New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

Spoiler: Markas and Ais
    Show
    "Ah, just in time. Ais, my cute little spy. What have you got for me?" Geiravor asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Geiravor and Ais
    Show
    Markas gave Geiravor a quizzical look, "Why would I have reason to fear Hervir or her magic? We're doing this because we love her and want to protect her legacy right?" At Ais's sudden arrival Markas gave a small smile, "You had me worried for a while, little friend. I was just thinking about you, but then again, you knew that. We've got work to do, but please don't let me stop you from your report. Do you need me to leave the room for this, princess?"
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As Gorrun and Malaika step out of the crafting lab he hands her a small golden earring. He presses the matching one through his ear and pinches it shut. Then Aurix rounded the corner in a hurry. Hearing his concern he decided that the goblin situation would keep for now. "Gone? With the concoctions at his disposal, I don't know that he'd have even left tracks, but let's try it." he accompanies Aurix back to Unwins room. He assumes a tracker's posture, lowering himself to the ground, sniffing the air for any lingering scent. He scours the floor for unsettled dust, skids of soil along the stone, anything that might indicate Unwin's trail.

Taking 20 on perception for [50] to pick up a trail. And (1d20+48)[54] survival to track.

He can smell a bit of salt mixed with the typical road grime and begins to think on alchemical substances that require salt as a reagent. [23] k. Arcana Salty Bastard he grumbles.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-11-13 at 08:32 AM.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    "If the young Aasimar who we think he is, Hervir might have set up defenses at the estate." Geiravor said. "Ais, go ahead and tell us. Markas miggt actually dislike Helen more than I do."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Markas & Geiravor
    Show
    Aistriú nodded. "Well, unfortunately this info won't be useful for punishing her by itself. After court, she was pretty smug and cocky. They want to ride the tide they've created and gain more popularity. They intend to try and hunt down stray demons again today, and if they can't find any, they want to hang around the park. I'm concerned they'll distract the paladins or get in the way. They take out one stupid grunt and they think Oinodaemon is easy pickings," the danthienne scoffed.
    "But the important part is that she said, out loud and plainly, that she is doing all this with the goal of overthrowing you. Even though she wants to do it 'legally', just plotting to overthrow the Crown, by any means, is treasonous. My word isn't going to suffice for the Noble Council to punish her. But since she said it out loud to her cohorts, their word will have weight. If just two of them can be convinced to come forward and testify against her, Helen's threat can be put down for good. She'll be removed from the line of ascension and risk banishment when the barrier comes down."

Malaika put in the earring and looked curiously at Aurix.
    "I have yet to hear anything good about Lord Unwin, but he's Head of Intelligence, isn't he? Is it really that strange that he would prevent servants from going in his quarters, or disappear at odd times? The Varang has been around enough people involved in espionage for me to think that sounds pretty normal for that type."
    Malaika made a face and poked her new earring.
    "Oh this new magic feels weird. You remember that time we fought black puddings, Boss? I think I know what it feels like to be one," she said, looking a tad green.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Looking back to Malaika, Gorrun thinks to her inaudibly.
    Spoiler: Malaika
    Show
    The suspicion is more a culmination of peculiar behaviors recently. Yesterday Aurix warded the castle against evil, he became agitated, then suddenly left the castle.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix turns to Malaika while Gorrun investigates. If he's going to make a case for this, Aurix thinks to himself, he needs to be able to explain it to others. "There was this caster, Cedric, who we captured. We were convinced he had something to do with the crisis that was coming. He escaped from the castle dungeon without a trace. Gorrun and I decided it was an inside job. There were certain...discrepancies in Unwin's behavior after that that made him a suspect. He made a big show of being angry over Cedric's escape and tried to shift blame onto Gorrun, when Unwin is a very pragmatic, level-headed man. The tower full of demons right now? It was his base, and he didn't express any pain over losing it except complaining about his guest quarters. We asked him for a list of the relics that were stored underneath, since one of them might have been responsible for allowing the demons in, and he conveniently never produced it. Also, I was in town for an hour and immediately caught wind that there was something wrong on the streets, but Geiravor's entire council was completely in the dark. Unwin, being head of intelligence, would be the perfect person to block the monarch from learning things going on inside her own city."

"Last but not least, yesterday I activated a defense mechanism to destroy any demons lurking in the castle. With my divination, I was able to see that, though outwardly he praised me for what I had done, inwardly he was seething. Apparently soon after he cleaned up his quarters, packed everything, made sure there wasn't so much as a hair left for things like scrying, and bailed on the castle. At least that's what it's looking like. I realize it's a giant pile of circumstantial evidence, but it's super suspicious."

Aurix turns to Gorrun. "General, I'm gonna go let the Princess know. She should still be in the dining room. Let me know what you come up with, or if you need more assistance." Aurix leaves Gorrun to investigate, and heads back to the dining room.

Without preamble, Aurix strides into the warded area where Geiravor is talking.

Spoiler: Geiravor's Conversation
    Show
    Aurix interrupts whoever is speaking with a bow. "My Princess, I apologize for the interruption, but it appears Lord Unwin has fled the castle. Gorrun is investigating, but it looks like after...what we set up yesterday...Unwin went back to his quarters, cleaned them out, and left without anyone seeing him go. Is this unusual behavior for him?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun steps into the doorway of Unwin's small guest room. He stays close enough to the hallway to see direction of travel or visitors at the door. Then he places his monocle to his eye and activates it while searching the area he watches the events of the last 24 hours unfold. This would give him record and history back to just before Aurix planted the spike.

9. - Top - End - #729

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Geiravor and Ais
    Show
    "Do you have any of her cohorts in mind? I wonder why her cohorts are her cohorts. Do they want to topple our dear princess, or are they only helping Helen because she has some kind of leverage on them?" Markas asked.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Markas & Geiravor & Aurix
    Show
    Aistriú shook their head.
    "They're servants, squires and social climbers who want to cozy up to the duchess for political reasons, whether she plans treason or not. But if her backdoor coup works, they'll be close to the Crown, which would be very beneficial for them. She doesn't need dirt on them. And with Duchess Helen being so circumspect, it will be hard to get any of them to testify. They would be culpable for being part of her conspiracy, but with their word being the only evidence, they're not likely to talk. They would only testify to cover their own asses," the danthinne lamented.

Malaika met Gorrun's gaze.
    Spoiler: Bonded Mind
    Show
    "I see. Well what about that little gnome lady that does all the filing and intercepted our note when we got to the city? She doesn't like Unwin and seems to know a lot about what's going on, and also seems to be supporting you personally. Do you think she would know anything?"

At the Ricksby's Wonders wondrous item shop, Umbear was greeted by a human clerk.
    "Hello, can I help you?" she asked.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-11-13 at 07:06 PM.
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear smiled and greeted the shop clerk.

"Hello, My name is Umbear, I have several items on the shelves here, Id like to reclaim them, and any coin for items that have been sold they have been here. "

He pulls out a list of items still on the shelves.

"The Manacles can stay on the shelves, that is... if they havent been sold."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, yes," the clerk said, pulling out an inventory list. "It looks like everything you brought us sold. Business really picked up as people started looking for things to protect or amuse themselves. Let me get you your earnings, then," she said. She opened the register and counted up the amount owed to Umbear after Ricksby's fee for the shelf rental.
    "Here you go, Milord. Is there anything else I can do for you?" she asked.
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear frowned slightly, he had hoped to add to Nameless's horde with those items, but money would work for him just as well in the end.

"Thank you ma'am. I think that will do."

He takes the money and offers the clerk a smile before heading out and towards the castle. A bit aways he stop and turns to Katarina.

"Alright.... you ready to enter into stealth mode? We are gonna sneak in there and do some .... information gathering."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Barbarian in the Playground

-------before Nameless arrived-------
    Jaylyn stopped in her track and glared back at Kyoko "Varrockain matters stay in Varrock." Jaylyn said coldly. "In case you've forgotten, there's a LOT more at stake here then the Lyn clan bloodline. Also if the bardic stories are true I'll have plenty time to continue the bloodline later... Assuming there IS a later."

When Jaylyn heard Nameless call out she turned and faced the Dragon. "Ah Nameless, just the dragon I was hoping to run into. Yes sorry I wasn't in my room I got an unexpected visitor this morning." Jaylyn said, then snapped her fingers as if remembering something. "The barding you want, do you want it plate, mail, or leather, and do you want any armor enchants on it as well? Also I was thinking bout getting you a ring of evasion with a high amount of dexterity and reflexability. Would you like that?" Jaylyn asked pulling out her journal and pen ready to take notes.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes!" Catalina said, standing up straighter. She sidled closer to Umbear, a determined look on her face.

"Ah? Well... I know how to handle medium armor, but I've never worn heavy before. I could, but I would need some training. Since my magic is divine, armor doesn't interfere with my casting, so we don't have to worry about that. Evasion sounds like a good idea. And you can never be too flexible," the dragon mused.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    Geiravor frowned at the news she already knew. "I know we can't really do anything with this info and I am not surprised. I've known her intentions for a few years now. She going to try to overthrow me through Council and public opinion. I... don't like the person she has become but maybe we can turn turn this around." The Princess explained.

Spoiler: Aurix, Markas, and Ais
    Show
    Geiravor stared at Aurix silently for a moment. She visually grinds her teeth as she growls. "Oh... this looks sooo bad for that bastard." She clinched her fists and walked out of the room. Mist and Hrist rushed behind her.

"Mist, Hrist. You will help me get equipped. We hunting for gods damned answers today." The Princess growled.

Gorrun's monocle activated.
    Spoiler: Gorrun
    Show

The room was meticulously made already and was unoccupied for most of the day. Gorrun cycled through footage until he saw something. Unwin walked into the room. He downed an extract before melting into the shadows, disappearing.

"Hm, you are right, my darling!" Kyoko called out as Jay left.

Spoiler: DM Note
    Show
    After Jaylyn left, Kyoko cast Arcane Eye after the 10 minute casting time and used it to find Jaylyn to... keep an eye in her. -wink wink-
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: DM only
    Show
    Umbear nods and activates his mind blank, then activates his ring of invisibility, he uses his off hand to guide Katalina with him into the castle Attempting to sneak past guards unseen.

Umbear Stealth: (1d20+80)[85] Stealth
    Cuddles Stealth: (1d20+24)[28] Stealth
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #738

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Geiravor, Ais, Aurix
    Show
    "Are we dismissed then, Your Highness?" Markas asked, noting the increased tension in her expression.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Seemingly in answer to Markas's question, Aurix follows Geiravor out of the warded area. As she gives orders to her guards, Aurix continues catching her up, "The General is attempting to pick up a trail from his quarters. I attempted to find physical evidence for scrying, but came up empty. I can try anyway, if you like. Other than that, what do you intend to do?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor stomped down the hall with purpose. "Unwin has various safe houses in the capital and around the principality. I know were a few are." She replied. She turn into her room and slammed the door after Mist and Hrist entered. She began putting on her armor
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

21. - Top - End - #741

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Ais
    Show
    After seeing the princess and her champion leave in frustration about Unwin, Markas turned to Ais, "Guess I'll take that as a yes. I've got some preparations to make before I start on my next mission. Oh never got the chance to tell you. Remember that unusual Half-Elf we saw last night? I'm off to find him and bring them back safely here, or failing that, find some other way of protecting him. Princess Geiravor believes he is at a place called Fjallheim which is where I'm going to start. I'd like you to come with me on this one. You've always been a big help in social situations and I have the feeling I'm going to need that."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun pulls off the Monocle and puts it away. He shakes his head, dismayed. Looking back to Malaika...
    Spoiler: Bonded Mind
    Show
    He shadow-walked. I don't know how to track through the shadows.

You mean Viradessa? Yeah, I spoke with her yesterday. She wasn't terribly forthcoming, but then again there were a lot of ears present. I suppose paying her a visit alone couldn't hurt. Then I'll need to find Aurix again and see if he knows how to track magical traces.

The two close the door and make their way to the Senechal's office.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-11-14 at 06:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods. "We should see if the General comes up with anything, but yes, that's a course we can take. I doubt he'd go somewhere so obvious, but we should follow every lead. We should notify Viridessa as well. She has a lot of eyes and ears around the castle that might be able to help. Send someone to summon her?" Aurix considers, then asks, "Tell me about Unwin, or at least what he showed of himself to you. What are his capacities, that you're aware of? How does he fight? Does he know magic? Does he tend to favor straight-forward engagement or is he tricksy? Will he have plans layered on plans?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"We should find her. She's in the castle. She'll hear about us looking for her." Geiravor yelled through her door.

Geiravor thought for a moment to think about her answers. "In the nine years I've known him, he has been very direct and motivated. He is stealthy and an alchemist. He's been with me to fight Drow. He is even better on the shadows than them. He can't cast spells himself but is goid with extracts and wands. He likes to use a dagger though. He has had layers of layers of plans and schemes. He has produced results, but now I question hiw well of a jobs he has done." She yelled through her door. She stepped out armored up, with her Gungnir and The Gungnir both strapped to her back, and Tricey on her shoulder.

"So, Gorrun and then Viridessa?" The Princess asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Umbear
    Show
    Umbear and Catalina managed to make it into the dungeon unnoticed.
    The dungeon was a long hallway lined on both sides with cells, with seating areas at each end. Two guards sat in each seating area, and two patrolled up and down the hallway between the cells.
    The floors and wall were solid, sculpted stone. The bars of the cells were alchemically-treated iron.
    Each cell had a gently beveled floor with a drain at the lowest point, and were lit by a glowing stone embedded in the ceiling, which also projected the antimagic fields into the cells. There was a cot, a chamber pot and a bench in every cell.

Spoiler: Markas
    Show
    Aistriú nodded. "Of course I'll go with you. In a couple hours, I'll need to renew our bond so it doesn't hurt you," the danthienne added.

Malaika sighed and rubbed her face with her upper pair of hands and put her lower hands on her hips.
    Spoiler: Gorrun
    Show
    "Welllllll, that's great. He could be anywhere in the country by now!"
    "And yes, I did mean Viridessa. If it's a trust issue, I'll wait for you outside her door and let you go in alone."

Viridessa looked up as Gorrun entered.
    "Ah, General! Good to see you, honey. Have you come to look over the list of staff that disappeared after yesterday's incident?" she asked. "Thankfully, none on my personal staff were affected, and few of the maidservants. Distressingly, it seems our highest losses were from the kitchen and the guards. But the main cook and her husband are still here. Which is good. I can't imagine anyone making as good a roast duck as hers!"

As Tasidar patrolled, something odd caught his eye. There was a circle of guards around a wagon in the middle of the street. There seemed to be an argument going on.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-11-15 at 12:03 AM.
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #746

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Ais
    Show
    "That's fine. I was about to ask when we needed to do that. Before we head out though, there are a few errands to run. I need to pick up my order from Gemstar, pick up some maps of where we're going, and visit Brynnhildr to help with some gear and possibly a tattoo if there's time enough," Markas explained before gently picking up the Danthienne and placing them on his shoulder, then leaving the warded room to begin his preparations.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: DM Only
    Show
    Umbear sneaks down the hall, scanning for his target. Making sure to keep out of sight with his invisibility, hoping that Tonks Ring of Cameleon power would help Katalina hide out in the Open.

(1d20+60)[80] Stealth for Umbear
    (1d20+24)[27] Stealth for Katalina
    Festival of Heroes:

28. - Top - End - #748

PaladinGuy

Tasidar see the group of guards and walks closer. "What seems to be the problem here?" he announces to the guards as he walks up.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix thinks. "I had told Gorrun to come find us at the dining room when he was finished...I hadn't anticipated you getting personally involved like this. Hopefully we'll pass him in the halls somewhere. Probably Viridessa first."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #750
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Alright, then I'm heading down to the lab to get the ring commissioned." Jaylyn said beginning to turn that way, before looking back at Nameless, "Let's go to the lab together, maybe you'll think of something else you'll want or need in route and we can order it together. Let's see, medium armor hmm... Well three comes to mind, hide, scale mail, and chain mail. The first provides the least amount of protection but gives you the most dexterity. The last one give the most protection but the least dexterity. And the middle one provides an equal amount of both. Which do you prefer?" Jaylyn inquired, beginning to walk to the lab.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.