New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) San Francisco by Night II: A Requiem in Fog

I've updated Anna's Aspirations in her character box.

You also make a good point about the shared Aspirations. I've updated the Coterie aspirations, please make sure you both review.

Are you good with me saying that when Anna messages Victor, he states he is preoccupied and the two agree to meet first thing the next night?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I've updated Anna's Aspirations in her character box.

You also make a good point about the shared Aspirations. I've updated the Coterie aspirations, please make sure you both review.

Are you good with me saying that when Anna messages Victor, he states he is preoccupied and the two agree to meet first thing the next night?
    Yes that’s fine.

Edit: I thought Gorman killed estella, and have no reason to think anything different.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-07-16 at 09:09 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Where is the mouth zipped emoji when you need one...

EDIT: Anyways, will wait for Daishain to respond before staring the next scene.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-07-16 at 09:19 AM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All right, finally had time to go into this.

Slot Fred in whenever it makes sense for his plane

If that's not soon, Karl's next top priorities:
    -information check. Run through everything he has on the Brujah and MS-13 in preparation for tackling those issues
    -New boss meeting. Get the coterie in a room with Nova and touch bases whenever its convenient for all involved

As to the XP, I already spent all five points, thought I'd already let you know. 2 on the first point of socialize, 3 on the third point of obfuscate

Possible new aspiration:
    1. Make new position stable and secure
    1A. Find a way to neutralize Marat as a threat.
    1B. Prove usefulness as a hound to both Prince and the SF kindred society
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-07-16 at 01:05 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So I'll just include the coterie aspirations here:

1. Successfully perform your duties as Hounds
    2. Protect your growing herd of mortals Ghouls and Touchstones
    3. Discover Estella's murderer
    @Daishain: I'd argue that both "Make new position stable and secure" and "Prove usefulness as a hound to both Prince and the SF kindred society" would basically fall in with coterie aspiration #1. However, I do like the idea of tying things in with Marat.

I think you could use "Find a way to neutralize Marat as a threat." all as its own Aspiration, or if you wanted to tie it in a little more could go so far as to say, "Use Karl's new position to help neutralize Marat and Zach Thomas as a threat".

Thoughts?

As to the XP, I already spent all five points, thought I'd already let you know. 2 on the first point of socialize, 3 on the third point of obfuscate
    Darn, I must have missed that. Thanks for being honest and upfront about that. I'll update Karl's character box.

And let's say start with "information check. Run through everything he has on the Brujah and MS-13 in preparation for tackling those issues", as Karl's last conversation with Fred was very recent and he's going to need time to buy a ticket and fly over. So maybe potential timeline is Information check -> team check in -> pick up fred at the airport?

Sorry for dragging things on. I hope you guys got a chance to look at the updated commission! I think the addition of color really makes the thing look cool (but of course I may be biased). I think Karl could still use a little clean up, and Anna's sword could be detailed and emphasized a little more. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-07-17 at 03:17 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Timeline works for me.

As to aspiration, how about,

1. Identify and deal with remaining threats
    1A. Deal with the Marat/Zach problem.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, with your approval for the timeline, I'll start the next scene.

In regards to aspirations, I feel like number two kinda falls within number one... any chance you want to diversify? Otherwise I'm find with them being essentially separate and non-overlapping if you would prefer.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

They do rather overlap. I guess I'm just saying that Marat's a priority issue, but he's also not going to be the only potential problem in the court, so Karl would be keeping an eye out in other directions as well.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Do we get to make a high cost purchase because it’s between scenes? Or is that only between acts?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Daishain: So how about one Aspiration specific to handling Marat and Zach Thomas, and a second specific for identifying any new rivals/threats to the coterie (or conversely to the Prince)?

@TC: I think I'm fine with expenditures as long as it makes sense chronologically.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

@Daishain: So how about one Aspiration specific to handling Marat and Zach Thomas, and a second specific for identifying any new rivals/threats to the coterie (or conversely to the Prince)?

@TC: I think I'm fine with expenditures as long as it makes sense chronologically.
    Gonna buy the hospital.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Any chance you could clarify what you mean by that? Like use your Resources? I'm sure this is something we talked about, and I'm just being addle brained at the moment (chalk it up to not enough coffee).
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Any chance you could clarify what you mean by that? Like use your Resources? I'm sure this is something we talked about, and I'm just being addle brained at the moment (chalk it up to not enough coffee).
    Right, once per chapter, a character can use resources to purchase something at her rating or lower without issue. Anna has resources 5, so she's going to purchase the hospital, or at least put up the capital to purchase the hospital and get all the legal paperwork done and corporations set up, we can drag it out if you like. The idea is to have control of the hospital from both the kindred and kine sides, so there isn't a situation where an owner or a large investor comes in demanding to know what's going on at their hospital.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ya, that would definitely take time, and probably be a little more complicated then just showing up and dropping a check. Most hospitals are owned by a group/corporation/system (for example Columbia University Medical Center is owned by New York Presbyterian, which also owns Cornell University Medical Center), and Anna would probably have to buy into that system as a share holder. I think despite resources 5 she can't just become the majority share holder, and along with time, it may involve some politicking.

This is not to say that you can't spend the Resources 5 now, in fact I think that's a good first step. While I admittedly know little about the corporate side of the Health Care World (a significant problem that most physicians need to rectify to some degree given how it is affecting the health care system in America), I believe I can fudge this, and it will likely lead to some interesting political scenes with mortals; with Anna sitting in on board meetings and the like. I think this would be interesting to play out.

Of course, if that isn't the kind of thing that interests you, I could easily see this being something Anna could "employ" Victor into doing. He'd be pretty perfect at it being a Ventrue and all, and could be Anna's representative or face within the company.

Thoughts???
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Ya, that would definitely take time, and probably be a little more complicated then just showing up and dropping a check. Most hospitals are owned by a group/corporation/system (for example Columbia University Medical Center is owned by New York Presbyterian, which also owns Cornell University Medical Center), and Anna would probably have to buy into that system as a share holder. I think despite resources 5 she can't just become the majority share holder, and along with time, it may involve some politicking.

This is not to say that you can't spend the Resources 5 now, in fact I think that's a good first step. While I admittedly know little about the corporate side of the Health Care World (a significant problem that most physicians need to rectify to some degree given how it is affecting the health care system in America), I believe I can fudge this, and it will likely lead to some interesting political scenes with mortals; with Anna sitting in on board meetings and the like. I think this would be interesting to play out.

Of course, if that isn't the kind of thing that interests you, I could easily see this being something Anna could "employ" Victor into doing. He'd be pretty perfect at it being a Ventrue and all, and could be Anna's representative or face within the company.

Thoughts???
    The way I envision it working is setting up a corporation to take over the hospital, buy buying out or forcing out whoever currently owns it. So the first step would be setting up the corp, mostly to hide who the primary shareholder is (Anna). Anna can't be a visible entity, because it would be too obvious she never attends a board meeting during the day. Celestine or another more suitable ghoul would have to do it. The second step would be identifying who owns the hospital, and then we start throwing gobs of money at them to get them to sell. If they don't want to sell, we make them an offer they can't refuse.

The irony of Anna thinking and acting like a gangster when she hates organized crime is especially fitting.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-07-20 at 10:15 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I like/love all of that. Perhaps Daniel? Otherwise, do you want to have Anna in some way scut that over to Victor?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I like/love all of that. Perhaps Daniel? Otherwise, do you want to have Anna in some way scut that over to Victor?
    She will want to try Celestine first since she has some knowledge of medical stuff and she doesn’t have any responsibilities anymore. Maybe send her for a few classes or something. This is also why I want to spend dots on a legal retainer and/or someone to help run the Corp, if Celestine can’t do it alone. That way Celestine can be my eyes and ears there and leave the work that requires expertise to the expert(s).

Victor would have the same problem as Anna, he can’t be visible during the day.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-07-20 at 07:02 PM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, please clarify how much XP you are spending and on what.

In regards to Victor, I was more imagining putting him in charge of finding the right Ghouls ect. It obviously would relieve Anna of some of the responsibility ect, but of course would give Victor more "control" so to speak.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

No spending anything because I need to get obfuscate 3 first.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Noted.

IC post finally up. Apologies again about the delay.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

I thought ventrue have some kind of restriction on what they can drink?
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think that's Masquerade Ventrue. And I think 1E requiem Ventrue was that they went crazy quicker, because they got lumped together with the Malkavians.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

I think that's Masquerade Ventrue. And I think 1E requiem Ventrue was that they went crazy quicker, because they got lumped together with the Malkavians.
    Hmm, okay, works for me.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Can we even sit for photographs? Actually that gives me an idea for what anna will work on as her research project, suppressing the Beast’s resistance to photos, so we can have photos taken if we focus on it. What do you think?
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So you really made me work for this one .

It seems that the 2E book intentionally left this more "obscure" than any other edition, with only a quick blurb about it on page 60 that simply states that it is hard to ever catch a vampire in a photograph or video or mirror. In the first edition book a vampire could willfully counteract this by spending a WP. I like this idea, as it would be much more difficult to exist in our modern age otherwise. If you are okay with it, I'll say that Anna and Victor can spend a WP to get "proper" photos, while if you don't agree then the security officer is going to end up taking some pretty interesting photos...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

So you really made me work for this one .

It seems that the 2E book intentionally left this more "obscure" than any other edition, with only a quick blurb about it on page 60 that simply states that it is hard to ever catch a vampire in a photograph or video or mirror. In the first edition book a vampire could willfully counteract this by spending a WP. I like this idea, as it would be much more difficult to exist in our modern age otherwise. If you are okay with it, I'll say that Anna and Victor can spend a WP to get "proper" photos, while if you don't agree then the security officer is going to end up taking some pretty interesting photos...
    You know what. If there isn't a vampire artist out there who creates photorealistic drawings / paintings of vampires, that should be Anna's next service to the city. Because there's no restriction on taking a photo of a painting. I imagine that's how vampires would handle it, anyway, and I like the idea of Anna researching how to counteract this weakness as a new scale / coil.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-07-24 at 09:59 AM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sure, I could see it being a scale or even just a devotion; maybe something combining Obfuscate or Majesty with a Coil.

That said, what are your thoughts about the rules; do you want to be able to spend a WP to negate it or no?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, I could see it being a scale or even just a devotion; maybe something combining Obfuscate or Majesty with a Coil.

That said, what are your thoughts about the rules; do you want to be able to spend a WP to negate it or no?
    I think it makes sense, but then what would the coil do?
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I would imagine make the ability to appear in photos and mirrors free to turn on and off, rather than cost a WP?

Okay, so that we can move forward IC, I assume Anna wants to spend the WP... and maybe a BP for blush of life? Not necessary, but up to you. Feel free to post IC with your reply.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

I would imagine make the ability to appear in photos and mirrors free to turn on and off, rather than cost a WP?

Okay, so that we can move forward IC, I assume Anna wants to spend the WP... and maybe a BP for blush of life? Not necessary, but up to you. Feel free to post IC with your reply.
    I'm good with that, will post IC.
    TC for short