New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default The Dragon Fall War IC

You have each received a formal invitation to travel to the port city of Gumhari where in you are to meet with your employer who has promised great wealth on an adventure of great importance. They have even guaranteed a valuable object as a reward just for volunteering for this quest. Once at the city you are each given a fine room and meal at the Wayfinder's Rest and Dragonwink's Pub. Your meeting with your employer is the next morning.

You have two hours of daylight left to do things in town before most of the shops will close for the night.

(OOC do what ever, if it is shopping post it in OOC)

The next morning
    Down in the Pub you find breakfast piping hot and fresh waiting for you, as you finish your meal you are greeted
    by a young human girl with green eyes, mousy brown hair, she has average height and average build for a human girl.
    She is pretty but not overtly so. She is pale like she has spent to much time indoors. She carries a thick brown book under her left arm.

Greetings travelers my name is Serenity, you have been brought forth from all corners to aid in the great war, for you there are rewards for your efforts know that the forces of evil are already at work, when you leave this place you will be on your own to find that which is hidden. I am to offer you this Gift with it you are allowed to ask me questions though I may not always have a quick answer. Know this I abhor violence and will not participate in any form. But should you find yourself needing an important question answered ring my bell and I shall come, but only ten rings have you, so use them wisely.

Serenity sets the bell shaped object on the table in front of the group, the purest white pearl sheen covers its exterior, it is roughly the size of a large apple, yet if one looks inside there is no striker to be found.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-15 at 10:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Dragon Fall War IC

Fiaera was almost a mirror of the girl. small, plain, and quiet. She gingerly took the bell and bowed.

"T-thank you miss Serenity. We'll be sure to use it wisely."
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The dwarf with a skin like thick leather under his armor made of pure ice looks at the bell. “Ten questions? Me thinks, we should make a list what to ask, right? Me has no pen nor paper by the hand, but one of you has for sure, right?

But first things first, we should get to know each other better, right? Me is Beoren Ascûdgamln, druid of the glacier, at home at the wonderful Corusk Mountains.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

while the adventurers get to know each other, Serenity walks over towards the bar area talking to herself (listen, knowlege arcana, spellcraft) speaking in a tongue that know one understands, her book glows brightly for just a brief moment and the bar transforms into a Library, and on what was the bar counter now sit a few objects, several small bags with a dragon and cross bones on them, 3 small bottles with a yellowish tint brew inside and 6 rings all with a dragon symbol upon them. turning back to the party speaking bold yet plainly I am told to offer you these they are cheap for mankind and they may help you in your quest. with that she turns and goes into the library and sits at a rather large dusty tome. looking as if preparing to read it
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-16 at 10:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

he went downstairs he had his quiver of arrows on his right shoulder on his left his swordbow. He watched as others ate due to magic of ring he wore he did not need such nourishments like them. he would listen to the petite human girl and take a bell very carefully and nod to her "I won't use it unless we need to" he would say as he went and leaned on the wall giving the next person a chance to grab a bell as well.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Griswald leans back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. His face shifts nearly imperceptibly, his dark beard obfuscating the shape of his mouth and making him a little harder to read.

A patient man, he waits and listens calmly to Serenity speak and makes no move for the bell-like object placed before the group, unsure what would be worth asking due to a distinct lack of knowing what Serenity or her benefactors may even know, not wishing to ask a precious question only to discover it was the wrong question. He sizes up each of the other adventurers in the room, his eyes spending several seconds appraising each one.

His brown eyes shift as the dwarf introduces himself.
    Spoiler: In Dwarven
    Show
    "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Beoren."
    The man's dwarven has a very human accent, but its good enough to be understood easily. Speaking again in the common tongue, he continues, "I'm Griswald. I'm eager to learn what this employer intends to have us do. Given the promise of great reward, I certainly hope it's work fit for warriors of our caliber, this is clearly no group of common sellswords or mercs."

Griswald turns his head slightly as Serenity speaks. Listen (1d20+11)[18] (but he has no spellcraft or knowledge arcana to speak of, so likely doesn't understand).
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-03-16 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

7. - Top - End - #7

NecromancerGuy

At griswald's words Fiaera seemed slightly disheartened. She clearly didn't feel as though she belonged, and was infact wondering why she was even here, but felt it was FAR too late to be asking that by now.

Spoiler: her appearance, since Griswald is actively looking at everybody
    Show

She is also carrying a pair of scimitars, shearhed on her hips
    I'm either available to respond or asleep. it's basically a 50/50 chance, no matter the hour, no matter the day.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton spends the last few hours of daylight checking out Gumhari's fortifications, and looking for any buildings of especial architectural merit. He'll also spend sometime in the taproom at Wayfinder's Rest and Dragonwink's Pub finding out what the local gossip is and idly wondering which of the other patrons are on the same business he is

(1d20)[1] Gather Information +9

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

The following morning, Pemberton has no need to prepare spells as he didn't cast any the previous day but washes and gets his focus before descending for breakfast.

Even though he doesn't have to eat, he will, because real food tastes much better than simply not being hungry. As he does so he takes a certain pride that he guessed mostly correctly about who the other invitees were.

Pemberton is a short, youthful looking human male with an intense but playful demeanour. Currently he has a clean russet cloak over a dark blue tunic and breaches under which a shiny metal shirt can be glimpsed. He carries a workmanlike rapier and a quiver, with a Lyre case slung on his back.

Ten questions? Me thinks, we should make a list what to ask, right? Me has no pen nor paper by the hand, but one of you has for sure, right?

But first things first, we should get to know each other better, right? Me is Beoren Ascûdgamln, druid of the glacier, at home at the wonderful Corusk Mountains.

I have paper, though I understood her words to mean that on our quest we can ask her ten questions, not we can only ask her ten questions right now. Otherwise I would suggest What do want us to do? be question number one

He pauses

Pemberton Darm. Artist in word, song, stone and above all paint. I have also studied many fields of knowledge so as to portray them with the best accuracy possible.

"I'm Griswald. I'm eager to learn what this employer intends to have us do. Given the promise of great reward, I certainly hope it's work fit for warriors of our caliber, this is clearly no group of common sellswords or mercs."

Well hopefully it's nothing evil.
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-03-16 at 04:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton turns his attention to Serenity, attempting to work out exactly what she is because she almost certainly is not a normal human girl.

After that he turns his attention to the library and the array of objects, but doesn't touch any of them

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Could roll lots of different things here

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Reshgar listens and follows through the conversations, only nodding occasionally. Not much one for conversation.

I've come from a simple life. I only came for the money so my tribe could trade more. The sooner we get to work the better.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(OOC you can make any roll that you think might be useful, just make the specified what the goal of the check is)

Serenity speaks

Master Pemberton why the questions of the bell should be ones reserve for the most complex or dire of situations and certainly not used for what wine shall I have today for the power of the bell is a truthful answer though it may not be immediate. as for questions in the here and now you may ask me anything, I may choose to not answer. Master Griswald is this bell not a great reward?

As for your divine quest the reason why it is you are here, listen close. In another time and place the great dragons split on divergent paths IO was saddened to see his offspring go in opposite directions for that was their destiny and at that time he hid five dragon shards of power on this plane. The great dragon Tiamet has recently ramped up her efforts to control all including all that are on this plane. In this effort the great dragon Bahamut has sent his forces to do battle all over, but here on this plane he must seek out the best warriors to aid in this cause. Tiamet & Bahamut have both recently learned of IOs five dragon shards of power that in their hands could be used for either evil or good, Bahamut does not know of the location of these shards save for that they are in this area. Tiamet has also learned this and has rallied many evil forces to find these shards as well. Your task in this quest is to find the five shards of power it is Bahamuts belief these can be used to stop Tiamet and the great dragon war.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-16 at 07:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton seems deep in thought as he digests this information.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20)[7] Sense Motive +9 on Serenity -> She does not seem like a normal human girl. What is she and is she on the level?

(1d20)[6] K/Arcana +5 -> Maybe a Silver or Gold under polymorph? Or some other sort of magical effect

On the subject of the five dragon shards of power

(1d20)[17] Bardic Knowledge + 12

(1d20)[9] K/History + 17

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

I see. What can you tell us about these shards?

What do they look like?

Any clue to their location?

Are they guarded?

How will we know them?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Master Pemberton

You think she is human and absolutly telling the truth
    you have no real knowledge of the five dragon shards of power only rumor at best

What can you tell us about these shards?
    I can tell you they were scattered about by the great IO creator of all

What do they look like? one of each shall you seek, black, blue, green, red and white

Any clue to their location? hidden by the great IO creator of all

Are they guarded? most definitely

How will we know them?
    by color & possession of a shard of power itself.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-17 at 02:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I guess asking Lord Io where he put them is not an option?

He turns to his new comrades

Anyone got access to clerical divination?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Griswald responds to Serenity's question first "To those with specific questions, and the wisdom to use those questions effectively, it may well be. While I'm not wholly confident I'm among that specific group, I recall a promise of a valuable object for participation, and a promise of great wealth for success. What are you offering for the collection of these shards?"

He shakes his head to Pemberton "I'm not able to directly commune with divine entities, and I'm not sure I have sufficient favor with any that they would listen or care if I petitioned one. The magic I wield is more suited to preserving life and striking down evil."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-03-17 at 04:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Pointing to the Bell this is a great treasure in itself, her arm sweeping over the objects at the counter, these are a great treasure. but if it is of material treasure you seek there is plenty out there for you to acquire, but the great treasure foretold lies here before you already. one a gift the others allowed you are they but not cheap trinkets are they. For they to are in fact treasure to behold.

edit * party will notice the entire time she speaks her book glows
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-17 at 05:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"If there's not a specific and established reward for bringing back the shards to entice your help into some form of contract, and if they're valuable enough to call upon warriors and scholars of distant lands to aid you in search of them, what's to stop those who find them from simply selling them to the highest bidder? What assurance do you have that the shards will find their way back to you? And perhaps most importantly, what do you want to do with them if you get them?" Griswald inquires curiously, his left eyebrow unconsciously lifting itself slightly on his face.

Griswald assesses her answers carefully, knowing things are often not what they appear. He's been made a fool of in the past and is careful to avoid repeating old mistakes. Sense motive (1d20+10)[16].

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    "If there's not a specific and established reward for bringing back the shards to entice your help into some form of contract, and if they're valuable enough to call upon warriors and scholars of distant lands to aid you in search of them, what's to stop those who find them from simply selling them to the highest bidder? What assurance do you have that the shards will find their way back to you? And perhaps most importantly, what do you want to do with them if you get them?" Griswald inquires curiously, his left eyebrow unconsciously lifting itself slightly on his face.

Griswald assesses her answers carefully, knowing things are often not what they appear. He's been made a fool of in the past and is careful to avoid repeating old mistakes. Sense motive [roll0].
    you wish a specific reward then do you, how well do you value your freedom, or life?, for if the task at hand fails ALL shall either parish or become enslaved to tiamet and the forces of evil. Contracts are a thing of this world and your word is your bond. Nothing stops you or anyone from potentially divesting themselves of a shard to another. But be warned that should one fall into the hands of evil chances are you would parish and not profit. I myself want nothing to do with the shards I am but the messenger sent to find warriors to undertake this most important task.

*Griswald sense motives( you feel that Serenity is if nothing else Bold and yet truthful in what she said.

21. - Top - End - #21

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera wilted a little under the intensity of it all, not knowing how she got sucked into something involving the fate of the world, and definitely certain she shouldn't be here.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    In a situation like the current one (room full of scary strangers) Fiaera probably won't speak unless spoken to, so that's why I haven't been participating much

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Fiaera only
    you are filled with confidence about the quest at hand

(all)
    the book of Serentiy is still glowing, Serenity is speaking in a language no one can understand, but does not seem to be talking to the group

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Pemberton looks at the two silent elves I would be interested in hearing what our elven friends think

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

"t-this is all really intense but... I, I'll do my best." she was still nervous, but there was a fire in her eyes that wasn't there before.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Addressing the group, Serenity speaks in common, time is of the essence I urge you to undertake the quest with haste, wandering over to the door leading outside and opening the door. waiting for the group

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Great rewards are wonderful and me appreciates them, but to stop the evil and live tomorrow may be the biggest reward we can get, me thinks.
    The dwarf stood up from his chair and followed Serenity outside

27. - Top - End - #27

NecromancerGuy

Fiaera follows as well

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Griswald unfolds his arms, slaps a hand on his knee and stands up from his chair. He begins to make his way to the door, though stops momentarily to address the mysterious woman one more time before proceeding out of the pub.

"Fair enough, I'm certainly not one inclined to allow Tiamet to have her way. Though I'm curious, if you're simply the messenger, whose message are you delivering, precisely?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Reshgar makes for the door. Don't see what all the rush is about, but the sooner we finish, the sooner we get paid.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(Griswald: whose message are you delivering, precisely?") I speak for one who is involved in the war