New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Saw this while watching Amaz. So good, I had to share!
    Spoiler: The Power of Khadgar
    Show
    https://clips.twitch.tv/BoredPluckySharkTBCheesePull
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Welp, that's enough Hearthstone for today. Lose an arena game because all of my removal and board clears are in the bottom 12 cards of my deck, and if that wasn't enough, Hearthstone DCed right as I queued into my next match and couldn't reconnect me, ending my run at 2-3. Really nice.

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

3. - Top - End - #1263

Sorry for the double post, but four new cards released. These ones are quite a doozy:

Spoiler: Caaaards
    Show
    Amber Watcher:
    Common Paladin Dragon
    5/4/6
    Battlecry: Restore 8 health.

Necrium Apothecary:
    Rogue Epic Minion
    4/2/5
    Combo: Draw a Deathrattle minion from your deck and gain its Deathrattle.

Nether Breath:
    Rare Warlock Spell
    2 Mana
    Deal 2 damage. If you're holding a Dragon, Lifesteal 4 damage.

Deranged Netherwing:
    Rare Warlock Dragon
    5/5/5
    Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, deal 3 damage to all other characters.

Edit: Even more cards:

Spoiler: Cards 2, Electric Boogaloo
    Show
    Kronx Dragonhoof:
    Legendary Neutral Minion
    6/6/6
    Battlecry: Draw Galakrond. If you're already Galakrond, unleash a Devastation*.

Veranus:
    Legendary Hunter Dragon
    6/7/6
    Battlecry: Change the Health of all enemy minions to 1.

Hot Air Ballon:
    Common Neutral Mech
    1/1/2
    At the start of your turn, gain +1 Health.

Camouflaged Dirigible:
    Common Neutral Mech
    6/6/6
    Battlecry: Give your other Mechs Stealth until your next turn.

*Devastations are various effects that come up in a Discover interface, like Kalimos did. They are:
    -Summon an 8/8 taunt.
    -Deal 5 damage to all minions.
    -Give your minions +2/+2.
    -Deal 5 damage to the enemy hero, heal your hero for 5.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-25 at 01:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Dragon warlock archetype, eh? Let's see how this evolves then.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but four new cards released. These ones are quite a doozy:

Spoiler: Caaaards
    Show
    Amber Watcher:
    Common Paladin Dragon
    5/4/6
    Battlecry: Restore 8 health.

Necrium Apothecary:
    Rogue Epic Minion
    4/2/5
    Combo: Draw a Deathrattle minion from your deck and gain its Deathrattle.

Nether Breath:
    Rare Warlock Spell
    2 Mana
    Deal 2 damage. If you're holding a Dragon, Lifesteal 4 damage.

Deranged Netherwing:
    Rare Warlock Dragon
    5/5/5
    Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, deal 3 damage to all other characters.

Edit: Even more cards:

Spoiler: Cards 2, Electric Boogaloo
    Show
    Kronx Dragonhoof:
    Legendary Neutral Minion
    6/6/6
    Battlecry: Draw Galakrond. If you're already Galakrond, unleash a Devastation*.

Veranus:
    Legendary Hunter Dragon
    6/7/6
    Battlecry: Change the Health of all enemy minions to 1.

Hot Air Ballon:
    Common Neutral Mech
    1/1/2
    At the start of your turn, gain +1 Health.

Camouflaged Dirigible:
    Common Neutral Mech
    6/6/6
    Battlecry: Give your other Mechs Stealth until your next turn.

*Devastations are various effects that come up in a Discover interface, like Kalimos did. They are:
    -Summon an 8/8 taunt.
    -Deal 5 damage to all minions.
    -Give your minions +2/+2.
    -Deal 5 damage to the enemy hero, heal your hero for 5.
    Spoiler: Card Takes
    Show

Amber Watcher: Well statted minion, good battlecry that can be used in a variety of Decks that isn't pure Aggro, gonna see it everywhere.

Necrium Apocthecary: Well this lives and dies on if Deathrattle Rogue is a thing. And the problem that I have with Deathrattle Rogue, as a whole, is that Rogue doesn't have that many Deathrattles, especially ones that you'd want to exploit. *Remembers Waxadred was revealed*... Huh, now there might A card that could be used. But my main point is that it generally limits Rogue to Neutral Deathrattles, and that basically leaves you with, what, Cairne and Mechanical Whelp? Blizzard, if you want Deathrattle Rogue to be an actual deck, GIVE THEM A FREAKING DEATHRATTLE THAT'S WORTH BUILDING AROUND IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Nether Breath and Deranged Netherwing: I lumped these two together, because let's be honest, if you're putting one in your deck, you're putting the other in. Also, between these two cards, Warlock could get no other Dragons and I will still say we'd see a Dragonlock Deck, because these are some overpowered cards here. Given that this is going to be Dragons; The Expansion, their requirements might as well say "If you're holding a Minion...", and a non-issue. Nether Breath is an Eviscerate that always combos AND has Lifesteal. Netherwing is Duskbreaker's Bigger Brother, and Duskbreaker was already a powerful Tempo swing card!

Kronx Dragonhoof: Wow. Those are quite potent Devastations that I'm not sure if I want to use Kronx as a tutor ever. Maybe only when I've fully Invoked Galakrond but he is in the bottom of my deck and I need that swing turn as soon as I can. 5/5, if you're playing Galakrond, you're playing this guy, and SOMEBODY has to be able to make a Galakrond deck.

Veranus: ...Blizzard? Where's the Hunter Legendary Meme? Because this guy is actually pretty good. This is Equality except effects only enemy minions and is stapled to a body. This is "nice board, would be real shame if Unleash the Hounds happened to it." Hunter's Mark was nerfed TWICE and here's a Legendary that does that to everything, and is well statted to boot!

Hot Air Balloon: Hello this expansion's Dire Mole, glad to see you could make it. Now don't worry if you don't see play in literally every deck, not even the OG Dire Mole did that, but you'll see so many decks that you might as well be.

Camouflaged Dirigible: Overcosted, doesn't see play in Constructed. Not even in Wild, not even in Snip-snaplock. Why? Well I just said, it's overcosted, and if Warlock could play this on a Snip-snap board, it wouldn't actually DO anything because mass removal exists, nor would it help build the Snip-Snaps/Mechwarpers into dummy thicc numbers. Coppertail Imposter does nearly the same thing but cheaper (4 mana vs. 6, but is limited to itself) but there are a big ol' ZERO Snip-Snaplock decks that run this.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Apothecary
    Show
    I see two uses for Necrium Apothecary.

It could be used in a super aggro deck where you run a dead Octosari and use Necrium Apothecary to draw 9 from your deck. If there is another good aggro deathrattle run it as well for consistency. It might be better if it's attack was higher for aggro but still potential.

The other use is in Mecha'thun Rogue which is possible with Ankha but hasn't seen much play as it can't compete with mechathun druid. Worse case you could tutor Mecha'thun or you can put in two loot hoarders making it 4 mana draw 2 cards, spend 2 mana later to draw another card. Being able to get more health would probably be better but drawing fast is nice as well.

The aggro rogue is probably more likely but either way don't count out 4 mana 2/5 draw a card and get a death rattle effect. If rogue is a thing this expansion then this card is probably going to be in it.

Last edited by Hamste; 2019-11-26 at 04:31 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267

Spoiler: Cards 3, more cards for me
    Show
    Sanctuary:
    Epic Paladin Sidequest
    2 Mana
    Sidequest: Take no damage for a turn.
    Reward: Summon a 3/6 minion with Taunt.

Zul'drak Ritualist:
    Rare Neutral Minion
    4/3/9
    Taunt, Battlecry: Summon 3 1-cost minions for your opponent.

Flik Skyshiv:
    Rogue Legendary Minion
    6/4/4
    Battlecry: Destroy a minion and all copies of it(wherever they are).

Sooo, RIP mill/pogo Rogue.

On the subject of Camouflaged Dirigible, I don't think it's just the cost that will keep it from being played in Sn1plock. I think even if it was 1 mana, it wouldn't get played there.

One of the reasons Sn1plock is so good is because the combo, unlike most combos, can happen any turn after you hit 5 mana. From that point on, any mech can potentially kill you, once the Warlock draws the cards. When playing against Sn1plock, you essentially have to have a balancing act with your removal. Use your removal too liberally and you run out, and die to a mech you couldn't kill in the late game. Be too greedy with your removal, and you die to a mech you didn't remove because you thought you could get away with it for one turn.

Cards like Coppertail or Dirigible mess with that. They are essentially big neon signs saying "I HAVE THE COMBO, REMOVE ALL MECHS OR KEEP TAUNTS BETWEEN ME AND YOUR FACE FROM NOW ON." Dirigible isn't only unplayable in the deck because of the cost, it messes with one of the deck's major advantages.

Edit: HANDLOCK HAS RETURNED!
    Spoiler: Wowee
    Show
    Valdris Felgorge:
    Legendary Warlock Minion
    7/4/4
    Battlecry: Increase your maximum hand size to 12. Draw 4 cards.

Abyssal Summoner:
    Common Warlock Minion
    6/2/2
    Battlecry: Summon a Demon with Taunt and stats equal to your hand size.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-26 at 04:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Envoy of Lazul: Pretty good value card for Priest, reminiscent of the old 3/3. Question is, will a Control/Value Priest deck that wants this be a thing? Without something happening to the current aggro Priest deck, I kind of doubt that, but we'll see what else the archetype gets. The Priest Galakrond fits in it, but also seems sadly like the weakest Galakrond of the three we know of, so still iffy there.
    From what I heard the three cards shown are all cards that started in the opponent's deck, so seem much harder to get this card draw, BUT it gives you more information if you succeed or fail.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post

Sooo, RIP mill/pogo Rogue.
    And preemptively RIP Waxadred Rogue.

Why is every Rogue deck save for the most aggressively tempo heavy decks always sabotaged in the same expansion they're originally released? This is the most egregious one I've seen.

10. - Top - End - #1270

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

Why is every Rogue deck save for the most aggressively tempo heavy decks always sabotaged in the same expansion they're originally released? This is the most egregious one I've seen.
    Ah, but killing Waxadred will shuffle his candle into the deck. Waxadred is still safe, I think
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-26 at 04:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

It's rogue only so it just makes a single match up worse which sucks for that Pogo vs rogue match up but isn't terrible unless rogue makes up a large portion of the meta. It would also have little effect on Waxadred. It can't remove all your Waxadreds (Any killed would make a candle which is unaffected) so as long as you don't make too many all in a single turn you should be ok.

That being said, it is a really good card. Even with out the second copy removal it would be good. The additional ability of being able to destroy a minion in your opponent's deck is really useful though note the way it is written it destroys the minion in your deck as well (So if you hit your opponent's sylvanas it will destroy your own as well.).
    Last edited by Hamste; 2019-11-26 at 04:21 PM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

The Waxadreds in play would be fine, they should still shuffle Candles into your deck. Skyshiv would bust Lab Recruiter and Togwaggle's Scheme copies, but not the actual Candles from Waxadred nor would she affect Shadow of Death, since those are separate cards.

Pogo-Rogue on the other hand gets hard countered by Skyshiv since you need to actually play the Pogos, and Shadow of Death would only create useless 1/1s that do nothing for the Pogo's battlecry.

I don't think Skyshiv would be the reason why Waxadred Rogue, I think it would be the fact that Rogue more or less has to be some variation of Tempo Rogue. There's no more Vanish, Fan of Knives is a weak board clear, and Blade Flurry is too expensive, especially without any weapons to pair with it.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

13. - Top - End - #1273

More cards. They're breaking the rules now, Warrior's non-dragon Legendary is a weapon!

Spoiler: Cards 4, I want more
    Show
    Chromatic Egg:
    Epic Neutral Minion
    5/0/3
    Battlecry: Secretly Discover a Dragon to hatch into.
    Deathrattle: Hatch!

Dragon Breeder:
    Rare Neutral Minion
    2/2/3
    Battlecry: Choose a friendly Dragon. Add a copy of it to your hand.

Warrior Dragon(official name pending):
    Epic Warrior Dragon
    3/3/2
    Rush
    Battlecry: If you've Invoked twice, summon two copies of this minion.

Chenvaala:
    Legendary Mage Elemental
    3/2/5
    After you cast three spells in a turn, summon a 5/5 Elemental.

Dragonqueen Alexstrasza:
    Legendary Neutral Dragon
    9/8/8
    Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0).

Diving Gryphon:
    Rare Hunter Beast
    3/4/1
    Rush
    Battlecry: Draw a Rush minion from your deck.

Transmogrifier:
    Epic Neutral Minion
    2/2/3
    Whenever you draw a card, transform it into a random Legendary minion.

Ancharr:
    Legendary Warrior Weapon
    3/2/3
    After you hero attacks, draw a Pirate from your deck.

Breath of the Infinite:
    Rare Priest Spell
    3 Mana
    Deal 2 damage to all minions. If you're holding a Dragon, only damage enemies.

Kobold Stickyfinger:
    Epic Neutral Pirate
    5/4/4
    Battlecry: Steal your opponent's weapon.

Dread Raven:
    Epic Neutral Beast
    3/3/4
    Has +3 attack for each other Dread Raven you control.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-28 at 10:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

How is a Legendary Weapon breaking the rules? There were 9 of them in Kobolds and Catacombs.

Speaking of:

Chenvaala:
    Legendary Mage Elemental
    3/2/5
    After you cast three spells in a turn, summon a 5/5 Elemental.
    LMAO, Dragon Soul mk. 2, this time it's not dragons in the dragon expansion. And it can be killed on board.

Yeah, yeah, Mage is better at slinging spells than Priest, but still. Dragon Soul Priest was not even CLOSE to being a deck, so I dunno that reprinting an on paper weaker version of what may be the weakest Legendary in the history of the game but just swapping the class is going to make it a deck.

Also my bad about Waxadred...for some reason I misremembered it as his Deathrattle being to shuffle extra Waxadreds into the deck.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-11-28 at 11:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

LMAO, Dragon Soul mk. 2, this time it's not dragons in the dragon expansion. And it can be killed on board.

Yeah, yeah, Mage is better at slinging spells than Priest, but still. Dragon Soul Priest was not even CLOSE to being a deck, so I dunno that reprinting an on paper weaker version of what may be the weakest Legendary in the history of the game but just swapping the class is going to make it a deck.
    A 3 mana 2/5 minion is at least worlds better than a 3 mana 0/3 weapon. Right off the bat there it's far more viable for Mage to even try using Chenvaala than it ever was for Priest to try using Dragon Soul, because it does a lot more if you don't get the bonus effect off. Might very well still be too weak for standard, sure, but at least it's not a total joke of a card.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

16. - Top - End - #1276

How is a Legendary Weapon breaking the rules? There were 9 of them in Kobolds and Catacombs.
    Yes, but every class got a Legendary weapon in KnC. Usually when it's a non-minion Legendary, that's the gimmick for the expansion - Weapons for KnC, quests for Un'Goro/SoU, spells for Boomsday. It's 'breaking the rules' because not every class is getting a Legendary weapon.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

I dunno if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but Diving Gryphon looks good. Especially with Clear the Way.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    I dunno if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but Diving Gryphon looks good. Especially with Clear the Way.
    It looks really good. Why yes I would like Town Crier who is also Shadow Bolt. It won't help pull out Unleash the Beast, but even just pulling out your other Diving Gryphon is good.

The Unnamed Warrior Dragon was going to be Kibler's card, but he didn't have enough time to make a video between the Battlegrounds Event and travel, so it got bumped to December 2nd. Guess not everyone got the memo. So because of that I'm calling the Shiro. And Shiro is looking STRONK. Normally, it's Dragon Tribe Rabid Worgen with -1 Health so meh, but with the Invoke upgrade it's nuts, and if it gets buffed from Galakrond's draw? God-tier.

Chenvaala is nice, though I don't think it'll pull Tempo Mage out of Tier 3.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

19. - Top - End - #1279

More cards revealed overnight

Spoiler: Cards 5... I can't think of a rhyme for this one
    Show
    Cumulo-Maximus:
    Epic Shaman Elemental
    5/5/5
    Battlecry: If you have Overloaded Mana Crystals, deal 5 damage.

Warlock Dragon(name not yet translated):
    Legendary Warlock Dragon
    8/4/12
    When your hero takes damage, summon a 6/6 Nether Drake.

Bad Luck Albatross:
    Rare Neutral Beast
    3/4/3
    Deathrattle: Shuffle two 1/1 Albatross into your opponent's deck.

Dragoncaster:
    Rare Mage Dragon
    6/4/4
    Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, your next spell this turn costs (0).

Arcane Breath:
    Rare Mage Spell
    1 Mana
    Deal 2 damage to a minion. If you're holding a Dragon, Discover a spell.

Nithogg:
    Legendary Shaman Dragon
    6/5/5
    Battlecry: Summon two 0/3 eggs. Next turn they hatch into 4/4 Drakes with Rush.

Bandersmosh:
    Legendary Shaman Minion
    5/5/5
    Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a 5/5 copy of a random Legendary Minion.

Bad Luck Albatross... RIP highlander decks, I suppose

Also Dragoncaster. What the hell. Inkmaster Solia is dead
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-29 at 10:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Orc in the Playground

@Bad-luck Albatross - Bomb Warrior sends his regards.

I like where this power levels are going. Just hopeful I get to play some proper paladin games.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    @Bad-luck Albatross - Bomb Warrior sends his regards.
    Speaking of, why did Bomb Warrior suddenly die out? Bombs were too inconsistent? Out-controlled by Control Warrior?

As for Albatross itself, yeah, it seems too slow to counter Highlander. That being said, I probably will try putting it in a Midrange or Highlander Hunter deck as tech, but also because disrupting your opponent's draw with a 1/1 or a no effect Highlander at the right time can be game winning. Probably not worth the craft, but worth trying out if you get it in a pack.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Orc in the Playground

I believe the later, sadly, as we tend to lose in the mirror. I still play it myself, though; it has been my go to warrior deck ever since it got consistent enough. I don't like not having a proactive plan to win, so in a sense this is my substitute C'Thun Warrior.
    I liked the aggro warrior of this expansion (the bloodsworn deck) too, but it's inconsistent, and first Priest then Shaman with Evolve turned to be the better aggro decks.
    "Stop talking." - Roy

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe the later, sadly, as we tend to lose in the mirror. I still play it myself, though; it has been my go to warrior deck ever since it got consistent enough. I don't like not having a proactive plan to win, so in a sense this is my substitute C'Thun Warrior.
    I liked the aggro warrior of this expansion (the bloodsworn deck) too, but it's inconsistent, and first Priest then Shaman with Evolve turned to be the better aggro decks.
    Aggro Warrior consistently beats out combo priest. It can get onto board faster and keep the priest from sticking anything. There's the rare perfect draw where priest just auto wins, but on average Warrior should basically always win that matchup.

The problem is Aggro Warrior doesn't do as well against control as Priest/Shaman does. It just doesn't have the explosive burst potential.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Orc in the Playground

@Seerow
    Then I either only saw the "they snowball early" portion of the statistics, or I'm that bad at Aggro Warrior. Or both! Never really got good at piloting an aggro deck, I think. It either makes me feel like I trade too much, or that I don't do the right trades.
    But alas, Battlegrounds! I broke through the 6k threshold somehow, currently sitting at 6199 with 18 first places and 67 top 4's, so how is everyone doing in the game mode?
    "Stop talking." - Roy

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

But alas, Battlegrounds! I broke through the 6k threshold somehow, currently sitting at 6199 with 18 first places and 67 top 4's, so how is everyone doing in the game mode?
    Rank 5926, with 21 first place and 56 top 4s. I've just had a few too many games that didn't quite work out to hit that 6k mark. Kind of irritating when you get games where you're offered a clear direction early, like picking up two Scavenging Hyenas, two Rat Packs, and a Pack Leader, but then suddenly cease to see anything that supports that direction (and of course never find a third of those doubles), and lose because you didn't immediately swap to some other strategy. Or worse, when you actually do get that early Lightfang or Brann, but the early turns went poorly enough for you that you die before they can power you up anyway...
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-11-30 at 11:44 AM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, missing the timing on that Brann/Lightfang power spike usually ends up poorly for me too. What I like to do instead is focusing more on midrange gameplay, targeting incremental buffs/triples, going either hybrid or mech early on, not shying away from minions like Crowd Favorite, Piloted Sky-Golem, Siege Breakers...
    Also, beasts early on are pretty swingy. One snipe on that Scavenging Hyena/Packleader usually spells defeat. Same for murlocs if Coldlight Oracles are not offered early on. That's why I simply either focus on buff rotating or Mechs, as these are more reliable IME.
    "Stop talking." - Roy

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, I frequently find that going for Mechs just doesn't work out for me. There's just not enough mech buffs around, and so many others go for them that the pool diminishes very rapidly. Sure, those Cobalt Guardians are great for a while, but if you don't find Screwjank Clunkers and Metaltooth Leapers to buff them up (or, heaven forbid, don't find Replicating Menaces or Security Rovers to spawn stuff so they get those extra Divine Shields), they fall off hard as the late-game approaches.

On another note, thoughts on the current heroes? I feel like there's pretty clear sets of good and bad ones at this point, and it'd be nice to see some buffs thrown at the bad ones.

For instance, Sir Finley is certainly the weakest of the recent additions, but I think he could be made much better and more interesting if his hero power refreshed when you play a minion instead of when you sell one. Derryl already exists to give a cool dynamic when selling a minion, and Finley is basically strictly worse at that than Derryl, but being able to play a few minions and hit Finley's hero power a few times for buffs might help make him decent.

Patches and Ragnaros feel like they need a major overhaul, too. Patches' hero power just sucks outside of the early game (which is when you least want to use hero powers with a gold cost attached anyway), and Ragnaros' falls off after the mid game (which is also a time when you're not thrilled about paying for a hero power, though it's better than in the early game). In the late game they're both best off sniping Divine Shields, which just makes them both much worse versions of Nefarian. I feel like maybe once they introduce Pirates and Elementals to Battlegrounds those two can get hero powers focused on those instead. I mean, I know that dealing 8 to random targets is Rag's thing, but it's just never going to be a good basis for a hero power in this mode I think. Otherwise, maybe make them two of the next heroes to rotate out.

Or there's Professor Putricide, who is probably my pick for worst hero in the game. An attack buff to your left-most minion basically only synergizes with cleave, but by the time you get a cleaver odds are you're running into divine shields that will just nullify the damage of your first attack anyway, rendering your hero power entirely pointless. I'd suggest something secret-related since his card is based on that, but that Goblin hero already has that covered, so I'm not sure what to do with him. Probably just have to dump him in the next rotation.

Others on the "needs buffs" list: Pyramad (suggestion: let him target who he wants to buff), Gallywix.
    Maybes for that list: Bartendotron, Queen Wagtoggle, Elise, Toki, Jaraxxus (might just need better demons).

Edit: And got my rank over 6k with a dominant first-place finish as Michigan J. Frog Dancin' Derryl! Now at 6090, with 23 first-place and 59 top 4s.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-11-30 at 04:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Man, you guys play a LOT of Battlegrounds. I'm sitting at rank 4100 or some such, and I know I have way more wins than losses.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Man, you guys play a LOT of Battlegrounds. I'm sitting at rank 4100 or some such, and I know I have way more wins than losses.
    Um... either you're misremembering your rank, or your'e misremembering your win rate there. You start at rank 4k, and you gain rank rapidly during your first (50, I think it was?) games if you're winning. The only way to be at a rank that low is to do a fair amount of losing, or to have only played like, one, twice tops.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-11-30 at 04:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Um... either you're misremembering your rank, or your'e misremembering your win rate there. You start at rank 4k, and you gain rank rapidly during your first (50, I think it was?) games if you're winning. The only way to be at a rank that low is to do a fair amount of losing, or to have only played like, one, twice tops.
    You start at 3000, I'm pretty sure (or you did during the closed beta). I have 5 wins, 14 top 4s, and about 25 games total played, if even that many. And I've only LOST lost 2 (8th place); one for a DC and one last night where the game just really felt like I should eat ****.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-11-30 at 04:58 PM.