New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Question Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

My eyes are everywhere, just like everyone else, but my hands are to my sides unless someone points something we should really need and have no way of possibly getting otherwise. However at Oorth's remark I turn with a surprised, but "Me Too" face.
    I'm with you Oorth, doesn't make sense to align with goblins and start terrorizing your own. Still there are a lot of people paying for putting themselves in disguises, so maybe?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

Aa the party enters the wizards home they are met with an outstanding site of different projects and trinkets covering the entirety of the house. Everything looks valuable in it's own right, and then again there are things that look like they have no value at all.

Gwizzy:
    quick, quick hand me the trolls foot he motions at robina as he begins stoking a fire at the fire place and placing a kettle of water over it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

How much you need? I think we got a lot

Robina hands him the pouch they took from the Troll spellcaster

We have more if that is not enough

4. - Top - End - #184

RangerGuy

Gwizzy:
    ah, yes. This is good, good fresh trolls foot, why i havent had something this decent in forever after a minute of the fire roaring he goes to grab a small cup. He then takes several of the leaves from the trolls foot and adds it to the hot water.
    this is the best tea ever!! he exclaims now what is it you..... uh... people? Wanted?
    Last edited by CNFish; 2019-07-16 at 09:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185

...we went after trolls for..tea? ...ughhhh

6. - Top - End - #186

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by finaldooms View Post
    ...we went after trolls for..tea? ...ughhhh
    Gwizzy:
    oh I'm sorry. Would you like some? It really is delicious and after all I should reward you for your hard work and bountiful amount he goes to get more cups.

7. - Top - End - #187

DruidGuy

while I am intrigued about your tea, we went because you said youd help bring our friends back to life. And if I'd known wed be having tea, I'd have grabbed some toe jam for the biscuits

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

I would be glad to join you. I am sure it would be most refreshing

Robina takes a cup

Yes. We were seeking a couple of reincarnations, though you don't seem like a druid

9. - Top - End - #189

ElfMonkGuy

Post Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

If there are items that are labeled on the shelves I would like to read over the labels. I wish to see if he has something to remove disguises. I will stay within full view of our host and the party.

None for me at this time; thank you, there are other things that I would like to mental digest first.

10. - Top - End - #190

" ...no I'm good "

11. - Top - End - #191

RangerGuy

Gwizzy:
    oh reincarnation? Ah childs play.... do you have the remains? I dont see a dead body with you. assuming robina hands over xivlirs remains. then I shall begin the process. he takes some oils out of a cabinet, and then gathers a bag of garnets he pulls out several gems and then spreads them over the remains of xivlirs remains
    now this process will take a few minutes so sit tightly.

He begins the spell and incantations. The remains begin to glow and you can feel the surge of strong magic at work. And after 10 minutes the remains start to take the shape of a new creature. (1d100)[72]

jon, the workshop is a mess and you cant really find anything specific. Though you see several potions on a shelf that all look quite valuable.

Edit:
    Ah, so close...

Anyways the form is a halfling the overall look of the body is somewhat similar to xivlirs appearance though there are obvious areas that are different.

Xivilir:
    ahhhhhh, he begins grasping at his neck as if he was going through the execution again. dead? I died? Did I? What's going on?
    Last edited by CNFish; 2019-07-17 at 09:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

oh look..he brought him back as a child

13. - Top - End - #193

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by finaldooms View Post
    oh look..he brought him back as a child
    Xivilr:
    child? You... I remember... no I dont.. but you do seem familiar.... he looks at the gnomes Bertie and gwizzy who are the same size as himself now. yeah... ot ringing a bell... last thing I remember was a terrifying figure standing over me, ready to Kill me... dream? Could I be dreaming.. no. Was it a dream? My hands? he begins to look himself over something doesnt feel right...

14. - Top - End - #194

DruidGuy

xivilir I presume. Aethelbert Shmapirgrist Gringdinston Gubdalzgork at your service, my friends call me Bertie, I have heard nothing but good things about you, and yes, I'm sorry, but you died. There's a lot of that going around in Everpine. Unfortunately we couldn't find anyone capable of resurrection, but we did manage to get you Reincarnated; I hear clerics may be able to Restoration you back into your original form, most people wouldn't argue that being a halfling is far better than being dead though, just think of all the savings from buying smaller clothing, but you may lose out from having to afford 6 meals a day, but anyway, I fear we have much to discuss.

How's the mayor doing, or was he not included in the deal?
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2019-07-17 at 12:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenWarCorgi View Post
    How's the mayor doing, or was he not included in the deal?
    Hasnt gotten there yet

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back Xivlir. We couldn't let you pass on while there are still goblins left to kill and guys like Draco who need an asswhupping.

I've never seen this happen before, so I don't know how you feel or what you remember

We left you outside the Hogboblin fort when we went in, then we saw you captured in Everpine.

Draco apparently respected you enough to snap your neck before incinerating a whole bunch of other people.

I snuck up and cut off your ears and nose so there would be enough to bring you back if that was what you wanted.

She scratches herself and sips some tea

And we got you involved in this in the first place, you might have been able to escape left by yourself.

When you are ready we can talk more, a lot's been going on and there's a lot we need to discuss. What do you remember about what happened after we left you outside the fort?

She looks at Bertie

Fiorello's body is intact and wrapped in a blanket on the surface with the troops

17. - Top - End - #197

DruidGuy

ah, yes. When we're ready I'll take Stephen to fetch it

18. - Top - End - #198

ElfMonkGuy

Lightbulb Re: A test of your prowess, the endless gauntlet - a continuation.

doing a double take:
    X, thank goodness! Thank you great wizard.

Guys I know we are in a hurry in order to clear our names and to do that we need the mayor and anyone that can attest to what has actually happened, but what if we state our business to someone in league with Draco and the others behind this mess...instead of getting back the mayor now...what if we investigate potential allies, don't forget that some of this happened, because people pretended to be other people. If we have the mayor now, then what is to say we won't have to face a few more trolls, only to go through the same thing again?

I try to come off as serious.

19. - Top - End - #199

well..I feel like there would be some kind of time limit on bringing someone back to life jon, plus I'm pretty sure we needed the mayor more than we need X, no offence and I'm glad your back. Since the mayor was supposed to be in charge of the people we managed to gather.

20. - Top - End - #200

DruidGuy

I think reincarnate can be within a week, any longer than that and you need a more powerful spell.......should I fetch fiorello now?

21. - Top - End - #201

unless this guy here says otherwise I dont see why not

22. - Top - End - #202

DruidGuy

got it. Come Stephen. We'll be back.

We'll head outside and Bertie will have the troops help load fiorellos body onto stephen

23. - Top - End - #203

ElfMonkGuy

Only a week, feels like we have been at this for months...we need a way to insure the mayors' and the others safety then. Also how do we prove the person is the mayor if he also comes back as something different? Won't that be thrown in our faces?

My eyes are still looking for something that will see through disguises, but now I'm also interested in anything that would help us with disguises, like make up if this wizard makes that type of stuff as a byproduct of his experiments.

24. - Top - End - #204

both x ans the mayor died like..2 days ago jon...I think it's been a week..maybe 2 since all this. Started ?

25. - Top - End - #205

RangerGuy

Gwizzy gives Bertie the sign as he prepares the next casting session. After about half an hour Bertie finally shows back up with the mayor's body.

Gwizzy:
    this is a shame I actually knew this man. I've visited his office once or twice... alright let's get this done shall we so I can get back to my work. he begins casting the spell and just like before with x the body rises up and takes the form of (1d100)[79] a human! He looks the same as he did before he died.

Mayor:
    As he comes to
    whoa... where am i?
    Last edited by CNFish; 2019-07-20 at 10:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

oh look not a child! And most likely some personal hell involving trolls foot

27. - Top - End - #207

DruidGuy

fiorello, try to relax. You were assassinated as we were traveling from hazelton to drandeldord. Mr Wizzy here was kind enough to reincarnate you. You dont look exactly the same, but it appears to have shaved a few years off...and I'm afraid we have more bad news, Abraham has missed his rendezvous.

28. - Top - End - #208

ElfMonkGuy

Mayor you said you knew some people you wanted to get in contact with? Is it possible to send out a trusted aid with us; while you lay low and recuperate; in order to set up some form of communications?

I wait for his in put

Mr. Wizzy do you have anything that helps people talk over distances securely? If the mayor was found out to be still in this town, I don't know who will flatten who and anyone between them. I spread my hands almost as to reach for Mr. Wizzy with one hand and with the other the direction of between the two villages as if to indicate the innocent people of both villages.

29. - Top - End - #209

RangerGuy

Gwizzy:
    bah, I have no care for that. Now, now that i have done as you have requested i must get back to my work. with that he takes his leave up a set of stairs to what one could only assume is his workshop.

Mayor:
    its a strange sensation.... dying and all... I still feel the arrow in my chest.. if abraham hasnt gotten here then I fear the worst may have happened. Tell me, did you guys save the princess yet?

30. - Top - End - #210

" right...we got a little distracted bringing people back to life"