New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

Turn 1

Spoiler: 1 court used to protect information for Democratic Collective.
    Show
    We agree to your terms.
    OOC: Sorry I missed your response but I wanted you to know that she approved the deal.

Turn 2

Fleet Report

High Courtesan

Everything is moving at a sustainable pace. The concerns do not appear to be completely misplaced however. It has reached most ears that various earls and barons are moving to contain us to our sector due to our lack of royal status... We will have to act quickly and request that fleet forces move on the target suggested as soon as possible. That which is required to ensure harmony of the fleet is provided below, please make sure to get it all complete in a timely manner High courtesan your obsessions with naming individual ships a year ago kept our operational status in utter disarray since we could not bring those ships into service until the rituals were completed... WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THAT THIS GO AROUND.

Your humble servant
    Admiral Watson Xang

Lab Report

High Courtesan

We have something very special designed for you. We are hoping it will aid our economic circumstances significantly. We hope that funding can in turn be returned to our department. We are struggling greatly and you keep sending a phenomonal amount of funding into Odessas department. I am beginning to feel a little abandoned in the labs I managed. We had an explosion the other day because of decrepit equipment!

Your loyal servant
    Oracle Quinton Tysar

hatyaara report

Your will is done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screams of delight echo through the pleasure dome, reports go completely unread... One must imagine leadership greets this with a collective sigh and yet goals continue to be achieved? One must wonder who really keeps it running when the High Courtesan is so indisposed.

Enigma 5

Periklis Treasach
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stunning appearence of the high courtesan glowed in a disk which shot up a 3D image of the woman. She wore a ravishing pantsuit with a plunging neckline with no end of jewelry and showy wealth for the Earl.

"My dearest Earl, things are becoming rather dangerous for all those not part of a greater collective. The threat of your beloved research coming to an end would be a waste and so we are willing to offer our services in protecting you. In making sure our realm remains whole while the chaos of nobility is sorted out. We want to make sure that things do not collapse during this civil war and we can only do so by bringing you in as a vassal. I know a strange term used by someone not of noble birth but our house has proved its willingness to safeguard the royal way of life."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

A vast carnival city sprang up seemingly overnight in the New-Tunisia Region. The sounds of revelry and smells of dozens of food vendors lent a defiant air to the otherwise bleak desert. At the center of the event, a massive tent stretches between the trunks of six Sphinx Trees, huge Samarkite aerofeeders not unlike terran palm trees, though with fronds decorating the entire trunk. Inside, racers flaunt their vehicles on a hundred stages, talking with fans and bantering with rivals. Near the entrance, the Greenflame track craft are on display, Danica Kennels showing off her Sunbeam racer, little more than an old Terran Dragracer developed to the illogical extreme after generations of development. Large wheels stacked onto a pulserjet with a sleek cockpit perched on front, with the rest of the car designed simply to keep the vehicle on the ground.

The wing craft was Piloted by Maan Geffi, and he sat smiling on the minuscule Spinjet IV, a hobby craft for Racers designed to keep the pilot in a stable in a gyro while the rest of the craft spun like a rifled bullet. With a ultralight pulse jet for propulsion, the craft was only barely larger than Geffi, and a colorful paint job gives the craft a kaleidoscope look in flight.

While half a dozen speeches and talks are scheduled during the event, the true spirit of the Sashaw lies in the boasting and banter leading up to the races, and history has shown that a charismatic contestant often leaves richer than a victorious one.

Players

House of Silk
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Courtesan,
    Did you representatives discover anything at the Ball worth attention? As per our agreement? Also allow me to properly invite you to the Sashaw, I am sure an event like this will suit quite well.

The Democratic Republic of the People
    Spoiler
    Show

First Equal,
    While I find myself rather uncomfortable writing this letter I would be remiss not to invite you to the Sashaw. Perhaps we could speak more closely there about the future of our shared sector.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Duke Abolar Zaqaru congratulates

Sidad Zaqaru
    his cousin,

and

Rostac de Pantou
    son of Earl Varrais de Pantou,

with their marriage in a month’s time.

In recognition of this joyous event,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru acknowledges de Pantous as Zaqaruan vassals,
    and at the same time he awards Varrais de Pantou the title:

Countess of Champseau

May the future of the happy couple and the two families be bright and of everlasting harmony.
    Champseau is located at 10\-4. Zaqaru is investing 20 Prestige to award the title of Countess of Champseau to Earl Varrais de Pantou.

Sashaw Race

The transport carrying the Zaqaru delegation arrives amidst an enthusiastic crowd. Renowned music starts playing as the cargo bay opens up, mist blasting out. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple, the colours of the rainbow shines out of the mist. The silhouette of a unicorn forms with rainbow manes and tail.

Out of the transport and out of the mist jumps a fantastically gleaming robot unicorn with fluorescent rainbow manes and tail!

Leaving behind a rainbow trail it lands amidst the crowd, carrying on its back the famous Robot Unicorn Princess!

Contestant Ninu Zaqaru has arrived!

As Ninu Zaqaru steals the show, crowds cheering and the intergalactic media having their cameras set on her, the rest of the Zaqaru delegate arrives as well for the Sashaw Races. The transport descends further away, leaving the crowd to the celebrity. Duke Abolar Zaqaru is present and besides his niece Ninu, joining him are his granddaughter Sili, nephew Yaahan, cousins Sidur and Bupilsu, as well as distant relatives Earl Ayabit and Earl Saba.

Ninu is 55 years old, daughter of Abolar’s sister Meta, though she looks much younger. Sili is 25 years old, daughter of Abolar’s daughter Nocri. Yaahan is 34 years old, son of Abolar’s brother Zarossu. Sidur is 22 years old and granddaughter of Meta. Bupilsu is 19 years old and grandson of Mammyl, Abolar’s sister. Earls Ayabit and Saba, respectively 61 and 79 years old, are of a more distant Zaqaru family line ruling Court holdings.

Each of them possesses one of two traits. They are either brave enough to come along or stubborn enough. They sign up as follows:

Wing track: Sidur
    Wing rough: Yahaan
    Wheel track: Saba
    Wheel rough: Sili
    Starship: Ayabit
    Tatooine Run: Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu

Bupilsu does not participate in any of the races, instead training at the engineering crews for his education at each of the events.

Not long after arrival, Duke Abolar Zaqaru goes off to a private meeting.

Spoiler: House Greenflame (Private Leader conversation)
    Show
    “Good to see you again, Duke Farid.” There is a warm greeting between the two leaders and Duke Abolar Zaqaru spends some time reminiscing their glorious victory together, but only after politely thanking Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame for his hospitality and hosting the Sashaw Races.

Eventually he moves on to more important matters. “I want to continue making use of the Haytham Fleet, Farid. Together, we managed to put a great pressure on the wretched Sansones, even if they managed to distort the warp gates. However, it does put our situation at difficulty. I am looking for a way around, but that relies on other parties and their response.”

“The opportunity is too great to not take the risk of the warp gates. The Sansones have suffered military losses, their agencies have taken a severe blow to the point it may be complete unoperational and the Zaqaru fleet disabled a lot of colonies as well. There will be two fronts, but one can be dealt with by my agents, while the other is disabled from the previous fleet activities.”

“However, I look to you for advice. I see a great opportunity to put down one great strike and bring down a claim on all the Sansone territory given their current weakness. I look to you for support. What do you recommend as claim, or what scenarios do you foresee?”

Robot Unicorn Attack picture from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Unicorn_Attack
    Game link: https://unicorn.jocke.no/
    Unicorn: https://www.deviantart.com/queen-uri...tack-170167687
    Female: https://www.zerochan.net/151384
    Unicorn racing: https://www.deviantart.com/gokulover...tamp-157908421
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Other image host.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Enigma 5

Spoiler: Zaqaru
    Show
    Esteemed Duke Zakaru,

congratulations are in order for the blessed marriage of your heir. Both the ball and the marriage ceremony were quite... dazzling, to hear say.
    As for your troubles with warp gates, we might be able to assist indeed. Barring the aforemented gates being disrupted beyond recourse of course, but I don't believe anyone to possess such thorough knowledge of their inner workings, and certainly not your overt foes.
    I will make the bold assumption this information will be critical in securing further efforts for your conflict. What kind of aid do you offer in return to support mine own?

Sincerest regards,
    Duke Athaia Kelse, Wayward Fleet Admiral
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    You made a grievous error, Meta! Earl Varrais de Pantou does not control enough of Champseau to be declared Countess. I will have to withdraw my declaration and look a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta Zaqaru
    Could we please switch to a more secure channel, brother?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    I don't care. Ensure the deal stands with Earl de Pantou.
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru hereby formally

Withdraws the Declaration of Countess

Of Earl Varrais de Pantou at Champseau.

The system is too undeveloped to be granted the title of Countess.
    [OOC] Unable to declare Earl Varrais de Pantou Countess, so not investing the related prestige either.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou
    Show
    Dear Earl Varrais de Pantou,

My apologies for the recent commotion. I have made a critical error, for I was under the mistaken belief you held control of Champseau to sufficient degree that when you requested the title of Countess, I thought all that was needed would be the granting of the title. The impressiveness of your ice fishing grounds got to my head, I suppose.

Please, let not my mistake be an obstacle in the marriage between dear Rostac and Sidad. I am sure we still can come to a suitable agreement, beneficial to both our noble families.

The title of Countess of Champseau is your desire and as you saw, we Zaqarus are willing to grant it. In turn, I would like to see the marriage go through between Sidad and Rostac, resulting in the de Pantou vassalage to Zaqaru.

As you have the facilities to expand in the system, I propose the following. The marriage will have as contract, backed by five prestige, that upon you obtaining half of the systems, you will be awarded the title in the immediate years following it by Zaqaru. The prestige in the contract can be used by Zaqaru to grant the title and fulfill the condition. Should the title not be awarded in the immediate years, the prestige is yours. Should you renounce your vassalage to Zaqaru before obtaining half of the systems, the prestige is returned to Zaqaru.

During your vassalage until you are bestowed the title of Countess, your current facility will have the right to develop Champseau and the obligation to share any developed blueprints. In any event Zaqaru seeks its services for another purpose, equivalent resources for the development of Champseau will be provided. You are free to use the current facility for other purposes than development of the system, but then no equivalent resources will be provided.

Does this sound acceptable?

Yours sincerely,
    Meta Zaqaru

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyrae
    Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

I welcome your congratulations and am pleased to hear the events managed to leave an impression.

Even more pleased I am to understand I have reached the right person to deal with the issue at hand. I do not believe the gates to be disrupted beyond recourse. The Sansones used exotic particle mines in the conflict and their cumulative effect have destabilized the warp gates and added a risk to traversing them.

While I believe continued victory can be assured despite this obstacle, I do not desire such an unknown risk to stall my plans. I am willing to offer half of my industry output (effectively 3 Trade) if this risk can be eliminated completely by the knowledge you have.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-04-12 at 08:45 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

The Codex of Jhixi

"Contact. Zothon Gate operational. Locked on target. Exiting Warpspace at full speed."

Just like that, a small Lyraen frigate orbits over the Ytterbus homeworld of Zothon. Although its intentions are far from hostile, it is a not so subtle reminder of the Wayward Fleet's aptness to roam far afield and strike deep into hostile territory should the need arise.

"Relay the comm on Ytterbus frequency. We come bearing Admiral Kelse's personal gift to Duke Arthrax."

The Codex of Jhixi. Little more than a trinket. Near useless, in fact. A genuine and extremely rare sample of Jere'Jere technology uncovered by Duke Kyrthar's expedition, on the other hand. It is far from easy coming across anything more than smoking rubble and spaceship wrecks after their passage after all. A connoisseur of the outer expanse would certainly find it valuable.

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, you read all this crap just to learn that I just awarded the turn 1 token to Ytterbus. yay!

Spoiler: ARCANE ONLY
    Show
    My knowledge of travelling through warp gates should go around the disruption caused by the Sansone, correct? And should I share it, does he gain Archives: Warp Gates 1 permanently?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Democratic Collective

First Equal Leoflaedd steps into her office for the first time. Like her predecessors, she has spent the first week of her tenure visiting the colonies, speaking to those she'll be serving. Now, though, it is time to work. She begins by perusing the documents left by Aethelbyrd, content with his record-keeping. For nearly two days, Leoflaedd is sequestered in the office, her only interruptions coming from the newly elected Advisors and her Second. The long hours are no stranger to her - shifts on the factory floor were brutal, if satisfying. Here, though, the strain is mental and her fatigue is kept at bay easily.

The day is growing long when Taemre, the new First Advisor of Foreign Affairs enters the room, bearing a short note.

"A missive, First Equal. From an Oppressor."

With a barely-concealed sneer, Leoflaedd quickly reads the message. She shakes her head and tosses it into a nearby wastebin. As Taemre turns to leave, though, the First Equal has a thought.

"Hold, Taemre. Send... send an affirmative response. And get me Beofweon."

----- ----- -----

No doubt to the surprise of many, the Collective arrives the the races. One large cruiser, unadorned and bulky, lands in its appointed spot. A man and woman step out of a small doorway and sign the paperwork indicating their purpose, before returning to the ship. Moments later, a man, tall and broad, makes his way to the gathering representatives. He is Beofweon, First Advisor of Entertainment, and he is representing the People at this event. His pilots and ships will be revealed on race day, and no sooner, he promises.

He finds the Greenflame representative at the early gathering and offers a polite, if subdued, thanks for the invitation.

----- ----- -----

Enigma 5

Spoiler: To the Earl of 4,-8
    Show
    First Equal Leoflaedd to Earl [Name],
    We would not see lives wasted in conflict. Your unconditional surrender is required. Your people will join the Collective and the nobles will be tried. If they are deemed worthy, they will be allowed a position in the government of our great Democracy.

We hope you see reason.

Spoiler: To Alexander Laramy
    Show
    First Equal Leoflaedd to Alexander Laramy,

It seems my predecessor was remiss in his duties; you were not contacted when we received news of your father's passing!

So let me be the first to say: he is rotting in whatever torturous excuse for an afterlife awaits you and your kin, and you will soon join him. Your excesses and bloated corruption have caught up with you. The empire will crumble around you and millions will die for your sins. I hope you waste none of your wealth on funeral arrangements - your corpse will float in space with the detritus of this storm.

And while we hate you both equally, at least your sister has the foresight to see how the winds blow. Perhaps she will survive this crucible, if the people will it.

Spoiler: To Persephone Laramy
    Show
    First Equal Leoflaedd to Persephone Laramy,

It seems my predecessor was remiss in his duties; you were not contacted when we received news of your father's passing!

So let me be the first to say: he is rotting in whatever torturous excuse for an afterlife awaits you and your kin, and you will soon join him. Your excesses and bloated corruption have caught up with you. The empire will crumble around you and millions will die for your sins. I hope you waste none of your wealth on funeral arrangements - your corpse will float in space with the detritus of this storm.

And while we hate you both equally, at least your brother has the willingness to do what it takes to survive in this harsh reality.. Perhaps he will survive this crucible, if the people will it.

Spoiler: To the Silk-Touched
    Show
    First Equal Leoflaedd to High Courtesan Miras

Greetings, High Courtesan. I have been informed of the agreements made between my predecessor's Second and yourself, and I must say I approve. I hope to continue working with you to create a better Empire for all.

I am merely sending this message as an introduction and to assure you that a change in leadership will not indicate a change in policy.
    Last edited by JBarca; 2019-04-12 at 04:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Fleets

The space forces of Zaqaru consist of its many fleets. How many there currently are is left up to prediction, but fact is that there were ten fleets five years ago. Each of them having their own base across the Zaqaruan holdings. The destructive might of Zaqaru is without question and is led by elite commanders, well trained in strategy and tactics at the military academies.

Before their latest war, the total strength of all their fleets ranked in the top 5 compared to the other major factions. Notable outlier is House Laramy, who has the greatest battle force of them all, but is currently embroiled in internal conflict.

Top 7 Strongest Fleets of Major Factions (Five years ago)
    • House Laramy, 20 Fleets
    • House of Steel, 14 Fleets
    • House Sansone, 13 Fleets
    • House Greenflame, 12 Fleets
    • Zaqaru and House Berger, 10 Fleets
    • Duchy of Lyrae and House Mertens, 9 Fleets
    • House Arnos, 8 Fleets

For certain is that the current state of the fleets of the above factions is not public knowledge. What is public knowledge is the general composition of the Zaqaruan fleets. They specialise in fighters supported by a carrier, backed by one frigate class. There are 5 spaceship types in the fleets and each spaceship type is described in their own file.

Zaqaru Fleet spaceship types
    • Carrier
    • Scout
    • Interceptor
    • Bomber
    • Torpedo Frigate

Credits for fleet pictures credits go to Homeworld 2 Remastered in-game graphics. The ships are Hiigaran models.
    Homeworld Remastered: http://www.homeworldremastered.com/
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Other image host.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Sashaw Races

The massive class 1 pleasure ship arrived for the event with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with the silk touched attending an event. They made sure not to cause any problems for planetary orbit and would send a transport to actually land on planet because this ship dwarfed many... It had only defensive cannon and incredibly powerful shields but could do no harm to a planet and most (besides pirates) ignored such vessels. What made it truly interesting was what was within. All manner of true and imagined comforts were available. Including lavish living spaces, multiple swimming facilities of all manner of planetary needs. There was also endless objectification. Pleasures were answered to know end and lavish parties could be thrown on a moments notice.

When the landing vessel arrived on the planet it contained a magnificent ensemble of riders. Most of them were children of the last races veterans as well as a few who had attended before. Old pros looking for a second go, enhanced through the "immortality treatments" (adding an extra 100 years top but gotta market this stuff) and several were those who had come close to winning. 1 or 2 had grandparents who had placed first back in the day. Like all major events, the silk touched made a point of really splashing.

Wing track:
    Spoiler
    Show

This ostentatious design is incredibly fragile but it relies on tachyon float technology, it produces a silver vapor as it travels and due to it being held together through optimized psych energies it remains incredibly manouveurable. The pilot within maintains control of the finnicky design while AI helps to handle pin point movements and avoid damage. This stunning machine is piloted by Hethra Lane The grand daughter of Jasick Lane A winner 4 races ago in wing rough.

Wing rough:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Miasma Butterfly is a magnificent being. A species that once ruled over a planet now colonized by the silk touched. Due to this fantastic (though primitive) race they could not bring themselves to bring extinction to them and so instead built isolated cities that minimized their damage to the ecosystem and domesticated several of these creatures turning them into a form of transportation for the exorbinantly wealthy. They are treated very well, but are designed for combat. They can release a web like substance have incredibly basic psychic abilities and their bone is remarkably dense and has ripped through land vessals even a few armored vehicles have been destroyed when dealing with raging Miasma butterflys. Wild Miasma butterflys still terrify locals and only the bravest go out into the jungles of Baramas 7 due to these apex predators. Dembe Bonaso is a second generation pilot whose father scored 5th in the Sashaw races 2 races back. He is looking to score in the top 3 this year.

Wheel track:
    Spoiler
    Show

A speed runner bike, it is highly modified but remains one of the weakest entries for the Silk touched. They hope to do well and have a returning racer whose experiance they hope will make up the distance and put them in the top 3 for this track. Fidora Xaqaer was second place in the wheel rough 50 years ago and he hopes to take first in the wheel track. He wished a second go in rough but the experiance is incredibly dangerous and the high courtesan insisted all racers return to her alive.

Wheel rough:
    Spoiler
    Show

A rather nasty modified sand breaker from the military has been transformed into a sleek vehicle of worthy value to bring down their opponents. Luck Xaqaer child of Fidora looks to do what their father could not and run this race and take first place.

Starship:
    Spoiler
    Show

obsidian phoenix Mark II is the star of the show for the Sashaw races this year. It is piloted by a veteran of the Silk touched military, and an apex ace pilot. Jaqlin Veer has been testing this beast of a ship out for over 2 years and now finally gets to try it against the best in the galaxy. If the prototype is successful a modified version is planned for the new carrier fleet.

Tatooine Run:
    Spoiler
    Show

The cyber centaur was a design they had not created... They had spent a great deal of imperial credits on this bizarre machine from a mad genius in House Vastadds duchy. It was only due to top notch information gathering they had even heard of this wild machine. The high Courtesan purchased it at a premium and recruited the mad man who has designed not much of anything since. The man trapped inside the machine was terrified the first time. It was incredibly unnatural but eventually he got used to the strange design and has mastered it. The high courtesan is very excited to see the results for Shaman Yorn a first time rider with no family history in the games but showed top notch scores on the CC.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

House Ytterbus

It had been a busy time. But the Duke wasn't concerned with the latest reports on his science team's failure to produce any meaningful data. Instead, he was hovering in the turbulent atmosphere of a gas giant, watching his daughter, Cupria, try out her new wings. Although he wasn't a huge fan of her style, he had to compliment her artistry in the design. She had built off the chassis blueprints used for female Ytterbus ambassadors, but she had totally refitted everything other than the base design. Metal plating was replaced with lightweight plastic. Much of the unnecessary mass was scrapped. And to finish the design, she had created a pair of large wings to hold the body aloft and give it an angelic appearance. "It seems effective," he comments. She replies, "It's fun too, although I don't suppose you'd understand that. Just a few years ago, I was just a human, but now?" She does an aerobatic swoop, spreading her wings for emphasis, "Now, I'm an angel."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Enigma 5

Spoiler: Ytterbus
    Show
    Duke Arthrax,

we would like to advance our earlier conversation concerning House Jinks. I'm quite sure bigger concerns had you completely engrossed, but I trust our little gift was enough to your liking to hold your precious attention until we manage to reach a profitable agreement.
    Duke Athaia Kelse

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

]

Earl Ayabit Zaqaru for the Sashaw Starship Race

One of the contestants in the Sashaw Race is Earl Ayabit Zaqaru, flying a military Scout vessel for the Starship competition. She is sixty-one years old and a distant relative of Duke Abolar Zaqaru. A ranking officer, she has years of experience as fighter pilot before gaining her title of Earl.

She looks with Greed to the price money of the starship competition. Well known for both her Stubbornness as well as Bravery, she would not be denied a competing place in the Sashaw Race. Those she has flown alongside also typify her as Cruel and Cynical, though in her public appearances she hides these traits.

The vessel she flies in is one of the fastests spaceships available to Zaqaru, the scout vessel. It is several modifications for the race, such as stripping it of the lone gun the scouts otherwise carry and installed with a heavier engine. The use of the military space vessel is both an asset as well as a downside. The result of work from state run operations makes it of high quality and outfitted with one of the strongest engines around, but due to its military origins, it is not as hyper specialised in the role of a race as some of the other big players.

Earl Ayabit Zaqaru has her many years of experience as officer and pilot to use for the race, allowing her to deal with a wide range of situations under pressure with ease. Her bravery and stubbornness will be assets, though she does not have a long carrier in races itself, her responsibilities as earl drawing away from it too. She also has to rely on experience, instead of young vigour. How she will compete in the race is not an easy prediction, though expectations are that to compete with her will require at the very least the backing of a major galactic player, leading to the general estimate that she will wind up at a high place.

Scout

The fastest manned spaceship of the Zaqaru fleets, the Scout is a fighter which serves as reconnaissance in the battlefield, keeping a close eye on enemy numbers. Flying in squadrons of three to ensure there is always backup available, even deep beyond enemy lines, it also provides a higher chance of getting sensitive intelligence back to the fleets. The smallest spaceship in the Zaqaru fleet, at a length of 11 meters.

The Scouts are equipped with a wide array of sensor equipment and little can escape their attention unnoticed. The design of the fighter originates from an original to move through asteroid belts and scan for resources, with its speed and manoeuvrability serving it well in the dangerous environment. A common tactic of the scouts remains to use asteroids for cover to gain their intelligence, as they can move through dense debris with ease where larger spaceships find themselves hampered or blocked.

The scout design is not only used on the battlefield as there are reports that Zaqaru agents use the spaceships as well to quickly reach their destination or to pick up signals. Another role they fill is that of patrol spaceship. Focused on sensors, Scouts are equipped with only a small projectile weapon, unfit for extended battle. It relies on its speed and manoeuvrability to evade enemy fire and escape from the battle.

Top scout picture: https://www.deviantart.com/tallhobbi...Scout-55770679
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Other image host.

13. - Top - End - #103

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Less than an hour after the Sashaw’s opening ceremonies end side events pop up like mushrooms after rain. Nightclubs running into day, VR surround tents, concerts by a dozen bands local and exotic, even quick build events where engineers are given a small list of parts and compete to build the best racer on site. Early in the afternoon screens in every tent and stomping ground flick to footage of the Hidalgo Track, a jagged ridge above the very canyons that will hold the rough race for wing craft in a few days. The track is a few dozen kilometers south of the Sashaw festivities, but the howling winds of the region mean that the race is much better viewed through cameras. The roar of more than five dozen wheel craft going through final checks rounds, and the cameras pan down to the waiting racers, the Rough Wheel is about to begin!

House Greenflame’s entry, a buggy resembling an oversized snowmobile to combat the desert slip and piloted by the diminutive Pasha Juia revs with the best of them. The vehicle waits respectfully behind the empty first position, reserved for the absent Laramy representative.

At the Sashaw:

To House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: private leader meeting
    Show
    Farid Saquar greets Duke Zaqaru in billowing desert robes, a genuine smile on his face for the festivities all around.
    “Abolar, my friend, it is nice to speak outside the context of a formal ball. Please sit! Let us discuss the difficult matter of war.”
    The tent, while designed with thick walls to keep noise and privacy in mind, was a cool relief among the desert heat. Refreshments in the form of water and aromatic wine are present, and Farid selects water before settling.
    “The Haytham is at yourservice, per our previous agreement Lord Abolar, but you talk as if you intended to fully annex Sasone, is this true? You may find yourself facing devastating unrest in the years to come with so many new planets to govern. While extending the war may prove profitable, a rolling approach may be the wiser course. That said, you have a much more powerful spy network than I, and perhaps can control a conquered populace.”

“Tactically I agree, the enemy has little chance and we can surely push to their capital and exact significant reparations and perhaps even another system, but I would temper your ambition with some caution, and would be careful risking the new colonies you have gained to support military ships right away.”
    Farid leans back onto a low couch, eyes wandering the roof as if picturing stars.
    “There is also the question of international opinion, having looked at the over my dossiers I firmly believe that everyone is too wrapped up in their own problems and likely too weak to intervene, but I do not think we should poison our own wells in the long term. The divorce was a pretext for vengeance and the taking of Gade gave the war a poetic twist. A brilliant piece by the way, splitting their house as they split their marriage. More than that will be a war on less… honest terms? I do not know how exactly to phrase my words here, but nobles have long memories, and there may come a day when we seek allies in a larger messier conflict, a reputation for disregarding war exhaustion and reasonable war goals will do us no favours no?”

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

House Starosta is on the Scene
    The Sashaw race has attracted participants from all over the Imperium from houses that are barely noble to the greater nobility who back contestants with little chance just to say they entered.

But House Starosta is not like that. House Starosta makes the best ships in the Imperium and they won’t turn down the chance to prove it. They do not bother with what they consider the lesser events, but their entry into the starship race is breathtaking.

Spoiler: The Svelto
    Show

The Svelto is the very latest from the Starosta shipyards using cutting edge engine technology for unparalleled maneuverability and speed. Like all Starosta products it does not sacrifice comfort for utility and is fitted with a luxurious interior and top of the line safety systems to deal with any potential emergency.

The Svelto is the ultimate in personal transport for the discerning noble. Or racer willing to spend several planetary fortunes.

Spoiler: Earl Periklis Treasach to the Tatarus [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Dear High Courtesan Miras,

I trust your intentions are honorable and true, but the web of fealty that ties the Imperium together is a tight one. I cannot honorably accept vassalage to an organization outside of the Imperium no matter their intentions.

But I am willing to offer an alliance.

Sincerely,
    Earl Periklis Treasarch

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Deary Lady Zaqaru,

Your terms are unfortunately bare of anything on the Pantou side of the scales. You would grant us the right to develop the system, when we already have that right. If Zaqaru wishes to reap the benefits of our efforts in Pantou, then you must provide some measure of aid in that effort.

I propose the following amendment to your contract.

1. Until the Zaqaru Dynasty awards the title of Countess to the House Pantou they agree to provide [2 Trade] every five years to be used to purchase additional colonization equipment.
    2. After the Zaqaru Dynasty awards the title of Countess to the House Pantou they agree that the House Pantou reserves the usage of [2 University] for House Pantou projects in perptuity.
    3. House Pantou agrees not to sell any designs resulting from the above projects unless mutually agreed by the Zaqaru Dynasty.

Yours Sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyrae [GM]
    Show

Your scientists analysis of the warp gate disruption is that with their current knowledge they can’t guarantee safe passage through the disrupted warp gates, but they could probably stabilize the warp gates more swiftly than the Zaqaru Dynasty’s scientists could.

If you share these methods with the Zaqaru Dynasty, such that the Zaqaru scientists could stabilize the warp gates themselves, then they would gain Archives: Warp Gates permanently.

Spoiler: Earl Judocus Roshan to the Democratic Collective [Engima 3]
    Show
    First Equal Leoflaedd,

Do you think we have not studied your laws. Under your terms the vast majority of my family would be executed for the crime of being born noble. Grant me and my family safe passage to seek shelter elsewhere and I will not oppose your invasion.

Otherwise I will fight you with every fiber of my being. Better to die in the service of my family than in chains at the will of the mob.

Sincerely,
    Earl Judocus Roshan

Spoiler: Earl Judocus Roshan to House Vastadd [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Duchess Vastadd,

The Democratic Collective is threatening to invade my system and I cannot repel them. I will swear immediate fealty to you if you grant me your protection.

Sincerely,
    Earl Judocus Roshan

Spoiler: Earl Judocus Roshan to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Duke Greenflame,

The Democratic Collective is threatening to invade my system and I cannot repel them. I will swear immediate fealty to you if you grant me your protection.

Sincerely,
    Earl Judocus Roshan

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Contestant Sili Zaqaru for the Sashaw Wheel Rough Race

At the wheel rough race, Sili Zaqaru, daughter of Nocri and 25 years old, is riding a wheeled vehicle of her own design, making use of her own studies. There are rumours she almost crashed in a previous test run, due to her Bravery leading to recklessness. More than rumours are not known, as she is Shy and does not give interviews to the media. There are reports of her fondness of delicacies, being Gluttonous and those who do approach her will find her to be Trusting, but whether this is the media blowing things up in proportion or being accurate is up to any fan’s debate.

Sili Zaqaru’s performance is much of an enigma, as her design is much of a mystery, just as she keeps herself from the media. Contrary to her own desire, this has given her a sizeable fanbase amongst Zaqaruans, who speculate a lot about the mystique. A large slice of this fanbase are those who work in engineering the Zaqaru spacecraft and they claim she will earn a podium stage and ranking first is within reach.

Contestant Earl Saba Zaqaru for the Sashaw Wheel Track Race

Earl Saba Zaqaru rides the wheel track race in style. The oldest contestant from the Zaqaru side, at 79 years old, uses a car not designed or created by the Zaqarus, but instead purchased from and maintained by House Starosta. The sleek design, the shining appearance, Earl Saba Zaqaru Lusts for beauty. Generally known as a Kind Earl, he treats his subjects and lovers well. Clearly Stubborn enough to show up with a design where style was top priority, he delights in other hobbies showcasing his wealth as well, with a Gluttonous attitude. Still, do not dare to make fun of his choice of style, for his Zeal towards equating beauty to quality will send him into a berating speech.

True enough to this philosophy, expectation is that his ride will give a decent performance and it is unlikely to fail or crash. Some claim that Earl Saba Zaqaru is only participating to show off his class and style, something he will no doubt succeed at, while others interject that the car will have some surprises up its sleeves for the upcoming race. Earl Saba Zaqaru will certainly prove to be an interesting addition to the race.

Spoiler: Private leader meeting with House Greenflame
    Show
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru looks with appreciation to the tent setup and drinks some water before sitting down in an upright position. Not used to such heat after the flight here, he has to adapt to the changing environment.

“War exhaustion?” Duke Abolar Zaqaru frowns deeply. “To hear you speak of that deeply surprises me. This war is nothing compared to the grand wars Greenflame has fought against the Freehold Worlds. On my end, the rivalry with Sansone has been long and bitter before peace negotiations. Neither of our sides are exhausted from the war.”

Duke Abolar Zaqaru scratches his head, but then relents. “I do understand you have concerns, however. I feel that continuing this war is reasonable, for I cannot trust such a powerful neighbour who has sought to reignite the feud between our families. The willingness of the Sansones to disrupt the warp gates and the trade routes going through them is cause enough to prolong this war, even if it were not for our feud. It should be clear to any that Gade would not be the last move, however poetic the division of the Sansone territory is. After all, the Sansones will be waiting to retake it. I do agree with you, setting their whole territory as was goal is a bold move that can be seen as overaggressive.”

“Yet the Sansones push me towards it. To wage a war and take a system at a time while not just my own forces, but yours as well, risk being delayed or destroyed by the warp gates each time. And each time, they may disrupt more and more warp gates. It is not a desirable scenario, nor a risk I am willing to take. This is the time to strike. My fleet damaged their holdings, their territory is divided and we are still strong, now is the moment to achieve a decisive victory over the Sansones and end the fued once and for all.”

“The battle plan I envision as follows. I send my agents, backed by my family, to disable fleets at the top territory, then we split both our fleets and take the two arms of the territories. I'll keep three fleets for each arm in reserve to conquer the holdings.”

“It will take time to bring rest to the region, but I consider that preferable to waiting before Sansone backstabs Zaqaru again. Once their threat is gone, both of us can dedicate our attention to other subjects worth of concern. That despicable collective in your sector is expanding. Nobles are uniting against Tartarus.” Duke Abolar Zaqaru has a serious and grave look to his face.

“Unless you have another suggestion? To wage war system by system or leave the Sansones idle just do not seem feasible options at this point, given what they are willing to do to warp gates.”

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou
    Show
    Dear Earl Varrais de Pantou,

Please explain to me how you see the Pantou side of the scales so empty. I see a greater noble title, the protection from a liege, the lack of Zaqaru competition for the system, the freedom to choose develop the system as desired and make use of the developed holdings freely.

Yes, aid is not given by means of goods at this time, because of prior agreements concerning the Sansone conflict. You possess the capability to develop the system and will be rewarded with a title for the effort.

The benefits Zaqaru stands to gain are in increased prestige, greater territory and around three blueprints.

I felt that the offer was indeed charitable, giving you desired freedom and not straining Zaqaru resources in a difficult time. So it pains me that you view otherwise.

Perhaps there are assumptions in the way here. I think you may have unspoken obligations in mind which may tip the scales to the Zaqaru side. Could you state those in addition to your addendum? From that basis I believe we may have a more fruitful negotiation.

Yours sincerely,
    Meta Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

House Berger
    Enigma 5

The Berger fleet arrived into Voss space and found it... empty. No ships, no turrets, nothing. At least anything that they could see. Ernst was aboard the Patience himself, eyes locked onto a large holoscreen on the bridge. It displayed various information - where the Berger ships were, what their status was and the respective information for any enemy ships as accurately as their sensors could tell. Right now it mostly displayed various blue dots - those being the Berger fleet - and the gate behind them.

The ships, most of them the trusty old destroyers they had had for a long time now, started getting into position as soon as they arrived through the warp gate. A quarter of the fleet was there when the holoscreen suddenly flared to life. Electronic warfare transmissions from all over the system were assaulting the Berger position, immediately disabling many of the ships. House Berger only had a few experts in EW, and they did what they could to protect the ships. It was far too little.

As the Berger fleet continued its attempt to get into a proper formation, the first mine was hit, destroying the Clarity in a single explosion, sending debris all around it. And soon after, it was over. No more EW transmissions, nothing. But they now knew that something was out there.

The next few years would have very similar 'combat' happening again and again, with House Berger chasing ghosts all around the system. Only a few times when actual shots were fired, causing minimal casualties on both sides. Overall, while very few losses were suffered, it was a humiliating defeat for what was one of the Empire's strongest fleets.

''Withdraw'' Ernst had to finally admit the battle had been lost. A simple order, one might think, but with three quarters of the fleet disabled at this point, it was far from it. 'Have the still functional ships tow the others out, if need be. We'll come back with the experts Izabela offered us.' Berger fleet now turning tail, the Voss were much more eager to engage. The few ships that remained fully functional firing away at the slightest hint of one of the cloaked Voss vessels. A terrible start for a war. But they'd be back. That he could guarantee.

Players

Spoiler: Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    Duke Abolar,

I can get [5 stat points] through, if you need me to. This would, however, mean that we couldn't use these capabilities for our own plans. I am contacting someone who is far more better equipped with dealing with such an issue, and will be in contact once I learn if I can be of more help.

Sincerely,
    Duke Ernst

NPCs

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Do you know of an alternative way to get from Zaqaru Space into the territories of house Sansone? I'd be interested in purchasing any such information. Permanently, if possible, although I'm also interested in 'renting'.

Spoiler: Earl Zola Jasmina
    Show
    How do things look in your system? As you know, Earl Byron has sworn fealty to house Berger, and was handsomely rewarded for doing so. Perhaps you'd be interested in a similar arrangement?

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show
    My dearest relative,

I come to you asking if the electronic warfare experts are still available. As you may know, our attack against House Voss was not exactly a success. Perhaps you'd be interested in aiding us? We'd offer you [9 trade] for [9 agency], as well as compensate you for any unfortunate losses after the attack has been made. Does this sound acceptable?

I am also contacting you to inquire about other matters: the earls to your 'south', and what the collective means for the region. If the democratic collective continues it rhetoric, it will almost certainly come to blows with house Vastadd eventually. Perhaps you could give us your blessing to contact [04,-06] and then take over said system. We would, of course, have to transport any materials to there through your systems. You could have the other branch. This would not only give house Berger a new colony, but also ensure that I'd have a vested interested in defending the region - including any colonies of house Vastadd.

Yours,
    Duke Ernst
    Last edited by Pahvimato; 2019-04-15 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstipidfighte View Post
    Pahvi, if this is serious, you are a god among men.

17. - Top - End - #107

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

At the Sashaw
    House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: Private Leader Meeting
    Show
    “Please do not mistake me, Abloar, I did not refer to our empires or troops being exhausted, I refer to the House of Sasone and their people. Unless you intend to execute them in some barbaric revelry they will survive this conflict, even if you take every system. And then they will park in embassies and courts across the galaxy and spend the rest of their days whinging over the treachery of Zaqaru.” Farid shrugged, a gesture clearly intended to show his disregard for such things.
    “Have you read the old histories? Of Bonaparte back on old Terra? A man who won nearly every battle, but thought to little of international opinion. He took to much, to quickly, and his Empire was torn away by those who feared his eye would rest on them next.”
    Farid shook his head.
    “You are no Bonaparte, neither in height nor ideals, and I hope that your victory will be a more permanent thing. But I will not have the Haytham be your Spain at Trafalgar. Let us crush the Sasone fleets, demand some reparations, and consolidate our position. The Damage we inflict will take generations to repair and your fued has lasted generations, what is a few more years?”

The Democratic Collective of the People
    Spoiler
    Show
    Farid Saquar offers a stiff nod to the First Equal of Entertainment, clearly unsure of how exactly to proceed. After a brief, awkward moment, the Grand Sheikh invites Beofweon to a small, private tent.

Once inside their are a few refreshments laid out around luxurious couches, and the walls are thick and sound-proofing despite the cool interior. Farid approaches the two occupants and holds a quick whispered exchange before they are left in privacy.

“Mister Beofweon, I understand you are minister of Entertainment for the collective? I hope we might speak in a diplomatic capacity, if you are able to represent your government in some form. There is a rather time sensitive matter regarding Earl Roshan that I must address with your nation.”

Players

House Berger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Berger,

You mentioned interest in the designs we have been building, I am proud to announce two new designs for ultra light fighter craft, a bomber and star superiority fighter. Would you be interested in purchasing some equipment?

The price is currently set at [2 trade per 5 equipment], with two different patterns, the Orca bomber and the Hexshot Superiority fighter. [both are military equipment patterns]

Tartarus
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am proud to announce two new designs for ultra light fighter craft, a bomber and star superiority fighter. Would you be interested in purchasing some equipment?

The price is currently set at [2 trade per 5 equipment], with two different patterns, the Orca bomber and the Hexshot Superiority fighter. [both are military equipment patterns]

House Lonestar
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am proud to announce two new designs for ultra light fighter craft, a bomber and star superiority fighter. Would you be interested in purchasing some equipment?

House Lyre
    Spoiler
    Show

House Ytterbus
    Spoiler
    Show

House Arnos
    Spoiler
    Show

NPCs

House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show

The price is currently set at [2 trade per 5 equipment], with two different patterns, the Orca bomber and the Hexshot Superiority fighter.

House of Steel
    Spoiler
    Show

The price is currently set at [2 trade per 5 equipment], with two different patterns, the Orca bomber and the Hexshot Superiority fighter.

House Laramy (both, though obviously seperatly)
    Spoiler
    Show

House Barlow
    Spoiler
    Show

House Gadhavi
    Spoiler
    Show

House Bosque
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

HOUSE YTTERBUS

The Ytterbus ship touched down gracefully at the site of the races. Its shell unfolded like a flower opening to the sun, vanadium-steel petals rotating around into landing gear. The base of the conical ship opened, and a crane arm lowered a platform with the first member of the Ytterbus team.
    The cyborg is fairly unremarkable, as far as Ytterbus designs are concerned, a humanoid frame with the brain contained in a reinforced glass jar in the machine's head. A thick black cable leads from the cyborg's arm to the cage behind it, and it is the horse within which truly catches the eyes. Of all the ways one could stretch the definition of "horse," this is probably one of the most extreme. The creature is the size of a horse, yes, and it has four legs, yes, but the similarities end there. The creature has leathery, pitch-black hide, covered with jagged bone spines. Its body is sinuous and muscular, and it paces back and forth in its prison, its barbed tail lashing. Four feral eyes glare out through the cage's bars at its captor, and it lets out a ghastly screech, viscous spittle spattering over the cage and the ground. The worst thing of all is how it seems unnatural, radiating a palpable sense of unease all around it, a sense that it shouldn't be there, a creeping feeling that makes it uncomfortable to stare at, but difficult to look away from. At second glance, it is clear that it's not entirely natural. A machine is hammered into its cranium, the cable attached to the cyborg's hand feeding into it. Some of the spines on its back have been sanded down to make a space for a saddle. The beast charges the bars of its cage, but as soon as it makes contact, there is a crackle of electricity and it stumbles back. The cyborg then raises his hand with the cable, and the monster collapses onto the floor, convulsing with pain. "I AM AURS YTTERBUS. REPRESENTATIVE OF HOUSE YTTERBUS IN THE TATOOINE RUN. I PRESENT MY MOUNT, DEMON." Aurs bows exaggeratedly to the assembled nobles, and forces the beast to do likewise.

Thankfully, the next two racers to exit, the ones for the wheeled races, are far less monstrous. Ytterbus cyborgs often blur the lines between vehicle and pilot into non-existence, and these are no different. For the track race, the racer is very strange. It looks like someone tied three torpedoes together and placed them onto a cart, and that's almost exactly what it actually is. The steering system and chassis belong to a high-end race car, but the wheels are replaced with durable metal discs, and the top part of the vehicle consists of three ship-to-ship torpedoes and an armored storage pod for the cyborg brain. A weak electric drive pushes it slowly off the platform. The cyborg does not announce their name yet.
    For the rough race, the vehicle is a fairly typical all-terrain vehicle, with a heavily armored chassis and a ridiculous suspension. Like the previous, its pilot does not identify themself.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Bomber

The heavy hitters of the Zaqaruan fighters, bombers have two launchers firing heavy plasma bombs that are capable of dealing heavy damage to large and thick armored enemies. Excellent at hitting spaceships from frigate class and bigger, such as capital ships, they are capable of destroying targets much larger than they are. The bombers fly in squadrons of five and have a length of 23 meters.

Bombers are fast and maneuverable like any fighter. While their heavy armament makes them compare less favourable to other fighters, to any slow capital ship they can exploit any blind spot in their turret arcs. From the right angle, they can also use their speed and manoeuvrability to outrun and dodge such fire and move to another favourable position to launch another salvo. Bombers function best when escorted by other fighters, who draw away fire to let the bombers launch their assault.

Spoiler: Private Leader conversation with House Greenflame
    Show
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru scratches his forehead and his eyebrows are in a deep down. Taking another gulp of his water, he pours himself another drink, buying time to think. Ponderously stroking his beard, he looks on the far distance.

When he finally returns his gaze to in front of him, he blinks a few times. “I..” There's a moment's pause, as if thoughts are straightening out. “I think you're right, Farid.” Duke Abolar Zaqaru shook his head for a moment, after which his eyes look clearer.

“Taking all of the Sansone territory will rid me of their immediate threat, as they have nothing but their system to oppose. But that would stir unrest, both locally as interstellar as they seek aid.” Duke Abolar Zaqaru nods to himself for a moment. “It's neither what I truly desire either. There is no need to take all of their territory. I want them to bow the knee, to reduce their influence in the sector. As you said, I'm no Bonaparte, I seek not an Empire.”

The contours of Abolar's face turns sharper. “I seek the Kingdom restored to old. So let's restore Sansone's borders to that of old, their original Duchy. Their territory is currently cut in two, with the upper branch their original Duchy.”

“I want the lower branch out of Sansone hands and their fealty when Zaqaru restores the title of King.” Abolar nodded slowly, then looks at Farid.

“That is more reasonable. The question remains what war goal, and tactics, will suit. It makes sense to me to proclaim the lower branch of the Sansone territory as war goal. Do you support that or have another idea?”

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

Thank you for sharing what your capabilities are, this is much appreciated. I believe you will likely wish to make use of those capabilities yourself and I fear that it is insufficient with the capacity I am looking at. I look forward to what you may learn, please keep me up to date.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

On behalf of Zaqaru I wish to make you aware that the Zaqaru fighter fleet now has an improved version of our Bombers and we are willing to make it available to you. With trusted Zaqaru design, the Orca Bomber is equipped with nuclear missiles to inflict even greater damage against heavily armoured targets.

Should you chose our shipyards over any competitors, we can offer 3 shipments of Orca Bombers in exchange for the yearly output of an industry. Each contains 5 squadrons of fighter craft. With each squadron having 5 fighters, that makes for a grand total of 75 bombers at your disposal. Any orders will be produced in five years time. I can assure you that we keep into account the colour scheme of your fleet, so they will fit right in to target any enemy.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Shursun Byleuc

[OOC] Offering 3 military equipment (Orca Bomber) for 1 trade, to be received at the start of next turn.
    Spoiler: House Lonestar
    Show
    Dear Duke Benjamin Stone,

On behalf of Zaqaru I wish to make you aware that the Zaqaru fighter fleet now has an improved version of our Bombers and we are willing to make it available to you. With trusted Zaqaru design, the Orca Bomber is equipped with nuclear missiles to inflict even greater damage against heavily armoured targets.

Should you chose our shipyards over any competitors, we can offer 3 shipments of Orca Bombers in exchange for the yearly output of an industry. Each contains 5 squadrons of fighter craft. With each squadron having 5 fighters, that makes for a grand total of 75 bombers at your disposal. Any orders will be produced in five years time. I can assure you that we keep into account the colour scheme of your fleet, so they will fit right in to target any enemy.

Yours sincerely,

[OOC] Offering 3 military equipment (Orca Bomber) for 1 trade, to be received at the start of next turn.
    Spoiler: House Lyrae
    Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Ytterbus
    Show
    Dear Duke Athrax,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Xinclair
    Show
    Dear Chief Financial Director Sigmund Xinclair,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Universial and Empyrean Church of the Blessed Eternal
    Show
    Dear Grand Exarch Malraux,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Forsche
    Show
    Dear Duke Forsche,

Yours sincerely,

NPCs

Show
    Dear Duchess Izabela Vastadd,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Laramy (both, but seperate)
    Show
    Dear House Laramy,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Barlow
    Show
    Dear Duke Barlow,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Gadhavi
    Show
    Dear Duke Gadhavi,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Bosque
    Show
    Dear Duke Bosque,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Jinks
    Show
    Dear Duke Jinks,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show
    Dear Duke Okeke,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duke Voss,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Mertens
    Show
    Dear Duke Mertens,

Yours sincerely,

Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Other image host.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

House Lonestar Enters The Race

A modest-seeming cargo ship makes it's way past the various Greenflame Checkpoints. However, wherever the cargo ship goes, rumors begin to blossom. The Lonestars were coming to the race, And they were packing some interesting equipment. However, they were only signing up for one race in particular.

The Horse Race.

The Cargo ship lands on one of the VIP hangers on Sashaw, and from the looks of it, it's a bit loud. Bleeting and neighs can be heard from within the ship. The Lonestars...brought an actual horse. The bay door opens and out from the back stands the patriarch of House Lonestar himself, Benjamin Stone.

Benjamin walks back into his ship, unlocking one of the stable doors on his cargo ship, and pulling out a black Corsair. It's legs muscled and eye's fierce. Ready for the competition

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Yahaan Zaqaru and Sidur Zaqaru for the Sashaw Wing Rough and Track Races

Representing Zaqaru in the Wing Races are a nephew and a cousin of Duke Abolar Zaqaru. For the rough race, Yahaan Zaqaru, son of Abolar’s brother Zaroosa, 34 years old, is flying an Interceptor fighter with his own modifications. An experienced pilot, serving in the Zaqaru fleet, he is bound to apply that experience in the race. With a strong temper he sits in the cockpit, having earned him a reputation of Wroth amongst the maintenance team. He is known to be Stubborn, but if his sense of Justice is successfully appealed, he will reel in. He prefers a more spartan life, preferring moderation with a Temperate attitude. According to him, it allows for more attention to the mind and as Erudite he has applied his lessons to the spaceship modifications.

Sidur Zaqaru is more straightforward, both as the wing track racer as well as her attitude towards journalists. To those who speak ill to her in interviews, she bad mouths with a Wrothful attitude. She is known to react Stubborn and also with fondness of the price money, showing her Greed. At the age of 22, her youthful enthusiasm has to make up for her lack of experience. She has not tinkered herself with her Interceptor fighter for speed, instead purchasing the services of a team to optimise it for speed.

They both use high grade spaceships with top of the line engines with enough strength for spaceflight. Interceptors serve a vital role in the Zaqaru fleets and are well adapted to atmospheric flight. It is expected Sidur Zaqaru will surpass a lot of the other contestants simply by virtue of having an incredibly fast spaceship with a base design tried on the battlefield. Whether this is enough to get a podium place amongst the top 3 is to be seen. Yahaan Zaqaru’s performance has higher expectations, with his own modifications and experience he can rely on.

Interceptor

Second fastest of the Zaqaru fighters, the Interceptor is manouvrable and small at a length of 17 meters. It excels at fighter to fighter combat, besides its role of patrol and escort. An Interceptor squadron contains five ships, with the most stereotypical appearance being the delta formation.

Equipped with a kinetic gun underneath their wing, their strike attacks make them formidable at strike and run tactics, often given cover to the even more offensive bomber squadrons. Their armour plating is light to optimise speed and manoeuvrability. In a winged chassis, the Interceptor possesses an edge in atmospheric flight over the other fighter designs.

Besides its appearance in the fleets, the Interceptor is also often seen in border patrol and spaceport as well as space station escort. Local law enforcement is also often seen in these vessels, so the Interceptor is one of the most common fleet designs also seen in Zaqaru space.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show

Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

On behalf of Zaqaru I wish to make you aware of an offer for agents. As you may be well aware, Zaqaru excels at cryptographic capabilities and this extends to the digital realm. To assist your agents in the same field, we are willing to make available to you specialized devices and hardware to operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Each shipment with contain personal devices with specialized hardware and three squadrons of scout spaceships with antenna equipped with all kinds of hacking hardware, such as sensors, computers and communication interceptors. This allows agents to more effectively work in their area of expertise, from disabling enemies, infiltrating hostile territory, listening in to foreign communications, to being tasked to advance cypher or enigma.

The price is a five-yearly output of an industry for 2 shipments of Hacking Hardware, or if choosing to purchase in bulk, a decade of industrial output in exchange for 5 shipments of Hacking Hardware. Just like our previous offer, the scouts will be available at a colour scheme of your choice.

I hope to hear from you soon should you be interested in our offer.

Yours sincerely,

[OOC] Offering 2 agent equipment (Hacking Hardware) for the price of 1 trade, or 5 equipment for 2 trade, to be received at the start of next turn.

Image from: https://pt.dreamstime.com/ilustra%C3...-image64902513
    Spoiler: House Berger
    Show

Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

Previously I contacted you with an offer regarding the Orca Bombers, a design where the chassis is of Zaqaru design and the armaments are of Greenflame design. I wish to extend another offer, this time completely of Zaqaru design, which I hope will prove useful to you in your conflicts.

As you may be well aware, Zaqaru excels at cryptographic capabilities and this extends to the digital realm. To assist your agents in the same field, we are willing to make available to you specialized devices and hardware to operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Each shipment with contain personal devices with specialized hardware and three squadrons of scout spaceships with antenna equipped with all kinds of hacking hardware, such as sensors, computers and communication interceptors. This allows agents to more effectively work in their area of expertise, from disabling enemies, infiltrating hostile territory, listening in to foreign communications, to being tasked to advance cypher or enigma.

The price is a five-yearly output of an industry for 2 shipments of Hacking Hardware, or if choosing to purchase in bulk, a decade of industrial output in exchange for 5 shipments of Hacking Hardware. Just like our previous offer, the scouts will be available at a colour scheme of your choice.

Yours sincerely,

[OOC] Offering 2 agent equipment (Hacking Hardware) for the price of 1 trade, or 5 equipment for 2 trade, to be received at the start of next turn.

Show

Dear Duke Benjamin Stone,

Previously I contacted you with an offer regarding the Orca Bombers, a design where the chassis is of Zaqaru design and the armaments are of Greenflame design. I wish to extend another offer, this time completely of Zaqaru design. As you may be well aware, Zaqaru excels at cryptographic capabilities and this extends to the digital realm. To assist your agents in the same field, we are willing to make available to you specialized devices and hardware to operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Yours sincerely,

Show

Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

Previously I contacted you with an offer regarding the Orca Bombers, a design where the chassis is of Zaqaru design and the armaments are of Greenflame design. I wish to extend another offer, this time completely of Zaqaru design. As you may be well aware, Zaqaru excels at cryptographic capabilities and this extends to the digital realm. To assist your agents in the same field, we are willing to make available to you specialized devices and hardware to operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Ytterbus
    Show

Dear Duke Athrax,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show

Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Xinclair
    Show

Dear Chief Financial Director Sigmund Xinclair,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Universal and Empyrean Church of the Blessed Eternal
    Show

Dear Grand Exarch Malraux,

Yours sincerely,

Show

Dear Duke Forsche,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Excagon Family
    Show

Dear Duchess Lehel,

On behalf of Zaqaru I wish to make you aware of an offer for agents. As you may be well aware, Zaqaru excels at cryptographic capabilities and this extends to the digital realm. To assist your agents in the same field, we are willing to make available to you specialized devices and hardware to operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Yours sincerely,

NPCs

Show

Dear Duchess Izabela Vastadd,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Alexander Laramy
    Show

Dear Lord Alexander Laramy,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Persephone Laramy
    Show

Dear Lady Persephone Laramy,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Barlow
    Show

Dear Duke Barlow,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Gadhavi
    Show

Dear Duke Gadhavi,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Bosque
    Show

Dear Duke Bosque,

Yours sincerely,

Show

Dear Duke Jinks,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show

Dear Duke Okeke,

Yours sincerely,

Show

Dear Duchess Brechtje Voss,

Yours sincerely,

Show

Dear Duke Mertens,

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Starosta
    Show

Dear Duke Starosta,

Yours sincerely,

Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Other image host.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

House Lonestar

Benjamin Stone sits a bar that is unfitting for a noble, not that he's going to say he is or isn't. He waves a bartender over, asking for a scotch on the rocks with a Zyzbarian Prickly fruit to flavor it. He appreciated the tangy flavor of it. he checked over his datapad, making sure that the missions he sent his family on were...going well

The First to Report, was Isabelle. Her face appears on the screen, Raven black hair and caramel skin. She wears a patch over one of her eyes, a glowing red cybernetic eye pushed over the patch. She sits atop broken droids and automated defenses, her vibrodagger gently unscrewing a bolt from one of the machines "Brother. she responds flatly. Rather annoyed at the interruption to her live fire training.

"Yesh. Thought you'd be happy to see me! I was just wondering how the exploring had been going? I'm gonna be in the Sashaw race, Bringing ol' Darklighter"

"Going to such a thing personally is a waste. You should be back on the Estate, meeting with the other nobles."

"Yea, But I thought I'd leave a good impression if I came. You know, make em think I'm humble, and willing to do most things my- and you hung up" He says, a bit disappointed at his sister's sudden exit. he sighs, sitting back in the bar. "I should have brought my Droid."

Enigma 4
    Spoiler: House Zaqaru
    Show

"HELLO I AM DIPLOMACY UNIT 8654 AND I HEAR YALL MAKIN OFFERS FOR WEAPONS AND HACKING WERE RATHER FULL WHEN IT COMES TO AGENTS, BUT YOUR OFFERS AARE PREEETY TASTY PARTNER, WERE INTERESTED IN BOTH OF THEM, THOUGH, NO OFFENSE, BUT YOUR DESIGNS TEND TO BE A BIT WONKY FROM PAST EXPERIENCE. WE HAVE A COUNTER OFFER INSTEAD!

GIVE US TWO OF EACH DESIGN FOR FREE AND WE'd BE WILLING TO HAVE OUR SCIENTIST CHECK IT OVER FOR YA AND GIVE BACK ONE OF THE NEW AND IMPROVED, AND THUS MAKE SURE YOUR BOMBERS DONT BLOW THEMSELVES UP, AND YOUR HACKERS DONT END UP CRASHING THERE OWN SYSTEM. WE GOT SOME REAL GOOD SCINTISTOLIGISTS AROUND SO IF YOURE INTERESTED, WERE OFFERING!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Diplomacy Unit 8654,

Thank you for considering the offer. I can assure you, our designs are an improvement over current standards and are not at risk of unintentionally blowing themselves up or crashing their own systems. Therefore, the counter offer is not necessary and I hope you will take up the initial offer, as per your stated interest. I look forward to any orders you might be willing to make.

Yours sincerely,

[OOC] I’m sorry, but I don’t really get what you are offering. Equipment doesn’t just blow up.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Surveying the Stars
    House Mertens is the foremost trading dynasty in the Imperium. Their freighters haul goods from hundreds of planets and ensure that their coffers are always brimming. But the Mertens are not one to rest on their laurels.

They have decided to fund a new wave of expansion throughout the Imperium even in the midst of the chaos. Their merchant surveyors are on the move throughout the galaxy looking for untapped markets and trading crossroads.

Spoiler: House Voss to House Mertens [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Your Grace,

We have seen your interest in expanding your holdings and have an offer for you. We are willing to fund the construction trade hubs throughout our space in return for your aid in our current war with House Berger.

Sincerely,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss

Spoiler: House Sansone to House Okeke [Enigma 5]
    Show

We have recently advanced our studies of warp gate theory and we wish to offer a collaboration based on your own interest in exploring the limits of the outer dark and new warp gate links.

House Berger
    Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal to House Berger [Enigma: Why Are You Reading This]
    Show
    Waays, we know Many Wayss young duke. Oh Ho you have given us a chuckle young duke. Of course we will seell you the information permanently. We are not Mind RipPers to remove it afterwards after all.

[1 Unit] from Zaqaru Space to Sansone Space for Fifteen Years: [2 Trade]

Spoiler: Earl Zola Jasmina to House Berger [ Enigma 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Duke Berger,

My good neighbor does seem to have benefitted greatly. However my own environs are of a substantially richer nature. I wish to have your word that I will be named countess of the Tharwa system.

Sincerely,
    Earl Zola Jasmina

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Berger [Enigma 4]
    Show
    Dearest Cousin,

Your deal is somewhat lacking in incentive, but given our family history I am willing to agree to it. However in light of your second offer I will accept with two caveats. First that you agree to a treaty of aid in the face of any Collective aggression. And second that House Vastadd retains the right to be transferred the vassalage of the earls or count in the [04, -6] system in returned for no more than the market price cost of the colonies therein.

Sincerely
    Duchess Izabela Vastadd

Spoiler: House Voss to House Berger [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Your Grace Duke Berger,

Now that we spent several years at war perhaps you can see how pursuing this vendetta is a fruitless endeavor for both of us. We wish to once again offer an end to this war and a peace treaty between our houses.

Sincerely,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss

Greenflame
    Spoiler: House Laramy to House Greenflame [Enigma 10]
    Show
    The House Laramy submits an order for [20 units] of Orca bombers for the stated price of [8 Trade]

Spoiler: The House of Steel to House Greenflame [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Your Grace Duke Greenflame,

We at the House of Steel are very interested in both your Hexshot Fighter and Orca bombers. And we are prepared to make a substantial order of both. However our fleet is large and your price is somewhat high. So we ask for a bulk discount of [9 Trade for 15 units of Orcas and 15 units of Hexshots].

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Dear Meta Zaqaru,

My concern is that you have put in no provisions for the tribute due to the Zaqaru, and are thus expecting all the returns in exchange for none of the investment. It would be conducive to further negotiations if you were to outline your expectations in that regard.

Sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

Spoiler: House Voss to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Your Grace Duke Zaqaru,

We request that the Zaqaru Dynasty act as a neutral third party in our efforts to negotiate peace with House Berger.

Sincerely,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss

Spoiler: House Mertens to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Grand Administrator Byleuc,

Your designs have aroused the interest of our ministers and we are interested in making a bulk purchase. In light of that however we propose a bulk discount of [1 Trade] or [4 Trade for 9 Units of Orca Bombers and 5 Units of Hacker Hardware]

Grand Minister,
    Halmond Abelard

Spoiler: House Jinks to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 7]
    Show

We are interested in purchasing [6 Units] of your orca bombers for [2 Trade]

Agent Kole

Spoiler: House Voss to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show

We are interested in purchasing [6 Units] of your orca bombers for [2 Trade]

Sincerely,
    Councillor Vanya Mal

Spoiler: House Vastadd to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 4]
    Show

We are interested in your offer of scout spaceships. However we can't help but notice that your price is higher than the equivalent military designs. We would be willing to purchase [9 Units] if the price was reduced to the same level.

Councillor Jolene Vastadd

Spoiler: House Forsche to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma]
    Show

We are submitting an order for [5 units] of your [Hacking Hardware] in return for [2 Trade].

Administrator Moffet

25. - Top - End - #115

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

enigma 4

The Hidalgo stretched away, iron red sand easily visible from space. 500 kilometers of jagged ridges and crumbling cliffs, and second only to the Tatooine in danger. The start line organized its final racers, and with a gunshot crack the folding start line fell away. Even through the audio compensators the roar of engines pounded deep in the chest, and the close cameras were buried under a fountain of kicked up sand. The drone cameras picked up the slack and there was a clear view of the racers jockeying for position. Pasha Juia let zer vehicle drop back, too light to fight some of the monstrous engines at the fore. The nature of the first ridge funneled the racers tightly together, advantages measured in mere meters, though one of the independant entrants was somehow riding the vertical cliff alongside the ridge. For now, there were no injuries, but the Hidalgo was hungry, and the second ridge’s serrated shadow reached towards the racers like the teeth of an iron beast.

[OOC: If anyone wants to take a crack at the next section of the race feel free, otherwise I'll post up the rest when I get home on monday]

At the Sashaw

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: private meeting with court
    Show
    Farid is nodding before Abolar is even finished speaking.
    “I am glad our views are aligning Duke Zaqaru, and I think your compromise is a wise one, though per our original agreement I will request that we add reparations in the form of [two trade/turn] for twenty years as reparations.”
    Farid pulled out a small tablet, lighting it up with reports from the battles over the last five years, as well as letters from Arda.
    “We gave them a mauling, though Haytham took a sting as well. I think your agents are to be well commended, the disruption they caused was key to our victory. Though if your Admiral wishes to repeat her previous caution I believe it best that we split our forces. Your agents remain our most flexible option, and with their influence withering their fleet we should be safe to divide our forces in two. Haytham should go north since Sasone is likely to have marshaled their forces in defense of their Capitol, Our larger numbers and sturdy shielding will see us through. Meanwhile, the Zaqaru fleets will go south, and secure the new territory.”

NPCs

House Laramy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, we will send the equipment upon delivery of the funds.

House of Steel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed, we will send the equipment upon delivery of the funds.
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-04-19 at 11:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Spoiler: Private Court Leader meeting with House Greenflame
    Show
    Abolar listened closely to Farid as he pulled out the small tablet, after a short smile expressing his gladness of the compromise being acceptable.

Taking the suggestion of splitting the forces, Abolar nods. “Alright, sounds good to me.” His thought is disrupted when there is a short ping, as if gold touches gold. There’s a short expression of annoyment as Abolar pulls out a small device. “Apologies, I said I should not be disturbed.” He nevertheless looks at it, then gives it a short tap. “Though I believe this disruption is justified.” Abolar presents Farid the screen with a message.

House Sansone messaged to House Okeke:

“We have recently advanced our studies of warp gate theory and we wish to offer a collaboration based on your own interest in exploring the limits of the outer dark and new warp gate links.”
    “Seems like they learned from those mines. I’ll be certain to mention the danger they pose to the warp gates in my war declaration. How much of our honour (OOC: Prestige) will we stake on the war? Is it alright if I make a joint declaration of war, where you only need to confirm, or do you wish to make a separate declaration?”

[OOC] Kind of want to give Arcanestomper the chance to react to the war declaration too.

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

Some time has passed since our last contact. In my previous message I offered [3 Trade] if you can help me eliminate the risk in traversing the warp gates and I would like to know how you stand on the offer.

If it is of any help, I can point out the warp gates to your scientists so they can determine if it is doable. To be honest, I would appreciate an assessment on the situation anyway, as the current risk is very much an unknown to my scientists. While this could be researched, I wonder if your scientists could be able to tell more at a glance with their expertise?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

[OOC] Basically I’m asking in the second paragraph: Does your Lore allow you to tell what the current danger is?

Spoiler: House Berger and House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duke Berger, Duchess Brechtje Voss,

House Voss has requested Zaqaru to act as a third party in hopes of establish peace between the noble Houses of Berger and Voss.

It is public knowledge that the last attack from the Berger fleet resulted in a loss on the Berger side, while House Voss has neither been able to launch a counter assault. At this rate, the war would result in more losses.

In the past years, House Voss has offered House Berger to send Anna Voss to their holdings. I believe this offer has not been accepted because of a lack of trust. It is my sincere hope that my presence in this discussion can help build up some measure of trust, so that peace can be re-established between House Berger and House Voss.

From my point of view, I will admit that I have a high interest to see peace be restored, as it pains me to see both of your noble Houses fight with another, while there are other more worthwhile subjects to pursue.

Therefore, I wish to reach out to you, Duke Berger, and ask that you bring to the table any concerns or worries you may have, so that they may be tackled here. I ask that you both, Duke Berger and Duchess Brechtje Voss, to keep the atmosphere polite and decent. This way, the three of us may discuss them here without rancor and offense, in hopes of getting closer to one another and hopefully find a peaceful way out of this conflict.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

NPCs

Show
    Dear Grand Minister Halmond Abelard,

I am pleased that our designed have gotten the interest of your ministers. I have considered your proposal and propose one modification to it. Since you are doing a bulk order and asking a discount, I am willing to grant it to show House Zaqaru is eager to do trade with you, with one caveat. The proposed bulk discount would replace the existing bulk discount, therefore I am willing to make available to you the following offer: [4 Trade for 9 Units of Orca Bombers and 4 Units of Hacker Hardware]. Would this proposal be acceptable to you?

Yours sincerely,
    Show
    Dear Agent Cole,

It is with pleasure I receive your order. Our production lines will begin immediate work as soon as we receive your payment and deliver at the soonest opportunity!

Yours sincerely,
    Show
    Dear Councillor Vanya Mal,

It is with pleasure I receive your order. Our production lines will begin immediate work as soon as we receive first payment and deliver at the soonest opportunity!

Yours sincerely,
    Show
    Dear Councillor Jolene Vastadd,

It is indeed true that our prices for the scout spaceships are higher than the orca bombers. However, for you I am willing to offer a one-time discount. You are purchasing a considerable volume and our territories are within noticeable distance, so it will do Zaqaru well to keep relations good with House Vastadd. It may also aid you in dealing with certain elements in your sector. Therefore, it is with pleasure I receive your order. Our production lines will begin immediate work as soon as we receive your first payment and deliver at the soonest opportunity!

Yours sincerely,
    Show
    Dear Administrator Moffet,

It is with pleasure I receive your order. Our production lines will begin immediate work as soon as we receive your first payment and deliver at the soonest opportunity!

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-04-21 at 02:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

House Ytterbus

Enigma 7
    Spoiler: House Zaqaru
    Show

"We would be interested in purchasing one shipment of your bombers."

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Spoiler: Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show

Dear Duke Zaqaru, our scientists surmise that it would be far easier to stabilize the disrupted portals should we share our knowledge with your own, or fix them ourselves.
    You must understand, however, that in each case I would either be diverting precious resources from our war efforts, or sharing permanent know-how. Would you be willing to share some blueprints instead?

If these terms are unacceptable to you, I'm still willing to help a fellow noble out in his just war, but only as far as this good will is returned. We received reports from our operatives of comms traveling forth between you and the Jinks through our space. While we don't have quite the means to crack either of your codes, I don't need to in order to figure its contents I would think.

OOC: Archive: Warp Gates 1 in exchange for some blueprint of your own would be our preferred solution. Cash is also fine, I believe this is worth a bit more than 3 though. I can also take some of your EOT equipment production instead if you need to the cash this turn elsewhere. Also, not in love with the notion of you selling equipment to people I'm at war with.

Spoiler: House Tehrani
    Show

Honourable Duke,
    we come to you as a kindred spirit I believe. The reprehensible Jinks have forestalled our first attempt at liberating their systems, and we have found little support from the rest of the Empire.
    Would you be willing to engage your proud Fleet in our aid? We can offer the prestige this just Crusade entails, and the chance to expand the influence of the Iron Church in our sector, not to mention the more material gains to be had.

Spoiler: Earls Young and Amets
    Show

Honourable Earls, as always I value your loyalty and opinions highly.
    Would you elaborate a plan of action regarding how many resources are required to best expand your influence in your respective systems?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

The Hildalgo
    Sir Alfred Barlow calmly surveyed both his opponents and the upcoming mountain pass as his heavy duty vehicle smashed through a spike of upthrust basalt. Unlike many of his opponents his vehicle hadn't been built for speed. It was a modified tractor in fact. One of the heavy duty trawlers that the Barlow family used to move their massive algae rigs around.

The thing about a vehicle designed to move a thousand ton payload though. Is that once the payload was removed what was left was a monstrously oversized engine with plenty of power to spare. Modify the power train to take advantage of that and something generally regarded as being the slowest thing around could instead move very quickly indeed.

Plus it had other advantages in a race like this. As shown by the trail of broken ridges and shattered spires Sir Alfred had left behind. Other racers had to watch the terrain and maneuver around the worst parts that would shred their vehicles. Sir Alfred could just power through though. The heavy frame of his tractor crushing any rock formations that dared oppose him.

Merchant Advisory
    It is our duty to warn you that the warp gates into and out of the Gade system have been destabilized due to events of the past years conflict. Our technical division is hard at work realigning the gates, but until such a time as they are finished all traffic through the Gade system is deemed unsafe at the Category 3 Risk Rating.

Gate Transit Authority
    House Sansone

Spoiler: House Okeke to House Sansone [Enigma 4]
    Show
    We are interested, what are suggesting?

Spoiler: House Sansone to House Okeke [Enigma 5]
    Show
    The war in the Gade system has led to some quite peculiar emissions from the warp gates. We are certain that studying them would lead to fascinating new discoveries but lack the necessary scientists to capitalize on the matter. If you were to send a contingent to aid us it would greatly speed the process and ensure a safer proceedings.

Spoiler: House Mertens to House Voss [Enigma 6]
    Show
    We are not typically a mercenary house, but we could not call ourselves merchants if we did not at least check your prices. How much are you offering in return for our aid?

Spoiler: House Mertens to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    That proposal is acceptable to us. We will send the first portion of our payment immediately.

Grand Minister,
    Halmond Abelard

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyra [GM]
    Show
    For the record your archive is worth about 5 market. Also to keep it line with designs and equipment I have decided that it must be permanently traded in order to give another faction its benefits.

Spoiler: House Tehrani to the Duchy of Lyrae [Enigma 6]
    Show

Your Grace,

House Tehrani is hardly a mercenary house to launch a crusade on a whim. We will need an agreement that we can expand our interests in the area, and that the Iron Church will have open access to both any territory we gain and your own duchy.

Duke Omid Tehrani

Spoiler: Earl Young to the Duchy of Lyrae [Enigma 3]
    Show
    I would require [12 Trade] to fully colonize my system.

Spoiler: Earl Amets to the Duchy of Lyrae [Enigma 3]
    Show
    I would require [10 Trade] to fully colonize my system.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Enigma 5

Earl Periklis Treasach
    Spoiler
    Show
    The message returned does not have the soft sweet high courtesan but instead a more stern and aggressive form which appeared a little annoyed from behind the visor. "WE ARE NOT OUTSIDE THE IMPERIUM my good earl. We may not hold an official title but we have been as vital to its longevity as any duke has been. Our people have provided illustrious heirs, husbands and wives. We have even provided concubines and mistresses for the emperors themselves, for all moral fortitudes. We have given as much to the empire as we have taken and the emperor has called on us and we have answered. We have prostrated ourselves to the legacy of the empire and its survival is of paramount importance to us. I just want you to remember that, because our alliance is important to the health of this sector, so we may keep this region of space under a rightful custodian until our beloved emperor is chosen."

She sighs then and provides the first smile of the 3d disk handed off for communications. "Now I want to discuss House of Steel. That massive military presence is a very dangerous one indeed and I want to make sure should they make any moves that all local earls recognize I will stand with them against aggressive expansion. I would appreciate it if we worked together to create a full military alliance against this massive threat. They are a truly unique existence and one we cannot be sure is willing to just bend for the empire... They dare bare the title of house while holding no such title. Truly they are where our collective ire should exist not against the pleasure palaces. Your voice would do much to assuage their fears wouldn't you say?"

House of Steel- 1 court
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stunning High courtesan stands in nothing but the aphrodisiac paints developed by her people to exaggerate and expand the pleasures of touch. She is ravishing to behold and making a point to show off more than usual. "Grand Admiral Shen we ask to send one of our personal diplomats to meet with you personally. It is essential our discussions are not tracked. If you agree to this meeting let us know and we will have a pleasure ship sent into your sector for such an exchange." She provides a drop dead gorgeous smile, "I hope you accept." With that the connection ends.

House Greenflame
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And we always keep our promises my dearest duke. Thank you again for your invitation it made attending the event immensely simpler." The 3D hologram was showing off the high courtesan in a stunning pink and purple number which seemed to cover just enough flesh to make her more erotic to look upon. A large grin played upon her lips as she spoke into the machine.

"Well lets get the obvious out of the way, the democratic collective had very few agents present, a few conversations were overheard by some staff they had in their employ but they were unable to infiltrate any higher and so their infilitration was stymied." She continued on, providing gossip on various points. "Reports came in that our silk touched made quite a splash along with House Vastadd's half sisters. They were absolutely stunning."

She grinned, "of course lets face it your alliance was the talk of the sector my dearest Duke you two now interlinked has fascinated many in your sector I am interested to see how they respond I am also glad I am so far away from the coming violence I sense much of it is on the horizon for your region. Zaqaru used the event to bully the local earls, I was impressed with the subtle jabs, most of them took it but made clear that the war has left them... Neutral in most cases, though you are now part of Zaqaru's inner circle I am sure you are more closely aligned with what he is doing then I and of course his family was the loudest when it came to sharing. If you have a specific source of intel you want I can continue to go through what was spoken about see what my ladies heard."

It looked like she was about to sign off when she recalled. "You offered some military technologies in exchange for some rather fair payments. We would be happy to make the trade off. We will have the credits wired as soon as those blueprints are sent off."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 5- Psychic Daddy