New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Magnus' Dream

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Magnus' Dream

You wake up to find yourself still asleep. Your body isn't your own. You've become one of the mind flayers you once worked for. What's going on?

You seem to be in a featureless, dark plane, but quickly you notice that you're standing on a hill. The hill is black, the valleys around are black, the horizon is black, and the dragon and rider that are barreling towards you are also black. Oh hell...

Your body reacts with speed that is not your own, but it's no use. Before you can act, mount and rider charge towards you.

The rider takes out of his blade and mutters an incantation: suddenly, the dragon looks even more terrifying than it did before. A second incantation attempts to strip away your life force, and as he draws his blade, you feel as though you're about to die. Then, his dragon crashes into you and starts ripping into you.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    First off, if you're not immune to death effects, please take a DC 267 fortitude save. Success indicates that you take (3d6+25)[35] damage instead of dying.
    Second, take seven negative levels unless you're immune.
    Third, take 105 points of bludg/slash/pierce damage and a DC 15 fortitude save against Red Ache, 69 points of slash, 70 bludgeon, 66 bludgeon, and finally 111 bludgeon.

If you survive, the dragon's floating 20 feet away from you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Magnus' Dream

Magnus immediately drops dead at the overwhelming power of the attack. Despite his newfound powers, he stands absolutely no chance at all against a might orders of magnitude greater than his own. Although he has various degrees of resistance to many things, outright death is not one of them. Users of psionic abilities, he learns, do not have native abilities to resist such an attack. And his vows to remain in poverty do not replace the simple ability to resist such, that a fairly inexpensive magical item could easily provide. Magnus falls with a silent curse at fate, as his mind blackens farther than the scenery already provided for.

Spoiler:
    Show
    OOC: I have the VoP, so I couldn't purchase a Death Ward, and the spell isn't on either my spell list or my power list available. Something I had never noticed until now.