New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Right to Ambition [IC]

You have all grown up in this urban jungle, endless buildings everywhere you look. You --- or perhaps some of you --- have joined a guild for protection, others may be surviving on their own, and still others may be infiltrating a guild, indebted to one, born into one, or any number of other possibilities. Either way, you have lived here, or hereabouts, for your entire lifespan. Upon reaching adulthood, all of you, for one reason or another, decided against living a quiet and peaceful life. Whatever your motivation, you have all become agents, warriors, magic-users, or some other such thing --- in short, an adventurer, though perhaps not like those in the stories. The city has sewers, even if no dungeons. It has troves of treasure, even if they are sitting in a cathedral rather than lying in abandoned ruins. It even has dragons, though most of those dragons are nothing like the brutal warriors of legend.

Regardless, all of you have become something like an adventurer, and over the last years or decades you have gained skill and deepened your arts. In particular, recently all of you have experienced a massive gain. Those of you who wield blade or bow have found your blows striking twice as fast as they had, pouring down on your enemies like hail. Wielders of magic have broken through into another tier of capability, able to hurl immense blasts of the elements, manipulate other's magics, and even empower the simple spells you have ingrained through repetition. With these advances has come recognition of your skill. As always, though, the attention of others is both good and bad. While you are increasingly rewarded, and have acquired (in one fashion or another) a simple magical item to assist you, you are also increasingly challenged. As such, for one reason or another, all of you have found yourself here.

You are at a street corner. It is much like any other, but here, you are told, there is a clue. What to? That depends on who you are. You have each received your own assignment, and likely each have your own goal, but for now, it seems, you can probably (possibly) cooperate. And to complete your goal, it seems, you will possibly (probably) need to do so. No matter how much you may dislike one another.

Spoiler: OOC Information
    Show
    Character introduction! As discussed, everyone will be creating a 5th level character. You're all on Ravnica, so those backgrounds and subclasses are open if you want, and, of course, UA by request and review. I'd like you all to have some backstory way for you to get assignments from somebody, though who and how can vary for each of you. Don't fully define them, though, I may need to use them.

Equipment-wise, you're all getting background and class starting pack plus.. 500ish GP, I think I said. You may pool your gold with anyone who (IC) is in the same guild (note that you don't necessarily need to have a guild background to be in the guild, though you probably should) and (OOC) agrees to do so (not necessarily IC, though). In addition to that, each of you gets an uncommon magic item from your guild's list, or check with me and maybe I'll allow other things. If you don't have a guild for some reason, check anything you're thinking about with me and have a backstory reason it makes sense, and I might allow it, though I will be pretty restrictive. Once sheets are built, I would like to see them, but that's probably best done off-site, one way or another.

Once you all have characters, it's time for them to meet! Some of you may know one another before this, but not all of you will. You'll be getting your secret assignments once I get around to knowing your backstories well enough to figure out who's doing what, but all of you can assume you're roughly going to be going into a somewhat nearby portion of the Rubblebelt, in order to do... something or other. The corner you're at is supposed to have some information about what to do there, though some of you will know more than others about your goal, and some of you will have different goals form others, though likely no two PCs will have directly opposing goals. Yet. You do all know that the Rubblebelt is dangerous, and you wouldn't want to go in there alone for pretty much any length of time, so you do want to get helpers. Wonder who those could be.

You may post as soon as you have a character, though it's possible you'll want to wait for me to give you your exact assignment. Probably not, though, you should be able to start things off without needing that.
    D&D Math: Where 3*3>2*2*2*2, and 1*2*2<2*2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Right to Ambition [IC]

There is a tall (for a human/elf, so about 5'9") figure with a large, unused looking cloak standing around the street corner, looking at a piece of paper clutched in a grey-greenish hand. They seem to be muttering to themselves under their breath while standing a fair distance from anyone else in the area.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Right to Ambition [IC]

You see a tall half-elven blonde man wearing a black cloak and an eye patch. He has two shortswords at his sides and a guitar slung behind his back. He also has a holster in his belt in which there are a deck of cards. He is looking at everyone else confidently.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Right to Ambition [IC]

The cloaked figure takes a glance over at the man with a guitar. As this happens, the cloak slides down a bit and the general crowd can see the face of what on a very cursory first glance looks to be a young elven woman with blonde hair, about the equivalent of nineteen or twenty. But upon deeper examination, her eyes are solid yellow and seem to be faintly glowing. The rest of her skin is the same unnatural looking greenish grey as her hands, with more traces of green and blue in her hair.

She only looks over at the man for a moment, scanning him as if looking for something. Then she sighs in disappointment and glances away nervously before eye contact can be made. Whatever she wants, she clearly hasn't found it.
    Morgan Lyonesse--Level 5 Simic Hybrid Wizard (Divination)