New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Anyone else hyped for Borderlands 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Image for posterity.

Everybody saying they "clearly" look like scythes for some reason. They are clearly flat and blunt, so are more likely to be wings.
    From the initial view the last 3rd looks like blades, although you don't really see that as much from that angle. Also they are really thin, so no way they would work as wings (even given gamification). It looks like it is designed to cut down enemies and tear into the sides of other vehicles, speed and power make up for lack of sharpness.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Weren't there some Raid Bosses that you can't fight solo? Like, you literally can't initiate the fight without having a +1?

Plus, I think that some of those "right builds" often require the raid items themselves to stand a chance.
    You may be right, but I think we just solved this by putting the game on split screen.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gearbox announcements at PAX East are at 1:00 PM Server Time

From what I've been reading from various different (now "confirmed) leaks, the four characters are:

• Rich, suave, stealthy gadget guy. Basically Batman, looks like a grizzled Rhys.
    • Melee-focused Siren. Like Brick, but hopefully actually good.
    • A robot that summons a swarm of beasts. Probably a sniper/support class.
    • Some sort of soldier-type that summons a bear mech. I'm guessing she's a Russian version of Roland/Axton, considering she rides a bear and uses Vladof guns in the Teaser.

There won't be Lasers, Ice or Slag damage, but there will apparently be "Nuclear" damage, and a couple other damage types, so we'll see how that goes.

Additionally, it seems like they will have more than one Action Skill available fairly early on, having 3 each. I'm not sure if this is more of a "You can use one of three versions", or "You can pick between each mode you want to use", or "Each Action Skill is designed with a specific tree", but that's what I know so far.

In about 1 more hour, we're about to find out if I'm some sort of a messiah or just some major *sshole. Maybe both. Anyone taking bets?
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-28 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

4. - Top - End - #64

Griffon

I'm watching the show now, and I wanted to share this little bit before I lost the link

The teaser trailer contained a hidden SHIFT code for BL2, which unlocks some very old community skins which haven't been released in ~6 years. Here it is, for those who haven't already picked it out: C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching the stream, Randy is a national treasure; and the card game looks adorable.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

I am cautiously excited at the prospect of a Borderlands 3, but even assuming they stick with the same formula that worked in the past, there are some changes I really want to see:

1. Move on from Handsome Jack. He was a good villain that Gearbox thought was a great villain, and I got pretty tired of him after playing through two whole games featuring him.
    2. Move on from Pandora. We know that there are vaults on other planets, so how about we get to see one (or more) of those?
    3. More effort to balance the various build options for each character. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, some characters and some specific builds of characters have always been far better than others, to the point where some builds are not even viable in higher difficulties. Why even have options if they're not going to be good?
    4. Improve drop rates on higher-rarity guns. Nothing like grinding a boss 15-20 times with a full party, and still getting nothing.
    5. I hope the item duplicating exploits from earlier games still work, unless drop rates are raised high enough where it becomes unnecessary.
    6. Rework or eliminate raid bosses. The best one they've ever had was Crawmerax in the first game. BL2 was a downgrade in every way on this front, from number inflation dragging fights out to absurd lengths, to respawning players getting locked out of the fight and having to twiddle their thumbs (sometimes for upwards of 15 minutes) before being allowed to play the game again. That's garbage game design. It's entirely possible to make end bosses feel like epic fights without just giving them 50 million hit points and locking players out of the game if they die.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

7. - Top - End - #67

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    1. Move on from Handsome Jack. He was a good villain that Gearbox thought was a great villain, and I got pretty tired of him after playing through two whole games featuring him.
    "Handsome Jack is dead! YOU Killed him, he isn't coming back!"
    ~ Randy Pitchford, about 5 minutes into the presentation

Given that he went on to describe the two new villains for the upcoming game and say that Gearbox only included Jack's mask in the video "just because we're *******s", it doesn't sound like a troll.

[EDIT] So, here's the reveal trailer in full https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Gu...ature=youtu.be

Confirmed so far: the four Vault Hunter archetypes described by Man_Over_Game seems to be about right. Multiple worlds to explore. Not sure about the "no lasers" bit, I think I might've seen some.... but I dunno.

And there's another big info dump coming on April 3rd for more specifics.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-03-28 at 02:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

They said that BL3 will be released shortly after ("if") it was announced, so it probably won't take too long from now to find out.
    Heh, comes out next week.

Jumped the gun on that one. Sorry, guys. It was inevitable that I'd talk out of my *ss eventually, I'm just surprised I lasted this long.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-28 at 03:21 PM.
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.

9. - Top - End - #69

Flumph

Default Re: Anyone else hyped for Borderlands 3 [ON APRIL 3RD!?!?!]?

They're announcing more information on April 3rd.

If the game was coming out that soon it would be in the announcement and on their twitter, instead of "go to borderlands.com on April 3rd for more".

I'd expect it latter half of this year.

10. - Top - End - #70

Griffon

The trailer that they couldn't get to play on stage was for the Borderlands 1 Remaster, and THAT is the one scheduled for April 3rd, apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33JDHUyzB4U

...Or so it seems. "Borderlands 1 Remaster - April 3rd", and not the "more information available on...." so I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-03-28 at 02:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The trailer that they couldn't get to play on stage was for the Borderlands 1 Remaster, and THAT is the one scheduled for April 3rd, apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33JDHUyzB4U

...Or so it seems. "Borderlands 1 Remaster - April 3rd", and not the "more information available on...." so I guess we'll see.
    The trailer for 3 also says more info on April 3rd.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Remaster, eh? Wonder how different it'll be.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Hopefully they make Mordecai's Bird less crappy early game, same thing with Lilith's Phasewalk. Then just make sure that Brick is less suck, and that'd fix all the problems I had.

5th Edition Homebrewery

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Anyone else hyped for Borderlands 3 [CONFIRMED, more info on 4/3]

I'd only be on board with making Phasewalk "less suck" early game if they also made it less godlike late game.

15. - Top - End - #75

Griffon

4k HD
    Tweaked animations for smoother/modern resolutions.
    New cosmetics, including BL2-style heads which weren't in the original.

I don't remember anything else, but the point is "not much".

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I'd only be on board with making Phasewalk "less suck" early game if they also made it less godlike late game.
    The only thing that I think needed tuning down was her Pheonix fire AoE that she got when she killed anything. The damage on her Phasewalk wasn't too terribly good, although the healing on it was a bit insane.

5th Edition Homebrewery

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Extreme hype levels, can't wait!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing that I think needed tuning down was her Pheonix fire AoE that she got when she killed anything. The damage on her Phasewalk wasn't too terribly good, although the healing on it was a bit insane.
    Don't forget the flat 70% damage reduction for like 5 seconds after you exit Phasewalk.

The damage was never a factor, it's that Sirens were ****ing invincible, which made play pretty boring late game. When you can casually solo Crawmerax in a 4 player game without modded weapons just on the power of your DR and healing alone, there's a bit of an issue.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

The new trailer looks pretty damn promising (Rhys giving orders to the Crimson Lance, sweet), though it was pointed out to me that Gearbox no longer has most of the people who worked on the first two games, possibly including the head writer for BL2/Tales. That's a bit disappointing to realize, but since I never thought BL3 could reach the heights of BL2, I won't start worrying. So long as most of what we get is on par with the Robolution or General Knoxx DLCs from the first game, I'll have fun.

I agree that we should see planets other than Pandora this time. BL2 showed there are vaults all over the galaxy, and Tales from the Borderlands ended with the protagonists getting access to the Eridian teleportation network.

And here's hoping that the robot Vault Hunter is Loaderbot from Tales.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

It's a get out of jail free card on a super low cooldown. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing it. It was definitely broken though.

The trailer didn't really do much for me. Maybe because I'm already hyped up for a new Borderlands game, but I need to see more than some cell shading with a dub step background to get excited. I'm sure more info will be out soon though.

21. - Top - End - #81

Griffon

I'm curious as to how they will approach the "explore different planets" thing.

Pandora had a big variety in biomes - arctic tundra, scorched desert, dense jungle (Hammerlock DLC), beach front/ocean paradise, slagged wasteland, urban sprawl, swampland... pretty much anything you could think of. If we're going to travel to different worlds however, in what way are those planets going to be any different from just being another type of biome?

The lore says it's on another planet, but all we can see is that the background is predominantly green and there's different kinds of bugs trying to kill us now. That's... pretty much the definition of the different zones on Pandora, isn't it?

The alternative is that they have several Pandora-sized planets with wildly different asthetics, or that there are areas which are randomly generated to give that 'exotic' vibe. Hopefully it will be anything other than "you step out of the fast-travel booth and you're on another planet now HONEST".

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    And here's hoping that the robot Vault Hunter is Loaderbot from Tales.
    Popular rumour says that it's not - it's (supposedly) a new guy named Flak.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-03-28 at 05:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Gearbox no longer has most of the people who worked on the first two games, possibly including the head writer for BL2/Tales.
    This, conversely, makes me more optimistic.

BL2's writing was hit or miss at the time and is downright cringey to look back on now.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

I think all of the Tales fans are doomed to disappointment. They pretty much have to keep those characters in a minimal role because almost no one played those games (compared to the main Borderlands audience).

No one wants to play a game that ditches the characters we know and care about in favor of random people from a small side game most of us have never played (Looking at you here Kingdom Hearts 3).
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-03-28 at 05:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I think all of the Tales fans are doomed to disappointment. They pretty much have to keep those characters in a minimal role because almost no one played those games (compared to the main Borderlands audience).

No one wants to play a game that ditches the characters we know and care about in favor of random people from a small side game most of us have never played (Looking at you here Kingdom Hearts 3).
    I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Rhys is the owner of the new Atlas Corporation and was seen in both the original teaser and the trailer that just came out.

Vaughn was in the Teaser Trailer, as his shirtless, cultist self.

Scooter is dead, so you can expect Moxie and Elie to pick up the Catch-A-Ride system.

Loaderbot was a very minor character, and the only other thing we care about that hasn't been seen from Tales is Fiona, who is probably going to be a separate Vault Hunter on some planet somewhere (based on foreshadowing by Athena).

Rhys and Fiona worked alongside Zer0 to kill a vault monster. I don't think they're disappointing Tales fans in any way. Simply the fact that Vaughn, the ACCOUNTANT, is unmistakably in the Teaser when someone like Zed isn't says something.

On the contrary, I think that everyone who didn't play Tales is going to be disappointed, because so much changed in Tales that was relevant, and hardly anything changed in BL2. I doubt there were many people who played Tales without playing one of the two main BL games, so I foresee that Tales players who never played BL2 will have a much better grasp on things than everyone who played both BL games and not Tales.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-28 at 06:04 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Dat buff Siren tho.

26. - Top - End - #86

Dat buff Siren tho.
    Brick found his soulmate.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-28 at 06:05 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Brick found his soulmate.
    He did play a Siren in Bunkers and Badasses.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel that's how the conversation went making her, "Hey remember that Siren joke Brick made in Dragon's Keep?" "Yeah?" "Let's make a character out of that."

Don't get me wrong, I %100 love it and I'll definitely roll a Muscle Wizard Siren when the game drops.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Rhys is the owner of the new Atlas Corporation and was seen in both the original teaser and the trailer that just came out.

Vaughn was in the Teaser Trailer, as his shirtless, cultist self.

Scooter is dead, so you can expect Moxie and Elie to pick up the Catch-A-Ride system.

Loaderbot was a very minor character, and the only other thing we care about that hasn't been seen from Tales is Fiona, who is probably going to be a separate Vault Hunter on some planet somewhere (based on foreshadowing by Athena).

Rhys and Fiona worked alongside Zer0 to kill a vault monster. I don't think they're disappointing Tales fans in any way. Simply the fact that Vaughn, the ACCOUNTANT, is unmistakably in the Teaser when someone like Zed isn't says something.

On the contrary, I think that everyone who didn't play Tales is going to be disappointed, because so much changed in Tales that was relevant, and hardly anything changed in BL2. I doubt there were many people who played Tales without playing one of the two main BL games, so I foresee that Tales players who never played BL2 will have a much better grasp on things than everyone who played both BL games and not Tales.
    I'm sure they'll exist. Just don't expect to build a lot on their previous stories that most people won't know about. There will be nice bits in there for people familiar with the characters I'm sure. It's just that the plot won't require knowing who they are or anything like that.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

That would be me. So should I take an evening and watch a playthrough of the Tales game?

Also I think I may have figured out everyones special. At least in part.

Also also. I didn't see Sal or Axton anyplace. Same for Kreig and Guage.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!