New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: How would you?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default How would you?

So while making my swamp kingdom for the world I am creating I realized something was missing. I mean yeah this is like full blown evil kingdom, but shouldn't there be something else there? So it got me thinking about adding Dryads to the swamp, which then led me to youtube and a bit of research on Dryads and finding out that mostly live in oak trees. One quick google search later and I found the white oak which is often found in swamps. My question is how would you make a swamp dryad different from a normal one?

Me personally I think they would be a lot more durable and hardy given the rich soil however look a lot more haunting then a typical dryad. But besides that I cannot think of anything that screams swamp besides maybe switching some of their spells around. And thus I come here hoping perhaps someone may have a suggestion or two.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: How would you?

Swamps are usually much more acidic than open freshwater lakes, so you could give your swamp dryad some sort of acid touch.

Nothing too much, maybe 1d4-1 or something like that. Just enough to remind anyone she touches that she's been percolating in that environment for a long while.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Swamps are usually much more acidic than open freshwater lakes, so you could give your swamp dryad some sort of acid touch.

Nothing too much, maybe 1d4-1 or something like that. Just enough to remind anyone she touches that she's been percolating in that environment for a long while.
    That is a really good idea, and I definitely would not have thought of this. Thank you.

4. - Top - End - #4

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Thank you very much, I especially enjoyed the acid spitter and the lizardfolk cloak.