New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Dominions 5 - New game signups LA FFA

OK, now that the previous game has concluded, I am launching signups for a new Late Age FFA game for Dom 5, and we shall be recruiting people from 2 forums for hopefully a larger game!

We're going to do something a little different with the draft rather than first-come-first-served, so we have 2 options:

1) Total random draft, where after we finish signups, we actually have true random nations, and I RNG assign nations to people (with possibilities for veto/trading nations)

2) Random pick order, where after signups are finished, I random an order and then we just go 1 at a time.

Anyway, signups are open, I shall keep the OP here updated with participants!

Current Participants:

Codex:

Dayyalu
    Isiloon
    Squeecoo
    Bing Xi Lao

GITP:

Olinser
    Lord Khaine
    Manticoran
    The Hellbug
    Nadevoc (Xenik)
    Houlio
    Thrantar
    Last edited by Olinser; 2019-02-03 at 10:47 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominions 5 - New game signups LA FFA

I'm in as long as I don't get random-passed LA R'lyeh. Making somone randomly play them seems like it's probably against the Geneva Convention.

I'd also have strong preference not to play Bogarus or Patala, but mostly just because I think they're warmed over garbage on a level far below the other LA nations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I'm in. I'd like to pick my team, I think.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    I'm in as long as I don't get random-passed LA R'lyeh. Making somone randomly play them seems like it's probably against the Geneva Convention.

I'd also have strong preference not to play Bogarus or Patala, but mostly just because I think they're warmed over garbage on a level far below the other LA nations.
    Well if we were to do RNG I imagine we would let people have 1 veto/reroll, but it doesn't sound like there's much enthusiasm for a true random game anyway.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #5

Lizardfolk

I’m in, And I have no preference between selection options.
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am in. Slight preference towards random nations.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Killer! Added you both in - although it sounds like there's not a lot of enthusiasm for the full on random idea, so maybe we'll leave that for next game.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

8. - Top - End - #8

Yeah, I figured most people probably have a lot more preference towards/against various nations than I do

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

How many players?
    What map and throne settings?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrantar View Post
    How many players?
    What map and throne settings?
    Don't know yet. We're up to 8 right now, throne settings will be pending how many players are participating. If I had to guess I'd say we probably are looking at 10-12 total players.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2019-02-02 at 05:44 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Well with players from both forums, we're up to 11 now!

I don't think we'll get more than 1 or 2 more, so what's everybody's thoughts on a map and throne settings?

I'm liking the only level 1/2 thrones idea myself, and am thinking something like 12 level 1s, 8 level 2s (28 points total), with 16 points for the win.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Isiloon is in, and he would like to begin the game and kick ass.

Who will be the first victim of my power this is the question I want to know

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm liking the only level 1/2 thrones idea myself, and am thinking something like 12 level 1s, 8 level 2s (28 points total), with 16 points for the win.
    No level three thrones sounds good to me. I swear they're weighted to show up in someone's cap circle and screw with start positions.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I got burned last time. That seems like a reasonable number of thrones, but if we're on a choke-point-y hell-hole like that map from the 2v2v2v2v2v2 we just started, it'll need to be fewer so I'm not committing on that yet.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Well map wise lets start by nailing down approximately how many provinces we want.

So it looks like we're at 11, with more unlikely at this point, there were a couple more but I think unlikely to join.

So at 11 people in a FFA I'm kind of thinking approximately 200 provinces with maybe 20 water. I don't really see any map that strikes my fancy at this time, so most likely we'll need an RNG map.

Other thoughts or suggestions?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #16

This seems reasonable to me. It might be helpful to set up another Discord for discussion so we can include both forums.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I would like a bit more than 20 water.
    There is a lot of LA nations who can go UW.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

And KoolNoodles has joined, bringing us up to a respectable total of 12 for this FFA.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Gielinor World Map 2.0 is perhaps a bit large at 270 land, but it looks nice.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Gielinor World Map 2.0 is perhaps a bit large at 270 land, but it looks nice.
    Yeah that's definitely WAY too big. Its 276 land and 76 sea. That's 352 provinces for 12 people that's more than a 'bit' large.

For better inter-forum coordination I have created a discord HERE: https://discord.gg/A7CmsWD
    Last edited by Olinser; 2019-02-05 at 02:32 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!