New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Celestia's Finest Side Thread: Making a House Call

"An illegal, unauthorized cloning?" Sea verifies that she heard correctly. "My word."

Rifle shakes his head. "Makes you wonder what this world is coming to. But, hey, at least you found out about it and brought them into the family. It's a better end than they could have had."

"I don't know that I'm a qualified expert on child-raising." Sea's voice is soft. "Especially given the uniqueness of their situation. But I'll gladly help whenever you need to talk."

"Believe in them." Rifle says abruptly. "That's where I went wrong. I always assumed the worst and acted on those assumptions. I veered too far into standards and not enough into understanding. They're not going to think it comprehend like you do so hold the line but let them know you believe that they can meet it."

For a split second, Sea Scape looks like Rifle grew a second head.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Love nods to Sea's question. "It was a surprise to me too."

"My wondering makes me strive to work harder at getting the best outcome." It does make a pony wonder. What the future has in store. She gives a small nod to Rifle as well. "I am happy to be called their sister. This is going to be an adjustment period for everypony. Things are very different from how they were for them." Worse fates... Love shakes the thought off. Celestia, help them all. Over 400 dead. She only hopes that the rest of her living family being held captivate are being treated kindly. She focuses back to the current conversation.

"My experience with child-rearing is near zero." She hears Rifle and gives Sea a short smile.

Love agrees with Rifle, "Yes, Sir." She says falling into a respectful tone. "I'll try to act in the best of faith with them. I'll try to understand them, and encourage them to understand me. We're different people, them and I, but at the same time so alike in our ways. They have a lot to learn, and I think they're quick learners." Love pauses. She gives him a heartfelt, "Rifle, you saying that means a lot." Thank you. "I'll take your message to heart and apply it to their unique situation.." Longshot. Your father loves you so much. She hopes one day the rift between them heals.

Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    I changed the wording on Love's 'thank you'.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-05-27 at 01:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sea speaks again, hesitantly. "Love, please remember that, as you've said, every situation is unique. We can provide advice based upon our experience and perspective, yet how much that advice applies to you must be decided with discernment and discretion. I do hope that things work out between you."

"Don't mention it." Rifle downplays his contribution. "If we can't help each other out then we might as well pack it in and give up altogether."

"I only wish others could come to the same conclusion." Sea adds.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I had some trouble on wording my response on this one.

Love agrees with a small nod. "The two of you have been a big help." Their advice isn't unfounded. There is gold in their advice for Love.

Love's smile brightens. "Helping others is so important. A pony shines with the elements so brightly when helping others. That warmth could improve a lot of days, even simply witnessing it."

Love takes a sip of tea then picks up the tablet with Longshot on it. "Sniper Scope." She runs a hoof over the screen.

"Sniper Scope has been very amicable about family matters lately. I'm glad he put me on this couch."

The picture of Longshot's first flight sits on display. "I never knew Sniper Scope was a skilled young flier!" She smirks at him crashing into a wall. "Young pegasus always making learning how to fly look like so much fun. The games to be had!" She chuckles, "Was he always flying around?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"For a long time, you couldn't keep his hooves on the ground. Then... he grew out of the phase." Rifle's words are overly diplomatic. "I haven't seen him fly in a long while."

"I'm glad to have met you as well." Sea adds to Love's sentiment. "I believe it's done us all a world of good to be normal for a few minutes after all that's happened."

Sea picks up Love's tablet and checks for any other photos.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Love doesn't want to push too hard. Rifle is more aware of Longshot's current approachability, and the little extra encouragement hopefully helps him along his way.

Love puts out there, "Sniper Scope is a skilled flier. He flies from time to time. A lot of times when he is in a hurry." A small smile teases its way onto Love's face. "I've seen him fly some impressive stunts. It's always fun to watch him. He even used his skills to show off and draw attention to some shady business one time to save some ponies. I keep that one on video." No pony got hurt thanks to him. Such days are in short supply...

Sea Scape's words seem to have made Love happy. There is a twinkle in her eyes. "So am I. I enjoy being normal! I find cooking and baking help ground me. Any creative endeavor will do except maybe lab work."

There are more photos! There are a lot, a lot, of video game pictures, but eventually Love and Null put the games away. There are some photos of them getting ready for bed, and Null having Love by her bedside as Null falls asleep. In the next photo the room is different? The time of day has changed. It's probably a different day. There are a few photos of a very early morning grumpy looking Null before the photos skip ahead. They have a guest! Star and Love show to the room to say hello to Null and wish her well. The air is a little more tense, but not too bad. A ChromeBot has brought them another load of food to have breakfast together.

Love looks at her tablet and brussel sprouts Longshot. She chuckles. "I guess he doesn't like brussel sprouts." She says, "He eats a lot of salads!"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Heh. That must have been something." Rifle chuckles. "I'd like to see that video if you don't mind. Insofar as the whole vegetable thing goes, all I can say is that his tastes have really changed throughout the years. Can't really say I'm surprised. Used to be that I couldn't stand Honey Spice Cakes but they've grown on me."

Sea teases him: "A good cook tends to help. Few things can be as relaxing as an afternoon in the kitchen."

Her focus returns to the tablet and the various photos on display. She visually probes them, smiling occasionally, for several seconds before selecting one that includes Star, Love and Null.

"Love, may please I have a copy of this picture?" She asks.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Love exposes her inner fan. "It was amazing! It was a true display of heroics!" It's hard not to draw a comparison to a past Rainbow Dash, but he reminded Love of the elements in general in that moment. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a phone, takes out a datachip and inserts a datachip. She asks, "I have a holo display, or the screen," she motions to her screen, "if preferred." The big screen might better facilitate the show.

"Honey Spice Cake sounds delicious." She smirks at Sea Scape mentioning her skills. "So true. On both accounts. I have a friend who loves baked goods."

Love exaggeratedly nods a few times. She says to Sea Scape's request, "Yes! I'd love you to have a copy." She smiles at seeing Star on-screen. "She is a very special pony. Awesome and a good heart! And, the world's finest pilot!" All three are strong points, but the middle point seems to resonate more in her voice.

Longshot's video: It shows him flap into the air. He tucks and rolls into larger loops. There is the sound of cheering ponies blow filled with excitement. Longshot smiling to the crowd. He turns into a horizontal loop before shooting upward and down again. He lands in a heroic pose. It was all very impressive. The video is edited to minimize background information, but Longshot is on full display. Longshot's smile seems to make Love smile.

Love will hoof over a datachip with both of their requests.

When it comes to the books: Love pulls out some baby books from her saddlebag. "I finished reading these, and I won't have a use for them for a long time. They'd only be gathering dust on my shelf." Love blushes, "I didn't have any baby books, and I wanted to see what they were like. They're good..." Love wouldn't give away bad books. "I thought you might have a better use for them than my shelf!" Love looks like she can accept being turned down. She isn't overly pushy.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    This was a really fun side thread! I'm glad I/Love finally got to meet Longshot's parents. They're an interesting duo! It's been a blast watching them interact and interacting with them. Would thread again.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-06-15 at 02:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rifle and Sea watch the video as though they're starving ponies being offered a buffet. The peak into Sniper's life produces plenty of parental pride. Rifle, in particular, can't help but grin widely.

"Heh. Didn't know he could still fly like that, I guess he still has the touch." Rifle says. "That was some great wingcraft, right there."

Sea redirects the conversation and returns it to Love, lest they lose sight of their guest altogether: "That was a splendid display, as is this." She touches the picture on the tablet. "Thank you, Love for sharing so much with us."

And the gifts are very well received! Sea expresses her utmost thanks, while Rifle makes a pledge: "Rest assured that they'll get some good use. I'll be reading to the baby every day. It'll be my goal to wear those books out."

"Yes. Needless to say we donated all our old baby things long ago. It's almost as though we're starting over from scratch. Everything you have done for us is a help and comfort. Thank you, Love." Sea adds.

The rest of the visit passes in similar fashion. Love, Sea Scape and Rifle spend a pleasant afternoon together, a bond begins to form. Love is able to depart knowing that Rifle and Sea are doing well and the two parents have a little better understanding of Longshot's life.

Some time later, a package arrives at Love's address. Inside is Sea Scape's promised painting: one of a splendid ocean sunset nestled between two cliff faces. Although upon closer inspection there's a small surprise: if one looks at the painting from certain angles, one can find portraits of Love, Star, Null and Blank all hidden among the vista.

-End-