New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Blustery Hearts IC {HSHC}

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Where would you like me to start? How about with, as I already said, I don’t know you? Add to that, that I am not dressed up to attend your court or whatever.
    Well, do you want to be dressed up? Alison remarked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

What the hell kind of question is that?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh! That would be lovely.
    You don't have to worry... They have to get through me first.

Lotus blossoms, with just a hint Magnolias?
    "Um..."

Joan's cheeks redden three shades from excitement and two more from embarrassment. It doesn't stop her from silently savoring the moment, though. She's not sure whether to be annoyed or relieved when the self-proclaimed princess cuts it short.

At any rate, the catharsis lets her finally come to her senses and really perceive what's going on around her for the first time since this morning. Besides Jessica's floral scent (is that from gardening, or just impeccable skin care?) Alison's behavior really sets off her story-sniffer. If she's offering what Joan thinks she's offering... why is she so desperate to have someone over? Is she that lonely?

"You know you three can come with us, if you want," she says, trying to salvage a tense-looking situation. "But, anyway, yeah! Let's go! I, um, think I saw some ride-share flyers by the door."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-02-22 at 07:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    "Um..."

Joan's cheeks redden three shades from excitement and two more from embarrassment. It doesn't stop her from silently savoring the moment, though. She's not sure whether to be annoyed or relieved when the self-proclaimed princess cuts it short.

At any rate, the catharsis lets her finally come to her senses and really perceive what's going on around her for the first time since this morning. Besides Jessica's floral scent (is that from gardening, or just impeccable skin care?) Alison's behavior really sets off her story-sniffer. If she's offering what Joan thinks she's offering... why is she so desperate to have someone over? Is she that lonely?

"You know you three can come with us, if you want," she says, trying to salvage a tense-looking situation. "But, anyway, yeah! Let's go! I, um, think I saw some ride-share flyers by the door."
    Sounds fantastic. And don’t worry about flyers. I have the app.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #65

But are the chefs going to be as good as the ones at my villa?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Look, your Royal fancy pants. I’m going out to this place. I’ve made up my mind about it. I don’t care if you have Gordon Ramsay himself in your employ. This is where I’m going.

Jessica starts to walk off, dragging Joan along with her, since she still hasn’t let go of the poor girl’s hand.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #67

Look, your Royal fancy pants. I’m going out to this place. I’ve made up my mind about it. I don’t care if you have Gordon Ramsay himself in your employ. This is where I’m going.

Jessica starts to walk off, dragging Joan along with her, since she still hasn’t let go of the poor girl’s hand.
    It's Princess Alison, actually. She replies walking.

8. - Top - End - #68

Jaz follows along behind Joan, asking You okay? Your hand looks a little squished.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

"Eep!" Joan stumbles to keep up with Jessica as she's pulled down the hall. "Um, sorry, I mean it's fine!"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm? Jessica says, then looks down to see her hand holding Joan's.

Oh, sorry, she says, letting the hand go.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #71

Apology accepted. Princess Alison says with royal grace.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica looks over to Alison. Didn't realize you could accept an apology made to someone else, your highnessness. Whatever. But, why are you here? Weren't you heading back to your villa for a fancy supper?

As Jessica keeps walking, and starts walking down the stairs, she pulls her phone out to summon a ride. How many do we need a ride for? Four, right?
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2019-02-25 at 11:03 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #73

Jessica looks over to Alison. Didn't realize you could accept an apology made to someone else, your highnessness. Whatever. But, why are you here? Weren't you heading back to your villa for a fancy supper?

As Jessica keeps walking, and starts walking down the stairs, she pulls her phone out to summon a ride. How many do we need a ride for? Four, right?
    Nah, this is where the plot's going Alison remarked.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

"Like I said, it's fine," says Joan, massaging her fingertips. Part of her already misses having them clamped together. She eyes Alison uncomfortably, but concludes that the weird rich girl only pretended to dislike pasta as an excuse to invite everyone to her house. She looks past her to get a headcount for the trip. "Um, Jaz? You're coming too, right? And, um... sorry, I don't remember the other person's name... who was asking if we were going as a floor? My roommate already left, so I think that makes five."

She gives Jessica the destination address for the ride share. "Le Casa Università," doesn't have a very memorable name, demonstrating why its founders went into cooking and not marketing.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-02-25 at 07:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Oh yeah! Noms, friends-and not just normal friends, but hot ones!-I'm definitely going! Jaz says. Besides, I don't think I've ever been there before, and I like new places.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The decor is simple. And cliche. And doesn’t inspire much in hopes that the food will fare any better. But.

This is where Jessica went, so it’s where you all ended up. You order, Jessica gets herself the chicken alfredo, and all that is left is waiting for the food. Which leaves some time for conversation.

What do you want to talk about?

Spoiler: Scene 4.
    Show
    Make some small talk, and get to know Jessica. This is an unopposed roll, use any roll except Conflict (This is, after all, polite conversation.). DC 6 for 1VP.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2019-02-26 at 03:15 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

"Um, I'll..." Joan takes a long time poring over the menu and noting how it's different from the online version. She tries to let everyone else order first, but only Jessica actually does so. "Sorry, um, lasagna primavera, with a Caesar salad. And, sorry, um, lemonade. Thank you!"

The waiter doesn't hesitate in ripping the menu out of Joan's hands.

"So, um..." Given Jessica's reaction to talking about her living situation or even her van-based hobbies, Joan gets the feeling that she would rather not talk about her past up to this point. She'll have to work her way up to that. "...what major were you thinking of taking?"

This will eventually segue into Joan talking to her about her own major, making small talk about the news she's been researching lately, and ultimately segueing into her old gossip column about her hometown, which she can even show everyone on her phone. With any luck, this in turn might prompt Jess to talk about where she came from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill, +2 (research!), +2 (writing!) = +4
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-03-08 at 01:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

And that's why Squirtle is the superior pokemon. Any questions? Princess Alison finishes her lecture with a beatific smile.

Spoiler
    Show

Strong skill, and Classy lady.

19. - Top - End - #79

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Straight Allure. I am Conflict, and nothing but Conflict.

I'll have... Hm... Jaz says. Do you have chicken? And fish? And fish-chicken, like aquatic chickens? And chickenfish?

No? Just fish and chicken? Okay,
    Jaz says. With that disappointment out of the way, I'll have whatever the chef recommends. Let him have some fun!

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, I'll..." Joan takes a long time poring over the menu and noting how it's different from the online version. She tries to let everyone else order first, but only Jessica actually does so. "Sorry, um, lasagna primavera, with a Caesar salad. And, sorry, um, lemonade. Thank you!"

The waiter doesn't hesitate in ripping the menu out of Joan's hands.

"So, um..." Given Jessica's reaction to talking about her living situation or even her van-based hobbies, Joan gets the feeling that she would rather not talk about her past up to this point. She'll have to work her way up to that. "...what major were you thinking of taking?"

This will eventually segue into Joan talking to her about her own major, making small talk about the news she's been researching lately, and ultimately segueing into her old gossip column about her hometown, which she can even show everyone on her phone. With any luck, this in turn might prompt Jess to talk about where she came from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill, +2 (research!), +2 (writing!) = +4
    CompSci. Jessica answers simply. Then realizing that she should maybe elaborate on that, she goes on. Ninety-Eight percent of the real world sucks, and I am working on doing anything I can to spending less time in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    And that's why Squirtle is the superior pokemon. Any questions? Princess Alison finishes her lecture with a beatific smile.

Spoiler
    Show

Strong skill, and Classy lady.
    Really? Squirtle? I have to disagree. Even among the starters, Bulbasaur is far superior. Evolves earlier, stronger EVs, is Super Effective in four of the 8 gyms, as well as against half of the Elite Four. Bulbasaur is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Straight Allure. I am Conflict, and nothing but Conflict.

I'll have... Hm... Jaz says. Do you have chicken? And fish? And fish-chicken, like aquatic chickens? And chickenfish?

No? Just fish and chicken? Okay,
    Jaz says. With that disappointment out of the way, I'll have whatever the chef recommends. Let him have some fun!
    The waiter just looks at Jazz. "Are you sure? They can be a little, uhh, odd... when it comes to things."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Computer Science

"So you want to build virtual worlds?" asks Joan. "I get it... I'm in journalism, but writing on the computer is an escape for me, too. It lets me pretend I'm watching the world from the outside."

-

Monstruos Poquitos

"Um, yeah, that's true, I think..."

Joan actually has no idea. One of her friends bought Pokémon for Joan's birthday once, and she managed to beat the game, but when challenged to a fight her friend just spammed moves that were mistakenly programmed to make Joan skip her turn. Considering Joan's real-life reaction to conflict, that outcome seemed about right.

"From what I remember... I think it was bad in the metagame, but that's because the thing it was weak to was, um, broken. Sorry, I mean, yes, it was unbalanced because they didn't think it would be as competitive as it wound up being, but it was also, like, literally defective, right? Because they had to cut so many corners to fit it all onto one cartridge? Or, um, I guess two cartridges, sort of."

22. - Top - End - #82

Jaz looks at the waiter and says Does it look like I mind weird?

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Squirtle is the superior pokemon, Bulbasaur's not gonna last to an icebeam to the face!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Computer Science

"So you want to build virtual worlds?" asks Joan. "I get it... I'm in journalism, but writing on the computer is an escape for me, too. It lets me pretend I'm watching the world from the outside."

-

Monstruos Poquitos

"Um, yeah, that's true, I think..."

Joan actually has no idea. One of her friends bought Pokémon for Joan's birthday once, and she managed to beat the game, but when challenged to a fight her friend just spammed moves that were mistakenly programmed to make Joan skip her turn. Considering Joan's real-life reaction to conflict, that outcome seemed about right.

"From what I remember... I think it was bad in the metagame, but that's because the thing it was weak to was, um, broken. Sorry, I mean, yes, it was unbalanced because they didn't think it would be as competitive as it wound up being, but it was also, like, literally defective, right? Because they had to cut so many corners to fit it all onto one cartridge? Or, um, I guess two cartridges, sort of."
    Not a fan, huh? That’s alright. Journalism, huh? I don’t know about escapism for that. Don’t you have to dig through reality and distill it for readers?

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Jaz looks at the waiter and says Does it look like I mind weird?
    The waiter looks at Jazz. He writes something down and leaves, and as he goes you can hear him muttering something about “always getting the weirdos.”

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Squirtle is the superior pokemon, Bulbasaur's not gonna last to an icebeam to the face!
    Oh, I’m pretty sure he could. And then fire back with a Solarbeam powerful enough to OHKO your precious Squirtle, shell and all.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #85

After taking a turn to charge? Alison pointed out.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Bulbasaur is tough. He can take the hit from anything and then dish it back out.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #87

Yup. Bulbasaur is tough. He can take the hit from anything and then dish it back out.
    So is Squirtle! Alison rebuts.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe, but like I said, it is all going to come down to the EVs. And Bulbasaur's are just better. But then again, I don't just play the base game anymore. I play randomizers, and have all the EVs randomized so there is just no way to tell what is going to be good anymore.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Robin had never played Pokemon. She knew of it, of course, but that was just because it was hard not to pick up on the basics when your talking about a worldwide phenomena. Pop-culture via osmosis. Her parents had been very...proactive..in her childhood, and that had extended to a strict policy regarding media and entertainment. While she had her computer, that was it as far as video-game devices went. So she had very little to say on the topic, a fact which was somewhat distressing. She wasn't used to not knowing what people were talking about. Not knowing what else to do, she kept her head down and absently moved around her silverware while listening and waiting for a chance to jump in, contenting herself with just being able to hear her sweet angel speak with such passion about a subject.
    High Reverend of the Church of the Icosahedron

30. - Top - End - #90

Maybe, but like I said, it is all going to come down to the EVs. And Bulbasaur's are just better. But then again, I don't just play the base game anymore. I play randomizers, and have all the EVs randomized so there is just no way to tell what is going to be good anymore.
    I play alot of nuzlockes mainly.