the floor and opens it up. "They're not here!" She complains loudly.

Oh, but they're not the only ones here. Two young girls are chattering to each other in the corner. Two of that group of four tiefling girls. Reelshka might know the name of the four quadruplets, but chances are she doesn't know which two these are...

The girls each have a stick they've stripped of bark and are colouring on with... crayons! Annie marches over to them. Yes, they have the big box! "That's mine." She interjects before grabbing the box.

"Hey stop!" One of the girls tries to grab at the box. "Give it back!" The other girl grabs Annie's arm.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Reelshka blinks and proceeds to clear things up.

"I meant another grownup, to watch them while they're on your back- oh dear." She sees and hears the fight that's about to break out. She strides towards the three children, intent on nipping it in the bud. "There's no need to fight, girls," she says, without raising her voice but with the parental tone that makes it clear she means business. "There's plenty of crayons for everyone here."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Infirmary]

Is that really what her uniform looks like? Goodness. Well, she is from another world. Maybe it's more...something in their fashion.
    Anchor steps over to Mintaka and reaches out to help guide the alien officer towards the door. Given what we've seen so far, Mintaka would probably hurt herself trying to walk too soon after all that time spent still.
    "Good. This should be a lot better than the skylight. Now, are you familiar at all with this world you've ended up on?" It can be a surprise to people, and it sounds like she's been tied up by Leap this whole time.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #617
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    The girl looks at him finally. There's an impatient air about her. "Annie. Who are you?"
    [Daycare]

Asher remains strong! He won't cry! He won't... well, he'll quickly wipe the tears that might have started to form, by looking away and letting his wing take care of cleaning duty. "I'm Asher. I j-j-just wanted to be friendly..."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daycare]

Annie's brow furrows, a confused look crossing her face. "Why do you talk like that?"

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Domhnall doesn’t say anything, but he does give Reelshka a questioning look. Does she want him to do something? Or does she want him to let her handle it?

20. - Top - End - #620
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"Of course I can control it! We just don't go anywhere dangerous. Ever. S-Sylvess can just stay with Spako and be happy and nothing bad will ever happen again!"

Well, that's just childish.

"N-nothing. N-n-nothing bad. Ever again."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

The kids all freeze. All three of them know that classic mom tone very well. Orlane let's go and sits back down, but Rosabel isn't so ready to back down. "She's taking our crayons!"

"I need the big box. There's only one!" As far as Annie knows at least. She's only seen one.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Daycare]

Annie's brow furrows, a confused look crossing her face. "Why do you talk like that?"
    [Daycare]

Asher turns to her and notes her confused look, then simply shrugs. "Dunno. M-Momma said it's cute, though." He simply replies. He's idly pulled up some plasticine and started playing with it.
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

"Annie, you can just take the crayons you need from the box and them put them back," Reelshka says in a slow, patient but firm tone. Annie is the one being greedy here, so she has to start with her. "There's no need to take the whole box from Rosabel and Orlane."

[Dragon Therapy - Lucy]

"You didn't think Riverside would be dangerous when you went there, did you?" Sophie is still gentle but relentless. "You can't lock yourself up in a tower with Spako and avoid anything bad ever happening again, Lucy. You can't do this to yourself, Sylvess, Spako or any of the others."

[Ironoak Cabin]

Anyone looking for Reelshka will find her there, having just put her twins down in their beds. Balthuk seems to be dozing off, but Maltrika appears to be in no hurry to sleep, instead intently turning around a cloth ball that jingles every time she moves it.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Ruth knocks the door, the fact that she waits to be let in possibly alerting Reelshka to the fact that it's her. She's her usual self, no wings in sight. "Hello, Reelshka, it has been a while. Is that new life I sense?"
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Oh, hello, Ruth," Reelshka says, after hurrying to open the door and let Ruth inside. "It has been a while, but Asher has come over already to meet Tuskfang. And yes, I had twins not long ago." She beams with pride.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-09 at 09:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Oh, hello, Ruth," Reelshka says, after hurrying to open the door and let Ruth inside. "It has been a while, but Asher has come over already to meet Tuskfang. And yes, I had twins not long ago." She beams with pride.
    [Ironoak Cabin]

Ruth beams at the confirmation that there are indeed children, twins even! She hurries inside so she can look at the little ones, making little appreciative cooing sounds as she watches the baby play with the ball of cloth. "What are their names?"
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

The woblin looks up at Ruth curiously, not letting go of her ball. Upon closer inspection, her eyes are very much like those of a goblin. Her ears are also more like furry goblin ears than the kind of wolf-ears Tuskfang has.

"She's named Maltrika, and her brother is Balthuk. We decided to use goblin first names this time. They can still earn Wolfen ones when they grow up, if they want to."

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

The Yew

On a moonless, cloudy night, the yew shivers and shakes; it looks like it's being buffeted by hurricane-force winds, or possibly bouncing in an earthquake... Yet the night is still, and the ground, stable. Still, it writhes, the roots ripping free from the ground and dragging the trunk across the ground to the point where the fence around the tree is closest. The roots wrap around the fence posts and pull, ripping the fence out of the ground before the tree slowly and awkwardly drags itself away, towards the highest point of the camp. It sticks to the dirt, avoiding paved areas and the cabins. It'll take the old yew quite a while to reach the top of its chosen hill, and there it plunges its roots into the ground and grows still, ceasing its laborious movement.

When dawn arrives, the tree is one of the first things to catch the sun's rays, and a girl falls out of the trunk. She's naked, unconscious, and about nineteen. She's got skin the colour of the yew's bark, dark green hair and her eyes- were she awake- would be the red of yew berries. It's been a while, but Baccata has recovered from her brief stint of death, or mostly.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #629
    Bugbear in the Playground

Potential New Person

Somebody new approaches the camp, headed towards the main lodge. She heard that's where she ought to go, right?

She's blond. Long blond hair. Mismatched eyes. Sword in a sheath. Tall, for a human woman. Like, imagine the average human male height? That's her height. She looks like she works out, but only for fun. She also looks like she's walked a long way to get here (guess she missed the train, I suppose). And she's...20 or so years old? And there's a pamphlet in her hand, too? It's talking about GLoG, but is obviously pretty old because it doesn't even mention this campground.

The woman, Melissa, heads into the lodge looking for someone.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

[The Yew]

Sophie is hurrying towards the yew when Baccata emerges from it. Even though Ruth had assured her Baccata wasn't dead, the Solar still felt extremely guilty over essentially leading the dryad to her death. She needs to make sure she's okay.