1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

The Exiles' Consortium

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Master Saquar,

We have no qualms with your people studying our trade hub designs, though the secret of trade hub construction is certainly far more valuable than the creation of one such hub. We have heard tales of Greenflame honor. I am curious: what sort of compensation could you grant us that would satisfy that sense of honor? That would make this fair exhange?

-O

Spoiler: Earl Gianluca Tomoko[-02, -06]
    Show
    Greetings Earl Tomoko,

The Exiles' Consortium offers you and your people a place within our generous collective. We offer stability, opportunity, and economic prosperity to our citizens. We welcome all, noble, common, or otherwise. We hope to talk to you further.

-O

Spoiler: House Gilkara PM
    Show
    The out Outsider tilts their head slightly to the left, studying the Gilkaran in silence. And then to the right.

"It is an... interesting proposal, and something along the lines we were already planning. The stars align; they speak of hiring scientists for some venture.
    They would be foolish not to guard them against threats both visible or otherwise..." The Outsider pauses a moment, refocusing the conversation on the heist. "Obviously, the Consortium would contribute our agents' expertise in this endeavor. Agents whom I have no doubt would be able to seize this prize on their own." The Outsider leans in slightly. "What can House Gilkara offer to us for a share of this prize?

Spoiler: Tatarus PM
    Show
    Alberin looks over the schemata, seemingly pleased. He checks some numbers. "Courtesan: would Tatrus be willing to accept one of the Consortium's existing Astral Vessels? There are numerous benefits to this over constructing a brand new vessel:
    -we would be able to make the exchange immediately, instead of waiting decades
    -the ship could be modified to fit... proper Tatarusian aesthetics with relatively little expense
    -our vessels are already focused on Market
    -it would not interfere with Consortium production, allowing us to focus on market expansion, enabling the construction of future Astral Vessels at a much more efficient cost and speed."

He looks at the courtesan, awaiting her response.
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2019-06-21 at 04:53 PM.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy
    Show
    Dear Archduke Alexander Laramy,

Thank you for your stated interest, on behalf of Zaqaru I am happy to fulfill such an order. Zaqaru factories will immediately get to work producing your order as soon the initial upfront payment is received.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy
    Show
    Dear Crown Princess Persephone Laramy,

Zaqaru factories are hard at work to fulfill your order and our shipping agents are in full preparation of delivery. Thank you for your business.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

Thank you for your order. I hereby confirm this fulfills the condition as stated in the Treaty of Gade. Zaqaru factories are hard at work to fulfill your order and will deliver as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show
    Dear Duchess Akachi Okeke,

Thank you for your response and I am in agreement with your assessment. I look forward to our cooperation in the Quest for Zanadu.

Yours sincerely,
    Lady Sun
    Assistant of Grand Diplomat Ninu Zaqaru, Robot Unicorn Princess

3. - Top - End - #213

RogueGuy

House Gilkara
    Thoral System (-2,3)
    Erzak, National Logistics and Reserve Headquarters (NLR)

The bright light from the holowall was dimmed by Glordek's contacts. Most of the information is numbers and coordinates. Starsystem data is shuffled and arranged by the AI into graphs and prewritten request forms. Little of it matches up with the request forms that Glordek continuously received from earls and less matches the forms received from his cousins.

The blinking insert tab draws his attention back to the task at hand. He looks at the new information coming in from ship commanders and sets them out into the format the Universities had sent him. The AI hasn't figured out what to do with the information, but he follows the logs… again.

The break from his original plan is a nuisance, but if it becomes more efficient then it will be worth the long hours. Something clicked. It isn't in the numbers, it's something else. The people. The requests the computer had written for everything around start popping into blank data. Glordek opened another tab. And another tab.

The AI stops filtering other data and focuses on the new operation. The grin hurts his face, and Glordek laughs. A good long, loud, slightly hysterical laugh. Two advisors rush into the room, "Glordek? Sir, are you alright?"

"Yes I am. Yes, I, am."

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: PM
    Show
    Bolkas chuckles, "That's what I get, thinking I'm ahead of somebody else." He looks around the room, "Filo is sending most of our agents (5) to pickup what we can. I guess I'm asking to tag along. We'll assist in what ways we can, asking for 25% of the take. We'll look between prices over the next little while to grab the rest of it. That can all be discussed after we split our spoils. I hope there will be plenty for all. Whataya say?"

Spoiler: House Arnos: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Duke Raudos Arnos,

Be advised. The nation of Filo considers your intent of acquisition of (-4,3) as an act of aggression. We offer you time to withdrawal your declaration.

In highest regards,

Torbin Gilkara"
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-06-21 at 08:51 PM.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

4. - Top - End - #214

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 6

Farid’s contact HUD lit up with a priority message. Mid conversation, he twitched his haptics to have it read out through his earpiece to avoid a faux paux.

Archduke declared war on the Collective uncle, as did the Princess. Collective squared up and counter declared. Goal was to take more systems than the other Laramy. Collective wants the Core Worlds.

Farid played the message once more, trying and failing to maintain his neutral expression. His plans to combat the Collective would have to be largely rewritten now, and while the Laramy Fleet was gargantuan, there were many unknown factors at play. First and foremost any allies the Collective might now call upon. This battle of ideologies was about to grow much more complicated.

Players

House Gilkara PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Farid holds up his hands in concession, “I certainly did not mean to cause offence, my reports are more than five years old already, and I am certain our houses are on near equal footing over all, your factories are more numerous and stronger than mine, and your family larger.”

“As to bending over barrels, it is only sensible for your house to pursue as good a deal as possible, I respect that, but I cannot be over the barrel right now, proverbial or otherwise. I can make the blue prints available to you, and any other military blueprints we produce for the duration of the war, but I must also consider my own fleets to equip. As I said a moment ago, your economy-”

Farid’s easy conversational tone stops suddenly, his face falling, after a second he continues.

“I apologise to interrupt our conversation, a significant development has just occured. The Laramy siblings have declared war on the collective, this changes my original strategy significantly. I was hoping that we might perform a broken wing gambit of sorts, but that is largely null now. I cannot imagine a circumstance where the collective would attack our fleet with the gargantuan fleet about to invade. Instead, if you are still interested, of course, I believe it best to ascertain which angle the Laramys are going for, and see if we cannot cut a deal with whichever is targeting their core territory. While my real goal is to remove their threat to the imperium, I’ll freely admit I was hoping to expand my demanse some, as was Vastadd.”

Farid pinched the bridge of his nose, suddenly tired.

“Or perhaps it might be best to abandon that particular target altogether. I hope you will keep my treasonous little secret but I find my thoughts more and more agreeing with the Emperor that these siblings are unfit for the throne. What plans did you have before I asked of your assistance, mayhap we can still glean some value from this meeting, and I could instead help your house. You have been nothing but kind to me, and I relish the opportunity to speak as equals.”

“Regardless I must consult with my niece briefly to settle our course of action. I will need an hour or two.”

OOC: technically I have a couple conversations following similar lines right now, but with different characters, this last line is purely for continuity, so they aren’t just telepathically linked or some such.

The Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsider,
    Understandable, I suppose I could offer access to some of my own blueprints if that pleases you, though they have all been fairly military focused, a facet I know your Consortium puts comparatively little value in. Would that be of interest to you? I will certainly not be able to spare the budget to study the stations for many years to come, at least not in earnest. With the new wars springing up I think I must focus on economic development, someone has to put the Imperium back together once this is over.

Duke Farid Saquar
    Master of the Grand Marquis

NPCs

House Vastadd PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amari was about respond when she received a priority message of her own. The message, from Dr. Yarro, simply said ‘check your news holo’. Catching her words, she furrowed her brow.
    “Pardon me lady Izabella, I’ve just had a message on our emergency line to check the news, there must have been a development…”

She flicked her wrist holo into life, bringing up the cascade of war declarations. She spent a moment in stunned silence, but recovered swiftly.

“Well I am sure this changes Farid’s plan significantly, Arda’s is out the window, obviously. Our goal of containing the threat of the Collective is… solved? That leaves a foul taste in my mouth, I think their threat is hardly ended. I’ll have to pause our conversation for a moment and consult with my uncle, but a thought springs to mind, if the Collective fleet is going to be fighting the Laramy fleets… your house knows of a hidden gate network correct? Perhaps there might be a manner in which we could sneak a small force past the fighting and secure a few key systems? The damage of losing even just one or two systems could weaken the collective considerably, and boost our own nations. Though I am altogether unfamiliar with how the hidden gates work, we certainly have the punching power to hold a system against the collective.”

5. - Top - End - #215

The Exiles' Consortium

Enigma 5
    Show
    Master Saquar,

While the famed technology of House Greenflame is certainly enticing, I believe that Trade or Prestige would be more favorable options for my people. Still, as you say, it will be quite some time from now, and so I would would be happy to go into the specifics of that when the time comes. With the recent developments inside the Imperium, it is certainly understandable that resources would, and certainly should, be dedicated to other pursuits.

-O

Show
    The Outsider is still and quiet in their consideration for a short while.
    "These terms are agreeable. If their catalogs are any indication, there should be more than plenty for both parties."

A hand is offered for shaking.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Quest for Zanadu

Grand Diplomat Ninu Zaqaru, Robot Unicorn Princess, Earl of Mithurtu, Winner of the Tattooine Run, leads the Quest for Zanadu. In her spaceship, bejeweled with all the colours of the rainbow in a stylish fashion, she will take point in the journey to the Sarahu Nebula to find the lost Fortress Palace of Zanadu. There is no telling what they might fight in that nebulous nebula, filled with mystery. Who knows what dangers may lurk there, what peril may lie in wait in those star filled mists? What will they find after years of travel? It is on many minds, as the venture has gained widespread media attention, at least in Zaqaru. The expedition force is said to be the biggest exploration mission of our time.

In the media campaign, joining Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu Zaqaru are the Legendary Explorer Duke Benjamin Stone and Bravest Explorer Duchess Akachi Okeke. These three nobles form the face of the Quest for Zanadu and their names and image will go down in history with the Quest for Zanadu, no matter the outcome. Yet it is not just House Lonestar and House Okeke that Zaqaru managed to join on their journey. Others are strengthening the expedition, though in smaller number.

As the expedition forces gather and the departure date grows ever closer, the announcement goes out that Zaqaru no longer offers [3 Trade] or [7 Equipment] for [2 Scientists]. The replacement offer is [10 Equipment] in exchange for [2 Trade and 1 Scientist].

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show
    “You have the guarantee of Zaqaru the deal will be upheld.”

(OOC: Matching your 5 Prestige.)

Show
    Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

While I have not received word from you whether my intelligence offer is of interest to you, I do wish to note that I may be able to make a special offer available to you. One where a limited amount of market equipment is offered in exchange for scientific assistance on the Quest for Zanadu on more favourable grounds than the publicly available offer. Please let me know if this is of interest to you.

Your sincerely,

Image: https://baublesaurus.com/collections...ard-enamel-pin
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-24 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Other image host.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Alexander Laramy enigma 6
    Show
    The hologram showed off all the stunning beauty of the high courtesan. She was especially decadent for the foul high prince as she knew his desire for debauchery and his failure as a ruler. She did bow her head to the crown prince and greeted him as appropriate before continuing on. "Its so good to see you are safe despite the horrific civil war that is warping the state of our beloved empire. I know you need aid so I wanted you to know that an unexpected gift comes your way. <1 permenant military> is up for grabs from my humble part of the empire. My soon to be husband Admiral Mallach and I seek to finally be given the respect we deserve should royal titles befitting us arrive as wedding presents those soldiers and ships will arrive in your care... If not well how is my dear friend Persephone?"

Spoiler: Crown Priness Persephone Laramy 1 court/PM
    Show
    The hologram showed off a woman in a stunning gown there was far less sexual appeal then usual and more of an elegance. "Crown princess it is good to see you are safe." She bows. "I am sorry about your civil war, it must be difficult trying to thwart a sibling I can't imagine the strain. I know things feel overwhelming so I wanted you to know I was making an offering to you and your sibling... I tell you this honestly because we're old friends but things are hard everywhere and I must do what is best for my people despite my love for you. Now I am making him bid like a dog but for you. Well I will just make an offer (2 temp mil and 3 temp agency and 1 temp court this turn) to declare my soon to be husband the admiral of the house of steel and I Dukes. Now I know its a lot to ask for but think about this it would forge an alliance and my husband once he has dealt with his enemies may very well send even more soldiers in the future for your kindness. This would not just be resources but an alliance with one of the strongest military forces in the galaxy, and of course my humble abilities as well."

Spoiler: The Exiles' Consortium 1 court/PM
    Show
    "If it meets our needs as you promise than we will have an accord. Make sure you your current ship is capable of meeting requirements and the trade is something that boosts us both and I will deliver on my promises. I look forward to a lucrative alliance. Once I confirm its possible (OOC: confirmed possible by our DM) "If you need anything else please dont hesitate to ask."

A look of realization takes her lips and she focuses back on the leader of the Exiles Consortium. "As a new force I imagine you will want to expand. I don't want you getting wrapped up in any of our violence so be careful making deals with Byvale earls they will be subjugated shortly under new administration and I dont want the new admiral of the fleet of Steel to mistake you for aiding traitors to the empires peace. I want our relationship long and lucrative."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

News reached me the main representative of Tatarus contacted you with a brazen request. It is my hope you can alleviate the concern of myself and my peers with regards to the outrageous appeal to grant a noble title to the mere peasants Miras and Mallach. Surely one as noble as yourself will not affiliate yourself with a marriage between those of such low rank. Especially considering the current aggressive and respectless actions the House of Steel is taking against proper nobles.

Yours sincerely,
    Diplomat Earl Namzara Zaqaru

Show

No doubt you are aware of the message Tatarus sent to your brother with the outrageous request. It is my hope I can trust that should you find yourself meeting this same request, you will not fulfill the desire of the Byvale peasantry to gain noble titles as the House of Steel shows disrespect to the nobility by their wars. Will you alleviate the concerns of myself and my peers in this regard?

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-22 at 10:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Earl Tomoko to the Exiles' Consortium [Enigma 3
    Show
    ]I will agree to swear fealty if you are willing to protect my system from the House of Steel.

Spoiler: House Arnos to House Gilkara [Enigma 5
    Show
    ]Duke Gilkara,

House Gilkara has laid no claim to the system or offered the residents protection. The only warp gates there lead to House Arnos and House Gilkara. So our claiming of the system does not block you from any access. As such we see no reason to withdraw our claim.

However we are not unreasonable. If House Gilkara can offer us something of value to offset refocusing our expansion elsewhere we would consider it.

Regards,
    Duke Raudos Arnos

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [Enigma 4
    Show
    ]Duchess Izabella frowns, "If you had asked us a few years ago we would be able to help you there, but the warp gates in uncharted space are fickle things. The routes we once knew have shifted. We would need rechart the paths to allow our ships free access to collective space."

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy to Tatarus [Enigma 10
    Show
    ]"I would welcome your forces into my navy, but alas such a ducal title is not a mere name. The ranks of fealty are the ties that bind liege to vassal and in turn the entire Imperium. Both your Tatarus and the House of Steel have long been worthy of the ranks you seek, but to name you such I would require that you submit your binding oaths of fealty to me and my cause."

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to Tatarus [Enigma 10
    Show
    ]"Old friend no doubt my brother is also telling you the same thing, but the titles of the Imperium require more than a trade of favors. I would be willing to name you Duke and Duchess of Byvale, but in return you would need to swear fealty to me and help me claim the Titanium Throne."

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy to Tatarus [Enigma 10
    Show
    ]Dear Earl Namzara Zaqaru,

Do not let your noble birth blind you to the achievements of others. We are all nobility because our ancestors proved themselves. And those of spirit and valor can yet do the same. More importantly if you don't want me to gain the fealty of the largest cohesive fleet in the entire Imperium perhaps you should consider offering me the services of your own house.

Regards,
    Archduke Alexander Laramy

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to Tatarus [Enigma 10
    Show
    ]Dear Earl Namzara Zaqaru,

Was not Empress Hallow herself a mere common soldier before she lead her warband to glory. The House of Steel and the Tatarus control vast resources and billions of citizens. If anything they should have long been elevated to rank, but they refused to submit. Now that they are willing why should I not bind them in ties of fealty as the rest of the Imperium.

Sincerely,
    Crown Princess Persephone Laramy

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

As you ask me to not be blinded by noble birth, I could very well ask you to not be blinded by the prospect of binding such a large fleet in fealty. I know how those brave enough may be granted the honour of a noble title, uplifting their family to a higher station. Yet these are also people who made achievements for just causes and are deemed worthy and loyal. The House of Steel are mercenaries, Tatarus but courtesans, selling their loyalty to the highest bidder, owing fealty to money. I see little reason why they, or anyone of their culture they will appoint, will be a loyal subject.

Considering the services of Zaqaru, we've been selling armaments to you for years.

Should you seek the might of the House of Steel's fleet, I would have rather suggested hiring them. That would have been an agreement where both sides know what to expect. However, considering they switched their stance to aggressive expansion, I doubt they are content to remain mercenaries, as the recent request confirms. I do not see it as a sign they wish to become loyal vassals, however.

Yours sincerely,

Show

Empress Hallow was never a mere common soldier. She was a military and diplomatic genius.

Looking at the resources at the behest of the House of Steel and Tatarus I too would expect a noble to be in charge. Yet I do not see that as enough reason to grant them a title. Their actions should be an indication and considering they are mercenaries and concubines, with the mercenaries waging war against nobility, I fail to see why they should be permitted to be granted the distinguished honour of holding a title.

Please ask yourself the following. They may be willing to swear fealty, but why now and not before? I believe their motivation and resulting loyalty are strong reasons for concern.

Yours sincerely,

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

House of Steel PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My beloved both are more then willing to let us become dukes, we now get to shop and decide whose ring we temporarily kiss in exchange for our payment. I do not intend to deliver more then my initial promises but we must show the good grace of fealty upon the purchase of our titles. From there we can do as we had planned and conquer this entire region of space and then name you king of Byvale. Independent of the shattered emperors present. If you dont have a preference I would prefer to support Persephone as she is an old friend but of course in the end we must make our own way in the empire... After all it might be necessary to have new blood sit on the throne, someone not of noble birth like you be emperor some day... Clearly the emperor did not have faith in the old guard, but he never leveled insult at our hard work."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

12. - Top - End - #222

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Earl Domingo (-4,3): Enigma 5
    Show
    "Earl Duri Domingo,

I am troubled to hear of the Arnos expansion further into the Hallow system. We hope to keep your system neutral and a beneficial trading partner. We will offer you either our backing and make you a vassal to the Gilkara family under the title Count Duri Domingo, or provide our might to keep Arnos from encroaching onto you colonies.

Torbin Gilkara."
    [Ooc] Offering ten prestige to become Count[Ooc]

Spoiler: Greenflame: PM
    Show
    The advisor's words are soft and fast like a tiny army suddenly turning in their march towards oblivion. She maintains eye contact and nods at Farid as he explains his situation.

The holotable lights up when the other advisor activates the incoming reports.

Both Laramy siblings declare war on DCotP. Lyrae and Jinks back separate siblings. Berger moves to claim Laramy territory. Barlow and Ytterbus expand. Arnos declares intent for Earl Domingo's colonies.

Message from Glordek Gilkara: "Arnos declares intent for Earl Domingo's colonies. This is your duty to stop. I am not pleased"

The advisor turns the message streams off. Anoa growls. "I understand your need to discuss with your council. I will discuss with my advisors and when you return, I will take my place over the barrel." She winks at Farid and turns sharply to leave the room.

After a few hours of flying her fighter, Anoa is back in the control room. "Send word to Farid that we are ready to open discussions for the reverse of his proposal. We want the backing of his fleet in case Arnos is unreasonable. We are prepared to offer a trade per fleet, hoping for ten. We will cover damages as well, which should be less for his ships than ours."
    Bastilonis

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

On behalf of Zaqaru I previously made several equipment offers available to you. As I have received no interest in the current offering, I would like to inquire what might be improved. What can Zaqaru change or add as service in the coming years to catch your interest for future business? Your feedback is highly appreciated and I will look into what is possible to meet demand and enhance trade relations between us.

Your sincerely,

Spoiler: House Forsche
    Show
    Dear Administrator Moffet,

On behalf of Zaqaru I previously made several equipment offers available to you. As I have received no interest in the current offering, I would like to inquire what might be improved. What can Zaqaru change or add as service in the coming years to catch your interest for future business? Your feedback is highly appreciated and I will look into what is possible to meet demand and enhance trade relations between us.

Your sincerely,

Spoiler: House Mertens
    Show
    Dear Grand Minister Halmond Abelard,

Your sincerely,

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show
    Dear Duchess Izabela Vastadd,

Your sincerely,

Spoiler: House Lacross
    Show
    Dear Duke Menard Lacross,

Your sincerely,

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Councillor Vanya Mal,

Your sincerely,
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-06-23 at 02:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 10]
    Show

I find it amusing that you disdain the House of Steel for their expansionist nature when your own dynasty was among the first to wage a war of conquest.

Nevertheless loyalty is something to be considered. Therefore I call on your own loyalty. The Zaqaru owe fealty to House Laramy as your rightful liege. Will you answer my call to war in this succession crisis?

Sincerely,

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 10]
    Show
    Diplomat Earl Namzara Zaqaru,

Because the high courtesan is far more ambitious than her predeccessors of course. Tatarus has always been content to be the power behind the throne until now, but apparently their pride has exceeded their subtly. No matter everyone knew they had the power over the territories in truth.

And if they fail to live up to their obligations as vassal then I will crush them for it. Then they will serve as a valuable moral lesson to future generations who think to take up positions they are not capable of.

Sincerely,

Spoiler: House of Steel to Tatarus [PM]
    Show
    "I ask you to reconsider your thoughts. The House of Steel will not go back on any pledges we make. To you or any liege lord we swear fealty to. We are willing to swear fealty to one of the Laramy siblings, and we are even willing to declare independence at some point in the future. Such is the way of nobility in the Imperium. But even as mercenaries we honored our contracts. We will do no less if we become entitled."

"Given historical treaties of this nature we expect that our theoretical liege lord will ask for no less than 25 years of guaranteed loyalty and one third of our forces in levy. Likely they will start with much more pressing terms, but the Laramy siblings can't afford to bargain too hard lest we join the other. So attempt to get the best oath of fealty you can from them. But don't do so with the intent to renege on your oaths."

"The Great Houses would not stand for such a thing as it would put their own positions in jeopardy."

Spoiler: Earl Domingo to House Gilkara [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Your Grace,

I would of course be honored to be granted the title of count, but I am afraid that I do not have enough of this system colonized for the title to be valid. I would of course be willing to pledge fealty anyway if you protect me from House Arnos.

Earl Duri Domingo
    (OOC: It actually costs 20 prestige to make a Count title and you need to control half of the system in question.)

Spoiler: The Zaqaru Dynasty Trade Deals [Enigma 5]
    Show
    The houses send back various responses which the grand administrator sifts through. He concludes that the other Houses have refused because for one reason or another they feel they can get a better return on their investment elsewhere. Whether that means colonizing new systems or producing their own equipment varies between the houses.

15. - Top - End - #225

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 6

Players

House Gilkara PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having talked with another Saquar halfway across the Imperium Farid looks more confident now, though his frown has hardly faded. He nods along to Anoa’s words, already partially in agreement.
    “My fleet is significantly better equipped than what might be available on the market, but I think we can leave our proverbial barrel at home this day, the imperium is unstable enough without our robbing each other blind. I hope that you would consider aiding my house in future should the Collective continue to be a problem. I can agree to your terms, [10 trade] for the Haytham, a fleet of [12 navy], equipped with our designs. I will see about wrangling my cousin Arda into this as well. Perhaps more than you originally asked, but I prefer to keep risks as low as possible. Why use force when overwhelming force is available. At least with regards to the navy.”

“Does it look like they will be unreasonable? And do you know what forces they might bring to bear? As I have said before raw navy strength means comparatively little in modern naval combat, agents are to cunning, and can change the field on a whim.”

The Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsider,
    Understandable, please feel free to make the trade hub when you are ready, we will work out the trade at a later date.

Farid Saquar

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Administrator Yaadus,
    Tragically our scientists are quite busy for the foreseeable future, but thank you for extending your considerations. With regards to the offered intelligence, do you truly think their communications worth our attention? I believe we can already make a fair guess at what they might be saying, but given the tangle of war at the moment I think it might be rather moot now.

Farid Saquar

NPCs

House Vastadd PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Understandable, lady Izabella, in that case I think we should rule out any kind of frontal assault and perhaps even rule out a war entirely right now. Are there any other projects we might assist you with in the interim? If there will be no fighting then we will focus on building up our economy and fleet equipment. But at the very least I’m sure my uncle would wish to support any projects you might be pursuing for the next few years.”

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

It is unfortunate your scientists are otherwise preoccupied. As for the intelligence, yes, I am informed there is a subject worth your attention. Especially considering you guess their communication to be of questionable importance.

However, I cannot deny the possibility that what the Grand Agent considers to be worthy your attention may not match what you consider worth your attention. If you will, you may send your fair guess and I can tell you whether we have news or not. You may choose not to and ignore this offer, with the associated risk. Otherwise, I look forward to any offer you are willing to make for the relevant piece of information.

Your sincerely,

Show

I fail to see amusement in the drawn comparison between the war Zaqaru waged and the war the House of Steel is waging, for it lacks the nuance of many details. The Zaqaru war was one between nobles with a just casus belli culminating in the conquest of a single system. The House of Steel has been advertising themselves as mercenaries, but one must trust mercenaries not go against their employer. As they have now declared a war to usurp many systems from multiple nobles, I would not place such trust in them. Meanwhile the fiancée requests a noble title for the House of Steel, while the titleless House of Steel wages war on nobles. I do hope you now see why I would advise not to reward this behaviour.

As for the consideration of loyalty, Zaqaru owes fealty as vassals to the rightful Emperor. Once the Titanium Throne recognises you, Archduke Alexander Laramy, as the Emperor to rule the Imperium, Zaqaru will answer the call for war.

Yours sincerely,

Show

I am pleased to hear you will crush them if they fail to live up their obligations. Still, I would caution to deal with either Tatarus or the House of Steel, as the House of Steel already displays aggression, which may not be bound by the ties of fealty. Considering those at the top are to be married, the question remains whether at such a time Tatarus considers the tie of marriage to be stronger or weaker than fealty.

Should they need to be a taught a lesson, that may only serve to distract you from your other ambitions, giving an advantage to a sibling with the same ambitions.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Trade Deals
    Show
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit thanks the different parties for their response and will look into the details for future business.

17. - Top - End - #227

Show
    "Honorable consort, from what you describe, I believe you are looking to develop something much larger than what a humble astral vessel can normally provide, although I am still willing to grant Tatarus one as a sign of our friendship. In fact, we could use it as a kind of offsite living facility for the staff of the casino. With the development of The Stardust in mind, the numbers show that if both of our factions invest into developing blueprints, we can make a substantial profit in the long term, even if we are splitting the returns. For the immediate future, the Consortium can convert our largest astral factory to accommodate the beginnings of our grand casino."
    Alberin clears his throat. "As for politics in the Byvale, we've only agreed to a non-aggression pact with the Triune. We have no interest in waging open warfare, even if it is with a few allied earls. Still, we are in talks with Earl Tomoko about incorporating her system into the Consortium. I've heard their terms are simple: as long as the House of Steel does not attack them, we will have their fealty. At the present, we are only interested in incorporating one more system into the Consortium, and having that system in the Byvale is important to the Consortium; it woild be a sign of our close bond. Further, expanding anywhere else would mean a separation from the rest of our systems, and as you well know, the rest of the Imperium does not look kindly upon the titleless, especially if they're expanding near them."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [PM]
    Show
    "We are planning to modernize our forces at this time. We would welcome any assistance you could provide of course."

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 10]
    Show

I had a feeling you would say that. As it happens there being no other monarchs in the Imperium every duke owed fealty to my father through his title as King of Hallow, and then he owed fealty to himself as Emperor. The fact that duchies such as your own have taken this lack of de jure title to mean they can declare their own indepence is understandable, but not a measure of great loyalty.

If you change your mind I will be happy to accept the oath of House Zaqaru. In the meantime however I am more concerned with those who are willing to pledge themselves to my cause than those who aren't.

Regards,

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 10]
    Show

You aren't seeing the full picture Namzara. There will be no distraction from our siblings ambition, because whichever of us wins the loyalty of the House of Steel wins the throne. The loyalty of Tatarus in addition will merely seal the deal.

We are so evenly matched that even the addition of a small force would unbalance our struggle. And the House of Steel is no small force.

Regards,

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

I can assure you that historic record shows Zaqaru owing fealty to the Emperor as King. When Zaqaru’s title became that of a Duke, fealty remained tied to the Emperor. House Voss and House Sansone, vassals of Zaqaru at the time, thus became vassals of the Emperor through their former bonds of vassalage and are in a similar position.

Even when looking at the title of King, both you and your sister contest the title. To whom would any of the dukes in Hallow rightfully pledge allegiance to when both of you claim it, but the Imperial High Court has not legitimized either of your claims? To pledge allegiance to one, but not the other, would indicate a lack of loyalty to at least one of you.

Zaqaru declaring independence is not just understandable, it is only justifiable cause of action. Therefore, Zaqaru cannot swear an oath of fealty to either of you at this time.

Yours sincerely,

Show

So to see if I understand you correctly. By gaining the aid of the House of Steel, you intend to secure victory over your sibling, allowing you to gain full control over all of House Laramy’s forces. With him out of the picture, if House of Steel defies further orders, they may be crushed with the full might of House Laramy.

If that sums it up correctly, I can see where you are coming from. I still worry that the indeed, no small force of House of Steel, along with Tatarus, will not be loyal vassals and when they defy the bonds of fealty, it might set a precedent. Considering other regretfully large peasant factions within the Empire in the form of the Democratic Collective of the People and the Exiles’ Consortium, I and my peers have concerns. I felt obligated to try and alleviate them, hence the reason for contacting you.

Yours sincerely,

20. - Top - End - #230

RogueGuy

Show
    Anoa raises her eyebrows. She turns to her advisor, "Play the message Torbin sent. I think Farid would appreciate the soul warden's position on House Greenflame's Duke."

The advisors quietly and quickly whisper to each other in hushed, harsh tones. Fingers point and looks are shot at both Anoa, who smiles and nods at Farid, and Farid. "Echo Papa." One advisor says out loud.

The other shakes his head and repeats, "Echo Papa." He turns and leaves.

Anoa smiles, "Your venture into the TRAM greatly pleased my cousin, many of them actually. He is also pleased that you took opposition to the DCOTP. They are more than just an unstable threat to the Empire, but a slap to the face to Filo's decision to reinstate our house. If the rabid chaos of Democracy proves successful, so would have been the Noocracy."

The advisor returns. He silently inserts a device into the holotable and leaves with the other advisor. Anoa and Farid are out of their view since the first time they entered the room. Anoa presses the controls.

"Protector from Enemies, you will soon be meeting with Farid Greenflame. He is an honorable leader. So I warn you, leave your aggressive tendencies off the table. Farid has moved to protect systems against the DCOTP. Every message that we were able to intercept show that the earls much prefer his house over the collective. He views himself as a Protector of the Empire. His fleets have fought the Infinite Republic. We would be hard pressed to find another house that acts selflessly in measures that might not affect themselves.

I am certain Glordek will push you to make as much gain as possible in this venture against DCOTP. I would appreciate room for later negotiations. If the joint venture is successful, then we may have a King Greenflame to work with. He is a man that will remember our aide. If it will ever be possible to remove the threat that the Laramy brats bring to the Empire, Greenflame will be an integral part of a coordinated effort.

Not only do I respect Farid, but other Dukes respect him as well. It may be the most important part of your work to show him that Filo and House Gilkara respect those who have a code, and show even more respect to those who can uphold it. If you are so inclined, you may even find him a suitable…" Anoa cuts off the message.

"As you can see Duke Farid, Torbin thinks highly of you. If you call on Filo in the future, he will be heavily biased to help you. For the battle, they may be able to stalemate every move that we make alone, we can predict winning with your forces to back us up. However, if they are to purchase more from Mertens or the Exiles, we may find ourselves again evenly matched. I believe that with your Agents backing as well, we would insure a victory."

Anoa gets up and opens the door to allow the advisors back into the room. "Our markets will take ten years minimum to pay for your fleet, we would prefer more time than that if possible." She turns to the advisors, "Any word on negotiations with Arnos?"

The female advisor nods, "They claim to see no threat in their move and reverted to extortion. We understand that if we were to help Earl Domingo after the extortion then we would be considered underhanded. If we don't they will use whatever we give them and come back stronger. I'm afraid that they have set their eyes on the prize."

Show
    "Duke Raudos Arnos,

We offered Earl Duri Domingo protection as soon as the Laramy civil broke out. We will not be extorted. If you formally withdraw your intent, we will happily offer other avenues of interaction.

In highest regards,

Torbin Gilkara"

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: PM
    Show
    Bolkas let's out a whoop as he shakes the Outsider's hand. "This will be a pleasurable arrangement! I still can't believe I thought I thought of this first." Bolkas gives a devilish grin.

He walks around the room. "Mind if I hang around a bit? I bet you're busy, but if you have some time for cards, i'm not due back on my ship for a day or so. As soon as we fill up with more of those stupid little unicorns." Bolkas shakes his head and laughs.
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-06-24 at 05:36 PM.
    Bastilonis

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Arnos to House Gilkara [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Duke Torbin Gilkara,

Our records show that Earl Domingo declined your assistance, and no further contact was made. That does not seem to be sufficient basis for a formal claim to the system on your part.

Duke Raudos Arnos

22. - Top - End - #232

RogueGuy

Show
    "Duke Raudos Arnos,

We would very much like to avoid a war between our houses. Perhaps we can convince you to withdrawal your intentions towards Earl Domingo for the backing of helping you find a count in another suitable location.

In highest regards,

Torbin Gilkara"
    [Ooc]Offering 25 prestige[ooc]
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-06-24 at 06:05 PM.
    Bastilonis

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: House of Steel PM
    Show

"My love I would never betray an oath... Simply ensure the cost of our oath is minimized and that we are not forced to surrender more than we can afford and still keep our vows. We deserve this realm of space our families have fought hard in their own ways for it for generations. Now the chaos of this realm proves what has long been said. It is time we see Fresh blood sits on the throne. The Laramys sadly are not worthy, their own father said as much so now we must prove loyal and still acknowledge their inevitable fate. They will not hold the empire." She offers a dazzling smile. "I will work on formenting your wedding present while you do the same for me I promise to deliver something dazzling."

Before she ends her broadcast to her husband she adds one last thing. "The Consortium is making many sacrifices for me husband and has requested a single system be safe so that they can take it over. Earl Tomoko is bending the knee to one without title and the idea amuses me so much I can't see you destroy his navys on the battlefield. I ask you with my whole heart you do not punish the Consortium for this little move of expansion. I do not need that particular jewel as part of my wedding present."

Spoiler: Consortium PM
    Show

The talk of the casino lights up the High Courtesan and she nods her head delighted. "I knew you would see my vision. We will work hard on this together and I will make sure much of my resources are poured into this cause so our beautiful Stardust becomes a crown jewel of the empire!"
    When she mentions the war a small sigh leaves her lips but she speaks up and offers a smile. "We have no interest in making war with you beloved, you have nothing to fear. The house of Steel will not invade you I will make sure my new husband behaves himself."

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy PM
    Show

"Well of course we would swear loyalty my Royal Highness. I know some believe us barbarians but the will and the way of the courts is no stranger to me. I just wanted you to know which resources could be advocated to your war immediately. I am happy to discuss terms of the house of steel and Tatarus formally swearing their loyalty to you your highness. I just ask you to recognize the value of such a pledge and still keep the struggles of Byvale in mind when you do so. We must honor all oaths after all."

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy to Tatarus engima 6
    Show
    "We more then understand the ancient rites of a vassal and their liege lord but this is a time of chaos and uncertainty. We without title live in a very precarious world your grace. So we must know what you would demand of us if we bent the knee. We also need you to understand such a sacrifice would while earth shattering and may change the course of everything does not arrive even in the hands of great men such as you for free."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Arnos to House Gilkara [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Duke Torbin Gilkara,

That is a worthy offer. We will withdraw our claim on the system.

Sincerely,
    Duke Raunos Arnos

Spoiler: The House of Steel to Tatarus [PM]
    Show
    Admiral Mallach nods, "Certainly we can leave that earldom for the consortium."

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persphone Laramy to Tatarus [PM]
    Show
    Terms of Fealty
    1. Tatarus recognizes House Laramy as their liege and agrees to answer their summons in exchange for protection from hostile forces.
    2. Tatarus agrees to provide House Laramy tribute of half of its assets every year in perpetuity.
    2a. House Laramy may specify which assets are provided up to half of the total tribute.
    3. In times of war Tatarus agrees to provide House Laramy a levy of its Naval forces for ten years. 3a. In the event of a war continuing for more than ten years the naval forces of Tatarus may stand down for five years before being recalled to battle.
    4. Tatarus agrees to make no war without the permission of House Laramy.
    5. Under the terms of this treaty the House Laramy will award Tatarus with a new noble title and the Duchy of Rosemerrow.
    5a. If this treaty is broken then the title of the Duchy of Rosemerrow will revert to House Laramy.

Spoiler: "Archduke Alexander Laramy to Tatarus [Enigma 10
    Show
    ]Terms of Fealty
    1. Tatarus recognizes House Laramy as their liege and agrees to answer their summons in exchange for protection from hostile forces.
    2. Tatarus agrees to provide House Laramy tribute of half of its assets every year in perpetuity.
    2a. House Laramy may specify which assets are provided up to half of the total tribute.
    3. In times of war Tatarus agrees to provide House Laramy a levy of its Naval forces for ten years. 3a. In the event of a war continuing for more than ten years the naval forces of Tatarus may stand down for five years before being recalled to battle.
    4. Tatarus agrees to make no war without the permission of House Laramy.
    5. Under the terms of this treaty the House Laramy will award Tatarus with a new noble title and the Duchy of Rosemerrow.
    5a. If this treaty is broken then the title of the Duchy of Rosemerrow will revert to House Laramy.

25. - Top - End - #235

Exiles' Consortium

Show
    "Truly, a worthy investment."

Alberin's eyebrow briefly raises in curiosity at the mention of a husband.

"Ah, I offer my sincerest and most heartfelt congratulations." He says, jubilantly. "It is always nice to see neighbors get along so well, and that even in these times of strife and war, that love prevails as a force amongst the Imperium!"

Alberin pauses, the romantic having lost himself briefly.

*ahem*

"Indeed, I wish the two of you the best of luck. I shall be sure to inform my colleagues of the great news."

Well, both of the wedding and the diplomatic green light. I can't even begin to calculate the financial, diplomatic, and militaristic implications of having to settle outside the Byvale.

Show
    "Indeed, I anticipate excellent results from this arrangement. But yes, as you say, I am exceedingly busy, and I often have little time to spare for recreation. Feel free to enjoy whatever spoils the Exiles have to offer." The Outsider slides a small holographic emblem across the table as they stand up. "This was an amicable arrangement. If the operation proves lucrative, I may have another such opportunity available in the future. But until then," giving a slight bow, "I wish you the best of fortune."

((Bolkas is free to enjoy whatever illegal stuff he wants! Huzzah!))

Enigma 5
    Spoiler: Earl Tomoko
    Show
    Earl Tomoko,

I can promise you that the House of Steel will not disturb you or your people once you join the Consortium.

-O

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Berger and House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger and Duchess Brechtje Voss,

To celebrate the current peace between House Berger and House Voss, I wish to extend a special offer to you both, in hopes of contributing to improved relations.

To connect both of your Houses, I offer to each of you shipments of Hyperlanes at a reduced price of 3 shipments for [1 Trade] or 7 shipments for [2 Trade]. In addition, any order of shipments from the Zaqaru selection made by both of you, I will offer at the same reduced price.

For example, if both of you place an identical of [2 Trade] for Zaqaru Jewelry, you will receive 7 shipments instead of the usual 5. Should the identical order involve Hyperlanes, I will further reduce the price of the Hyperlanes to 4 shipments for [1 Trade].

Your sincerely,

Spoiler: House Arnos, House Berger, House Domingo, House Gilkara, House Mertens, House Starosta, House Vastadd, House Voss
    Show
    Dear Nobility with territory in the Hallow Sector,

Please be informed that the main representatives of Tatarus and the House of Steel intend to marry and have asked both Archduke Alexander Laramy and Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to grant them titles in exchange for fealty.

Hereby I wish to make you aware of this fact, as you possess territory in the Hallow Sector, of which both Laramy siblings claim to hold the title of King. Each seek the power of the House of Steel fleet to gain superiority in their conflict. However, given the recent aggressiveness of the House of Steel against nobility while they, as well as Tatarus, hold no title, I fear whoever strikes an accord with them will be dealing with untrustworthy peasants undeserving of such a title.

While I have informed both parties of my concerns, I cannot say my concerns are alleviated. As such, I feel it my moral duty as diplomat and earl to warn you of the plans of Tatarus and House of Steel.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Starosta
    Show
    Dear Duke Starosta,

Please be informed that the main representatives of Tatarus and the House of Steel intend to marry and have asked both Archduke Alexander Laramy and Crown Princess Persephone Laramy to grant them titles in exchange for fealty.

Hereby I wish to make you aware of this fact, given your proximity to the systems connecting the Hallow Sector, in which House Laramy located, with the Byvale Sector, in which Tatarus and the House of Steel are located.

Both Laramy siblings seek the power of the House of Steel fleet to gain superiority in their conflict. However, given the recent aggressiveness of the House of Steel against nobility while they, as well as Tatarus, hold no title, I fear whoever strikes an accord with them will be dealing with untrustworthy peasants undeserving of such a title.

While I have informed both parties of my concerns, I cannot say my concerns are alleviated. As such, I feel it my moral duty as diplomat and earl to warn you of the plans of Tatarus and House of Steel.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Excagon Family
    Show
    Dear Duchess Lehel,

Hereby I wish to make you aware of this fact, given your prestigious reputation and proximity to the Hallow Sector. Both Laramy siblings seek the power of the House of Steel fleet to gain superiority in their conflict. However, given the recent aggressiveness of the House of Steel against nobility while they, as well as Tatarus, hold no title, I fear whoever strikes an accord with them will be dealing with untrustworthy peasants undeserving of such a title.

Yours sincerely,

27. - Top - End - #237

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    Earl Namzara Zaqaru,

We thank you for your information. Though we are at a loss as to what we can do with it. Even in their distracted state, House Laramy can hardly be stopped granting such a title. As for House Steel, they maintain a significant fleet and alone we would be hard pressed to stop them from taking systems without the backing of Tartarus.

Show
    An advisor bursts into the room. "Arnos has backed down." The other two advisors smile in celebration. Anoa pushes her fingers into her eyes until she can see stars.

"It appears that our war has also come to a quick end. I should be happy, but that's twice you and I have had our hard work quietly thrown away. I guess it is for the best." She shakes her head and arms and stands up.

"There is one thing that I wanted to ask about before you depart, my Duke. I haven't seen technology like your fighter forges anywhere else in the Empire. We would be interested in a shipment of them. Torbin's word carries plenty of weight, and we would be willing to allow one of our markets to build the part. Unless you are inclined to share the blueprint completely."
    [Ooc]Offering 20 prestige for the ability to build the fighter forges this round.

Spoiler: Earl Domingo (-4,3): Enigma 5
    Show
    "Earl Duri Domingo,

I have convinced Arnos to back away. I hope that you will still pledge yourself to House Gilkara so that we may begin colonization efforts in your system.

Torbin Gilkara."
    Bastilonis

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show
    Dear Duke Torbin Gilkara,

Then you understand my position. I have tried convincing the Laramy siblings, but they have not stopped negotations. Perhaps if multiple voices add to mine, they may be swayed, hence why I contacted multiple noble houses.

Otherwise, should you share my concern with regards to the motivation of the House of Steel and Tatarus, I would advise you to prepare for what the future may bring. If my fear is warranted and they betray a unified House Laramy, you may called upon to swear fealty to the future King or Queen of Hallow and to wage war against the factions who proved they did not deserve the title.

In any case, I advise you to carefully watch the actions of the House of Steel and Tatarus.

Yours sincerely,

29. - Top - End - #239

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqura: Enigma 5
    Show
    Earl Namzara Zaqaru,

We would need proof of what you say before we turned to bother our noble rulers. Even then, They have declared war on the DCOTP and will probably want the house of steel's fleet anyways. If you are looking to bring together a coalition of nobles to stop the union then I suggest you step forward with a plan. We cannot act blindly in hopes that others will follow our lead.

Provide evidence and we will back your efforts.

Torbin Gilkara
    Bastilonis

30. - Top - End - #240

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 6

The mood of the fleet was… tense, the Haytham Fleet drifted along it's new patrol route stubbornly, but now it was little more than a show of force. What was previously excited jingoism was now simmering resentment.

Arda Looked over his Commodores, assembled in the virtual console room. They sat at a simulated table surrounded by the simulated fleet. Many of them were friends, or at least schoolmates, fellow noble second sons, or at least close relations. Most however, were far older or younger, or small folk climbing the ranks through talent and tenacity. Arda would trust almost all with his life, though he could name less than a dozen he would trust with his blaster.

The conversation was currently being dragged back and forth between a small assembly of young bloods spearheading a motion to attack the collective through the Roshan Gate and a pair of old nobles agitating for an ambush at the entrance to the core worlds. Both foolish notions that would never get past the planning stage.

The conversation was a symptom of a growing infection however. Though many thousands of personnel had rotated out, changed to planetary duty, or even simply retired, the ships remained on the front. Arda was hardly a man of mysticism but it was hard to shake the feeling that the ships themselves itched for action, certainly their crews did.

Arda stood, readying yet another placating speech, all too aware that this energy would soon need direction.

Players

House Gilkara pm
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Lord Torbin's words honor me and all my house, he is kind to say them. I knew little of Filo ten years ago, and now hope to visit again soon, though perhaps on less tense and diplomatic terms. Your house is kind and gracious lady Anoa, and your offer is just. You may use our fighter forge blueprints blueprints [this turn] so long as you do not then sell them on."

Farid stands, offering his hand to shake.

“I will be planetside for at least a day or two more, one of my ultralights had to make a delivery to our research station in Fair Violet. If there is anything else you wish to speak of in person, feel free to call on me in the Hotel Filo Grand.”

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Administrator,
    I suppose I follow your reasoning, but I would be remiss to put such guesses into paper we here the words might trickle back to the ears of the Collective. Thank you for your offer, but I must decline.

Duke Farid Saquar

NPCs

House Vastadd pm
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A noble pursuit, especially in these trying times. At the slight risk of Dr. Yarro strangling me, feel free to use our catalogued military blueprints at no additional charge [this turn], though of course please do not sell them onwards."

"We will continue expanding the Sashaw fleet, and modernizing our forces as well. I believe Farid's next intention is to once again speak with the Laramy siblings and try to make some sense of their incredibly complex military situation. If either are looking to assault the Collective it may be necessary to give them some of our intelligence just to ensure they don't sacrifice half the Crown Fleet for nothing."

Earl Maike Maksim, Earl Rama Christer, and Earl Leif Vasil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Earls,
    I feel I must reiterate my offer, with war suddenly springing up across the Imperium, please consider taking shelter under the Greenflame wing. It would be a tragedy to see any more Whitewyne Worlds ravaged by greedy Houses looking to snipe what they might see as easy prey.

Your fealty in exchange for Greenflame protection and [2 trade to develop market colonies].

Duke Farid Saquar

Princess Persephone Laramy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heir Apparent,
    Thank you for taking a stand against the Collective, and I am truly ashamed that my noble peers flock like vultures while you pursue stability. I wish to assist against the Collective where I can, but I do not think I will be ready for the next few years without more support from abroad. Do you plan on beginning your attack soon? I understand you are in a very complex military situation right now.

Duke Farid Saquar

Spoiler
    Show
    Heir Apparent,
    Thank you for taking a stand against the Collective, and I am truly ashamed that my noble peers flock like vultures while you pursue stability. I wish to assist against the Collective where I can, but I do not think I will be ready for the next few years without more support from abroad. Do you plan on beginning your attack soon? I understand you are in a very complex military situation right now.

Duke Farid Saquar