New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Disney/War of Spark cross-over Assistance

Title above. I realize it sounds like a kitschy Kingdom Hearts, but the MCs would be princesses and the main characters more from the Disney fairy tales. No magic Donald, no key-swords, no Nobodies. Yall might recall I posted about a week ago, trying to build Anastasia.

The War of the Spark, abridged for those who don't play Magic the Gathering:

Across the multiverse are Grand Wizards, who can travel to different dimensions. One of the oldest, a Grand Dragon, decides to takeover a New York City dimension and there's a Marvel-style Civil War between the Grand Wizards led by good guy Harry Styles vs bad guy Dragon.

So all the villains will gather in one realm, and a bunch of princesses will be summoned as the taskforce to fight them.

For the bad guy, I'm thinking Hades. He can travel between realms, he makes deals & pacts, would be the type of villain who wants to rule, and obviously pure evil.

My question is two-fold.

1) Who would be best to 'summon' the princesses to the central world? The too-obvious answer would be Zeus or someone else from Hercules, so I want a different film.

2) What would be the first realm? I'm thinking if the campaign sticks more than I think, we can island hop so maybe the group fails to defeat them on World A, and that motivates them to grow strong and try again on World B, etc etc

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Disney/War of Spark cross-over Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    Title above. I realize it sounds like a kitschy Kingdom Hearts, but the MCs would be princesses and the main characters more from the Disney fairy tales. No magic Donald, no key-swords, no Nobodies. Yall might recall I posted about a week ago, trying to build Anastasia.

The War of the Spark, abridged for those who don't play Magic the Gathering:

Across the multiverse are Grand Wizards, who can travel to different dimensions. One of the oldest, a Grand Dragon, decides to takeover a New York City dimension and there's a Marvel-style Civil War between the Grand Wizards led by good guy Harry Styles vs bad guy Dragon.

So all the villains will gather in one realm, and a bunch of princesses will be summoned as the taskforce to fight them.

For the bad guy, I'm thinking Hades. He can travel between realms, he makes deals & pacts, would be the type of villain who wants to rule, and obviously pure evil.

My question is two-fold.

1) Who would be best to 'summon' the princesses to the central world? The too-obvious answer would be Zeus or someone else from Hercules, so I want a different film.

2) What would be the first realm? I'm thinking if the campaign sticks more than I think, we can island hop so maybe the group fails to defeat them on World A, and that motivates them to grow strong and try again on World B, etc etc
    The “witch” in Brave. She has a connection with dimensional doors. Have each Princess go throw a door only to end up in the witch’s house.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunion View Post
    The “witch” in Brave. She has a connection with dimensional doors. Have each Princess go throw a door only to end up in the witch’s house.
    I like that. I'll need to look up backstory to see if she has a name, or if she's secretly a god or whatnot

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Nevermind - just read a very long post about how the witch from Brave is Boo from Monsters Inc. That works. lol

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    Nevermind - just read a very long post about how the witch from Brave is Boo from Monsters Inc. That works. lol
    That is the theory.