New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Solaria (IC)

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Solaria (IC)

Pert arrives, and is obviously a follower of his master's discipline. He is a human, of a dark complexion, and apparently only has a quarterstaff. He also is only in robes, much like everyone here, and doesn't seem to have any kind of defense.

*I am glad to meet you, Marcus. I hope that our journey together is fruitful.*

He then walks up to the stage, bows to the crowd, and readies himself.

*You need not restrain yourself on this floor. The pain is temporary, and we only bruise. Fire and brimstone only singe. If there is an accident, we have an account setup with the temple of Boccob for services rendered.*

After Pert seems to have himself readied, Master Trent goes up on stage. He looks to the entire school and addresses them.

*Here we have a true follower of the path. An Adept of the Nine-Fold. Learn something, no matter the results!*

After that, the halfling master walks off the stage, grabs an apple, and mentions...*BEGIN!*

//IE, roll initiative!

Pert
    Spoiler
    Show

init - (1d20+6)[21]

2. - Top - End - #152

SolithKnightGuy

@El
    The elf woman in front of you stares you up and down, more like a piece of meat than any real person with a soul.

You do not seem the type. You may have gained entry, but proof is needed of your allegiance. What is His name?

As she says this last part, she obviously is pointing to Nerull's holy symbols on your neck.

3. - Top - End - #153

Marcus bows to Pert. When he rises, he draws his sword and gives Pert a cold stare, looking into his opponents soul to see what he is made of.

(test of wills)
    intimidate - (1d20+16)[21]

initiative - (1d20+7)[22]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

He smirks.

Which one? He goes by many. Nerull, The Reaper, The Foe of all Good, Hater of Life, Bringer of Darkness, King of all Gloom, and Reaper of Flesh. Sometimes called Hak'nir by the elves, and Domgi by the dwarves, his perhaps most regal title is Her Royal Advisor, reffering to his status as an ally of Lolth, goddess of drow.

((I made up those last 3, basiclly to flaunt Elzaon's heritage and knowledge.))
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2007-10-17 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

5. - Top - End - #155

SolithKnightGuy

Pert stares back, and seems glad for the attention. He twirls his quarterstaff and takes a fighting posture.

intim - (1d20+13)[29]

Edit:
    Marcus loses the contest of wills, but is first to act.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-17 at 04:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Marcs shifts his weight to be one with the wind, ever changing, never the same. He then closes on his opponent, but waits to see what he is up against before committing to action.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marucs will enter Aura of Chaos Stance, and move next to Pert. he will then ready an action to use Divine Strike against Pert if Pert starts a maneuver, casts a spell, or tires to move away from Marcus.

7. - Top - End - #157

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Elzaon

He smirks.

Which one? He goes by many. Nerull, The Reaper, The Foe of all Good, Hater of Life, Bringer of Darkness, King of all Gloom, and Reaper of Flesh. Sometimes called Hak'nir by the elves, and Domgi by the dwarves, his perhaps most regal title is Her Royal Advisor, reffering to his status as an ally of Lolth, goddess of drow.

((I made up those last 3, basiclly to flaunt Elzaon's heritage and knowledge.))
    The elf looks surpised...shocked may even be the right word. She leaves the room without another word. The dwarf tied down in the chair on the other hand, speaks up.

*Now, there's some knowledge equal to my own. The Reaper takes all, does he not? Now, if you could untie me perhaps we could speak...as equals.*

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

Why exactly are you tied to a chair?
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

9. - Top - End - #159

SolithKnightGuy

Elzaon

Why exactly are you tied to a chair?
    The dwarf laughs heartily at the comment.

Why, to be tortured of course! Now let me out so we can have a drink!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

He shrugs.

Fair enough. But know that if you try and run, I'm fairly sure I'm faster than you.

He unties the dwarf.

11. - Top - End - #161

SolithKnightGuy

Elzaon

He shrugs.

Fair enough. But know that if you try and run, I'm fairly sure I'm faster than you.

He unties the dwarf.

Run? Why would I run? This is MY house!
    The dwarf then walks into the next room, and comes back with two glasses. He holds them up, and El can take his pick.

Now, what are you here for?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

You don't seem the cleric of Nerull type to me. I'm here for supplies. Potions, scrolls, items, whatever you can spare.

He doesn't take either glass. Dead is the fool who trusts a stranger, especially one with a natural resistance to poison.

13. - Top - End - #163

SolithKnightGuy

@Marcus.
    Pert looks at you strangely, wondering what is going on in your mind. He then assumes a defensive posture, and seemingly explodes into flames!

They mass and swirl around him, and just standing next to him is fairly hard. The flames extend out 10'.

Look here
    Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save DC 16, fire - (4d6)[21]
    Damage is half fire, half arcane.
    Martial Lore DC 25 to understand what he just did. If you know, look below
    Spoiler
    Show

Assumed Firebird stance. You are at least facing a Jade Phoenix Master.

For DM and any not actively in the fight
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Total Defense. Waiting to see what happens
    Firebird Stance: 1/10

//Your turn.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-17 at 05:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

SolithKnightGuy

Elzaon

You don't seem the cleric of Nerull type to me. I'm here for supplies. Potions, scrolls, items, whatever you can spare.

He doesn't take either glass. Dead is the fool who trusts a stranger, especially one with a natural resistance to poison.
    Ah, well, suit yourself. He takes a swig of each, just in case you change your mind.

I have quite a bit here, though not all probably not going to help you. Of course it's not all free, a discount for a brethren but we need the gold too you know.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

That's fine. Just tell me what you have, and how much it costs, and we can work out a deal, or perhaps a trade.

16. - Top - End - #166

SolithKnightGuy

Elzaon

That's fine. Just tell me what you have, and how much it costs, and we can work out a deal, or perhaps a trade.
    Well we have quite a few scrolls and potions around here. Mostly those that cause pain such as those Inflict spells and anything that has to do with fire. We keep healing potions and poisons for fun too, I think we might have 5 of each potion and a couple extraneous poisons that are ingestable. Yer a fair fellow, so pay about 80% of the normal cost, and that should be good.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

Besides those, any magic items?

18. - Top - End - #168

SolithKnightGuy

Elzaon

Besides those, any magic items?

I think you'd have to be a bit more specific than that. We don't keep items of power just laying about now!

He takes another swig from each mug.

19. - Top - End - #169

Marcus lets the forces of Chaos fuel his blade as he strikes at Pert. Unfortunatly, he had allowed his opponent to gain an advantage by not seizing the initiative.

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (1d20+20)[26]
    damage - (2d6+12)[6][4](22)
    divinesurge - (8d8)[7][8][4][8][6][6][1][3](43)
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-10-17 at 07:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
    Marcus lets the forces of Chaos fuel his blade as he strikes at Pert.
    Having just missed with his forceful swing, Pert almost looks surprised. If he wasn't actively defending himself, that attack might have hit. He decides that he must finish this, and quickly.

One end of his quarterstaff glows a bright purple, and then a bright orange and red. He swings, and everything explodes in arcane energy and flames!

Spoiler
    Show

His swift action is to imbue his first attack with Arcane Wrath. Uses Death Mark on that attack.
    First Attack - (1d20+22)[32] qstaff - (1d6+2)[7]+ar. wrath - (3d10)[18]+death mark - (6d6)[22]+firebird - (4d6)[12]

Ref. Save vs. Death Mark = 15
    Ref. Save vs. Firebird = 16
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-17 at 07:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Marcus sees the incoming attack, and uses his sword to serve as a better defense than any armor could provide. He concentrates on the incoming attack and at the last second uses his blade to strike the staff aside, rendering the blow harmless. The flames danced around Marcus' feet and made the armor he wore uncomfortably hot. Still, he was focued on winning, and did not let the momentary pain deter him. As Pert tumbled away, Marcus persued step for step. When the follower of the Phoenix stopped, Marcus put the weight of a great mountian into his attack, striking a telling blow.

Spoiler
    Show

wallofblades - (1d20+20)[38]

if necessary
    DMsave - (1d20+9)[10]
    FBsave - (1d20+9)[21]

Ancient Mountain Hammer Attack: 38
    Damage: 66
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-10-17 at 07:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post

I think you'd have to be a bit more specific than that. We don't keep items of power just laying about now!

He takes another swig from each mug.
    Elzaon

Anything an adventuring party might find useful?

23. - Top - End - #173

SolithKnightGuy

Hmmm. I certainly see I am facing no novice. Impressive.

Apparently I must use other talents.

Pert's body lights on fire, and as he tumbles five feet backwards a small trail of flame follows him. He proceeds to run a circle around Marcus, out 5' the whole time. As he comes to his point of origin, the area he enclosed explodes in a giant ball of flame. When the smoke clears, Pert is nowhere to be seen.
    He is obviously a student of the Desert Wind.

Dice rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Ring of Fire: (12d6)[48] Ref: 18 for half.
    Firebird Stance: (4d6)[13] Ref: 16 for half

24. - Top - End - #174

Harpist

In response to Pelemaeus' statement, the Harpist scowls a little. "Unless you can't trust yourself to distinguish one who is with child and one who isn't, don't worry. A mother and child is what they asked, they never specified which pair."
    He scans the map with his hand, the strong fingertips tracing along the paint lines of the parchment. "Village. Either our destination, or a stop on the way. That's where we go." He turns to the others still here. "If you do not wish to drag an unconscious fire giant for fifty miles, I suggest that we find a mundane method of large-scale transportation. Example: a wagon."
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

25. - Top - End - #175

Wilarmis

"With horses." Wilarmis smirks. "Teleport, maybe."
    ·Bitzeralisis·

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus

"Can we simply not just teleport back to the edge of the city and drag the Fire Giant in and hide it with an illusion spell? Or we could fly it in."

27. - Top - End - #177

Harpist

"Teleportation to the city boundary is acceptable, as is flight. Covering the creature in illusion might not be - guards would see the magic too obviously, unless you have something to cover the traces."
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #178

SolithKnightGuy

DM

@Everyone still in the inn
    The bartender walks over, and seems to be enjoying listening to the strategy being worked out.

Have to be weary of those guards you know. They see right through illusions with those masks of theirs. And if you're going to teleport to the city boundaries, you better scout out an out of the place spot somewhere off a bit, and maybe hide a wagon there.

He seems quite pleased with himself for helping in the conversation, and goes back to his bar, this time whistling.

29. - Top - End - #179

Marcus knew what was coming, but even so the fury of the flames engulfed him. It was worse than he had imagined. He would have to incorperate more of the flames into his own style. Still, he was resolved to teach Pert the power of other styles. Marucs moves forward to where Pert reappears and again uses the power of the mountain to crush his enemy.

iresmntstk - (1d20+20)[21]
    damage - (6d6+11)[28] (Fort Save DC22 or be unable to take standard action next round)

30. - Top - End - #180

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
    Marcus knew what was coming, but even so the fury of the flames engulfed him. It was worse than he had imagined. He would have to incorperate more of the flames into his own style. Still, he was resolved to teach Pert the power of other styles. Marucs moves forward to where Pert reappears and again uses the power of the mountain to crush his enemy.
    Alright then, let's see how you handle this...

Pert steps back, and casts a spell that apparently makes duplicates of himself!
    There seems to be (1d4+5)[9] of him now!

They all seem to wait...in ominous synchronization.

Spoiler
    Show

Mirror Image