New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default TW: Imperium IC

The Emperor is Dead, Imperium in Turmoil
    Emperor Maximilian Laramy the third of his name died in his sleep today at the age of 162. Our most beloved emperor is mourned by the entire Imperium and billions have traveled to Sigma Kuldav to view his body lying in state. Under his leadership the Imperium enjoyed a golden age of prosperity and expansion the likes of which have not been seen since Empress Hallow herself.

Unfortunately the respected Archduke Sebastian Laramy and Crown Princess Katherine Laramy died two years ago in the Kisko Incident leaving only two surviving children of the emperor, the reprehensible Alexander Laramy and the scheming Persephone Laramy. However we are blessed that even in his waning days the emperor retained his characteristic foresight.

Reports are that both surviving Laramy heirs attempted to activate the Titanium Throne while their father's body was still warm. And to the relief of Imperial citizens everyone both failed. As his final command the emperor placed the throne in Lockdown Delta preventing all access until the new emperor has been confirmed by the Imperial High Court.

Lockdown Delta was last authorized in IE 692 when the entire Jules line was killed by assassins and as such the protocol will take extensive time to unravel and determine who stands the best claim to succeed the titanium throne. Until then all Imperial forces are on standby limited to protecting Imperial facilities and services.

This has left the Imperium in de facto independence. With the Laramys fighting for control of their own house every Duke and Duchess is free to chart their own policies and path to power. And even many lesser nobles have failed to reaffirm their oaths of fealty. Already the Imperium is undergoing four separate wars, and most predict that this number will only rise before the Throne is initialized and the Imperium stabilized.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

Public Broadcast to the Zaqaruans

The Great and Just
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Loyal Zaqaruans, prepare yourselves!

The efforts of decades of work to establish a lasting peace has been shattered by the Sansones. We are once more at War!

Rise up and stand together against our old rival. A generation has grown up knowing not the foolhardiness of the Sansones, so I call to the parents and grandparents, the elderly and the veterans. Share with the children your stories of strife and combat.

Remember too the older tales passed down and written. My ancestor ruled this sector as rightful King with Sansone as vassal, leading a Golden Age of Prosperity. Yet the Sansones listened to treacherous whispers and through their treason the Kingdom fell. Ever since there had been conflict, until my dearly departed father, the Brave Duke Agoban Zaqaru, supported my efforts to forge a peace treaty.

Sealed by the sanctity of marriage between Nabanu Zaqaru and Guaria Sansone, a shining future where Zaqaruan and Sansonean would stand together to reclaim the glory of the past. As broken as the marriage was, so too is that future broken. Therefore, I harshly discard that future and set our sights to a new one as I recall the past and act.

Glory will be obtained in battle! We will wrest control of the star system Gade connecting the star systems of the Sansones together and rend their territory in two, just as they have broken our noble lines apart.

Look beyond the daily habit, the local struggles. Set your gaze to our shared goal to bring Justice to the Sansones and repay them in kind for the wrongs they have done in the past and present. They think themselves safe on their worlds, protected by armies. I will prove them wrong and show their defense is meaningless when our fleets strike with righteousness.

While the Zaqaru name has been slandered by noble Houses who consider us Peacebreakers, know that our cause is just and right. The Zaqaru Dynasty holds a lawful claim on all the Sansone territories by ancestral right as former liege of the Sansones. Where they refused to bend their knee in the past, our might will force them down now.

Already other Houses have followed our example as they knew that this peace was not to last with the death of Emperor Maximilian Laramy. House Berger has declared war on House Voss, as has House Kelse on House Jinks. The Empire shakes in turmoil, but we stand strong and will show the galaxy our might! Stand with me, Zaqaruans, against the false-hearted Sansones!
    Star System Gade is located at the coordinates 11.-03.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Other image host.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

House Ytterbus capital world Zothon (12,14)
    16 hours, 24, minutes, and 41 seconds since the death of Emperor Maximilian Laramy III

The emperor is dead.
    Duke Arthrax lowered the pad. One message, that was all it took. The agent didn't need to send more, the meaning was clear enough. If his metal shell had a face, it would have grinned a self-assured smile. He was built like a tank, although significantly smaller, in order to fit through doors sized for humans. His arms dangled beneath his chassis, and his "head" was a turret at the top with the necessary speakers and sensors attached. He shifted on his four crablike legs, turning to hold the datapad out to the other person in the room with a hydraulic claw. "Read this, out loud." A pair of warm, living hands took it. The girl was a teenager, nearing the age when she too could trade in her body of flesh for one of steel. She clearly had imperial blood in her, by the look of her face, the set of her eyes, but there was something inexplicably off about her, something about the way she looked at you, the way she seemed to be taking notes on everything you said. She was dressed in what could only be described as the result of smashing a lab coat and a formal gown together in a particle accelerator. She read the message out loud. "The emperor is dead. No surprise." "Indeed. But we have long waited for a chance to return to glory. The right words in the right places, and soon, the throne will be mine. And then, when the time comes, it shall be yours, my daughter." She looked back at Arthrax's glass faceplate, behind which his brain could be seen floating in preserving fluid, electrodes attached to it, and smiled. They both knew, that regardless what happens next, the empire will be glorious chaos, and that they would bring it to order.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-03-13 at 12:37 AM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Inheritance

The Zaqaru Dynasty has several inheritance laws in place for its Duke title. They can be abbreviated as follows:

• The Council, consisting of five positions, votes on candidates, with the candidate obtaining the most votes being the heir to the title of Duke. Should there be a tie, the last will of the former Duke is decisive.
    • The Duke will abdicate the title to their heir between the age of 80 and 84, at the passing of a year dividable by 5.
    • Valid candidates are the children and siblings of the current holder. Should any candidate have died or be ineligible due to age, their children become valid candidates, unless they are dead or ineligible due to age, where their children become valid candidates, and so on.

Candidates

Spoiler: Candidate List and Heir
    Show

Nocri Zaqaru

Nocri Zaqaru is the oldest child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. 47 years old, she is married and has two children. She has a scientific background, though is not known for any research of great note as she is considered a Slothful person. Searching the truth in scientific matters, she reflects it with Honesty. Perhaps it is something she found in her studies or the political arena, but something has left her Paranoid and Craven.

Abus Zaqaru
    1 Vote: 2nd Choice

Abus Zaqaru is the second child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. Almost a year younger than his older sister at 47 years old, he is married and has three children. Well versed in science, he takes after his father with a Greedy attitude. Proud of his heritage and dynasty, he is not above Deceit to get what he wants. He pursues his agenda with Diligence.

Grand Administrator
    Caksya Gupta
    I support Abus Zaqaru. His Diligence will see us through the coming times, leading the Zaqaru Dynasty to great heights and wealth.

Eshkit Zaqaru

Eshkit Zaqaru is the third child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. At the age of 42, she is without children and already a widow, having lost her husband due to undisclosed reasons. Like her older siblings, she has a scientific interest and background. Taking after her older sister with a Slothful attitude, some claim that she has become Wrathful after the loss of her husband, while other claim it has only then risen to the surface. It is because of her Temperature nature that it did not show before and the same reasoning applies to a streak of Cruelty, pronounced since the loss of her husband.

Nabuna Zaqaru
    4 Votes: Heir

Nabuna Zaqaru is the fourth child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqara. At the age of 38, he is without child and divorced from Guaria Sansone. The arranged marriage was part of a peace treaty between the Zaqaru Dynasty and House Sansone, but Guaria Sansone filed for divorce, leading to the current war between the noble families. Like his father, Nabuna is trained in Intelligence and has a Greedy attitude. Some claim he is Deceitful, despite his reputation of being Humble. Perhaps it was because of the divorce or something else, but he shows signs of Paranoia. In a lesser extent, he also takes after his father as he values Justice.

Grand Diplomat
    Ningilga Zaqaru
    I give my support to Nabuna Zaqaru, for he is Just like his father.

Grand Admiral
    Elos Roshami
    I favour Nabuna Zaqaru. While Abus Zaqaru is a good candidate as well, Nabuna Zaqaru is the best candidate to lead now we are at war with House Sansone. He must be given the opportunity to avenge his broken marriage.

Grand Agent
    Ayallal Attar
    I back Nabuna Zaqaru. His intelligence training will be a vital asset as we can rely on his Justice to see us through future conflicts.

Grand Scientist
    Baresu Zaqaru
    My choice falls on Nabuna Zaqaru. It was a difficult decision to pick between Nabuna Zaqaru as Just candidate and Abus Zaqaru as Diligent candidate. However, given the current war, I feel it right that Nabuna Zaqaru will be next to lead.

Puabi Zaqaru

Puabi Zaqaru is the youngest child of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. She is 35 years, happily married and as of yet without children. She is well versed in economy. With a flirtatious behaviour, she is considered Lustful as she Enviously looks at other husbands. Like her father, she is considered Just in matters of state, though she is a much stronger supporter of harsh punishment and eye for an eye, earning her a reputation as Wrathful and Cruel.

Meta Zaqaru

Meta Zaqaru is the second child of the Brave Duke Abolar Zaqaru, sister to the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. At 71 years, she is married and has five adult children and like her older brother is grandparent. Studied in intelligence, she is known to be Envious and well applying her studies, earning her a reputation as Deceitful. Like her brother, she is Cynical, though remains Humble. Unlike her brother, she is considered Charitable.

Esuukas Zaqaru

Esuukas Zaqaru is a third child and brother to the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. 69 years and married, he is without children. He has a science background, known to have a Greedy streak. Some claim he has no children because he is Cruel, while others point to his Chaste behaviour. Few dare to say that to his face, however, as he is also known for his Wroth.

Zarossu Zaqaru

Zarossu Zaqaru is a fourth child and brother to the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. 63 years and married, he has one adult child. With an academic background in finance he takes clear Pride in, he is keen to show off his knowledge as an Erudite. Easy to Trust others as he shows off his knowledge, he is also eager to share his knowledge of other more literal appetites with food, marking him as Gluttonous. His taste extends further as well, giving him a Lustful reptuation.

Mammyl Zaqaru

Mammyl Zaqaru is the youngest sibling of the Great and Just Duke Abolar Zaqaru. At 58 years old, she is on her second marriage and has five children, four of them adult. She is a scientist, indulging herself in other things than science as well as a Gluttonous person. Indulging herself in more, the children may have been the product of her Lustful desires, though she does thirst for knowledge as well. Considered an Erudite with a sharp and Cynical attitude, it still seems she not only Envies knowledge, but perhaps relations as well.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-03-30 at 02:48 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Democratic Collective of the People

First Equal Aethelbyrd finds himself in an awkward position. He is pleased by the news scrolling across his simple communications wheel, of course. A despot is dead. This is only exciting and heart-lifting news for the Collective. But Aethelbyrd is young and new. He was elected a mere fifty-four weeks ago, meaning his current rank is less than a month old. The year-long training that all First Equals undergo had prepared him for the responsibilities of normal leadership, not this great burden. Was he equal to the task? Would he lead his people into destruction? Only time would tell.

The gray doors swing open, bringing a small smile to the Equal's face. Swinging doors with no locks. A symbol with many layers, some of which he was only grasping now. The lack of ostentation and modernity, of course, spoke to the spurning of riches. The first layer. It also signaled approachability - the First Equal was not some standoffish, distant figure to the people he served. Anyone could speak with him about any topic, at any time.

That thought, of course, brought another to Aethelbyrd's mind, unbidden. The needles. The one luxury the First Equal was entitled to - from the date of his election until the Day of Surrendering (when his tenure would end), First Equals did not require, and were indeed forbidden, sleep. Silence and a lack of focus still brought on the dreams, though. Horrid, uncontrolled, fantastical dreams filled with torture. Nightmares, one might call them, except they could spring unbidden into his mind at any time. Best to stay focused, of course. Best to work for the people.

The doors. Yes, the doors. The next layer. A reminder? A reminder of how little time he has. The doors are quick to open and quick to swing shut. They cannot be barred. One's time in this office is fleeting, to say the least. The First Equals must know this, and must work to accomplish what they can in a mere 6 months. Security is the next layer. There are no locks in the First Headquarters of the Collective's Servants. Aethelbyrd's blood is worthless, aside from its value to the People. His predecessor is gone. His two successors are in training, just down the hallway. If a-

"First Equal Aethelbyrd. You called for me?"

Aethelbyrd's reverie is broken. Mentally chiding himself for lapsing into such fanciful thoughts, he looks to the young woman standing just inside the doorway. Her dark skin and bright clothes stand out masterfully with the subdued gray walls. Grida, his First Advisor on the People's Voice.

"Yes. Make it known to All Who Share Our Path: The Oppressor is dead. The power-hungry tyrants will blind themselves with war and intrigue. The People will move."

Grida's eyes widen as she takes in his words. A smile splits her unpainted lips and she hurries out of the room.

Aethelbyrd smiles as she leaves.

I can do this.

Four more First Advisors enter the gray room and take seats at the simple table. Excitement buzzes in the room as six Second Advisors soon follow. The ten begin perusing the notes Aethelbyrd has prepared. Factions whose nobles are fat, factions whose leadership might be made to see reason and peacefully give control to the people. Factions that more purely represent the oppression the People hate and thus might be ripe for rebellion. It is a lot to take in, and attention is turned toward the First Equal, eyes burning bright with the possibilities.

I have to.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2019-03-13 at 10:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

The yellow sun of Samarkand poured into the great Tanaem Bio-Arcology, blooming the decorative Voss-Blue Roses and eliciting a sigh of pleasure from the assembled court. On que with the sunports opening, the orchestra picked up a mournful dirge and Maximilian Laramy’s visage was projected on every wall. Farid Saquar, Grand Marquis and Supreme Sheik, stood before the assembled nobility, sorrow in his eyes and respect in his voice.

“Emperor Maximilian was a great man, an Emperor deserving of his rank and title.” A pause, laced with implication and accusation. “We now walk in his shadow, and can aspire to make his eternal rest peaceful and satisfied. So today is a day of mourning for our great Sovereign, but tomorrow…” Saquar let his gaze wander the audience, eyes hard and cold.

“Tomorrow our duty becomes more important than ever. The Imperium must not crumble in the coming strife, the Hounds at the Gates will not rest, and will see vulnerability behind our radiant barriers. Our peers will look hungrily upon their neighbors behind our backs. Remain vigilant my friends, together we will emerge from the coming age tempered by the fires of conflict, stronger than Adamant. Samarkand Ascendant.”

No raised fist accompanied the fleet motto, for the day remained one of mourning, and the assembled court sat in silence for a moment.

“I now open the floor to those who wish to share the poetry of their mourning. I will begin.”

My Master taught me a lesson:
    “Any moment you are negligent
    in remembrance of Duty
    is a moment spent in denial of Honor.”
    My Master lives on
    In remembrance of his Lesson

Enigma 4

NPCs

House Sasone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Sasone,
    I write to investigate the claims of Abolar Zaqaru. His public statements leave a poor taste in my mouth, and I wish to hear both sides before I make an official statement on the matter.

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand
    Master of the Grand Marquis
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-03-13 at 12:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

House Berger

Ernst was standing on the observation deck of his flagship Patience, the only battlecruiser in the entire fleet. Most ships House Berger had were destroyers - many of them were the same ships that the House was originally granted by the emperor to subdue the colonies in the area. Their hulls showed signs of past battles, and of the many attempts to fix the damage. Patience was the only ship they had had larger than that, and most ships smaller had been scrapped for parts already, with the hull of a few destroyers now being a patchwork of former corvettes. It wasn't the most impressive fleet around, or the largest, but it did get the job done. The fleet, like so many other things, had been neglected by his father when he had prioritized more frivolous pursuits.

"The Emperor is dead." he said to the man standing by his side. Admiral Kuhn was responsible for the fleet whenever Ernst wasn't personally handling that role, and he was very well aware that Maximilian had died. They had been discussing the implications of this for the past few hours. "Which likely means, as you pointed out" - a comment Kuhn noted with a slight nod - "that house Voss is unlikely to receive much support from the emperor. Or we. Both of us are on our own now, unless some of the other dukes decide to intervene. Both of the Laramy heirs have too much to worry about."

"The fleet is all here, Your Grace." Kuhn reminded him. "That it is. With hulls kept together with duct tape, and rail guns older than I am. But, it will have to do", Ernst replied. "Let's move out then. Take course towards the warp gate. It will be better to fight this war above one of their worlds than it is to do it above ours. [05,-02] should be a fine starting place."

Ernst stepped away from the window. The Voss were certainly opportunistic, but they usually were right. If they thought that war was a good idea, how much of a chance did House Berger have? He'd have to be in contact with the other dukes, before Voss got to them first.

Enigma 5

PCs

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Grace,

I write to you about the wars we find ourselves in. You with the treacherous House Sansone, and we with the lying House Voss. I'd like to inquire about the future plans of your great dynasty. You seem to be, unfortunately, blocked from the rest of the empire by both the Sansone and the Voss. Perhaps, after the initial phases of our respective wars have been dealt with, we could cooperate? You need access to the rest of the empire if you are to survive the coming civil war, and I would never turn down additional vassals.

House Greenflame
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Grace,

your noble House is well known for it's knowledge of the areas outside of the empire. This is far outside of my own expertise, yet it is something I hold an interest in. Perhaps you'd be willing to part with some of that information?

Your famous universities are also of interest to me. Any projects you are planning on? Perhaps we could cooperate? Unfortunately, our own are in a state of disrepair and thus we can not contribute to the research itself, but perhaps you would allow us to handle the manufacturing process?

Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire has seen many 'democratic' movements before, most of them having fallen on their own just to become a far worse tyranny than any noble house. I know the other houses well - what motivates them, what they want. You are more of a mystery. But, as we now find ourselves in the same quadrant I found it best to ask about your future plans. Anything specific you are planning?

NPCs

Earls in [05,02]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

is there any information you could share about your system? Unfortunately, our archives are lacking in any information as to the ongoing situation in the area.
    Last edited by Pahvimato; 2019-03-13 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Ball

A lavish ball is hosted at the luxurious Erit Palace, one of the many Zaqaru palaces. This one is used for diplomatic purposes and lies close to the spaceport of the magnificent metropolis Erit. The largest city in Zaqaru space, it is the major trade hub at the capital planet Athon in the Marqash system (coordinates: 7\0).

It is one of three events planned for high society in the first year at the turning of the decade. Those of noble blood from far and wide are invited. A chance for the upper class to meet and mingle, though all three events are organised for a reason. The heir apparent of the Zaqaru Dynasty, Nabuna Zaqaru is currently unmarried due to the divorce of Guaria Sansone, plunging the two Houses in a war. Obviously, no members of House Sansone will be present at any of the events.

At the age of 38, he is considered old by the Zaqaru Dynasty for looking for a wife, as most have married before the age of 20, their parents arranging a partner. As gracious host, the events are organised beyond Nabuna's wish to find a partner, as the romantic themes give plenty of opportunities for other noble families to meet and arrange marriages as well. The target audience of the Ball are singles of noble blood and their families, which is the same target audience for the Masquerade a season later and the Banquet another season later.

With three events hosted, the Zaqaru Dynasty gives plenty of opportunity for Houses not on friendly terms to avoid another, as well as at least joining one site to possible schedule conflicts if it had been one event. The war with House Sansone has not stopped the Zaqaru Dynasty from hosting luxurious events of high class and esteem, for they consider this occasion as matter of noble importance.

In addition, Nabuna Zaqaru is under a lot of family pressure to get a wife, due to being preferred inheritance candidate by the Council. He will need a good support for the time to come and any political arrangements and opportunities stemming from a marriage must be taken into account.

Nabuna Zaqaru
    Heir Apparent

[OOC] The Zaqaru Dynasty is looking for a suitable noble wife for Nabuna Zaqaru, the Heir Apparent. Whichever House provides a partner for Nabuna will enjoy improved relations with the Zaqaru Dynasty. Only those of noble birth, thus from Houses without Titleless will be considered. The marriage will only be accepted with any potential children being considered part of the Zaqaru Dynasty and not part of the other House.

If the proposed partner is a sibling, child or grandchild of the House's current ruler, the Zaqaru Dynasty will see this as close bond and Non-Aggression pact. This pact will hold for as long as the marriage lasts and both partners are alive and close enough in family relation to the current ruler of both houses. Close enough is sibling, child, grandchild, parent or grandparent.
    The Zaqaru Dynasty will invest 15 Prestige in the Treaty and expects a likewise amount from the other. No non-aggression pact while suggesting a marriage with a family member of close relation to the current ruler is considered an insult. The Zaqaru Dynasty is more willing to form alliances with those they have a non-aggression pact with.

If there are multiple proposed partners, a partner will be selected based on the origin House and diplomatic benefit. If there are no proposed partners, Nabuna Zaqaru is pressured to marry a relative of one of their earl vassals.

Dancers image source: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/...=greeting-card

Enigma 7 (Requires Cypher 8 or higher to read.)

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Berger,

I believe my plans are quite obvious, for I seek to bring House Sansone to their knees. Cooperation is certainly of interest, for as you say, House Voss lies between Zaqaru and the rest of the galaxy. If you have concrete plans, I am interested to learn more. In addition, I am curious what your goal is in the war against House Voss. Is it merely to strike down your sister, Anna, or do you seek more?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Other image host.

9. - Top - End - #9

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Players

To House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Abolar,
    Your acts of war against Sasone fill me with dread, for with the Laramy siblings rejected by the throne I fear that groups like the Democratic Republic of the People will use your aggression as one more bullet in their magazine to stir unrest among our subjects across the imperium. And for what? A divorce? Please Lord Abolar, explain to me what has so deeply gone wrong between you and the Sasone that you power your weapons before the Emperors corpse is even cold.

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

To House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Vastaad,
    Greetings Duchess, my condolences for the death of your father, I write in hope that our houses can form a healthy relationship where previously there was none. I believe we represent the two houses most under threat by the DRotP, and while I am unsure as yet how to approach the problem they represent, I am near certain that a unified front between us would be better than either of us alone.

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

To House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Berger,
    I'm afraid my house's secrets were bought dearly and must be sold as such, though I hear your house knows of the secret gates? Perhaps we could arrange a trade?

With regards to SamU and the BMA we are indeed about to go on something of a development frenzy. I'm certain we could come to some arrangement.

That said, before we go any further with our dealings, you stand at war in all but name with House Voss… a pity with the other conflicts springing up with Lord Maximilian’s death, what are your plans for the situation once the conflict is decided? What are your goals in this war?

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

NPCs

House Voss
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Voss,
    Your house has long been known for an ear to politics, so I find myself curious of your take on the two Laramy siblings, especially now that the Throne itself has rejected them. Would you be interested in talking further on the matter?

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

The Freehold
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Freehold,
    It is my sorrowful duty to inform you that Emperor Maximilian is dead. While his death may not be mourned in your state as he is in mine, his passing has expired the previous truce held between our people. Succession is not yet clear, I would therefore like to extend the Reclamation Truce by a minimum of 10 years, and reopen negotiations for a permanent peace between our people.

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dear Duke Saquar,

It seems you are not educated on the history between the Zaqaru Dynasty and House Sansone. I will be more than happy to inform you what exactly this divorce means.

In the glorious past of the Zaqaru Dynasty, my ancestor ruled as rightful King of this sector, with House Sansone as vassal. In a terrible turn of events, the peace and prosperity the Zaqaru Dynasty had established was shattered and House Sansone betrayed its oaths of fealthy as they struck against Zaqaru. They managed to gain their independance and ever since, there has been a long and deep fued between our noble lines. While the Zaqaru Dynasty has often tried to strike at House Sansone in the past, their defense has begrudingly held against our noble might. I saw the conflict and lives lost as inefficient and lobbied to my father, the Brave Duke Agoban Zaqaru, to start peace negotiations. After decades of hard work, our noble houses had established a peace treaty bond by blood in the marriage contract of Nabuna Zaqaru and Guaria Sansone. Finally, after generations, the Zaqaru and Sansone Dynasties knew peace.

Guaria Sansone filed for divorce, breaking the marriage contract and the peace treaty in the same revolting action. All the effort put in to work towards peace and unity, gone and lost. As you can understand, this has made abundantly clear that House Sansone did not intend to put the fued to rest. I cannot let such a terrible act of injustice just pass by. House Sansone knew this would have repurcussions. I will make them pay for their act of aggression dearly, as is just and right.

However, I understand your worry regarding this foolish band of star systems that calls itself a Republic. I share your concerns, for I would see their government fall sooner rather than later, so they can be brought back to the natural order of proper and decent feudalism. Please keep me informed should you note disturbances.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-03-13 at 04:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: High Courtesan Miras
    Show

Miras world glows in the multifaceted colors of so many ravishing and external sources. The parties hosted by the high courtesan are constant and nobility both men and women from all over the galaxy come to dine on the endless treats provided by this place. The pleasure palaces of the high courtesan was where real intrigue happened and lessor nobles were married off to those the High Courtesans court deemed worthy of tasting the sweet nectar house Taturus cultivated.

The high courtesan looked down from her pedestal and caught the sight of one of the many orgys that rippled through this place and in its center was a man dressed as an emperor... Well half dressed now, and it was while she looked on at the display within her palace that the news arrived.
    The emperor is dead. He has no heirs.
    She sat back and sighed if it was mournful or exaggerated no one could be sure. She placed her head in her hands and a silent whisper went out to the man who was this worlds god.

"The party is over tonight my lovelies take it all back to your rooms." She turned to a young man at her side and placed her hand at the edge of his back. "Have the court of Taturus summoned, we have much to do."

The council of Taturus was an enigma of itself each running a unique aspect of their operation, of their family. The high courtesan stood above all of them but only the most foolish high courtesan dared to step into politics without consulting her consul.

Spoiler: Admiral Watson Xang
    Show

While the fleet of Tatarus was far from sizeable it was enough to defend what they had laid claim to and the lands that made up their vast holdings. He was an honest and up front man, and the best at what he did. He was one of the few on the council who had not stood as a courtesan for one of higher birth. He had always lived here on their colonies.

Spoiler: High Educator Julian Tash
    Show

Julian trained the next generation of courtesans and court holders. Most men and women would look to her and while not directly involved in teaching she handled all administration and kept their many teachers in line. She was dangerous, and quick to anger though no one would realize it until she had driven the proverbial knife in their back. She was stunning and kind when you were her friend however.

Spoiler: Oracle Quinton Tysar
    Show

Their scientific advisor and their lead scientist Quinton was rather stodgy and under funded. His department had been long ignored for income going in other directions. He always made the best of it however and little attention was paid the work he did. Still his voice mattered on the council. His younger years were spent as a courtesan for a stunning duchess of house Henrickson.

Spoiler: hatyaara Odessa
    Show

The voice of their espionage, assassination and infiltration core. Hatyaara Odessa was an absolutely brilliant leader, and a keen mind in the whims of the machinations of the underbelly of this world. No one was better at it then Odessa. Someone would even say she was the best in the world, and her history is a cruel sad one where her time as a courtesan led her into the arms of an abusive lessor lord of house Ayers who has since tragically gone missing...

--------------------------------

When the council was convened they sat in a rose garden that hovered in the lower atmosphere. A thin dome of a material only Tysar could describe kept them safe from the elements while they all spoke of the tragedy of the emperors death. "So we are a crossroads, we owe much of our success to the current emperor but he still refused to grant us noble title. That means we owe his house Laremy no fealty." The high concubines voice was such a sing song dissonance it made all men, women and others melt.

"Expansion is out of the question. I barely have the resources to protect what we currently control. You will need to place a great deal more income into the fleets if we're to even consider that." Growls Xang, "but we must address house Steel, and get in touch with the bankers."

Hatyaara Odessa finally spoke out, "my high courtesan there is a party on the far side of the galaxy but it appears they have no intention of inviting us." She grinned, "we need to reach out and make sure as many of our magnificent men and women make it since there is an heir being put on display don't you think?"

The high courtesan looked absolutely offended. "Why would any party be thrown without the desire for our presence? Who is insulting us?"

"Zaqaru."

She pouted and grumbled. "The nerve."

Tysar spoke up then, "if we have some concerns about militarys coming for our territory, more resources in the sciences would go far..."

They looked at him in unison, the high courtesan sighing. "I will see what the budget allows."

Enigma 5

House Steel
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stunning appearence of the high courtesan glowed in a disk which shot up a 3D image of the woman. She was dressed in nothing but lace and various aphrodisiac paints.
    "We have long maintained close friendships with your house, and both of us have held the unfortunate distinction of never being granted a title by our now dead emperor. We want to maintain this close connection, I do not want us to be at one anothers throat. Of course I am happy to have you come see me to discuss this in as much detail as you require."

House Xinclair
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stunning appearence of the high courtesan glowed in a disk which shot up a 3D image of the woman. She wore a ravishing pantsuit with a plunging neckline with no end of jewelry and showy wealth for the leaders of house Xinclair.
    "My beloved moneylenders," She giggled adding a sultry delight to her voice. "How can I continue to show gratitude for our close relations. I want you to know we deeply respect your help in bolstering Taturus and are excited to continue working together. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. The death of the emperor is a frightening time for those without noble title and for those who do legitimate business within the empire and I want to make sure nothing shakes your good works."

Earl of space cluster -4,-13
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stunning appearence of the high courtesan glowed in a disk which shot up a 3D image of the woman. She was dressed in nothing but lace and various aphrodisiac paints.
    "My beloved earl its been so long since you visited our pleasure palaces. You know your family is always welcome within my territory. I hope you can speak to me of your plans I want to make sure relations are improved with all of those in your quadrant. I am not sure if you heard but the emperor has perished along with his immediate bloodline and we must do all in our power to assure there are absolutely NO issues." She offered a brilliant grin but a warning peeked behind her smile. "Do think of what is best for you and yours I want to make sure that our part of space is a happy healthy one."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

House Vastadd

With the death of her father and the emperor Izabela was so rushed off her feet with domestic and foreign affairs that she had yet to make a speech to the people and formerly accept leadership. She sent off some messages to other families of interest and vowed to make a public declaration within the next couple of days.

Enigma 4

House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured Cousin,
    It pains me greatly to hear of your sister’s betrayal to your house. In these trying times it would benefit close family to stick together. I wish to visit you to discuss how we can help each other repair our fractured houses.

House Xinclair
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured Chief Financial Director,
    Due to my father's indulgent lifestyle and general incompetence I now need to discuss my family’s finances with people that can be trusted. I will be sending my Half-Sister who is well versed in economics to discuss our plans and what you could offer us.

House Greenflame
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured Duke,
    Thank you for your kind words, but my father was a plague on my family that I hope to move on from. I agree that unity will serve us all well in the trying times that are still to come. I hope that diplomacy can hold an answer to any problems on our borders but presenting a unified front would help in that regard as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured spokesperson of the people,
    While we may not conventionally see eye to eye it would be ignorant and foolish of me to dismiss such a close neighbour without first hearing from them. I wish to send an ambassador to you in the hope that I can turn any opinions you may have formed about my family.

Earl of 01,-07
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured Earl,
    Firstly please accept my apologies on behalf of my family for any problems my father may have caused you in the past. I wish to build my house back to its former glory and part of that is to improve trade infrastructure. As such your system has been selected for brand new trade hubs. Please let me know whether such an improvement would be acceptable to you.
    Last edited by Atrum Umbra; 2019-03-14 at 10:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

House Arnos

Enigma 5

Spoiler: Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    Greetings Oh Esteemed Duke. We are excited to hear that your heir apparent is looking for a marriage partner. My younger sister, Saundri Arnos, is also looking for a suitable husband after her many years of military service. You will find she is an excellent partner for a future ruler. She has knowledge of both military and economic matters. Her many ten years of service as a ship admiral for the Arnos Third Anti-piracy Fleet has given her the vision and commanding presence one needs in a ruler's wife. We hope for your consideration and for future business with your esteemed house.
    Best Regards,
    Raudos Arnos, Duke of Atolos

NPC

Spoiler: House Gadhavi
    Show
    Greetings, oh masters of trade. We at House Arnos hope that you will listen to our offer. With the death of the Emperor and the rejection of his children, lawlessness is sure to rise. Pirates and greedy houses will be sure to use this brief gap in imperial control to attempt to loot and plunder, especially such a rich house as yours. That is why we, with our great fleets, are hoping to enter an alliance with your great house. With our wondrous navy and skilled captains, we can protect your trade fleets from hostile pirates and vicious brigands for just a small percentage of your profits. If you want the security that House Arnos brings, please message us back at soon as possible. as you never know when the next pirate will strike.
    Best Regards,

Spoiler: Earls at 3/-7
    Show
    Greetings future vassals. With the death of the Emperor, chaos and instability are on the rise. What you need is the protection of a strong, resolute house, and that is just what you will be getting. We shall be taking over the governance of the system and rooting out all the pirates and bandits that lurk in your system. I hope that you be wonderful and loyal vassals during the coming chaos
    Best regards,

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: House Arnos (Enigma 7)
    Show
    Dear Duke Arnos,

Wonderful! Your sister, Saundri Arnos, a very suitable partner. I can inform you that Nabuna Zaqaru is greatly looking forward to a meeting. Saundri Arnos and those accompanying her are welcome at any of the Zaqaru Events.

On behalf of Nabuna Zaqaru I invite her to the Zaqaru Ball, where Nabuna Zaqaru offers his first dance to Saundri Arnos. Should attendance of another event be preferred, send word and I will make suitable arrangements so that Saundri Arnos will be able to meet Nabuna Zaqaru at the first opportunity.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Zaqaru Events

Spaceships are making their way through stargates towards the Marqash system (coordinates: 7\0). Carrying with them are the noble guests and singles seeking love. Or, far more likely, good opportunities to forge bonds between noble houses and create marriage contracts or arrange bethrotals. As the ships enter Zaqaru space at the star system Abyre (coordinates: 8\-2), they are soon hailed by Zaqaru naval vessels and assigned an escort to guide them to the capital planet Athon and from there to the metropolis Erit, where close to its spaceport lies the Erit Palace, the destination for the guests.

[OOC] For more detail regarding the events, see a previous post. Below are public details known about the events.

Zaqaru Ball

Magnificent ballrooms, gowns swirling on music. The Zaqaru Ball takes place along several large chambers with each their own dance and music style, changing as the evening turns into night. From the ancient classical music, to the latest in fashion. Where the dances are formal and slow in the main ballroom, another ballroom chamber offers fast and upbeat tunes to dance on together. Where the main ballroom offers dances to partners having selected each other or were pressured into it by their parents, another ballroom chamber offers two lines of dancers, where the dances are for pairs, but the partner switches on each high beat.

The interior of Erit Palace is lavish, filled with luxury. Little expense has been spared to show the grandest decorations and architectural marvels. Nor has expenses been paid on music or dance, for at the main ballroom the famous musician Sheke Feldshal leads the other musicians on a marvellous melody of the classics, while renowned dance instructor Dasana Gariga is teaching the latest dances in one of the other ballrooms. The drinks and food are never ending, from all over the galaxy.

Between the ballroom chambers are smaller chambers and niches, allowing for guests to retreat and converse with one another in private. To meet and negotiate. To fall in love or arrange marriage contracts. To build a social network or to look for diplomatic opportunities. Or simply to enjoy a moment’s peace of the busy ball.

This event caters to those liking to dance. Young attendees, such as children, will find this event the most suitable, as the early evening has special dancing lessons and numerous formal dances aimed at meeting others of the same age.

Main hosts of the Zaqaru Ball are Nabuna Zaqaru, his father, Duke Abolar Zaqaru and Grand Diplomat Ningilga Zaqaru.

Zaqaru Masquarade

Colourful masks and marvellous costumes, flowing silk and the seduction of lace. Royal purple or regal blue, mesmerizing patterns or expensive pearls, all kinds of clothing are welcome. An air of mystique as the faces are covered, lending a sense of secrecy and privacy to the whole event as guests have to renew acquaintances if failing to recognise one another.

In the different chambers of Erit Palace there are various forms of amusement, from performances to music, from dances to humorous displays, from moving holographic art to personal performers. Fine drinks and food are available by servants, all wearing the same pronounceable costume. The main highlights of the evening are the holo-visual art display of the infamous Horreha Atwak, the mystical performances of the Obsidian Cabinet and the dance of the rising star Silver Masque.

At the second half of the event as the evening grows older and the Silver Masque finishes the dance through the Erit Palace, each guest will take off their mask, to show who they are to the other guests. It will provide opportunity to deepen relations or to start negotations.

This event caters to those with a flair for excitement or wish to show off with extravagant costumes. Adolescents will find this event most suitable, as the first phase of the Masquarade where everybody wears masks allows for an opportunity to escape the oversight of a parent.

Main hosts of the Zaqaru Masquarade are Nabuna Zaqaru, Grand Agent Ayallal Attar and Grand Administrator Caksya Gupta. Nabuna Zaqaru wears a rich and wealthy coat, as well as mask inset with gold and jewelry. The mask only covers the top of his face, making him easily recognisable, as is clearly the intention. Grand Agent Ayallal Attar seems to wear a different mask and gown each half hour, while Grand Administrator Caksya Gupta has a deceptively simple clothing style, for it is made of very expensive fabric. Both take care to be recognisable, even if it is by servants pointing them out, so they are available for any questions.

Zaqaru Dinner

Wine made of the rare Crimson Droplets, vegetable dishes imported from Vervoire, Gilded Leafs dripping with flavour, for anybody there is something available on the grand dinner, the last of the Zaqaru events. Each half hour, guests are expected to rise and move to the next table, where the next of many dishes are served. Their table partners will switch each time, with seating arrangement wishes from guests taken deeply into account, even during the dinner itself.

During the dinner, there are small performances in the background, to set the mood with music, show or atmosphere. The main draw of the event will be the food and drinks themselves, as they will be highly decorated, rich in flavour and of the utmost quality. Merely looking at the served plates should be reason for delight.

Guests can chose not to move to the next table, but instead move around, joining tables with free chairs, stand at the high tables, sit at the bar or move to the more private niches. Each table will be likely to have at least one free chair at the start of each switch, and none will be set alone. A colourful and tasteful meeting and mingling of the aristocracy over dinner.

This event caters to those who enjoy food and drinks. Middle aged or older people will find this event most suitable, as it is easy going, relaxed and there is plenty of opportunity to mingle.

Main hosts of the Zaqaru Dinner are Nabuna Zaqaru, Duchess Irkal Shiri and Grand Scientist Baresu Zaqaru.

[OOC] If attending any of the events, please state who is attending and the name of whoever is single, as the events are meant for singles, though the singles can take along company as desired. Preferred is to include gender, age, a sentence on appearance, familial relationship to the House’s current leader and at least one of a personality trait, education or experience. Please use the below example format. Enigma 3 is used as example.

The spoiler with Zaqaru Ball is only readable by those with Cypher 4 or attending the ball. The spoiler within the Zaqaru Ball spoiler directed to House Joche is only readable by those with Cypher 4 or House Joche, if House Joche is attending the ball.

Enigma 3

Spoiler: Zaqaru Ball
    Show
    Earl Inlis Ippur is attending the event along with her son Malu, aged 12. Earl Inlis is hoping to arrange a betrothal for her son. She has high hopes to educate him on the matters of diplomacy and she is eager to talk about how Patient he is. One of the other guests she approaches is Earl Joche.

Enigma 3

Spoiler: House Joche
    Show
    Earl Inlis Ippur hurries to meet Earl Joche, who she spotted amongst the other nobles. “Dear Earl Joche! What a pleasure to meet you. How is your daughter Sura doing? I hope she is with you, because I would love for my son Malu here to meet with her. Did you know he really turned out to be a patient child? Very precious indeed, so I hope we might be able to discuss important matters while the two of them meet. What do you say?

Image source: http://www.aljanh.net/ballroom-in-th...788959550.html
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Other image host.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

House Berger

Enigma 5

House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Vastadd,

Unfortunately I've promised to attend the ball held by house Zaqaru. Of course, we can still send messages to each other, but a face to face meeting has to wait, unless you are planning on attending as well. I'm certain your presence would be appreciated.

I am, of course, intrigued by your proposal. Did you have something specific in mind?

House Greenflame
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Farid,

Our archives a little bit scrambled at the moment, so we can not access the gateway map at this very moment. Once we have this sorted out, I will let you know.

If you do have any plans to research more advanced military equipment, we would certainly be interested in either purchasing the blueprints, or producing some with a license. Perhaps you could inform me if you make any significant discoveries in this field?

As to the war with Voss, the primary goal is to ensure they will not be in a position to attempt such a war again. Whether that means a single system or something more, I do not yet know.

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Abolar,

my sister's claims are merely an excuse for House Voss to attempt to seize territory closer to the heart of the empire. While bringing her to justice would be a positive, the primary goal is to strike against Voss, and ensure they will not be strong enough to attempt something similar in the future.

I'm delighted to inform you I should have the time to attend the ball you are organizing. I will soon arrive, personally, and will be bringing my cousin, 21 years, with me. Perhaps your son would be interested in meeting her? I'd like to also remind you that I, unfortunately, still find myself unmarried. Perhaps you could take this into account when organizing seating?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

House Lonestar

Dust blows over the golden prairie of the Colony of Wellington. A Simple town built up out of wood with various space-age devices on the rustic atmosphere. At the head of a town, sat a rather large saloon, swaying doors swinging wide for the rough and tumble people of the well to do colony. Gruff explorers and mercenaries sit down at tables, ordering drinks and gambling while a man with bionic arms plays on the piano's, the hands having a few extra digits to play tunes usually not possible for simple humans to preform.

At the back of the bar, not to far away from the Piano, Sat Benjamin Stone. He didn't look like much a noble no. He wore a simple brown duster with a wide brimmed hat on his head, scratched and worn from years of abuse. On his hip, he had a Magnetic Six Shooting Revolver. The Original designed were long tossed away for just how impractical it was. More of a Rail gun put into a bite-sized package, yet House Lonestar found away to make an actually usable one for the house heads when they came of age. Benjamin looks over the transmission put out by the empire, his two close friends.
    " Well Well well. Seems the Big Chair at the center of the Galaxy claimed another huh Paul" Benjamin says, looking up to his companion
    "Bout What's expected in the galaxy really Benny. I'm guessing by this point the rest of the houses are scrambling around and looking for a way to be the new ass on the saddle.

Benjamin lets out a snort at that comment, standing up from his chair and stepping out of his alcove "Well, it's been a while since House Lonestar's been on the inner core worlds huh? All this time on the outer rim and it turns out it's more dangerous with the fancy smashy teetotalers ah! I Feel like I'm getting ripped! Aint no Assassinating tomboys out in the dunes. I need a way to test my pistol anyway. Still heavy on my hip and on my grip if you get what I mean. Paul! Get my Stallion Ready! I got some calls to make"

Cypher 5
    Spoiler: Excagon Family, House Yterbus, House Vastad
    Show

"GRETTING PARDNER!" Speaks a robot voice through the transmision lines of House Lonestars transmission "I AM PARDNER BOT 1870 AND I HAVE A IMPORTANT TRAAAANSMISION FOR YA! YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO WELLINGTON TO HAVE A DICUSION ON THE FUTURE OF THE OUTER REACHES AND EMPIRIAL AUTHORITY! WE ALL LIVE ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE UNIVERSE, AND BECAUSE OF THIS TODY FACT, WE ALL HAVE SOME OF THE GREATEST SCIENTISTS AND SPIES THIS SIDE OF THE KNOWN GALAXY. THUS, HOUSE LONESTAR WILL LIKE TO PUT FOREWARD THE PROPOSAL OF A FOUR WAY CONFEDERATION (OR UNION) OF OUR HOUSES AS THE OUTER EXPANSE ALIANCE. WITH THIS, WE CAN SHARE OUR RESOURCES, ARCHIVeS, AND STAR CHARTS AND MAKE A BETTER FUTURE FOR US FOLK REGULATED TO THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE GALAXY. WHAT DO YA SAY?

YAY? OR NAY?"

Last edited by Shadowflick; 2019-03-14 at 12:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The People have gathered. Since the death of the Despot, the Armed Volunteers have formed into their Glorious Squadrons and congregated gates, waiting for orders from First Equal Aethelbyrd and First Advisor of Conquest and Defense Baerik. Men and women with the gift of speech have been sent into neighboring systems to exhort the oppressed into Beautiful Harmony through Bitter Struggle. The factories are firing as workers gladly throw themselves into the production of tools for the People.

It is a good time to be alive.

First Equal Aethelbyrd steps away from his window. Though it is meant for practical purposes - daylight is cheaper than powered light - his predecessor encouraged him to use the window as a source of motivation. Looking out over the masses below, busy and driven, is beyond inspiring. It is almost euphoric.

"Sir? The messages?"

Nodding, the First Equal glances again at the transmissions from nearby nobles.

"Very well, Aefelham. Send the following..."

Enigma 5

Show
    First Equal Aethelbyrd to the NOBLE House Berger,
    We are planning nothing less than the liberation of those you and others like you call slaves. The time has come to end the inequity of this empire. For now, you have nothing to fear. We have more immediate concerns - people who we have for too long allowed to suffer on our very doorstep.

If you take steps to elevate your masses and more equally distribute your wealth, we would be happy to come alongside you and work to create a society that benefits everyone.

We hope you see the truth of our philosophy and would be more than happy to discuss it with you more.

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show
    First Equal Aethelbyrd to the NOBLE House Vastadd,
    We will allow an ambassador to speak with us. We will not be swayed nor impressed by displays of wealth and power, however. You will earn some esteem in our eyes if you use what resources would have gone to gilding your ships and decorating your ambassador to instead feed those who suffer at the lowest rungs of society.

Know this, though: so long as you continue your war against your people - abusing and oppressing them for your own gain - we shall see you as enemies. Begin taking steps to elevate your masses and more equally distribute your wealth, and we would be happy to come alongside you and work to create a society that benefits everyone.

We eagerly await your response.

Spoiler: The Silk Touched
    Show
    First Equal Aethelbyrd to High Courtesan Miras,
    Greetings. While speaking to the First Advisor on Health and Family, an interesting topic came up regarding what may be of mutual interest. With your permission, I will send the Second Equal to you for a private discussion.

Spoiler: The Universal and Empyrean Church of the Blessed Eternal
    Show
    Grand Exarch -
    Greetings, your holiness. We come to you with no great scheme or requests, but merely to pay our respects and offer tithe.

To Life

-First Equal Aethelbyrd, speaking for all within The Democratic Collective of the People

Spoiler: To the Earl of (2,-9)
    Show
    We have tolerated your excesses for too long. Surrender and abdicate and you will be given trial and spared. Resist us, and we will use force. The Might of the People will soon be at your doorstep. The people suffering under your control will be join us and you will be defenseless.

We await your decision.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2019-03-14 at 03:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

House Vastadd

The lesser nobles and leaders of the whole Vastadd territory gathered in the for once clean great hall of the Silver Citadel on Schwaz. A murmur of gossip flows through the crowd, the family had been silent for a week after the rumoured death of Franz. Many couldn’t see a future for the deteriorated house and were looking for allies to help them strike out on their own. A hush falls over the crowd as Izabela steps onto the stage in a flowing silver gown. She sits in the austentatious shining throne, which had finally received the polishing it had urgently needed.

“Honoured Guests, I have summoned you all here today to confirm the rumours of the death of my father and formally accept his neglected duties as head of this house.” The crowd gasped at her suggestion that her father wasn’t doing his job but this didn’t phase her. “Over the past decades this family has been a shadow of its former self, I strive to repair it to what it once was. Thankfully some of you here will still remember that time and I will be reliant on you the most in the testing times that are yet to come. Many of my cousins have abandoned our family seeking a better life elsewhere, I wish them the best but now find myself without a legal heir. I have had the fortune of being raised alongside five half siblings with brilliant minds and now wish to accept them as legitimate members of the Vastadd family.”

Another gasp issued from the crowd but Izabela paid it no heed, she was distracted by the scolding look from her mother on the balcony above them. “This House needs as much help as it can to rise like a phoenix to its former glory, I trust you will all pay your part. Over the coming weeks I hope to visit you all to discuss how we can best work together.”

As the nobles disbursed many continued in small groups the conversations they had started before the speech. Many were willing to hear Izabela out but three powerful leaders banded together and agreed to meet a few days later to form a plan. None of them made the meeting; One died of a heart attack, another in a riding accident and the last vanished leaving a note explaining his desire to explore. Izabela made sure to visit the heirs a day later to plan for the future.

Enigma 4

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honoured Duke,
    Your ball will be the breath of fresh air we need in these difficult times. I have several half siblings that have not been given the opportunity to mingle with other houses or find suitable spouses and I would be delighted if you could give them and myself each a chance to attend one of your events.
    My Half-Sister Alissa is best placed to attend the ball with me. Despite being only 27 she is the charismatic negotiator who heads diplomatic efforts. She works diligently for the betterment of the house. Her kindness and honesty is a reminder to everyone of what my family used to be.

House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had intended on attending one of their events and I am now free to attend the ball, maybe I will meet you there. I am reluctant to discuss anything through messages that can be intercepted, our encryption software has not been upgraded in some time.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

About Kyrthar's Folly, Wayward Fleet Flagship, and Duke Athaia's ascent.

Spoiler: visual cue
    Show

In the waning days of Emperor Laramy the late Duke Kyrthar waged his cold war through shady routes onto the vast multitude of traffickers plaguing the Empire and the Houses that supported, nay, that pumped the very lifeblood of their illicit trade onto their veins. It was a meticolous and careful effort, and not one plenty of the more idealistic and hot-blooded Captains shared.
    Quite foolishly, a score of ambitious young officers thought to escalate tensions with House Jinks, one of the more obvious backers of piracy and smuggling efforts, by staging an obstentatious raid onto one of their homeworlds. Made aware of their plan, the Duke elected to take but a single stealth ship through the Lyraen Gate, leading the expedition himself; to make matters worse, no proof what had transpired had to reach either House Jinks or, more importantly, the Throne. The daring mission that ensued, through its details are unknown, has to have been the stuff of legends, for all of the rebellious officers made their way home to Fortune's End to a well deserved demotion and court martial awaiting them, and the Jinks were none the wiser. Duke Kyrthar's ship, however, never made it back through the Warp Gate.
    The official version has the Duke MIA in Jere Jere space attempting to personally thwart an incoming invasion of the system. Through the event is known among the populace as Kyrthar's Folly, the Lyraens are immensely proud of their heroic Duke, and none more so than Athaia. Ever the humorous person, the young Duke honored his father's memory in a peculiar way by christening the state-of-the-art flagship of the Fleet after the event.
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duke Berger,

Thank you for explaining your goal towards the war. It will have to be seen how House Voss acts, as their actions have been surprising in the past.

I can assure you, Nabuna Zaqaru is interested in meeting your cousin. He offers his second dance of the ball to your cousin, if you will share her name. It will be a happy occasion that you will be present and rest assured, I will personally oversee that your personal situation is taken into account. I look forward to your arrival.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show
    Dear Duke Vastadd,

It is a pleasure to read your message and I am more than happy to provide some freshness. I very much welcome you and your siblings to any of the events and gladly look forward to your arrival as well as that of your half sister Alissa.

Nabuna Zaqaru offers his third dance of the ball to Alissa, if this is deemed acceptable. I would also like to extend a request to you on behalf of my nephew Burnamzuu Zaqaru, where he kindly asks you to a dance at the ball. He is thirty years of age, has a keen scientific mind, possesses a refined taste and has a kind-hearted nature. I hope you will consider his request.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

[OOC] If it is public knowledge, what age is Duchess Izabela Vastadd?

Zaqaru Events

[OOC] All factions without the trait Titleless, as well as all feudal vassals, are invited to the earlier mentioned Zaqaru Events. Feel free to already start a scene at any of the events and you have the liberty to fill in details such as guests, decoration, food, drinks, dances, music, etc. If nobody has made a post at any of the events, I will tomorrow, or otherwise as soon as possible, put up a post with a scene per event.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

House Vastadd

The Democratic Collective of the People - Untraceable
    Spoiler
    Show
    Constantin scratched at his itchy collar as he waited for clearance to land. He wasn’t used to travelling in a run down trade ship like this but it was important for his task. What’s to stop these people from shooting down his ship while in orbit, it’s not like his family had the fleet to defend him. Taking a deep breath he sent a direct message to the surface.
    “This is Constantin of House Vastadd, ambassador sent to discuss diplomatic options. My Half-Sister Izabela recognises the decadence that has plagued our house and wishes to learn more about how we can work with our people rather than use them as tools. Unfortunately my father has left our house with little wealth to distribute, but we hope there are still ways to better the lives of the people.”

The Ball
    Spoiler
    Show
    Izabela walks out of the house’s last remaining luxury transport arm in arm with her half-sister. The two look very much alike born only 6 months apart to strikingly similar mothers. Izabela, the eldest, is wearing the flowing quicksilver gown that suits her station. Her long white hair is curled up in a conical bun revealing her pale face, grey eyes and bright blue lips. Alissa is dressed more for a party than a ball, her silver dress stopped just above the knee. The gown would grow to remedy this for the big dance but it was far more comfortable in this state.
    They separated as they entered through the front doors. Izabela headed off inside to try to find Duke Ernst of House Berger or one of the Laramy Children if they were in attendance. Alissa did her job, mixing with the guests and trying to rebuild the reputation of the house while she waited for her dance.

22. - Top - End - #22

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Players

Tartarus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lords and Ladies of The Silk,
    I have something of a business offer for your conclave. Would you be willing to meet?

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Berger,
    Coincidentally our records are undergoing a mass archiving and are currently under lock and key, so we cannot trade immediately. As to our research plans, well it has not yet been decided on what will be our first priority, but given the stat of the Imperium a military project is by far the most likely.

Given that any projects worth selling would require massive manufactories here in Greenflame our market inclined think it best that we keep production here, as it save on redundant colony sites across the sector, but we can sell the equipment produced without issue. In fact that may be best, as we can meet specific orders to keep efficiency.

Regarding Voss, I am unaware of their military capacity, but I wish you glory in your conflict, I will let you know as soon as we have blueprints for military hardware available.

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Izabela
    I try not to speak to ill of the dead, though it's true there was no love lost between us. Franz’s methods of governance were a point of contention among my court here. Moving forward I hope your governance proves better, and your Duchy brought to glory.

What is your take on the Republic?

Duke Farid Saquar,
    Lord of Samarkand

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

House Ytterbus

Spoiler: Zaqaru ball, Enigma 7
    Show

A woman moves through the ball, dressed in the most realistic gynoid costume imaginable. Her skin appears to be burnished bronze, her silver hair delicate wires. Her blue silken gown hugs her rather impressive figure, and every one of her steps is in mechanical precision. Still, it might take an onlooker a moment to realize that she is exactly what she appears to be. At least her living brain is tastefully hidden from view. Countess Evra Ytterbus, sister to Duke Arthrax, is here.

Spoiler: Earl of (8,10) Enigma 7
    Show

The message is audio only.
    "Greetings. This is a message from House Ytterbus, Duke Arthrax speaking. We are looking to expand our interests into your area. What is it you would desire in exchange for your allegiance?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-03-15 at 01:16 AM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Luess reacts to Emperor's death, tensions with House Jinks to escalate.

On Luess, the major planetary broadcasters are covering most extensively all the possible scenarios made possible by Emperor Laramy's death.

The recent developments, on the other hand, came to the surprise of absolutely nobody within the Admiralty. Fortune's End buzzes with activity, and free-range patrols have been recalled from all across the Imperium. Although no formal declaration of war has been issued on either part, now that the protection of the Throne is removed particle guns are expected to crackle soon in Jinks space.

"Athaia dear, are you attending the Zaqaru ball?". the Duke raises his gaze above a translucent panel and glares at his thin, gaunt-looking mother.
    "Already there." he sarcastically remarks. "What better time to party?"
    "It is a most important social event. Besides, aren't the Zaqaru at war themselves? No better occasion to forge some close ties."
    "No Sansone would ever be caught dead five miles away from his own homeworld. I would say they know how to pick their fights if anything." he scoffs. "I will give it due consideration. Now, do you mind? I've got a couple of particularly scheming ladies to attend to."

Enigma:5

Show

Dear Izabela,
    I would have seen myself attending your coronation if not for the short notice. Your father's unfortunate demise was quite abrupt, it appears. My sincere condolences, although I won't deny he was little to our liking. I'm positive you can do better, and would like to meet you in person to discuss a couple of possible avenues of cooperation.
    Athaia Kelse, Duke of Lyrae

Spoiler: House Laramy
    Show

The laconic and brief comm directed at former Crown Princess Persephone Laramy briefly mentions the reprehensible companies her sibling fancies so much as reasons why Lyrae would not see him rule House Laramy and likens the man to such scum as the Jinks. It contains strong overtones that if she were to sanction and support the Wayward Fleet's just war, she would receive support in return to secure her own House.
    Last edited by Andre; 2019-03-15 at 02:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Ball

Enigma 7

(Only readable by those attending the Zaqaru Ball or with Cypher 8.)
    Show
    “Her Grace, Izabela, Duchess of Vastadd, Lady of Schwaz, and her sister, Alissa.” Traditionally announced by a nearby servant in fine dress, the two nobles of House Vastadd are welcomed in the Erit Palace Main Hall. High ceilings with detailed ornaments, finely woven red carpet, they beckon to the colourful crowd of nobles beyond the next set of ornate doors towards the Main Ballroom.

“Welcome Duchess Izabela and Alissa!” Duke Abolar Zaqaru, dressed in a rich and eloquent brown coat set with a platinum rim atop deep blue, almost black pants with a platinum stripe. For Zaqaru standards, he's clearly not going all out, to allow his son Nabuna more spotlight. “I'm very happy to have you here. Please feel yourself at home and enjoy the Ball. Let's talk more later, after the first dances. If you have any questions, the servants will be more than eager to be of service or point you to myself, Nabuna or Grand Diplomat Ningalga. Enjoy yourself.”

A similar welcome is offered to the other attendees as they enter through the grand and ornate doors of Erit Palace by the leader of the Zaqaru Dynasty. Music trails in from the Main Ballroom, with classical tunes of the dance as the early starters are already busy. Different melodies sound from other, smaller, hallways. One of the melodies carries with it the loud voice of an instructor, pointing out how to move along the music. Another melody is of a more modern make, where the dances are less formal.

At the Main Ballroom, Nabuna stands to the side, welcoming newcomers to the dancefloor. He is dressed in a formal coat with fine decoration made of crystal and the rim of the coat is set with pure gold. Golden embroidery give the coat a luxurious radiance, put to the foreground by the smooth and formal dark blue of the coat to match. In the light, small crystals flash within the embroidered patterns. Underneath the coat is a soft cloth with interwoven silver. Despite his attempts to look straight and forward in the dress, it seems as if he is slightly uncomfortable with the wear, as if he would have preferred a more humble outfit.

As the dances pick up and the guests settle in the various ballrooms, the Main Ballroom comes to a hush as the music halts and the lights dim a little. The center of the Main Ballroom is subtly more bright than the rest of the ballroom as Nabuna stands there. It is time for Nabuna’s first dances, with women interested to become his partner.

“Saundri of House Arnos, will you bestow upon me the honour of the dance?” His voice is normal, but clearly audible through the Ballroom. The younger sister of Duke Raudos Arnos will be first to dance with Nabuna Zaqaru. He raises his hand, waiting for her to step forward and when she does, the first notes of a classical waltz start in, urging the dance floor to action once more. The first paces are Nabuna’s and Saundri’s, where Nabuna shows that he is an elegant dancer, moving softly over the dancing floor with the grace of a man who has danced a lot. The waltz is an elaborate one and the smile on Nabuna’s face betrays he is fond of the waltz, swirling with his dancing partner over the dancing floor.

After the first dance, he raises his hand once more, inviting the cousin of Duke Ernst Berger. For his third dance, he moves towards a woman dressed in a long silver dress and graciously invites the half-sister of Duchess Izabela of House Vastadd, Alisa, to the dance. When the third melody moves on to the fourth, Nabuna is looking for his fourth dancing partner.

[OOC] Anybody wishing to dance and converse with Nabuna, take your chance!

Enigma 7

(The following dancing conversations are only readable by those it is directed to or those with Cypher 8.)

Spoiler: Nabuna’s first dance with Saundri of House Arnos
    Show
    The quick dancing steps, the deep music, Nabuna is swift in his dance and with a smile moves across the dancing floor. He looks with keen interest to Saundri Arnos and her reaction as he tries to pick up the pace. Knowing she has been in the military, it is clear he is testing how she picks up in the ballfield as compared to the battlefield. As gentleman, he will be sure that should she not be an excellent dancer, he will dial down the pace, though if she proves to be a competent dancer, he is going to pick up the pace even further.

“Saundri, you have my gratitude for being here for the first dance.” Sending up for a spin, he picks up the next line as easily as the next step. “I hope your journey was a pleasant one, for Marqash is many stargates away from your homeworld. I am glad that you could make it here, because your presence holds my interest.” Another step, another tactical move to dodge another pair of dancers.

“You must be well aware the Zaqaru Dynasty is at war with House Sansone. Your personal experience could be a great asset, but I am more interested to know. Are you are the strong woman I can depend upon when the time comes for me to lead the Zaqaru assault.” He gently slows down the dance, trying to see with a careful and interested look how she reacts and how strong she is not just in word, but in the dance itself.

[OOC] If it is public knowledge, how old is Saundri Arnos? If it is not public knowledge, how old does she look?

Spoiler: Nabuna’s second dance with the cousin of House Berger
    Show
    The second dance is a smooth one, the tunes following each other in harmonious rhythm. “Welcome on the dancing floor.” Gentle swirls over the ballroom as Nabuna offers a humble smile. “Tell me a bit about yourself, about your family. What do you wish to see the future hold?”

Gently stepping closer to her as he moves a bit faster in the dance, he lets her swirl around and holds an arm around her, gesturing towards the ballroom as if it were the future itself, inviting her to hint in the dance, to not just let him lead, but show what manner of waltz she likes.

[OOC] Trying to fill in the second dance here, even as I don’t know her name yet. Hope you don’t mind.

Spoiler: Nabuna’s third dance with Alisa of House Vastadd
    Show
    There’s a soft grin as Nabuna moves along the dance floor, this time with an upbeat waltz to bring a bit mire and joy to the dancers. “Thank you for waiting, Alissa. I saw you earlier and your dress was quite a bit shorter. If it is a party you are seeking, know that I can provide.” He moves with rapid pace, looking at her reaction to see if he is on to something.

“You are of House Vastadd, with a remarkable time behind you. Now we find ourselves in even more remarkable times. May I have your opinion regarding House Sansone and what you seek for the future to come?” He also offers a gentle hint towards the ballroom, as if she could pick to move through the crowd and its obstacles to the right, or the open space to the left, or perhaps something else entirely.

Ballroom image source: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/7589973...51771/?lp=true
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Other image host.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: To: House Vastadd Ambassador , using FL - Untraceable
    Show
    A simple green light is the only response to the message. The ship is escorted in by two small fighters with their weapons systems clearly disabled.

A quartet of soldiers (probably - their gray uniforms hardly seem different than they gray jumpsuits of the dock workers or the street cleaners busying themselves nearby) awaits the ambassador. Their weapons are simple - relics of years past, but clean and functional.

Constantin is guided into a nearby meeting room, this one populated by seven people, each with the now-familiar gray jumpsuit. One man, young and handsome with a darker complexion than many in the room, stands out. He is wearing a black tie and has an iron bar pinned to each shoulder.

Two other individuals have modified uniforms as well. An older man with stark white hair, tanned skin, and one sleeve hanging loose at his side, has two iron bars pinned to each shoulder. He has the bearing of a soldier. Standing at the First Equal's right hand is a younger woman with dark skin and darker hair, a silver tie around her neck.

"Welcome, Ambassador Constantin. I am First Equal Aethelbyrd. With me are a number of my First Advisors. I apologize, the Second Equal is occupied elsewhere. I trust your trip was satisfactory.

Your sentiments and words gladden us. The People are not warmongers or anarchists, seeking to destroy the empire. We merely desire liberation from oppression and equity for all. To hear you speak of working with the people of the empire is Music to the Ear of the People. It is not our absolute goal as it still implies an imbalance of power, but we will treat it as an act of good faith. As we move forward, we will hope to educate you and your family and convince you of the righteousness of Our Path.

In the meantime, let us speak of the mundanities of politics. We would see you thrive against the Oppressors and Enemies surrounding you, even as we grow our Cause by aligning with the people of nearby systems.

How would you see our efforts aligning?"

The First Equal speaks politely and calmly. A slight smile never leaves his face. The First Advisors wear no expressions at all, though Constantin easily senses general disdain from more than one of them.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2019-03-18 at 03:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Ball

Image source: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre....697081/page-2

Enigma 7

Show
    “Follow the beat! Step forward, right!” The dance instructor shouts with a melodious voice. Correcting some children and offering a word of advice to a pair of adult dancers, the song concludes and moves on to the next. “Alright, switch partner and switch the lead. Begin from the start.” At the dancing lessons, everybody is taught to lead and to follow in the dance. In this sense, the Zaqaru do not tie gender to the leading role, though at the ballroom they will take into account their dancing partner, barring a strong personal preference.

Present to the side of the dancing lessons is Meta Zaqaru, sister of Duke Abolar Zaqaru. Joined by her partner and children, she is overlooking how her grandchildren are doing at the dancing lessons. She is not the only one present, for Nocri Zaqaru, daughter of Duke Abolar, is overseeing her daughter Irsim and Abus is smiling at his two sons, Amsumur and Nidaadea. Mammyl, another sister of Duke Abolar, is also watching a grandson, though seems less pleased about his performance as he seems to be slow and timid in his dancing.

Compared to most of the present children, most of the Zaqaru children are well practised dancers and these lessons are more of a formality to them, an opportunity to meet other children. Or an opportunity for their parents to meet other nobles and arrange betrothals. Dancing lessons seem to start early, as Mammyl also seems to pay attention to another granddaughter, who is only of age five, but already betrays she has had practise.

Meanwhile, other members of the Zaqaru Dynasty move through the various ballrooms. Sili Zaqaru, in her early twenties, daughter of Nocri and granddaughter of Duke Abolar, is enjoying the food and drinks. The food and drinks are diverse, with a lot of import of luxurious food. Still, there are clearly Zaqaruan dishes available.

Notable is that the typical Zaqaruan dish, even the more luxurious ones, lack meat. While meat is certainly available at the ball, those in the know or asking servants, will learn that almost all of it is imported. As the Zaqaruan fortune is based on mineral wealth, clearly on display at the guests with gold, silver and other precious materials, the agriculture and resulting dishes are focused on the more efficient vegetable sort. There are various dishes which try to have a meat-like vegetarian dish, though the ones that do not try to mimic meat but create something new entirely are all around more successful in providing a rich and delicious flavour.

Sili Zaqaru is not the only adult single Zaqaru present. Dancing or mingling is also Litte Zaqaru, in her twenties, daughter of Abus and granddaughter of Duke Abolar. Eshkit is older, in her fourties and daughter of Abolar. Ayammere is in her twenties, daughter of Gudaadu and granddaughter of Meta, the sister of Duke Abolar. Mutiyama is in his thirties and son of Mammyl, also a sister of Duke Abolar. Barnarnzuu is also in his thirties and another son of Mammyl. Of these, there are several who approach the guests.

Little Zaqaru graciously invites Duke Ernst Berger to share a drink with her. Mutiyama Zaqaru tries to strike a conversation with Countess Evra Ytterbus, sister to Duke Arthrax Ytterbus. Barnarnzuu spots Duchess Izabela Vastadd and courteously asks her to dance.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Litte Zaqaru’s drink with Duke Ernst Berger
    Show
    “Welcome to the Zaqaru Ball, Duke Ernst Berger. I am Litte Zaqaru, granddaughter of Duke Abolar Zaqaru. May I offer you a drink?” Litte Zaqaru, a woman at the age of 25, as Ernst has been already subtly informed of. She wears a highly ornamented shirt with a low collar and unlike many other females, she wears sharp and formal pants instead of a ballgown. “Perhaps a glass of Domaine de la Annes-Bagne wine?” She asks politely as a servant approaches with the bottle ornamented in gold, clearly expensive and imported. The glasses have subtle decorations as the glass surface of the neck resembles a flower.

“How may I call you? Duke Berger? Ernst?” She gently looks at Ernst with a soft smile, politely trying to get a social feel. While she looks relaxed, there is also a sharp look to her, as if she is accustomed to social meetings and is waiting for the moment to move on to more serious matters.

Spoiler: Mutiyama Zaqaru’s conversation with Coutess Evra Ytterbus
    Show
    “That’s civlexed batronium, isn’t it?” Mutiyama Zaqaru has walked by Countes Evra Ytterbus. A man in his late thirties, with an educated look he glances at Evra’s metallic figure. He gestures to her skin, appearing a burnished bronze. “Clever, as it is far more durable and certainly lends itself to fluid motions.” He takes a short moment to shake off his thoughts. “Apologies, Countess Evra Ytterbus. Where are my manners? It is an honour to meet you here on the Zaqaru Ball. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mutiyama Zaqaru, Duke Abolar’s nephew.”

“Do tell me, is my assessment given the materials of your figure correct? I am knowledgeable on all kinds of materials and alloys, regarding it as a kind of speciality, so your appearance here certainly has piqued my interest. Is the Ball to your liking so far?”

Spoiler: Barnarnzuu Zaqaru’s dance with Duchess Izabela Vastadd
    Show
    “Duchess Izabela Vastadd, may I graciously request you to a dance?” The thirty year old man standing before Izabela Vastadd offers his hand in a formal and polite bow. He is dressed in a formal blue coat with rich iron-coloured patterns, set over a figure with a bit more aplump than the average person. As he looks up at Duchess Izabela Vastadd, awaiting her answer, there is a short look to his right with a hint of concern. Yet he then sharply draws his attention back to Izabela, obviously trying his best to be presentable.

Should Duchess Izabela Vastadd look to her left, she will see a table at the edge of the ballroom where a girl, almost ten years, is looking dignified, almost haughty, at Mutiyama. She seems to be drawing a lot of determination from seeing him step forward, as if he is her idol.

“It truly is an honour to meet you. I am Barnarnzuu Zaqaru and have been looking forward to your arrival.” Barnarnzuu states with an inviting hand held out for the dance.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Other image host.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Excagon Family

Validation Updates

Due to changes in the imperial politic, the final training and evaluation for marital candidates has been revised. And emphasis on active roles, effective trust building, rapid adaptability and heightened vigilance will feature strongly. Multi-decade planning, aesthetic design, courtly mastery, and efficient use of downtime will not be required beyond the sixth level. All other standards are subject to alteration and will be redesigned in the coming months. Certification for internal experts have been decoupled from the marital program. Any current internal candidates with full level five achievements or any achievements at or above level seven are to present themselves immediately for nonstandard evaluation.
    -internal memo

Spoiler: House Lonestar (cypher 5)
    Show

The Excagon family is reticent to join any standing multiparty alliance. We are however amenable to the suggestion of a regional trade zone and potentially an exchange of intellectual property within the same.

Show

Erid and Marus Excagon arrived at the Zaqaru Ball with half a dozen each of their less satisfactory siblings as retainers. The necessity of the role was extremely dubious, no element of their appearance of tasks required the assistance of additional operatives on sight. But the importance of bringing servants for custom and prestige was certain, so accompany them their siblings did. Not under the Excagon name of course, that would invite the chance that they be mistakenly courted as well. Far better at an event like this to present two marriageable nobles to draw attention than to arrive with more and have them form and indistinguishable crowd. Their presence was designed to be maximally accentuated, from their style of dress and comportment, to their means of arrival, to their names (permanently assigned to them when they were chosen to avoid the general stigma against numerical assignation). In the service of this effect the talked animatedly with each other about a carefully crafted series of topics and demonstrated differing but complementary personalities.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Sansone-Zaqaru War
    The Sansone response to Zaqaru's declaration is short and terse, "We will claim the Zaqaru's point of entry and keep them contained until there heads cool of their imperial ambitions. [8,-02]"

House Zaqaru's Ball
    The only houses that don't attend the grand ball at least briefly are House Laramy which sends token notices that they are busy with an internal matter. That being a euphemism for the grinding civil war that is currently raging in the center of the Imperium. And House Sansone for obvious reasons.

House Sansone to House Greenflame [Enigma 5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honorable Duke Saquar,

The Duke Zaqaru speak truly that I broke off the marriage between my daughter and his son. But he neglects to mention that his spies were caught sabotaging Gade's warp defense stations and siphoning military data from the system's constellation forts. What use is a marriage treaty when it is so clearly nonbinding?

Duke Stefano Sansone
    Lord of the Lion Marches

Earl Byron to House Berger [Cypher 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honorable Duke,

If you are asking for information then you likely have designs on my poor system. I will get right to the point. I am the only earl in this system and I don't stand a chance in Zal of standing up to your fleets. So I will offer my oath not to hinder your colonization of the other three resource zones in this system if you will pledge to protect my humble space station.

Earl Erasmus Byron

House Voss to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

Neither Laramy heir is worth the name. Their blood runs thin and they are not even particularly competent schemers. Their strength lies in their vassals. Many of whom have been proud and loyal retainers of the Laramy family for generations and will continue to serve even now.

Duchess Brechtje Voss,
    Lady of Schaduw

The Freehold to House Greenflame [Enigma 0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll take a truce, but peace is on you. We're not the ones who started the Reclamation wars.

Early Sandy to the Tatarus [Enigma 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Courtesan Miras,

What do you have in mind Miras?

Earl Yafe Sandy

Earl Chinedu to House Vastadd [Enigma 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Vastadd,

I count myself lucky that your father had the disposition he did. It prevented him from turning House Vastadd's attentions outward. But I see you are more ambitious. I have no desire to impede your plans. By all means build your trade station here.

Earl Fedlimid Chinedu

House Gadhavi to House Arnos [Enigma 5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Arnos,

No doubt your brave captains would do a marvelous job of protecting our space ways, but we are but humble merchants not rich princes such as the Mertens and have little profit with which to bargain. We can offer you [2 trade / turn] for the upkeep of your noble fleet if it will patrol our trade lanes.

Duchess Arnborg Gadhavi

Earl Laxmi to House Arnos [Enigma 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Arnos,

This is most improper. My forces obviously can't stop you from doing what you want, but I won't forget this.

Earl Vanja Laxmi

The Soviet of Jalmanda to the Democratic Collective of the People [Enigma 0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honorable Comrades the former overlords of this system have fled before your coming with their lick spittle armies. We have managed to active this comm array to welcome your coming and the beginning of the revolution.

Earl Bo to House Ytterbus [Enigma 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honorable Duke,

Name me Count of this, the Fong system, and I will swear fealty to you and your house.

Earl Gili Bo

House Laramy to Lyrae [Enigma 10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    My despicable brother can read this with the family codes so we cannot talk over this line. If you are true in your pledge, then I will send an emissary to discuss details.

Crown Princess Persophone Laramy
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-03-17 at 03:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Would that you could do without proper court language...

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House Laramy
    Show

Our household is spartan compared to most, but we would be honoured to prove your emissary it is capable of great hospitality regardless.

Spoiler: House Ytterbus
    Show

To the Enigmatic Duke Arthrax of Zothon, the Duke Athaia of Lyrae, Greetings and Salutations.
    As you are well aware, House Jinks's fortunes rest with the proliferation of illegal drugs, pleasure slaves and hard labor. All of this is anathema to us, and I would assume of little value to an House who has outgrown its very flesh. Their assets, on the other hand, are valuable. Their worlds a natural springboard for the ambitious. Doesn't this pique your interest?

Spoiler: Earl(s) of -6/6 and -5/7
    Show
    Honourable Earl(s), with the Emperor's death, the inexplicable protection the Throne extended among even the most reprehensible of his subject is voided. While far from my intentions to have this conflict spill over to your systems to the detriment of your assets, I doubt our vile neighbours will offer the same courtesy. As a token of my good faith, I will hear your opinions on the matter before I state my proposals.
    Duke Athaia Kelse of Lyrae, Wayward Fleet Admiral