New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) San Francisco by Night II: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    I’m in agreement. I’m loathe to jump to looking for another player right away, just because my own unforeseen circumstances gave me a fair bit of empathy. I’m certainly hoping that Ladorak is okay.

I’d agree with TC to push any looking back to February/March.

In the meantime, you can handwave some plans for Lilith in the background?
    She’s laying low because of the whole Prince beheading thing.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Honestly, putting Lillith on ice is the easiest situation for me, as she hasn't really "become" a member of the Coterie ect, and because moving forward most everything is very individual character focuses with some but a smaller emphasis on political intrigue.

EDIT: I'm also not going to post IC yet to move things on as it kinda looks like the group is still discussing. But if that's not the case, please make it clear what your character is up to next.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-01-20 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome back, one and all!
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Welcome back everyone. I am gluing myself to my computer today to get everything rolling. I will be sending out email/PMs to everyone to try to get players back as soon as possible. We will have to see if we lost anyone, so please bear with me and I hope you guys are as anxious to get back into it as I am!
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

I am still here. —TC
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

10 Again!

(1d10)[1]

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

In regards to the conundrum with Aisling, I think it is reasonable for her to be unaware. She likely did not know what was happening to herself, and since her awakening none have spoken of the matter.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Erulasto: If she had been ghouled before, one would assume Aisling knew. However, as you mentioned, she hasn't been played as if she knew or cared about the gravity of what she was doing by offering her blood up so freely. I think one of two things would be reasonable: 1. Aisling had been Ghouled but never thought hard about what she was doing, not really relating her past experiences to what Bernardo or Gabrielle might be experiencing, or 2. She knew but didn't care. Ultimately, I leave it up to you, which is why I am replying here rather than moving your IC situation along.

If you think it's relevant, this could count as a breaking point.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And of course because I am the worst, and didn't plan ahead...

@TC: Anna has 9 vitae/10. So she doesn't really need vitae, and this is more of a pleasure hunt. If anything, I'd rather take the rolling out of it and ask you how you think Anna would hunt if she was just doing it for fun... feeding the Beast and enjoying her vampiric nature. She doesn't need blood, she's doing this more to enjoy her nature.

Ya, I understand this is a throw away, so we won't make this take up too much time, but I'd rather let you make the decision.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

She only has an hour, so that’s not really enough time to hit a bar and get someone back to his or her place, so she’ll just try to find someone in the park, pretend to be looking for her phone, and ask them to help.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    @Erulasto: If she had been ghouled before, one would assume Aisling knew. However, as you mentioned, she hasn't been played as if she knew or cared about the gravity of what she was doing by offering her blood up so freely. I think one of two things would be reasonable: 1. Aisling had been Ghouled but never thought hard about what she was doing, not really relating her past experiences to what Bernardo or Gabrielle might be experiencing, or 2. She knew but didn't care. Ultimately, I leave it up to you, which is why I am replying here rather than moving your IC situation along.

If you think it's relevant, this could count as a breaking point.
    I'm sort of inclined to go forward with Aisling not really knowing everything about the Blood Bond and/or the Ghouling process. She's never been much of a forward thinker, acting more on impulse even before she was Embraced.

So that's the route I think I'll opt to take.

Regardless, I think the realization might be appropriate as a Breaking Point even if she wasn't fully aware. I'm okay with following that decision if it works on your end, Benno.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: I'm not going to make you roll for one blood point. Let's just assume Anna is able to find prey and get her single point of blood. I will refill your Character Box. IC post is coming now and will start with Anna returning to The Dragon's Nest to meet Lady Miho.

@Erulasto: Sounds good. Lets call this a Breaking point then. Lets call this a three dice breaking point. Having a touchstone gives 2+ dice.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: to be clear, is Anna going to THE psych hospital?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

@TC: to be clear, is Anna going to THE psych hospital?
    Thought there were several she had her eye on? Is there only one option and no backup? If it’s not suitable for whatever reason she’ll found one of her own.

But yes, if there’s only one, she’s heading there.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-03-01 at 09:57 PM.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone, as you've probably seen already I am back. Firstly I'd like to apologize for my absence, particularly the unexplained nature of it, total **** move and I'm sorry for it. I don't want to write it all down as I don't think it would be helpful regarding my mental health, but some years ago my job went from risk assessment to crisis assessment and then onto crisis planning and finally crisis preparation. A transfer was promised for years but never materialized, probably because they never found anyone who wanted to replace me on financial meltdown prep duty. Eventually it all got on top of me and my mental health was suffering and I quit in January, which you figure would have been liberating and would have given me more time to post, but having nothing to do all day just really depressed me and I kinda fell into a hole.

I am however feeling a lot better now, this is a great group and I'm eager to rejoin it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Hello everyone, as you've probably seen already I am back. Firstly I'd like to apologize for my absence, particularly the unexplained nature of it, total **** move and I'm sorry for it. I don't want to write it all down as I don't think it would be helpful regarding my mental health, but some years ago my job went from risk assessment to crisis assessment and then onto crisis planning and finally crisis preparation. A transfer was promised for years but never materialized, probably because they never found anyone who wanted to replace me on financial meltdown prep duty. Eventually it all got on top of me and my mental health was suffering and I quit in January, which you figure would have been liberating and would have given me more time to post, but having nothing to do all day just really depressed me and I kinda fell into a hole.

I am however feeling a lot better now, this is a great group and I'm eager to rejoin it.
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Maybe not at 100% yet, but better is still a good start. We missed you, but you've got to take care of your wellbeing.

Welcome back!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but it is good to hear from you regardless
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post

Yeah the whole employment thing is a two way street and not working for jerks makes a big difference.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As mentioned in other threads and via PM, we are simply glad to have you back, and hope things only continue to get better. Feel free to PM me if things come up, or if you need an ear to talk to. Welcome back!

IC post for this game will be next.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: in case you missed it in Discord, I need to know whether Anna is hiding herself or just the sword... Ie using Face in the Crowd or Touch of Shadows
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

@TC: in case you missed it in Discord, I need to know whether Anna is hiding herself or just the sword... Ie using Face in the Crowd or Touch of Shadows
    She is alone so I don’t thing face in the crowd will work, but she’s not trying to stay hidden, she’s hoping whatever is inside will notice her and do something.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I figured. Then Anna is using Touch of Shadows to be seen but keep the sword hidden. She is then spending a Vitae to activate. While it technically requires a roll, I'm just going to skip that. Will update your character box.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

God, I wish Aisling had Dominate. Or even Presence.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

God, I wish Aisling had Dominate. Or even Presence.
    Just rip the gate off the hinges and slaughter the stupid mortal.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Just rip the gate off the hinges and slaughter the stupid mortal.
    Not going to lie. Considered it.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think Lillith is waiting for a reply to her text.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Social test! Uh-oh!

Presence 2 + Nothing....

(2d10)[1][1](2)

If not having a skill means it's a chance of 1d10 instead...then just take the first roll I suppose. Hehe I cant remember. Was a long night at work.

EDIT: ...well, ****.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-03-11 at 09:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Social test! Uh-oh!

Presence 2 + Nothing....

[roll0]

If not having a skill means it's a chance of 1d10 instead...then just take the first roll I suppose. Hehe I cant remember. Was a long night at work.

EDIT: ...well, ****.
    Dramatic failure on a social roll. Well, just remember what Vaarsuvius says: As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey folks. We've just been notified of a few COVID-19 patients coming in to our ER tonight. Given the circumstances, I won't be able to make a post tonight. I will have a post up ASAP later today when my shift ends.

Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Good luck! Don't get sick.

For what it is worth, Erulasto's roll is not a dramatic failure (I had to triple check this). You can only get a dramatic failure with a 1 on a chance dice, which only occurs if your negative modifiers would drop your dice pool to zero. Aisling had Presence 2, with a negative modifier of 1, meaning her 1d10 was not a chance dice.

Kinda unfortunate, because I had a great idea for how to resolve the dramatic failure.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-03-12 at 08:29 AM.
    Show