New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default The Ascent of Magic

Hey guys,

The Ascent of Magic is my sisters webcomic that she's been updating weekly for threeish years with unfortunately very low readership. It's a blend of Star Trek and D&D and I really love it and would love to see more people give it a try! OOTS has been our favorite comic since forever and was her main inspiration in making her own.

Here's the link to the quick introduction but if you prefer the 15 page slow version push the << arrow. https://www.ascentofmagic.com/?comic...k-introduction

It's also worth noting that as with a lot of webcomics the art gets a lot better as she goes. https://i.imgur.com/22aauJI.png is a quick christmas wallpaper she did as an example of her more recent stuff :)

Thanks for looking!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Ascent of Magic

A d&d world gets into space travel, could be interesting. I read the first 45, their away team needs more combat potential! Anyway art isn't super pretty but fulfills its purpose, story seems entertaining enough to read more of it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Fun concept, cohesive worldbuilding, pretty solid humor. I like it.

The characters page could use a little fleshing out, perhaps with each character's specialty, or what makes them unique from others of their character class. A comic with this many characters needs a good reference. It could even be a minimal in-universe dossier compiled from the point of view of one of the factions. That would be awesome.

I also really like the magic technobabble.

The RSS won't work with my reader, though that issue may just be feedreader being janky again. I'll just check back manually for now.
    "The error is to be human"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Thanks for reading guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post
    The characters page could use a little fleshing out, perhaps with each character's specialty, or what makes them unique from others of their character class. A comic with this many characters needs a good reference. It could even be a minimal in-universe dossier compiled from the point of view of one of the factions. That would be awesome.
    I'll pass this on, great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post
    The RSS won't work with my reader, though that issue may just be feedreader being janky again. I'll just check back manually for now.
    I just installed feedreader to check it out and it seems to be working for me. Is it just not linking or not displaying the comic properly?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Happygiraffe View Post
    I just installed feedreader to check it out and it seems to be working for me. Is it just not linking or not displaying the comic properly?
    It works now, I have no idea what changed.

On today's comic, I was pleasantly surprised that the conspiracy wasn't as thin as I (and Captain Walker) assumed it was. The Admiral is getting to be one of my favorites, how she effortlessly dominates any conversation, floating menacingly - looming over whoever she is talking to in almost every panel.
    "The error is to be human"