New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default WFRP1e: Wizard Help: Coloured Magic or Wood Elf Mage

Hey all,
    Not sure if this is the right place. I am also posting on Strike to Stun.

I'm new to this system. I could use some advice. Specifically on building a wizard. I rolled a Wood Elf. My DM is giving me a choice. I can play regular wizard out of the main book and then go to one of the coloured ones out of Realms of Sorcerer after I finish 3rd level. That would have the advantages of: colour specific spells, I could advance up to a 5th level wizard. Which would mean more mana points and my level dependent variables in spells would increase. Fireball is my bread and butter spell, that would allow me to throw up to 5 with a single casting. Also spells would last longer like buffs and such.

Or

I can go the Wood Elf Mage route from Realms of Sorcery. Besides better skills, I would gain in addition to Battle Magic spells, Tree Songs (limited nature themed rituals), and an ability to try to summon Dryads to help. However I can only go up to 4th level that way. Plus it would be way more expensive.

The DM might also allow a spell to be cast per A(attack), that would also favor the coloured because they get an attack advance.

Any advice on spells and other choices. I don't know the system or the world well at all. Most of this is retconning my guy a bit since he's already a 2nd wizard.

If you know a better set of forums or where to look please let me know.

Thanks,
    Glarnog
    Last edited by Glarnog; 2019-01-24 at 07:47 PM.