New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Rules Question - Specific type of post

So, I'm curious to create a thread where users can voluntarily tell a brief life story and allow others to decide on what class/subclass combination fits them the best. In re-reading the rules, it doesn't appear that it would be breaking rules, but I just want to verify before creating more work for mods. (or if it sounds like it would be to inflammatory and would make more work for mods).
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rules Question - Specific type of post

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    So, I'm curious to create a thread where users can voluntarily tell a brief life story and allow others to decide on what class/subclass combination fits them the best. In re-reading the rules, it doesn't appear that it would be breaking rules, but I just want to verify before creating more work for mods. (or if it sounds like it would be to inflammatory and would make more work for mods).
    I'm not a mod, but it sounds like standard "Message Board Games" subforum entry to me. Not that different from the "Grant a wish"-type thread, and several notches above the "I am Groot" thread.

Standard rules will need to apply, of course, (so the brief life stories better not include politics or religion, must be PG-13, etc) but I see no red flags popping up.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-06-18 at 09:13 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Rules Question - Specific type of post

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I'm not a mod, but it sounds like standard "Message Board Games" subforum entry to me. Not that different from the "Grant a wish"-type thread, and several notches above the "I am Groot" thread.

Standard rules will need to apply, of course, (so the brief life stories better not include politics or religion, must be PG-13, etc) but I see no red flags popping up.

Grey Wolf
    Sheriff: That seems accurate.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex