New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default What do you call...

What is the job title for those people you can hire, usually for birthdays, who bring terrariums with large spiders and reptiles and other animals for kids to teach them about them/pet?
    Last edited by stewstew5; 2019-04-12 at 08:48 PM.

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: What do you call...

Don't know that the people have a specific name. They can usually be found listed under Animal Parties.

They might have other names, but not specifically related to the party aspect. A person who is herpetologist might work animal parties, but not all herpetologists would work animal parties, and not all people working animal parties with reptiles are herpetologists.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I would talk to someone at your nearest national/state park. We have a few around where I am, and some have their own "nature centers," where those type of people come there. If nothing else, they might know better or be able to put you in touch with someone.

4. - Top - End - #4

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by RForgione View Post
    I would talk to someone at your nearest national/state park. We have a few around where I am, and some have their own "nature centers," where those type of people come there. If nothing else, they might know better or be able to put you in touch with someone.
    Someone at the local library might be able to help, to, especially if it's a library that does a lot of children's programs during the summer.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Terrariarii? (Single: terrariarus)

I don't think anyone currently calls them that currently, but if you're looking to add to the dictionary?
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jungle Bob.

That's my local guy anyway. Hes got an exotic pet shop, runs an exotic animal rescue and does kids shows. Def Google animal shows local and if nothing comes up, check with rescues and shops, most have bulletin boards.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Googling it hasn't actually given me a good idea of what the name of this business might be, oddly. Maybe there just isn't a agreed upon name?

When I was a kid, many eons ago, we had Reptile Guy. I don't think that's the actual job title, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Googling it hasn't actually given me a good idea of what the name of this business might be, oddly. Maybe there just isn't a agreed upon name?

When I was a kid, many eons ago, we had Reptile Guy. I don't think that's the actual job title, however.
    Job Title!

thank you, I was trying to find this word it was on the tip of my tongue.

Editing the main post now :P

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by stewstew5 View Post
    Job Title!

thank you, I was trying to find this word it was on the tip of my tongue.

Editing the main post now :P
    Shouldn't that be occupation though?
    Proud member of the Vaarsuvius Fan Club.
    -Hey, V, how much do you know about spirits?
    -In order for one to enjoyably consume Aged Dwarven Brandy, possession of two livers is a necessity.