New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Lightbulb Suggestion: Homebrew Design - Adventures and Campaigns

The homebrew forum consists of threads about mechanics and character options, with worldbuilding threads having their own separate section, which I very much apprechiate as these are different audiences and this way lets easily find threats related to different areas of content creation.

I was thinking that I am not quite sure where a good section would be to have project threads similiar to the worldbuilding threads, but about the creation of adventures or campaigns. I feel like the general Roleplaying Games forum is more for general GM advice, but not so much bigger projects like some of the homebrew threads.
    Perhaps the worldbuilding section could be expanded to include these and get prefixes for Aeventure and Campaign. Or make another sub-section of the Homebrew Design forum just for these.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Suggestion: Homebrew Design - Adventures and Campaigns

I believe that, in general, adding subforums is a non-trivial, non-cheap affair that the mods need to carefully consider, and they'd prefer if we made use of the tag system they introduced so that we can sort of divide forums by topic, rather than create a full division. Maybe request a new tag, if one does not yet exist?

For example,a slightly similar suggestion from a while back was answered thusly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff: Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add it to the list of things to consider. It seems unlikely, though. The content you suggest fits well enough within the general Homebrew umbrella. There's already an original system tag for use within that section. And in the last month there have been only 14 threads using that tag. There doesn't seem to be a problem with original system content being unfindable or overwhelming the current forum. Finally, while it probably seems an easy, cost-free thing to do to split off a subform, it actually has certain technical and other repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    this way lets easily find threats related to different areas of content creation.
    That's an unfortunate typo. I hope.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-04-12 at 08:51 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Suggestion: Homebrew Design - Adventures and Campaigns

Sheriff: The prior answer helpfully quoted above pretty much covers it.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex