New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Round 9 :

Damien rolls out the drone and commands it to hook around behind the cops. Damien rushes over to the van and starts digging out of the back. The shifting weight of the van causes the rear door to start to swing and expose Onyx. He grabs the door, holding it open for cover.

The cops decide they don't believe his story and one says, "He's going for something, drop him." The cops open fire, aiming at Onyx's exposed legs, but the skinny elf manages to dance enough to avoid the shots.

Doing his best to avoid getting shot and to avoid shooting the cops, Onyx runs around the front Damien's van and hops on his motorcycle. He spreads rubber on the ground and spews smoke from his bike and rides off and around the corner.

Sabrina and Sinkalip stagger towards the van as Felix and Damien play in the back.

{{ Drone is at AS45 }}
    {{ Critical Glitch on the con check... }}
    {{ Cops each get 1 hit on one shot. Onyx Dodges, easily. }}

Updated Map

(33 seconds to go...)
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, my small metallic friend... Damien grins and hits the command button on his commlink once the drone reaches AR42. This will cause it to start spewing fog, probably messing with the cops. Once he's got his medkit up he'll go over to have a look at Sin as well.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina scans the area, wondering if there is any way in which she can possibly add to the chaos at this point. At least Onyx is doing something sort of useful. In a way. A way that's very similar to fleeing, but maybe the cops will try to follow...him...oh...oh drek.

She lets go of Sin and starts rushing over to the closest of the two cops, calling forth tears on cue. "Oh my god! Thank god you were here! That woman just attacked my friend for no reason! It was really scary. I've never seen anyone get shot before," she wails.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sabrina, on the other hand, has 11 dice for Con the first time she meets someone. 10 because she's still stunned. Looking to fulfill the role of damsel who needs cop help to get a grip.
    Con: 4 hits, or 3 if you feel First Impression should not apply to this test.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix jumps at the commotion outside. "Slot!" What on earth are they up to out there? He shakes his head a few times, pulls the door shut beside him, and focuses back on his interface. Better be ready for trouble. He reclines the seat back slightly, fastens and tightens the seat belt, lays back, and falls completely limp.

Spoiler
    Show
    {{
    Loading up my Command program. System load: 1/5. Also, switching to Hot Sim VR to get myself running faster. I've got a lot more software to connect up, and it looks like we'll need it in a hurry.
    }}
    Last edited by Zaranthan; 2008-04-19 at 06:54 PM. Reason: I can count!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 10 :

Onyx continues to accelerate away, firing a couple random shots at the cops and the front of the building in an effort to keep their heads down. The cops, for their part, don't fall for it. They both fire a couple shots at the punk on his motorcycle. Onyx manages to catch one of the bullets in the side but doesn't lose control of the bike.

Damien maneuvers the drone right up to the feet of the cops, who are focused on Onyx. He activates the smokescreen and the drone starts to spew thick opaque smoke. Sabrina, in the middle of rushing over to play on the cops sympathetic side stops short at the gunfire and thick smoke cloud which engulfs the two officers.

Felix relaxes into the seat, loading his fancy software, while Sinkalip climbs across and into the van. Onyx starts to weave and twist, in an effort to make it harder for the cops to hit him again.

Initiatives :
    Spoiler
    Show

Onyx 10 + 4 = 14 (3 boxes of damage)
    Cop (2) 8+4 = 12
    Cop (C) 8+4 = 12
    Damien 8+3 = 11
    Sabrina 7+3 = 10
    Felix 7+2 = 9

Updated Map

(30 seconds to go)
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-04-22 at 06:12 AM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

No acting is required to provide a realistic amount of surprise at the gunfire and smoke. Sabrina ducks and skitters to the side, still maintaining her panicking bystander persona. She starts scurrying away from the scene, considering her options for causing a little more trouble.

To Damien: [I'll meet you up the street. I don't think it's in my best interest to get back into the van at this point.]

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, keep forgetting to roll init: 7 + 2 hits = 9
    Move towards the building, then head away from the cops (up on the map)

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

[Great. Bring my drone if it needs to go faster.] Damien opens another channel to Onyx, whilst simultaneously telling the drone to head for the van. [Only 17 seconds left. think you can keep them distracted that long?] He looks over his shoulder at Felix. Sabrina is going to jump in on the street. Fire her up and let's get the hell out of dodge!

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix manages to catch most of Damien's words through the VR fog. [[Natch.]] He fires up the van's sensors and tells it to pull out of the parking spot, then loads up his agent with a comm scanner, telling it to scan everything in range for Lone Star signals.

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, micromanagement! *cracks knuckles*

VR applies a hefty -6 dice penalty to Perception tests, reducing Felix's roll to a "mere" 5 dice. 1 hit should be enough to pick up Damien's comment through the virtual tingling.

The Agent is rating 3, so it'll roll 6 dice to sweep every node within 4 kilometers looking for Lone Star signatures.

Hot sim gives me three initiative passes, so:
    Initiative: 12
    1: Load Agent
    2: Load Scan (into agent)
    3: Activate Sensors (Free), Order Van (Simple), Order Agent (Simple)

Current System load: 3/5
    Current Subscription list: 4/10
    -Agent
    -Van
    -Eyes (even though they're closed)
    -Ears

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 11 :

Onyx doesn't respond to Damien, at least not right away. He does continue to accelerate away. One of the cops fires at him again in spite of the billowing smoke. The other cop fires at the drone, attempting to get it to stop.

{{ Drone takes 1 box from the first shot. Drone takes 3 boxes from the second shot. }}

Damien starts to roll it away through the ever growing fog cloud. At the continued gun fire, Sabrina side steps to take cover behind the corner of the building while mentally planning her escape route.

{{ There is a low fence along the edge of the parking lot which will have to be hopped(Gymnastics + Agility, threshold 1) or climbed over(strength + climbing, threshold 1) }}

Felix fires up the van and activates his agent and starts to back up. The rear doors, which are still open swing wildly as the van starts to move.

(27 seconds to go)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Oy! No shooting the drone! Damien waits to shut the doors, so Sabrina can get in easier. He spends a few seconds wishing he'd given the drone a gun somehow. He continues feeding it directions as well, mostly so it'll get to where it needs to be for him to be able to scoop it up. Thankfully his gun is in a place where it's easy to draw, so he can get at it if he really needs to.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

To Damien: [Have we done enough?]

I need to get a real gun with real bullets.
    Sabrina runs over to the van and steps inside, pulling the door shut behind herself. "Dammit. What did that slitch spritz you with, Sin?" She grabs for her bag, pulling out the medkit to see about taking care of whatever is wrong with her brother. She doesn't even register the strange man sitting in the driver's seat, or that Damien obviously isn't jacked in right now.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix rouses himself from the digital world, then plots a course for the NE parking lot exit avoiding the fallen pedestrian.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action to switch back to AR and a Simple action to direct the van around the traffic at the stoplight.

My agent throws 1 hit toward picking out any hidden nodes.
    Last edited by Zaranthan; 2008-04-22 at 08:52 PM. Reason: How do I used sensor?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns, trying to wipe his face off. "Pepper spray," he growls. Through bloodshot eyes he glares out of the van towards the officers. "One last thing," he says as his hair seems to bristle and fade to a deep tan color.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Orgasm on one of the officers Force level 6
    Spellcasting: 10-4: 6 Dice: [6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1]: 2 hits
    Drain Value: (6/2)-2=1
    Resist: Just buying the resist, should still have 5 dice for it.

DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 12 :

Sabrina gets her medkit ready to use on her brother while Sinkalip blows another spell on the cops, so to speak. Damien rolls the smoker right up the back of the van, but will have to lift the thing up into the van manually. Felix holds his position while waiting for Damien to load his toys and close the doors.

The sensors report that quite a few vehicles nearby are all starting up as the customers finally reach their vehicles to flee the scene. If you don't go soon, you may get stuck at the exit(or forced to drive through the fence).

One of the cops drops out of sight behind the car into the smoke cloud while the other waves his hand around and seems to be talking to himself in a low voice.

Off in the distance you hear the squeal of tires and then Onyx sends back a message. [I'm going to do another drive by. Keep your heads down.]

(24 seconds to go)

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

[I think we're about to have company. That one cop looks like he's calling for backup] Damien gets the drone onto the van and shuts the rear doors. It should stop spewing smoke now. looks like they shot you up a bit, huh? he leaves the drone on the floor of the van and slides into the passenger's seat.

((I figured it was safe for Damien to assume the cop was not, in fact, merely talking to himself.))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Damien sitting in the passenger seat is what clues Sabrina in to the new person in the driver's seat.

To Damien: [Is this an invited or hostile guest? Do we need to be plotting how to get him out of the van?]

As she sends this, she starts working on Sin. "Oh, yeah. I, uh, should have recognized the effect." Using a clean cloth, she wipes the stuff off his face as carefully as possible, then smears a small amount of blue paste from a tube on his forehead.

Spoiler
    Show
    There doesn't seem to actually be a way to counter a toxin once it's been delivered, so Sabrina is just trying to help reduce the discomfort and take care of the damage.
    First Aid (16 - 2 for awakened, -1 for conditions, -1 wound mod = 12 dice): 1 hit, which is a failure but not a glitch. I think you can try again when you fail, so I've just gone ahead and done that.
    First Aid, take 2: 4 hits, which heals 2 boxes of damage.
    Total time for this is 9 seconds (3 rounds).

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

[Sorry, thought I mentioned it.. this is Felix, he's an old friend from college. Good with computers. He showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time, so we're helping him stop being there.] Damien grins to himself, though he's kind of worried. Still almost half a minute left on the timer... Hey Felix? Can you wait for maybe 20 seconds before burning rubber out of here? Go slow or something, cause I don't want to be stuck in this parking lot.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix sits up and glances at the newly occupied cars with a worried look. "You're the boss, but if we don't move soon, we might not move for a while." He twists around in his seat to face the other passengers. "Hey. The name's Felix and I'll be your chauffeur this eve- ...ow. Is he alright?"

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Ah. Well, then. Hi, Felix. I'm Sabrina, this is Sinkalip. I say we bail. Sin would be a our best bet for doing something now, but he can't. Onyx is going to do a drive-by, and that should be enough. We need to get out of here without anyone realizing all this was us."

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 13 and 14 and 15:

Sabrina, ever focused on the task, begins chatting with Felix while she cleans up Sinkalip and administers some drugs. Sinkalip relaxes and lets Sabrina work him over. Damien commands the drone to stop smoking, grabs the drone and loads him in the back and the van and closes the door before hopping in himself. Felix accellerates quickly, but not fast enough to 'burn rubber' and draw attention to van.

As he moves out, the blond with the flashy street racing bike pulls out right in front of him and guns it. She leaves a bit of smoke and a black mark on the pavement and kicks up some small rocks which you can hear ping off the van and the windshield.

Felix gets up to the edge exit and cuts off a stream of cars so that he can exit first. Pulling forward to the edge of the street he simply needs to decide... left or right? The blond went left. Onyx and a stop light are right. As he ponders it, the first shots from Onyx ring out.

(( 18 seconds to go ))

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Hope that didn't chip my windshield. Those are expensive... Damien mumbles about the pinging and watches the street. Ok, I sure as hell hope Onyx is up to holding this down for a few more seconds. Let's get out of here. I'm going to take advantage of not having to drive and try to repair the gunshot damage to my drone.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix orders the van to make an aggressive left turn. "Yeah, moving away from bullets now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot my scanning last round, 4 hits. Plus 2 more this turn.
    Last edited by Zaranthan; 2008-04-26 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Stop mitigating everything.

23. - Top - End - #533

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

"Not a bad idea," Sin says as he sits letting Sabrina take care of him. "Freelling witch," he grumbles under his breath.

(Not doing anything else unless needed.)
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-04-29 at 03:49 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

After checking her commlink, Sabrina sighs a little and looks up at Felix. "Take us to 8205 Industrial Way. We've got a half an hour." She finally sits back into one of the seats and straps herself in, completely uncertain how Felix drives. And she rubs the side of her head with a couple of fingers, hoping to massage away the light throbbing behind her eyes.

Message to Onyx: [Sin's pretty messed up and one of Damien's drones is hosed. We're moving out. Drive fast and see you at the Dynatech place.]

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Felx guns it, pulling between two cars which probably shouldn't have been pulled between. One slams on the brakes as Felix crosses traffic and starts heading north into the residential zone.

In the rear view mirror he can see the light changed and traffic is coming up behind him fast.

Onyx fires his weapon at the store front, shooting out the windows and damaging several nearby vehicles. When he looks back he discovers the light changed to red and the car in front of him had stopped. His quick reactions save him and he makes a hard right turn around the corner heading south.

{{ Everyone make a perception test. Felix can make both a physical one and one using the vehicle sensors.

Mods :
    Distracted -2
    Object not in immediate vicinity -2
    Object stands out in some way +2
    Damage (as applicable)
    Light (None yet)
    Vision Enhancements (as applicable)
    Total -2
    Threshold 2

}}

{{ Also.. what plans for the next 30 minutes? Drone repair? Ritual spirit summoning? Watching Trids?

You stunned people... can roll to recover and get half(round down) the number of boxes after 30 minutes. }}

26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix grins as the van careens out into traffic. "Nice engine you got in this thing, Damien."

Spoiler
    Show
    5 hits should be enough to spot things.

As for the future, I'll load up my Analyze program and Mapsoft, and send the van to the next checkpoint. If the Scan turns up any hidden nodes, I'll Analyze them myself.

I've also got some small talk to fill a bit of time, but maybe that should wait for the results of the Perception test.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

About a minute later, Felix(and anyone else lucky enough to make the perception test) notices a small Lonestar ball drone flying along behind the van as it heads north weaving through the residential district.

Its about 40-50 meters back and about 20 meters up in the air.

28. - Top - End - #538

AssassinGuy

Sin'ka'lip

Sin leans back in the seat, breathing softly for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Not rolling the perception. Only have 4 dice perfectly healthy, and am at -4 right now, so...

Recovery: 2(Body)+4(Will)=6 dice: [6, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1] - 1 hit, halved = no additional healing
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-05-01 at 04:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. Damien is currently busy with repairing his drone. Knowing how much he gets engrossed in his work, it's unlikely that he'll notice the drone that isn't his flying along behind them. and hey, he's not being distracted by driving, so he might even be able to fix the drone better this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    buying 0 hits on the perception test, because I'd only have one dice.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Felix glances around, checking the roadway ahead and behind. No. He grabs the rear-view mirror and stares at it for a moment, taking a trid picture with his cybereyes. He pulls out his commlink and displays the image on its built-in holoprojector. "I need a favor. Somebody tell me that floating drone following us doesn't have a Lone Star logo on the side. Please."