New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

In case any one wants to see a time lapse of sorts...

5 PM

6 PM

7 PM

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Oof. Fun. Hopefully at least, like, you don't lose power and stuff like that. That's always the worst, at least in my opinion.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's the end of ****ing May and it's snowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Plus 30 here and the grass crunches underfoot. I'd honestly trade you 50/50 for the (now) rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It's been 90 since April. I'd kill for a freak snowstorm (the only kind we get down here)

Except (of course) the rent being too damn high, I recommend settling in Pacifica, California (or the "Sunset" neighborhood of San Francisco) where the temperature is 57° Fahrenheit (14° Celsius) - give or take a few.

Summer, Winter, AM or PM it's rare for it to be any temperature far from there..

Blessed be our Fog,
    named Carl,
    occasionally Carla when it feels frisky,
    which delivers us from fire and ice,
    and
    amusingly makes tourists shiver

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I would definitely visit, but I think I would miss the insanity of Canadian weather. It honestly makes me laugh. I just really am not a big fan of heat. Especially coming from extensive studies of water resources.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Except (of course) the rent being too damn high, I recommend settling in Pacifica, California (or the "Sunset" neighborhood of San Francisco) where the temperature is 57° Fahrenheit (14° Celsius) - give or take a few.

Summer, Winter, AM or PM it's rare for it to be any temperature far from there..
    "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."

San Fran sounds both delightful and abjectly terrifying (as opposed to LA, which just sounds terrifyimg).
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."

San Fran sounds both delightful and abjectly terrifying (as opposed to LA, which just sounds terrifyimg).
    I have some pretty mixed feelings about San Francisco. On one hand, it is a wonderfully diverse city full of interesting sights and experience. On the other hand, traffic is horrific and every single person who lives in San Francisco seems to be in a bad mood 100% of the time.

Nice place to visit, but I worked there for a while and I wouldn't want to do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

7. - Top - End - #1177

BlackDragon

In case any one wants to see a time lapse of sorts...

5 PM

6 PM

7 PM
    That doesn't look like proper Canadian snow. Thought you guys only considered it to be a problem when the accumulation of ice on power lines brings them down.

8. - Top - End - #1178

PirateCaptain

Meanwhile we're enjoying a pleasant 19°C (66°F, 292 K) with no precipitation. You know you're in trouble when Britain has the best weather.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Last night I played in an inprov tournanment.

I woke up at 11H45* at about the time my brother dropped by to leave my three-year old niece in our care for the next few days. All is right in the world.

*No work today thnaks to some christian holiday.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2019-05-30 at 06:21 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    That doesn't look like proper Canadian snow. Thought you guys only considered it to be a problem when the accumulation of ice on power lines brings them down.
    It's the end of May and I hadn't brought a jacket to work that day. So it was at least a little problematic

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I have some pretty mixed feelings about San Francisco. On one hand, it is a wonderfully diverse city full of interesting sights and experience. On the other hand, traffic is horrific.
    Yeah, that's what I said - both delightful and abjectly terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Meanwhile we're enjoying a pleasant 19°C (66°F, 292 K) with no precipitation. You know you're in trouble when Britain has the best weather.
    Honestly, I'd love to live in England. Except you guys are trying to make it significantly harder for me right as I'm trying to make it significantly easier, so theres that hurdle.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, I'd love to live in England. Except you guys are trying to make it significantly harder for me right as I'm trying to make it significantly easier, so theres that hurdle.
    I'd rather not get into that, for all the reasons I didn't talk about what happened on Sunday night in any way shape or form. But from what I know about the English on this forum, you're looking at the wrong group.

Because, honestly, there's a lot of us that would love to have you. This is partially because a lot of the country seems to think we have a closer culture to the US than to Europe (again, I've been to Germany, we really don't), but in general you're seen as 'more acceptable' due to speaking English, or at least a language with vague similarities.

In all seriousness, if you do end up living here, remember that it's fairly different. Grid systems are pretty much confined to Milton Keynes and seen as horrible*, there will be people especially snobbish about British versus American English, British food is actually seen as good**, and people will judge you based on if you drink lager, best bitters, or IPAs (which are less hoppy than American IPAs as I understand it).

*Although I understand that even in US cities they aren't certain to be present.
    ** Which confuses most people who spend more than a few days here.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I'd rather not get into that, for all the reasons I didn't talk about what happened on Sunday night in any way shape or form. But from what I know about the English on this forum, you're looking at the wrong group.

Because, honestly, there's a lot of us that would love to have you. This is partially because a lot of the country seems to think we have a closer culture to the US than to Europe (again, I've been to Germany, we really don't), but in general you're seen as 'more acceptable' due to speaking English, or at least a language with vague similarities.

In all seriousness, if you do end up living here, remember that it's fairly different. Grid systems are pretty much confined to Milton Keynes and seen as horrible*, there will be people especially snobbish about British versus American English, British food is actually seen as good**, and people will judge you based on if you drink lager, best bitters, or IPAs (which are less hoppy than American IPAs as I understand it).

*Although I understand that even in US cities they aren't certain to be present.
    Oh, I meant the very generic "you." The country, not the people, and especially not the forumites.

Anyway, so long as I can understand the language, I can ask about the differences if need be. Most of them I can handle decently - I can defend American English with descriptivism, and if that fails, just be gracious about winning the war for them. As much as I mock British food, I think I actually would like a good bit of it, and it's not like y'all didn't just take it from other places anyway. And I don't fear judgment on lager, bitters, or IPAs, because I largely don't drink (and on the rare occasion I do, coke and rum in a Collins glass is my choice, not beer). So basically I would get judged even by the people who ordinarily wouldn't judge me if I hadn't shot my mouth off.

Besides, I enjoy the Midsomer Murders, it'd help with the homesickness to live in an area with a relatively close murder rate to home.

14. - Top - End - #1184

BlackDragon

British food is actually seen as good**

I've spent 48 years here and I think British food gets an unfairly bad rap. Sure, traditional British stuff is simple, but that doesn't prevent it being really tasty--for example, try a properly made Scotch egg (e.g. not those horrid slimy things you get in plastic wrap in a supermarket).

15. - Top - End - #1185

I've spent 48 years here and I think British food gets an unfairly bad rap. Sure, traditional British stuff is simple, but that doesn't prevent it being really tasty--for example, try a properly made Scotch egg (e.g. not those horrid slimy things you get in plastic wrap in a supermarket).
    They sell those in SUPERMARKETS over there? The one time I ordered them I think I got through either 1/2 of one or maybe one out of 2 in the order and then was so full I never wanted to eat anything again, and that was at a bar when I was also drinking. Y'all attempt them SOBER?

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

There's a Scottish Highlands festival near where I'm at, and if they have the eggs on years I make it up there? I'm all over them; they're amazing and I'll happily eat three.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

*munches pastie*

Sorry, you were saying about British food? I'm a bit distracted, got to fry some fish today.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    I got through either 1/2 of one or maybe one out of 2 in the order and then was so full I never wanted to eat anything again
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    I'll happily eat three.
    Is this one of those "hilarious" English Language Moments (tm) where it will turn out you use the same word to refer to two completely unrelated recipes? Like with cookie or jelly?

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-05-31 at 12:11 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Is this one of those "hilarious" English Language (tm) moments where it will turn out you use the same word to refer to two completely unrelated recipes? Like with cookie or jelly?

Grey Wolf
    Considering a Scotch Egg is an egg wrapped in sausage, wrapped in bread crumbs, deep fried, sometimes with black pudding, I'm not surprised that some people can eat a lot more than others.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1190

Considering a Scotch Egg is an egg wrapped in sausage, wrapped in bread crumbs, deep fried, sometimes with black pudding, I'm not surprised that some people can eat a lot more than others.
    black pudding
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Is this one of those "hilarious" English Language (tm) moments where it will turn out you use the same word to refer to two completely unrelated recipes?
    Imean, it's not really fair, I know this absolutely is the case.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Imean, it's not really fair, I know this absolutely is the case.
    :: ahem ::

Bloody English Language.

That is all.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I just thought of something, What if the Dragon Deities (D&D 3.5 Version) were watching How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy and they each dragon deities have their opinions on the movies. So what do you think they will say about the movie?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

"Shut up, the magic story box is on.'

Alternatively 'Rarr'

Alternatively alternatively 'I can't believe the inaccuracies.'

Alternatively alternatively alternatively 'Why don't we put the kettle on and have lunch before the next one, I could murdee a good scotch egg. Just love the taste of egg in sausage in breadcrumbs, deep fried.'

Show

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Shut up, the magic story box is on.'

Alternatively 'Rarr'

Alternatively alternatively 'I can't believe the inaccuracies.'

Alternatively alternatively alternatively 'Why don't we put the kettle on and have lunch before the next one, I could murdee a good scotch egg. Just love the taste of egg in sausage in breadcrumbs, deep fried.'
    Ok the first one is Tiamat, the second one is Aasterinian, the third one is Lendys, and the fourth one is Hlal.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Well I feel like crap.

I'm not happy with where I am with my life at all. But whenever I try to apply for a better job I get turned down for reasons varying from 'you don't have a good enough degree' to 'you're too old' to 'you're too autistic'. Whenever I try to meet people I either suffer from sensory overload or end up alone in a room of conversations because I don't know the secret neurotypical handshake of whatever. And everything else.

And whenever I ask friends for help I get either 'you're just not trying hard enough', 'don't let it bother you', or 'have your you tried asking your friends to introduce you to their friends'. Doesn't help that on the last one literally every one of my friends has utterly refused to do that. So here I am, being lonely and miserable because all my friends have to spend their time with these new people and go on dates, and then they wonder why I'm miserable.

(Not helped by the fact that I've been told 'if I want to get into relationships I have to be more mature about them'. Easy for people to say when they don't develop more slowly than other people and have had relationships that taught them more than 'if you make one single mistake it's over').

Show

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well I feel like crap.

I'm not happy with where I am with my life at all. But whenever I try to apply for a better job I get turned down for reasons varying from 'you don't have a good enough degree' to 'you're too old' to 'you're too autistic'. Whenever I try to meet people I either suffer from sensory overload or end up alone in a room of conversations because I don't know the secret neurotypical handshake or whatever. And everything else.

And whenever I ask friends for help I get either 'you're just not trying hard enough', 'don't let it bother you', or 'have you're you tried asking your friends to introduce you to their friends'. Doesn't help that on the last one literally every one of my friends has utterly refused to do that. So here I am, being lonely and miserable because all my friends have to spend their time with these new people and go on dates, and then they wonder why I'm miserable.

(Not helped by the fact that I've been told 'if I want to get into relationships I have to be more mature about them'. Easy for people to say when they don't develop more slowly than other people and have had relationships that taught them more than 'if you make one single mistake it's over').
    I'm so sorry to hear that. You're not the only one who's single. I'm still single and I'm 34 years old.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Troll in the Playground

It's the end of ****ing May and it's snowing.
    It's ok, it's likely Finland will follow suit soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

If you're pedaling your canoe down the freeway, but the mainsail gets torn... just how high are you?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    If you're pedaling your canoe down the freeway, but the mainsail gets torn... just how high are you?
    High enough to link Dailymotion to make a joke reference.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Well I feel like crap.

I'm not happy with where I am with my life at all. But whenever I try to apply for a better job I get turned down for reasons varying from 'you don't have a good enough degree' to 'you're too old' to 'you're too autistic'. Whenever I try to meet people I either suffer from sensory overload or end up alone in a room of conversations because I don't know the secret neurotypical handshake of whatever. And everything else.

And whenever I ask friends for help I get either 'you're just not trying hard enough', 'don't let it bother you', or 'have your you tried asking your friends to introduce you to their friends'. Doesn't help that on the last one literally every one of my friends has utterly refused to do that. So here I am, being lonely and miserable because all my friends have to spend their time with these new people and go on dates, and then they wonder why I'm miserable.

Well I cannot be any help on work, though I can sympathise with the difficulties of the job market.

Are there any "young professionals" organisations to get some informal networking and potential certifications?

Can't really suggest anything on the relationship front. The only thing I can think of potentially see if there are any interesting hobbies around your area to go do. It just gets you mixing with new people. But that depends on how much crowds "get" to you.