New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

((Max speed is 15.. walk rate 5, run 10. Probably take a couple rounds to get back.))

Meanwhile, while the drone is flying back his way, Damien tries to figure out exactly how he's supposed to hack the receptionist's commlink from here. Fortunately he's a fairly smart guy, so he's probably got a better chance than most.

Spoiler
    Show
    Logic 6, because of the bioware. -1 for defaulting... Working in Augmented reality, so no bonuses or anything
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip keeps the hellhounds circling and barking, including making one jump on the hood of the limousine, and peer at the driver, then put a (n illusionary) hold in the windshield roughly the size of the hellhound's body as it rams its way through and into the front passenger seat of the limousine.

The following rounds he begins cleaning his signature from the site, keeping the illusion up until the end, where the hellhounds retreat into the shadows/under cars, anywhere else they can get into to disappear without just poofing.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Damien continues to recall his drone as the Limo driver guns it. The limo rocks back and forth as it cruises up the sidewalk to avoid the traffic.

Renko and Onyx fire a couple more shot at the building. Several people flee from the restaurant area and head north, following the Limo. The hellhounds crawl around and snarl traffic a bit then, at Sinkalip's command, duck under cars and such. The vehicle owners, dismayed by the new circumstance, exit the vehicles, fleeing to the sidewalk.

After what seemed like, well, forever, everyone's commlink timers go off, signaling time to move on.

Tally :
    Spoiler
    Show

Onyx : 6Stun
    Sinkalip : 1Stun
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

[Ok guys, time to run for it. I'll fire up the van, you just get going as fast as you can.] With the drone under his arm Damien turns and runs for the van, the little Renraku drone follows behind him, spewing mist/smoke. Once he reaches it he puts his drones inside and hits the ignition, waiting till the others get in before heading to site 2.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #365

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip stands, looking around at the panic, then quickly turns and moves around the corner towards the van, jumping into a seat and waiting for the others. [We may want to call Sabrina and tell her to wait at the second site,] he sends to the others as he waits for them. [That could have easily gone much worse with just us.]
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Speak of the devil, and he, or rather she, calls. Damien's commlink beeps with a call from Sabrina just after Sin jumps into the van.

"How did it go? Do you need me to grab anything quick? There's a Stuffer Shack near here. Anyone get hurt?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-02-13 at 11:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Damien grins and answers. Speak of the Devil... He flips the call to the team channel so everyone can talk. [Onyx got tased, but he should be fine now. I don't think anyone else got hit, except for one of my drones. Which I really need to fix. Hey guys? Sound off]

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

17:36

Renko and Onyx split in opposite directions as the hellhounds hide under nearby vehicles. Damien packs up and starts to roll once Sinkalip is on board. As all the vehicles peel out, Onyx sends a response to Sabrina, [Y-Med-Stuff].

Separated by a block and sort of bogged down in traffic it takes Damien several minutes to get more than a block away. Renko and Onyx manage to dodge through traffic and gain a substantial lead. Before Damien gets more than a hundred meters or so, he can see various News Drones mixed with Lone Star drones flying around near the hotel.

The end of day traffic makes the horrid traffic flow pattern that much worse. Although the bikes make good time heading to Stuffer Shack, the crazy drivers, combined with the tricked out computer controlled vehicles make the congestion a real problem. When a truck suddenly pulls out in front of Renko and Onyx, Renko manages to dodge out of the way, but Onyx isn't quite so lucky. He is clipped by the vehicle, but it doesn't cause any substantial damage to him or his bike.

Avoid Crash(threshold 2) :
    Spoiler
    Show

Renko - 5,4,5,1 = 2 hits
    Onyx (-2 damage) - 6,4,1,2,4,4 = 1 hits
    Onyx (-2 damage) - Resist 2 damage = {1,6,4,5,1,1,4,2} = 2 hits
    Onyx Bike - Resist 2 damage = {2,6,5,3,3,5,1,3,4,6} = 4 hits

18:01 Onyx and Renko arrive at the Stuffer Shack.
    18:36 Damien and Sinkalip arrive at the Stuffer Shack. Damien, using his vehicle link, is able to drive the van and make repairs to his drone as he goes.

With nearly an hour before the 19:20 meet, the team regroups and licks its wounds at the Stuffer Shack. Time to reload, switch armor, discuss tactics, and decide if half the team is really going to cut ahead to Location 3, skipping this location.

Repairs :
    Spoiler
    Show

Logic + Mechanic(3+damage, 30 minutes) to repair drone.

Some condition modifiers apply for driving in heavy traffic and repairing a drone in your van at the same time.
    First interval - {3,6,4,5,1,4} = 2 hits = 2/8 done
    Second interval - {1,6,4,4,6,4} = 2 hits = 4/8 done
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

[Okay. I'll hang out here, at the Shack.] Sabrina sends this back to Onyx and moves her scooter to park in the Stuffer Shack parking lot, though she doesn't go inside. As soon as Onyx arrives, she pulls out the medkit and attacks him with it, checking his pupils with the little penlight and rummaging through the kit, looking for the right drugs to help.

She makes a small annoyed noise and turns back to Onyx. "I'm sorry, Onyx, I don't have anything for this. Maybe Sin can do something, because I sure can't. How about you sit your ass down and relax? That might help some."

Spoiler
    Show
    I applied the -2 for bad conditions, and the -2 for Onyx being Awakened to this roll already: 2 hits, no glitch
    That's enough to not cause any additional damage, but won't actually fix anything.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-02-15 at 09:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx nods at Sabrina and rests until Damien and Sinkalip show up. By which time an hour has elapsed and some of the stun is gone. The Stuffer Shack is a busy place just after working hours. Lots of cars, bikes, and trucks pulling in and out. As 6:30 approaches, several beat up old cars show up, but the drivers don't get out.

Then, as if on cue, a pale white elf with long black dread locks steps out from around the corner and just leans against the corner of the building. 5 people get out of their cars in unison and head over to him. After a moment of chit-chat each gives him an awkward handshake and then they each return to their cars and drive off. The elf remains there, leaning against the building.

At 6:35, just before Damien and Sinkalip show up, another bike rolls up spewing black smoke. It rolls right up to the Elf and the rider seems to exchange something with the elf. The received package was quite small and he put it in his pocket and then starts to drive off.

Natural Healing :
    Spoiler
    Show

Will+Body = {5,4,6,4,2,1,5,6} = 4 hits

Onyx now has only 2 boxes of stun damage.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys. How's it going? Damien jumps out of the van, casting a glance at the Shack. He was probably hungry, considering he hadn't eaten since that burrito at Renko's.

((As far as I can remember, at least.))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Following Damien's gaze, Sabrina nods. "Should I get going? Do we need a pow-wow?" Saying 'pow-wow' makes Sabrina grin broadly.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Onyx

"If there was enough time I would try to get something to help against those shock guns they got. Those things pack quite the punch you know? Onyx rubs the spot where the taser hit him. "Not long until the next spot. Rina keep those med kits handy. I seem to have a chance of needing it."

Spoiler
    Show
    I will head out to the next spot when we decide to leave as a team.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Don't think we really have the time. With traffic this bad... Damien trails off and turns around. One second. He then ducks into the Shack for a few moments, coming back out holding a snack. Sorry 'bout that. but yeah, I thought we agreed to not split up.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #375
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Onyx

"I didn't say we split up. I think we have to get going though so we can catch our next spot. Rina does still need to keep that med-kit handy for when I return."

16. - Top - End - #376

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin sits quietly, sit leaning out the open door of the van as the others talk. "I think we should stay together," he says. "They're indubitably going to get more difficult form here on out," he says with a slight shrug. "I'm ready to go when you all are." He glances around once, but makes a point not to leave eyes on the other people outside their group too long, or pay too much attention to them. He knew well enough that things stayed simpler if you left other people's business to themselves.

He glances towards Onyx for a moment and shakes his head. "I suppose I should have listened to pop more," he says with a shrug. He sits and closes his eyes, whispering quietly to himself for a few moments.

Spoiler
    Show
    Checking on the location of the spirit he had before. It normally would have returned to him once its job was done, but nothing was ever said.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-02-20 at 10:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

The grin falls off of Sabrina's face and she just gives Sinkalip a slack-jawed stare of incredulity. For about a half minute. "If there are any words I thought were less likely to fall out of that mouth," she waves at Sin, "I cannot imagine what they might be. Maybe that you'd decided to convert to Catholicism. That would be more unlikely. But just a little."

She shakes her head. "Anyway, if you want me to ride along, I can just put the scooter in the van, yeah?"

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Should be room. Damien says, with his mouth full. It's a big van. We should definately hurry though. Here, I'll help you with it. He assists Sabrina with getting the scooter into the van if need be.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Damien loads Sabrina's scooter she briefs the team on the target location, using her commlink to draw up a crude map from her experience scouting it out.

Location 2 Map

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"So, front or back? Or both?" Sabrina sits down in one of the back seats in the van. "It's a footwear fetish place. Maybe we should have brought extra shoes to throw at the employees. That would be distracting." She pulls her squirtgun out of her bag and checks the load on it.

"There is a plan, right?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-02-21 at 06:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say hit the back. Less chance of being noticed by any passerby or guards right up till the shooting starts. Plus my van looks enough like a delivery vehicle that no-one will pay much attention when it pulls in.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #382

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip nods slightly. "Same plan, right? Go in, cause trouble, get out?" He looks over the map. "Back looks like a better idea to me as well," he says as he turns back into the proper sitting direction in the vehicle, pulling the door closed as he does. "Sounds like a good plan."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

A week ago, Sabrina was making schedules that detailed Annika's doings down to the minute, with no wiggle room. Interviews, worktime, parties, everything was planned out and scheduled. By Sabrina. A typical day even included a 10 minute break in the morning so Annika could snort some novacoke written into the daily plan.

She looks at Sin, then looks at Damien, then back at Sin. "That's it? That's the plan?" Mingled with the disbelief in her voice is a mild panic. "What am I supposed to do?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-02-23 at 04:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

I would suggest that you not get shot. That generally helps. Damien grins. His daily plan included a rough approximation of when to eat and a note on whether or not his arm needed maintenance. Completely different approaches to life, it would seem. And to be honest, I don't really know what you can do. So let's just wing it and see how it goes, shall we?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

[19:05]

While the team stands around chit-chatting, an explosion rocks the area. About 4 blocks north and maybe a block east, an explosion sents flaming debris several hundred meters into the sky. A massive gout of flame streaked skyward for a few seconds, followed by a massive smoke cloud.

Within a second or two of the explosion, 187 vehicles within a 10 block radius begin beeping/whirping/chiming/etc to indicate that a theft is on progress.

Most of the people in the area turned to watch. A dwarven man in a rumpled brown suit points up at some kind of piece of flaming debris(maybe 2 meters in diameter) headed towards the area of the stuffer shack. Suddenly everyone is screaming and running in random directions attempting to flee, what they think, the impact point will be.

26. - Top - End - #386

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

As the explosion goes off, Sin glances towards the corder where the apparent other meet up was going on, chuckling softly to see if the elf is still there. He shrugs slightly and looks away, doing his best to give a 'nice, wonder who ever could be responsible' look of not caring.

As the people start running and screaming, he leans forward, looking up into the sky, letting out a soft whistle, then braces himself against the dash. "Perhaps now would be a good time to not be right here," he says, glancing towards Damien. He looks towards the item in the sky and begins whispering softly, a streak of tan and cream quickly running through his hair. His nails seem to darken slightly as his ears take on a point, his attention never leaving the item in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Animate: Force 5
    Spellcasting + Magic: 10D6 = [6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1] = 3 Hits

Well.. luckily:
    Manufactured High-Tech Objects and Materials
    (Advanced Plastics, Alloys, Electronic Equipment) - 3

The goal is to make some attempt to use whatever flexing he can get into the object to make it come down somewhere OTHER than in the van. Preferably just on the cement somewhere, but... things happen.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

What the hell? Damien looks up. Ok, time to move. Everyone, van. Now. Damien uses the vehicle link to start the van, jumping in through the back door because that's what he's closest too. Sabrina, you want to hit the matrix and figure out what that was? I'd do it, but I need to drive. And fast. He waits just long enough for everyone else to pile in before "jumping in" to the van through the link and driving off. Preferably towards site #2, but right now he's more worried about getting the heck out of dodge.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-02-24 at 03:10 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Not...get- That's not much of a plan." Sabrina grips the cushion of her seat tightly, sounding a little more panicked now. This is not a good reason to panic. Relax, calm down, just breathe. Life doesn't require a plan. "Okay, I can handle this. Really. Um, I don't really know what I'm good at, either. I can shoot a little. I guess. I mean, I have a gun sort of thing and I have it out, so the logical thing to do is shoot someone." She is completely oblivious to the explosion, the running, the screaming, and the flying debris.

Damien snaps her out of her self-absorption, though. She looks around, a little surprised to see life passing her by. "Matrix, right. I can do that." Sabrina starts scanning news feeds to see if anything is being reported yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Data Search + Logic, I guess? 1 hit

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

The van burns rubber and accelerates away from the Stuffer Shack. Damien is forced to swerve and weave as he flees the scene to avoid hitting pedestrians which seem to keep moving in the way of the van.

Sinkalip pushes the chuck of flying debris away from the van. Onyx and Renko hop on their bikes and follow, with one eye on the road and one on the 'meteor'. They both swerve at the last moment to avoid being destroyed. However Renko swerved the wrong way and combined with Sinkalip pushing the object, it struck him and his bike with a cataclysmic explosion.

{{ Sinkalip - Drain? 2S}}

Renko
    Spoiler
    Show

Falling object that big seems like should be just like Renko fell that far.

Resist Damage 40P - Body+Armor+Gymnastics+Edge = {2,3,3,4,6,6,6,3,1,5,3,3,3,3,3,6,3} + reroll 6's {6,6,4,1} + reroll 6's {4,4}
    = 8 hits, so 32 Damage. Thats his full condition monitor, plus overflow, plus 10 more.

Sabrina starts tracking down leads, but by the time she has anything at all its a couple minutes later and Damien is at Club Tread(11 minutes early). The early reports have lots of jery camera footage from nearby, but not too close. It seems some apartment building was completely destroyed and the neighboring buildings took heavy damage and are all fire. There are a couple shots from a block or two away showing bodies which were thrown from the explosion embedded into walls and such. Pretty gruesome stuff, hopefully no one just ate.

[19:09]

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Oh, gross. Some apartment building. People there. Ew."
    So Renko and Onyx can get the news also, Sabrina also relays through her commlink. [It's some apartment building that blew up. There's some nice graphic pics if you really want to see them. Yuck.] She shows Sin the images if he wants.