New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default how can an angel involved in a perverse affair with a mortal avoid a sex scandal?

The human race exists throughout the multiverse, which was created and designed by God. Some are worlds that are completely run by democratic governments, while others are totalitarian empires that practice slavery. Some have cultures that lean toward matriarchies, while others are war-torn conflict zones similar to Mad-Max. All of these realms worship the same creator, but express that worship in different ways. Some see him as an all powerful, omnipotent deity, while others view God as different aspects that make up a whole, or multiple smaller deities led by a main deity.

Angels are stewards of this god who exist to keep the universe functioning. They are similar to computer programs, which are written to make the realms work in the background, but are unable to interfere directly with the inhabitants unless under specific circumstances. People know of these angels and the existence of their creator as fact. These beings operate with semi-independence. They can form their own opinions on matters, but must stick to their defined task and are not capable of disobeying universal laws.The angels periodically visit these realms and communicate with humanity at certain times during a millenia, but don't enforce any particular world view. Their job is ultimately to protect the verses from threats and keep it working according to the original design (fighting off stewards from competing gods, laws of gravity, etc).

On one particular business visit, an angel named Donalas Trumpestus fell for a mortal woman, and their love produced a child. This secret affair has produced a line of demi-gods who trace their ancestry to this angel. For a human politician or celebrity, this scandalous affair would be seen as a humorous and entertaining story that is irrelevant to normal life. For the angels however, this would be borderline heresy or even apostasy.

Angels are expected to keep a professional distance from mortals as their protectors while they carry out their duties. They may be fond of them, but should only love their creator and must not violate the process of non-interference. Falling for a mortal can be seen as a flaw in their original programming, a "perversion" of their design. This mortal line has flown under the radar due to their numbers being small. As their numbers grow, they are likely to be discovered. Should that happen, there will be....judgement. For all parties involved.

How can this angel avoid this from happening to his mortal line?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: how can an angel involved in a perverse affair with a mortal avoid a sex scandal?

There's nothing perverse or scandalous about love. It's a non issue.

If that is not a satisfying answer, if this god didn't want angels and humans to procreate and he is the creator of both, than they shouldn't be able to procreate by gods design.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: how can an angel involved in a perverse affair with a mortal avoid a sex scandal?

If angels and human are able to procreate, it means they were created in a compatible way (and able to have emotions).
    Why? Possible answers:

1) It is a build-in temptation, to test the angel on their faith. The angel failed. However, if the god is somewhat fair, only the angel will pay for it.
    2) It used to be acceptable, but was latter forbidden because their childrens are too powerfull -> They will be hunted (similarly to childs of devils), and if the deity is kind, they will just have their power sealed and live a normal human life.
    3) Angels were not created by God. He just "converted" them into its servant. Same as others converted them into devils. And maybe they have a common ancestor with humans? (for example, they were the most faithfull humans during the last cosmical war). This mean that most likely, the angel will "fall" from its position at the service of this god, so he can either become a devil (an incubus/succubus?), or become an angel of a Chaotic good/neutral deity that see no problem with love (though it does not look like you have any of those in your universe...)
    4) Angel's magic is strong enough to "overwrite" (shape-shifting?) their body and force themselve to be fertile. Then it means that the angel did want a child and force it into existance. At this level of power, he can probably make it look like the child is a normal human (even though it has a secret power), and make the fact he is the father a secret.
    5) The angel was actively corrupted by another power, making him in love and fertile. Then the sentence will depends on who corrupted him and why. If it is "the power of love" that corrupted him, I expect "the power of love" to find a way to make this an happy end.
    6) It is God's will. The whole angelic admnistration will go crazy, and when about to be condemn, God will step in and says "It is my will. No interferance should be made, but this one is mine, and should be forgiven to this angel, his companion, and their descendance"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

OP, would I be correct in assuming that you are an alternate account of Mr. Nyalathotep?

You both churn out posts - not a problem in itself (god knows I make too many!), except that you always phrase them as questions. This draws input from other posters... input that you never acknowledge.

You both seem unhealthily fixated on chauvinistic and sexual themes (including some arguably transphobic content from the other account).

And recently, you've been skirting the line of inserting real-world politics in here (i.e. the barely-veiled references to Donald Trump).

There's nothing wrong with using these forums as storage space for your homebrew. However, it strikes me as somewhat parasitic to have people brainstorm on your behalf without thanking them (though your posts often generate interesting discussions, don't get me wrong!). I'll also be upfront and say I'm getting skeeved out by the constant demons-using-women-as-incubators themes.
    Last edited by rferries; 2019-02-14 at 12:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Roses Are Red,
    The Church is full of evangels
    how can an angel involved in a perverse affair with a mortal avoid a sex scandal?
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.