The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 337
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    ...

    You... You're not good at this, are you?
    she says in what can at best be technically described as a question. Junior, on guard! I'll try to calm them down, but if we have to, we're running. I don't think they'll take kindly to you RIPPING THE HEAD OFF THEIR FRIEND! she adds angrily. Letting out a sigh, she takes a moment to think.

    Spoiler: Check
    Show
    Knowledge (Nature) for any tips or tricks on dealing with spiders. [roll0]

    Probably just gonna use Wild Empathy on 'em, but you never know.
    If you’re going to get angry with me, I’ll happily smash the rest of these and get back to making poison. I just thought an army of giant semi-demonic spider might be useful to have down the line. Now I still have these assistants so if we need to do things they can be done, just cut down on the yelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    No, no, you're right-spiders will be helpful, Soz says. And honestly, I probably care more than they will about the dead one. Run back to the main group and fetch some meats and whatnot-a peace offering, as you will.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    The goblins continue forward in what can generously be termed 'an advance' - but more rightly described as a drunken shuffle - except for the solitary figure of Skog, who deals yet another shattering blow to the remaining skeletal guard, once more reducing it to a tangled mess of broken bones and rusted mail.

    With the immediate threat resolved, the ruined fortress lies before you - apparently defenseless. Once, possibly quite a long while ago, it was a strong, well-built little shell keep. Now, it is in ruins, mortar long since rotted, loose stones tumbled down, towers collapsed.

    The small courtyard show definite signs of activity - footprints by fine boots, paw marks from some sort of large animal, and a sleigh have all been across the courtyard. There are stables, and a shed which presumably is meant for the sleigh. Other than that, the buildings of the keep have either crumbled, or are yawing, open ruins with the wind howling through.

    It is quiet, but there is a definite ... smell. Sharp, sulpherous maybe.

    Scattered around the courtyard are what may be the remains of an ancient battle, piles of old bones swept into the corners. If you follow the tracks on the ground - easy enough with the snow still covering everything - you'll see that they go only four places: The stables, the shed, a dark gate in a corner tower still mostly intact, and out the main gate.

    Spoiler: Picture
    Show

    You may roll for things you feel like rolling for. Spot and listen come to mind. Maybe Survival or Nature to identity the smell, or the paw prints. You could roll engineering to figure out the age of the castle, or how much work it would take to rebuild it. Or something else =)

    The keep looks something like this, just in worse repair.



  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    As the second skeleton shatters, the wild look in Skog's eyes fades into a half-lid. Then he promptly falls over.

    "Bleh. Tired."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Rage over
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Gibs

    The moment Gibs notices that the guards are undead he start's screaming in horror! With a horrifying scream Gibs tries to stop running forward but instead trips and lands on his belly! As Skog destroys the second skeleton he finds himself face to face with just the head of the previous guard. He stares at it a second in silence before screaming again, "CURSED! AHHH DEAD BONES!!"

    Gibs scrambles to his feet, clearly spoked. With a hunched body position he glances around quckly, eyes darting towards any shadow. Then he quickly scrambles to recover his thrown club, muttering the whole time to himself.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-07-13 at 11:58 AM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    "Bad, bad, bad..." Skimbibble, deciding that not knowing what was going on inside was scarier than knowing, creaps in to see what he can see and to see what he can hide behind.

    Survival(d20+3)[22]
    Move Silently(d20+12)[17]
    Hide(d20+12)[18]
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    As the last bones clatter to the ground following Skog's mighty effort, Plink lets silence fall upon the scene. Carefully slinging his mandolin on his back, he clucks his tongue at his mount and urges it forward. Shhhhhh, Gibs. We safe now, Skog made them deaders again. Let's not call their friends. Although he knows intellectually that it would be the barest luck that would allow him to figure anything out from the scene, he still makes a show of importantly surveying the scene, with poignant "hmms", and "ahhh's" as he wanders the courtyard looking for clues. He intends to be as thorough as he can be.

    Sniffing the air, he wrinkles his nose. Skog, dat you? Is you eatin' eggs again?

    Spoiler: Plink's actions and thoughts, OOC
    Show

    By "fine" boots, do you mean human sized and well made, or are they smaller, such as those an elf would wear? Plink is no expert, but with the amount of snowfall recently and the wind, do the
    prints seem fresh enough that we should be alarmed, or are these days old?

    From the pawprints, does it appear that the sleigh was being pulled by the animal who left the prints? And do the paw prints appear to enter or exit the stable?

    Does it appear that the sleigh just left, and came back, or do the sleigh tracks crisscross the courtyard?

    How long does it appear to have been unattended? Has windblown snow built up in/on it? Is there anything left in the sleigh?

    Is the smell something that spellcraft or bardic knowledge could help identify?

    Without going close to them, do the piles of bones in the corners look like scattered random bones, or do they look like entire skeletons?

    Listen (1d20+1)[11]
    Spot (1d20-1)[0]
    Survival (1d20-1)[11]
    Searching the sleigh (1d20+2)[3]
    Spellcraft (1d20+2)[7]
    Bardic Knowledge (this one's a long shot) (1d20+3)[4]
    ** Wow.. Plink is damn near oblivious. But at least he looks important!** lol
    Last edited by pife; 2019-07-13 at 12:54 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Gibs

    "Friends?!" Gibs asks incredulously. He pulls out two clubs and whips around constantly as if afraid of being flanked.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Skimbibble:
    Survival: It's the unmistakable odour of urine. From something large. That testosterone-fuelled stench that makes you think 'lion' if you're a savannah dweller. In these climates, it makes you think 'bear'.
    Stealth: It's dawn, but there's all this shiny snow, and stuff. You're inconspicuous, but hardly invisible. Basically, you're sure that if an enemy pops out, they'll notice your mates first =)

    Skog:
    They're quality boots. Worn by someone of human size. You cannot tell - it could be an orc, or an elf. But I mean, statistically, it's likely a human, right?
    The paw prints - all the prints, actually - are in the frozen muck of the courtyard. Some are old, others newer.
    If I wasn't clear ... if and when you check the shed, it's empty. The sleigh is out.
    Sorry - the rest of your checks are garbage! =D

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Quote Originally Posted by pife View Post
    Sniffing the air, he wrinkles his nose. Skog, dat you? Is you eatin' eggs again?
    "No eggs. Only dead bonemen. No mushrooms either. Cave was better. Here has nice stones, though."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Now that Skog has gotten to kill something, he'll be a bit less of a handful for a while
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Nope, nothin' to see here, Plink declares confidently.. Exceeeept.. Plink hesitantly steps closer to the gate in the corner tower and peers toward it. What's in there, he asks, pointing.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Gibs

    Gibs is still terrified but he suddenly snaps his head towards the heavens and shouts, "Yes Father I shall tell them!"

    Gibs speaks loudly, ""Wolves smell gooder than us. Can smell baddies."
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    At this precise point in time, the sky over the eastern mountains is some shade of red - you're goblins, you're used to living underground, you have basically no idea exactly what that means. Propably sunrise is just moments away? Or it could be an hour, maybe? If only the shaman, or some other adult goblin was here. Eh, it's propably not important.

    A mist emerges from the dark doorway in the corner tower. It drifts in a highly suspect way across the courtyard, the coalesces into a human female. You don't have a lot of experience with humans, but it feels like she should be wearing warmer clothes.

    She scans you with open disdain, and hisses: Intruders! Arise, sentries!

    The various piles of long dead defenders in the corners rattle as bones clatter into shape, and more skeletons rise to face you.

    Spoiler: Stuff
    Show

    Just to be clear - she's not casting anything, she's just commanding inactive skeletons to get up.

    Oh, and .. you can roll Survival (or similar) to figure out how much time before the sun actually rises. I should really also ask: Did you bring 10 wolfriders, or did only the PC's go? =)

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Plink nearly swallows his tongue as the mist turns into.. her.

    Thinking fast, (and likely stupidly), Plink clears his throat, and draws himself up to his full height, (but in a totally non-threatening way)No, no, pretty lady! Not intruders.. Sup.. suppli.. Supplicants, that's the word.. We hears about the scary, pretty lady, and we come to offer our services as, umm.. Scouts, and fetchers. You wants it, we gets it, that's what we do! We keeps your secrets, and we gets you stuff! We works together for the pretty smoke lady, right guys?!


    Guys??
    Plink gulps audibly, but holds his position, for the moment.

    Spoiler: Bluff or Diplomacy, whichever you decide is most appropriate
    Show


    (1d20+6)[15]

    (This roll is a Bluff, but if you decide that diplomacy is more appropriate, subtract 1 from the result)
    Last edited by pife; 2019-07-13 at 06:18 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    "No, no, no. Running!"

    Move:Mount
    Move:Move
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Soz, oblivious to the misadventure her companions are on, idly scratches Soz Jr. behind the ears while waiting for the spiders to arrive.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Gibs

    Gibs looks briefly at the wolves when he was speaking but looks back and immediately notices the mist. He doesn't scream. He doesn't say anything at first. Just the urine stain on his trousers for those paying attention to Gibs is the only signal that Gibs notices the mist. Then, after the briefest of moments, Gibs drops both clubs he's holding and simply takes off. He doesn't get on a wolf, he doesn't scream or talk, he just... runs. Away. Fast. He keeps running until he literally can't run any longer.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Gibs takes off as soon as he can react to the mist forming. He doesn't wait to listen to her speak or anything like that.

    I'm using the word "literally" as it's intended. He runs himself until he's exhausted:

    Spoiler: Run
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Srd
    Run
    You can run as a full-round action. (If you do, you do not also get a 5-foot step.) When you run, you can move up to four times your speed in a straight line (or three times your speed if you’re in heavy armor). You lose any Dexterity bonus to AC unless you have the Run feat.

    You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running. A character who has run to his limit must rest for 1 minute (10 rounds) before running again. During a rest period, a character can move no faster than a normal move action.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-07-13 at 06:33 PM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    The vampire lady holds up her hand, stopping the rising skeletal soldiers in their tracks.

    Supplicants, eh? Really?! She speaks goblin, effortlessly though in that strange flat voice humans have.

    She walks right up to Plink, full of confidence, and gazes deep in his eyes [will save vs dc 15].

    Who knows you're here, greenskin? What do you even know? Whose castle is this, eh? I bet you just wandered in here, oblivious.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    The vampire lady holds up her hand, stopping the rising skeletal soldiers in their tracks.

    Supplicants, eh? Really?! She speaks goblin, effortlessly though in that strange flat voice humans have.

    She walks right up to Plink, full of confidence, and gazes deep in his eyes [will save vs dc 15].

    Who knows you're here, greenskin? What do you even know? Whose castle is this, eh? I bet you just wandered in here, oblivious.
    Adopting a vapid, semi-vacant look (inwardly he's shaking like a leaf), he lets his shoulders slump slightly and his jaw slacken a bit (Humans always think we're stupid, might as well help that idea along). "Oooh, smoke lady talks Goblin... The whole tribe knows we is here, Smoke Lady. Sends us as advance scouts. (all true so far) There is many many of us, with lots of wolfies and warriors, and powerful magics, just come to dis place to find new home. We wants easy food, and friends. Friends helps each other, Smoke Lady. Maybe we helps you if you helps us? We knows that mighty folks lived here once (and maybe when the fortress was new, that was true) And now we comes to parley dis for dat. We can go far, and see things and dey can't sees us. Looking at the shattered results of Skog's rage, he adds, Sorry we broke your bony men, Smoke Lady. They just isn't as tough as us.

    Spoiler: Rolls in case they are needed
    Show

    Bluff (1d20+6)[18]
    Diplomacy (1d20+5)[7]

    I'll let you add whatever Bluff bonus you find appropriate
    Last edited by pife; 2019-07-14 at 01:18 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    The vampire slowly lights up in a very wide, toothy smile. If there is such a thing as evil delight, it is what glows in her eyes.

    Friends, eh?

    Listen, little goblin. We can be friends. But there is something you must do for me, then. The humans of the valley ward their homes tightly against us - but holy symbols and garlic do not work on goblins, right?
    She all but giggles with cold, heartless glee. In the human settlement of Brooksglade, there is a .. temple, church, whatever. Inside, you will find a ring. It's thick, gold, and has a band of adamantium circling it.

    Bring me this, and we will be friends. Friends forever.


    She pauses, then seems to have a moment of inspiration.

    You know, little goblin, her voice dangerously honeyed, I feel you'd make a great chieftain for your tribe - don't you? I think you deserve it. Here, take this. It will help you fulfill your destiny.

    She unclasps an amulet from her neck, and places it around Plinks instead.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Plink fervently hopes she can't smell the garlic vegebibbles he stashed in his pack..


    Listen, little goblin. We can be friends. But there is something you must do for me, then. The humans of the valley ward their homes tightly against us - but holy symbols and garlic do not work on goblins, right? She all but giggles with cold, heartless glee. In the human settlement of Brooksglade, there is a .. temple, church, whatever.



    Okay, Smoke Lady, we gets for you. Which human place is "Brooksglade"? He makes sure to find out which of the settlements she is referring to.

    Inside, you will find a ring. It's thick, gold, and has a band of adamantium circling it. Bring me this, and we will be friends. Friends forever.

    Okay, we gets for you.

    I feel you'd make a great chieftain for your tribe - don't you? I think you deserve it. Here, take this. It will help you fulfill your destiny.

    He can't help it.. He starts nodding, his little chest puffs out, and he feels the most amazing sense of accomplishment when the Smoke Lady presents him with his shiny prize.. We's gonna be da best of friends, Smoke Lady, you'll see! Plink will make you proud and smileyhappy, and you will help Plink be the bestest Chief!

    If she doesn't have anything else to say to him, he will cluck to his (likely terrified) wolf, and set about catching up with his brethren, happily feeling the amulet bouncing on his chest as he goes.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    She raises one eyebrow, and adds: Why, it's the one with a brook, and a glade, obviously.

    Don't take too long .. chieftain Plink.


    Spoiler: OOC - Plink only!
    Show

    Spoiler: No, seriously - all the rest of you little buggers, out of here! :p
    Show

    As if you aren't all reading this regardless. Minus 1 xp for everyone.

    The amulet is a +2 charisma thing. Hooray!


  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    The skeletons had been bad enough, but now strange mist people? Although stopping short of fleeing, Krog shuffles back cautiously, spear and shield raised protectively. Listening to Plink's 'negotiations', he mutters to himself.

    "Humans don't make goblin chieftain, goblins do. Friends, can't trust humans as friends, give pretty things but then take and take and take and take until goblins all dead. All dead, dead, dead. Dead as skeletons there."

    He shudders.
    Last edited by Morovir; 2019-07-14 at 03:56 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    (When Plink gets the group back together)

    Whew, that was close. Silly Smoke Lady thinks Plink was magicked by her, but Plink knows where his mushrooms grow. Plink had to talk fast, and it worked, look at the shiny thing Smoke Lady gave me! (He will take it off and pass it around, but he DOES want it back)..


    Smoke Lady thinks she in charge. We should let her thinks that. We can do things for Smoke Lady, and get shinies and food and stuff, but we decides what we do. Taking a moment, he sighs. Smoke Lady teased me, says I am the chief. Maybe someday, he adds, looking around confidently, Plink does want to be chief, but I know we chooses chiefs, not silly Smoke Ladys with bony men. She wants us to sneak into a town and get her a shiny.. I thinks we should think about it, and maybe do it if we can get more stuff. We were going to sneak into their places any way. Humans are stupid, if we are careful, we can gets her shiny ring and gets rewards, and maybe the Biggers don't even know we was there. What you think, guys?

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    "Stupid Plink, not thinking, never thinking. Smoke Lady is big scary, humans keeps her away. Humans watches their protection cos littles only live while big scaries let them. Plink is GOBLIN, how he forget this? Human magic shiny will have guards and swords and priestymans! Any safes they can give they wills cos it keep them living! And if we wins? Humans who not die come look revenge and who easier? Big Scary Smoke Lady? Or stupid little gobbo like Plink? What if we doesn't do as Smoke Lady wants? She angry and maybe think dead gobbos do her orders better than living ones and come find us. Hundred gobbos easy find if clever person look. We is known too soon. Now we all DIES! Or we does what Smoke Lady say because stupid Plink is chief cos all tribe now only alive if Smoke Lady wants! We is like STUPID STINKY KOBOTZIS WITH WITH THEIR BIG STUPID DRAGONSIZ!"
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2019-07-14 at 05:00 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jopustopin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Gibs

    Gibs is the last one you find. The wolves track his scent to a tree where he is sound asleep already.

    When roused and the goblins are talking, Gibs refuses to touch the cursed amulet and watches with horror as Plink puts it back on his neck.

    Gibs does speak after Plink talks about being the chieftain, but not to any of you present, apparently to his invisible friend again, "Him? He can't be chieftain. I'm stronger!" Gibs pauses a second and eats a berry, "Alright! I ask him!"

    Gibs looks at Plink, "If I risk my neck for you, does Gibs get conquest time on humans? Plink my chieftain, and Gibs conquest time?"
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Soz, mounting on Junior, heads back to the main cavern. She finds a quiet spot to rest and prepare new spells.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Hekx spends some time brewing up what poison has already been gathered before resting ready to tame the spiders. If any eggs look like they’ll hatch before both him and Soz are ready he quietly orders some goblins to take them, far enough away that sox will be unlikely to find them soon and hurl them off a cliff.

    He orders the eggs moved to one of the open topped caverns and for that cavern to be empty of anything else, then finds about ten of he more steady-headed goblins to be ready for the first hatching. With spears to throw if the spider lunges for any of us. They are also ordered to lay some small game out for Soz’s use and to make a small wooden barricade that can be pulled through to quickly block the exit.

    (1d20)[12]+5+2 for my assistant’s help for poison making while Soz rests.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-07-15 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Together, Soz and Hekx gather some gobbos, and carry the eggs into a larger cavern. Here, the eggs are surrounded by goblins ready to hurl spear at the first sign of hostility. Three eggs hatch at about the same time - it's a process of some minutes for each spider to extricate itself from the shell, and get it's bearings, and all the legs sorted out and so on.

    Soon enough, three of the spiders are clustered among the goblins, considering their first impressions of life.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    All set up. You have 10 goblins, with readied actions.

    You also have, from your crafting, (1d6)[6] vials of extra potent medium spider venom - 1d4 str damage, dc 16 save.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fighting Demons!

    Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management)

    Soz, as the eggs hatch, casts her first spell-Speak With Animals-so that she can hopefully head off any conflicts.

    Hello, friend spiders! she calls to the spiders, from a short distance away. We would like to work with you. We can help you get food and live easy, if you help us.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •