New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    ...have you met me? No I wouldn't! She's still Beast III!
    I didn't mean you you, but a general you referring to all players.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So lately i've burned all of my summoning tickets on the Story banner, because I hate myself want some of the 3-star Story-only Servants. Mostly Caster Cu and Bedivere. I know that there's easier ways to get them on other banners that feature them, but this is a compromise that i've made to myself at least until I get NP 5 versions of them.

Anyway, I dumped all of my monthly summoning tickets into the Story banner like I typically do....and I got NP2 Lancer Artoria. Someone that I actually really wanted to get NP2 on due to how easy it is to charge her NP bar...and just last week I got Quetz on a "riot against the norm" 10xroll.

Are we sure that the Story Banner is as much of a cesspool of disappointment and despair as we have been conditioned to believe?

It is, I've just been absurdly lucky this week
    Last edited by Leecros; 2019-06-01 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    So lately i've burned all of my summoning tickets on the Story banner, because I hate myself want some of the 3-star Story-only Servants. Mostly Caster Cu and Bedivere. I know that there's easier ways to get them on other banners that feature them, but this is a compromise that i've made to myself at least until I get NP 5 versions of them.

Anyway, I dumped all of my monthly summoning tickets into the Story banner like I typically do....and I got NP2 Lancer Artoria. Someone that I actually really wanted to get NP2 on due to how easy it is to charge her NP bar...and just last week I got Quetz on a "riot against the norm" 10xroll.

Are we sure that the Story Banner is as much of a cesspool of disappointment and despair as we have been conditioned to believe?

It is, I've just been absurdly lucky this week
    You influenced me, as I did the same. Robin, Euryale, Knights Dignity, Serenity, and Stheno. That last one pushed me to 5 Rare Prisms, letting me buy the Nightless Rose I have been saving for. I know its a bad CE, but its got Nero on it, so its a Must Have. Now to hope for another Rare Prism so I can unlock buying Personal Training for the Mana Prism store.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    I'm actually aware of this, and was hoping for some kind of thematic effect that was more interesting, since I think it's super adorable. Maybe turn her into a kid version that has lower stats or something.
    I mean, those are basically the two options in Fate - either (1) make it female, or (2) make it loli. She's already the first one, so if they're going to change anything...

I mean, I'll still kill her, she's legit horrifying. If anything, I feel more sympathy for Tiamat than I could for Kiara.

Still waiting on my Tiamat Servant, by the way. In a pinch, Kingprotea will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    I mean, yeah. Fact is, aside from rate-up - which is a lie - rolling on a featured banner and rolling on the story banner aren't that different. You still have a near-nothing chance to get anything good. Once you accept that essential truth, you could certainly find some merit in rolling story instead of featured. Namely, those story-locked Servants.

I mean, you still probably won't get them, but if you want, say, Lion King or Bedi (who are seemingly never on rate-up, which is a lie), that's basically the only way to do it.

Hold up, I'mma test this right now. I got a couple summon tickets to blow... And now I have a few more CEs than I did.

Yeah. Story banner is crap.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Hmm. Would Jalter be better served by Golden Sumo (+15% attack, NP starts at 50%) or Joint recital (+20% buster and crit damage)?

6. - Top - End - #726

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Hmm. Would Jalter be better served by Golden Sumo (+15% attack, NP starts at 50%) or Joint recital (+20% buster and crit damage)?
    Generally joint recital, but it can be overkill and sometimes you'd rather get the first np off if you only need one anyway.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Golden Sumo for shorter fights or fights with only one strong enemy and no break bars. for longer fights and fights with break bars, probably joint recital, though if you have enough individually strong NPs then golden sumo for the charge usually beats joint recital.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Looks like I have a new CE to level up then! I'll keep using Sumo for some time, seeing as it's lvl 89, so the full attack bonus is probably higher than the sub-20 Joint Recital.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-06-03 at 08:32 AM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Onigashima is back this thursday 6th. For those who didn't get to play the first run, Sakata Kintoki (Rider) is a top tier single-target quick welfare Rider that deals TONS of damage because of his stacking buffs on Quick card effectiveness. He's also able to survive because of his heal, but he needs help for enemy NPs, as he has no hard defense (Guts, Evade, Invincibility). That's not really that much of a problem, as his NP Battery is great, and with a single support he is able to nuke things with his Golden bike.

He's worth the grind, and the event is similar to Rashomon, raid battles and farm curency.

The banner will feature Raiko, which is another top tier farmer on the berserker class. I'm not into her (or berserkers for that matter), but I recognize she's strong against most servants and for normal farm.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yes, believe us new people, Rider Kintoki is by far one of the best welfares in the game. Only Chloe from the Prisma Illya event is his equal.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, believe us new people, Rider Kintoki is by far one of the best welfares in the game. Only Chloe from the Prisma Illya event is his equal.
    There are few welfares that are actually top tier, two of which are coming one year from now, and another (great one) in two years.

"**** if I know."

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Well, since we're all talking about Onigashima again, let's talk about Onigashima!

Here's a handy-dandy visual guide to the event, listing rewards, shop items, farming locations, and bonuses. For those who don't care to click the link, some relevant details:

Spoiler
    Show
    • Gacha CEs: These will increase your drops.
      • Dumplings Over Flowers: +Quick, +NP Strength, +Basket drops.
      • Faithful Companions: +Arts, +NP Gain, +Brocade drops.
      • Hidden Sword: Pheasant Reversal: +Quick, +Crit Strength, +Coral drops.
    • Reward CEs: These will increase your damage.
      • Golden Sumo: Boulder Tournament: +ATK, NP Charge Start, +power for equipped Servant during the event. One of the best CEs in the game. Buy it from the event shop.
      • Hot Spring Under the Moon: +Crit Strength, +Stars each turn, +power for team during the event. Get it from damage tier rewards.
    • Bonus Servants: The following Servants get a power boost in this event. Bold Servants are also listed on the gacha.
      • +100% power: Rider Kintoki (event welfare), Raikou.
      • +80%: Kintoki, Shuten, Ibaraki, Kiyohime, Ushiwakamaru, Fuuma.
      • +60%: Okita, Shiki Saber, Musashi, Suzuka, EMIYA, NOBU!, Chloe, EMIYA Alter, Touta, Tamamo Lancer, Kiyohime Lancer, Benkei, Casko, Illya, Shiki Assassin, EMIYAssassin, REGEND, Hijikata, Chacha.

Short version: Unlike Rashomon, which was just raiding, this will be raiding plus farming. On the bonus side, though, there's a lot of loot to be had, including a dozen tickets and 14 SQ.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

If you have an Euryale, she will completely overpower the saber raid boss.

14. - Top - End - #734

NecromancerGirl

As someone who only has NP 2 Kintoki at level 80, and who only got 4 of the Golden Sumos from last year, which have already been merged, I suspect I'm going to do enough of the Raids to get the Sumo from there, then grind the free missions for the items to buy the Kintoki Copies and hope for a Sumo Drop for a second MLB Sumo. At least constant rolling on the Raikou Banner with every single ticket and set of 3 SQs I got last year means I have a few of the gacha CEs to make that grind easier. At least I got a MLB Hot Springs. Got a solid number of the event servants leveled mostly the 60%s, but only one of the 100% and 80%s. Good thing I know there's plenty of those characters on my friends list. Last year I was also hindered by my houses Internet being cut off for several weeks, meaning I had to walk to the local fast food chain for their free wifi. But I was proud to get all the Lighters, but NP 2 really makes me feel Kintoki isn't that great, as his damage is VERY lacking compared to support ones. Turns out NP Level is super important for these "super good welfares". Though even Chloe feels lacking in her NP at times, and I even have that one at level 5. Also, which three upcoming Welfares are the super good ones? My guess is Ruler Quetz, Berserker Jeanne, and hmm, not sure what welfare was recent in japan.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    There are few welfares that are actually top tier, two of which are coming one year from now, and another (great one) in two years.
    Best welfare is coming this August. Drop the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, since we're all talking about Onigashima again, let's talk about Onigashima!
    One change I really like is they added on to the damage chart. It's just QP, but it's better than nothing.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Best welfare is coming this August. Drop the boot!
    Hell yes, she's going 100 | 10/10/10 the moment I get her (to match her archer forme).

Unless you were going about Paul, which pretty strong, too. Don't judge Aqua, she's still Tohsaka.
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-06-06 at 12:48 AM.

"**** if I know."

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

So just to be clear, as this is my first Raid sort of thing in any mobile game. Everyone takes chunks out of the Raid Boss's health and there's a reward if it's beat? Do I need to do a set amount of damage to get that reward or it just rewarded based on what you have cleared?

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    So just to be clear, as this is my first Raid sort of thing in any mobile game. Everyone takes chunks out of the Raid Boss's health and there's a reward if it's beat? Do I need to do a set amount of damage to get that reward or it just rewarded based on what you have cleared?
    You get rewards for dealing damage to the boss as there is a ladder of damage that gives QP.

19. - Top - End - #739

BlackDragon

Pretty much. If you need help, post your FID here so we can add you to our Friend List.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Pretty much. If you need help, post your FID here so we can add you to our Friend List.
    My friend code is 222,132,283.
    I did a while back, a few people added me but I know slots are limited.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Yes and no.

Fact is, there are tons of people playing the game, including those who played the event last time. The raid boss will be beaten, that's almost not even a question.

What you get are (1) item drops from each fight, and (2) points based on damage dealt, whether you win the fight or not. Item drops let you purchase rewards from the event shop, damage points grant you rewards based on a tier-based list, similar to the Rashomon event.

The key differences between this event and Rashomon are (1) that there are actual levels, in addition to raid bosses, and (2) there are multiple currencies, instead of just the one.

So, yeah. Everyone takes chunks out of the raid boss' health, but you're getting rewards regardless of what happens. You deal only 1 damage, you still get a damage point; you kill only 1 minion, you still get to keep what it drops.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yes and no.

Fact is, there are tons of people playing the game, including those who played the event last time. The raid boss will be beaten, that's almost not even a question.
    And even if people somehow didn't deal enough damage to the boss, they'll artificially inflate damage done to make sure it dies.

23. - Top - End - #743

BlackDragon

I did a while back, a few people added me but I know slots are limited.
    Added you. You should fill out your Support List. It makes people more likely to add you.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I was almost very annoyed. Put 10 tickets in the gacha for an event CE. Nothing whatsoever.

So I put ten more, and I was relieved to get the 5* CE, along with Suzuka Gozen. I'm satisfied with the gacha this time.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

I was almost very annoyed. Put 10 tickets in the gacha for an event CE. Nothing whatsoever.

So I put ten more, and I was relieved to get the 5* CE, along with Suzuka Gozen. I'm satisfied with the gacha this time.
    Congrats!

I put 21 tickets in, and I got no event CEs, not even the 3* one. I also didn't get any 4* or 5* servants, or any 4* or 5* CEs.

It was not my best run.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

I tossed out a ten-pull on the off chance of Raikou, and got no servants, just event CEs. So eh.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #747

NecromancerGirl

Did a 10 roll hoping for Suzuka or Emiya. Cause I limit my hopes to the possible for these one off rolls. Luck said have a 5 star. But not Raikou. Of course not Raikou. Here have a third Ozy. So now I have even more reasons to never use any other rider ever again with a NP3 Ozy. At this point I might as well Grail him for how much use and power he brings. Just need to get his skills high but that takes a lot of chains. Good thing the log in is such. But he still needs gold gems and thats rough.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

I put in a few tickets to see if i could get the 5 star CE, but nah i am on a roll, the event gachas have given me 1 event CE and 6 or 7 none event CEs in the past few months... ima just keep the rest for summer.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Yes and no.

What you get are (1) item drops from each fight, and (2) points based on damage dealt, whether you win the fight or not. Item drops let you purchase rewards from the event shop, damage points grant you rewards based on a tier-based list, similar to the Rashomon event.

The key differences between this event and Rashomon are (1) that there are actual levels, in addition to raid bosses, and (2) there are multiple currencies, instead of just the one.

So, yeah. Everyone takes chunks out of the raid boss' health, but you're getting rewards regardless of what happens. You deal only 1 damage, you still get a damage point; you kill only 1 minion, you still get to keep what it drops.
    Right, totally get it now. Are the other raids like this or are they more along the lines of Rashomon, which I didn't participate in. Though cribbing other peoples Ibaraki-Douji, I wish I'd got one of my own. She's downright hilarious.

Thanks for the replies to you and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Added you. You should fill out your Support List. It makes people more likely to add you.
    Thanks! I did though I haven't won a single Saber from the gacha. So that slot will sadly remain empty.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Right, totally get it now. Are the other raids like this or are they more along the lines of Rashomon, which I didn't participate in. Though cribbing other peoples Ibaraki-Douji, I wish I'd got one of my own. She's downright hilarious.

Thanks for the replies to you and everyone else.
    Well, when the final chapter was released, there was a huge raid event with six raid bosses for the community to beat together, and the Prisma Illya event has a semi-raid event, but rather than everyone fighting the boss together, it's you fighting the boss multiple times.

Aside from that, I don't know if there will be more raid events.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-06-07 at 08:35 AM.