New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

Spoiler: Umbear
    Show
    Ra sighed. "Don't get your breeches in a twist, it's nothing personal. I trust my Guildmates with Guild business, but I don't trust them on a personal level, save for a very short list of exceptions. And even those exceptions, I expect would at least consider stabbing me in the back in the right circumstances. And in this case, your honesty works against you, Umbear. If you were actually a half-decent liar, maybe I would trust you more. But your honesty is probably going to get me sent to the gallows someday. And I can live with that risk because I'm pretty happy with my lot and don't have great ambitions outside the accumulation of wealth. But Bast values her own life a lot more than I value mine, so as long as you remain an honest ogre, she will never trust you or accept you into the Guild. Your redeeming qualities do not redeem you in the world of shadows, Umbear. Stick to your morals if they're important to you, but at least recognize that doing the right thing isn't always the right thing if you're actively courting the wrong people."
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

2. - Top - End - #782
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Captain first went by Bryn's workshop, paying his debt of one hundred sixty four thousand two hundred fifty gold. with a smile he takes the items that are ready and goes to find Viridessa, knocking on the door before entering, "Good mornin madam, I was told by the princess ye might be a person with some knowledge, I had need of a few people, one te be me new first mate on the Crow, an then a Crew te take inte the depth on a mission fer her highness"
    Captain Bramwell Rackham, Male Tiefling with red skin, black eyes and backwards swept horns. He wears a Black Captains coat over his outfit and a leather thin tricorn hat. from under the Coat his tail swishes back and forth. is left eye is cover by a patch and that side of his face is heavily scarred as though by a beasts claws. A Raven usually sits upon his shoulder.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Umbear nodded.

"Im not that kinda guy I guess. But I suppose thats something you can depend on me for. Im gonna let you get back to... your day. Eat well."

Umbear pulls himself up and smiles to Katalina.

"Sorry for the wait, were gonna pick up some potions and head out."

Umbear led his ward to Brynhildr and smiled.

"Hey there sapphire, I need 3 Elixers of Shadowwalking, Im paying."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun turns to answer Aurix I don't know precisely when you warded the castle, so I cannot say for sure.

Then as he is questioned by the Princess he snaps back to attention. I'm sorry, I didn't find anything definitive. A bit of road grime and some salt. Could have come from the mines, or the warfs, or even the stables for that matter.

When the captain entered and simply addressed Viradessa without paying any attention to the Princess, or anyone else for that matter Gorrun stood wide eyed for a moment. Are you ok Captain? Your environmental awareness seems to be lacking a bit this morning.

Then he looks back to Aurix
    Spoiler: Aurix
    Show
    There's more, once the crowd thins in here.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods at Gorrun, then turns to the Princess. "So, things are still inconclusive, My Lady. What do you wish to do?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

"Darlings, you're all very lovely, but my office just isn't big enough for all of you," Viridessa said, a note of censure in her tone. "Anyone who doesn't have business with me, specifically, please exit. If all of you have business with me, please exit and queue up at the door and come in one at a time like civilized people! Your Highness, you have priority. You can cut in front of the General if you wish; that's your prerogative."
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tasidar Ponders the situation. the magic holds tight regardless of his efforts. but the aura remains bothersome, His hands start to glow with holy light.

"Begone four magic, your troublesome ways are not wanted here" Tasidar focuses on the wagon

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Spell: Break Enchantment DC 32, 31, If there is a target that tries to get away Tasidar will cast quicken Chains of light DC (2d4+31)[34]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-20 at 01:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

The wagon groaned and shuddered as the spell on it cracked and dissipated. The driver scrambled to catch one of the barrels as it rattled dangerously close to the edge.

"Ah! What was that? Did you fix the wagon, Milord?" the driver asked uncertainly.
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #789
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Tasidar helps the man with the barrel. "Your wagon was cursed, someone didn't want you to make this delivery. The caster was very strong. This is why i asked so many questions before. I will make a detailed report on this matter and see if this is connected to anything else going on in town. "

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Casts mend to repair any still damaged parts of the wagon

Tasidar continues to head to the alchemist tower.
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-20 at 02:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor tapped her chin. "Salt, hm? I know he has a safe house around the docks. We could search for it." She shrugged.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix bows to Viridessa. "I apologize, Viridessa. Unwin's disappearance is...upsetting. I'll wait outside for you, Geiravor," Aurix says. He steps out into the hall and waits for the Princess to be prepared to depart.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, thank you, Milord! If you ever need alchemical supplies, come to mine and my brother's workshop! We'll sell you anything we make at half price!" the driver said gratefully. He gave Tasidar the address for the workshop, and then proceeded towards his destination.
    Spoiler: Tasidar, Quest Complete
    Show
    3% exp
    50% off anything on this page
    Increased reputation
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun nods to Geiravor. Indeed. Facing Viradessa again, he simply says Thank you. If there's anything else, you know how to find me. he steps out to give Geiravor audience.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor made sure everyone was out. She looked into Viridessa's eyes.

"I know you were up for Grand Chancellor several times in the past and I apologise for my ignorance in that regard. Thank you for keeping your composure as well. You've been a constant in my long life and... I look up to you, Viridessa."

The Princess cleared her throat. "Should Unwin have betrayed us, I need you to take over for him. I know you have your own sources and are very knowledgeable. Most of all, I trust you."

She nodded to her, turned away, and left the room. "Gorrun if you have anything left to discuss with Viridessa go on ahead. It's time we get ready to move."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

"You have always done what you think is right, Your Highness, and I respect that honey. You've done a good job leading your people up to this point and I have every confidence you will continue successfully. I have faith in you. And I appreciate your confidence in me, Princess. I will always be there for you. Oh, and Evergreen sent this for you," Viridessa said, fishing a small plush doll out of her bag. It looked like a dryad, with green yarn hair.
    "She said you two had matching dolls like this as little girls, and she wanted me to give you this as a symbol of her continued friendship. She said it would give you the luck of the forest."
    Spoiler: Doll
    Show
    This doll can be affixed to a wand, and as long as the wand's spell is on the druid spell list, any dice rolls associated with the spell (eg. attack roll, damage roll, sr, etc) can be rerolled once per encounter. The user must take the results of the reroll, even if it's worse.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Once out of the crafting hall Umbear takes a hold of catalina and quaffs an elixer, dissappearing into shade. They head South East toward Thurston and the Estate where umbear needed to pick up a carpentry tool.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor looked to Aurix and Gorrun. "Follow me if you want to hunt down Unwin." The Princess said.

After a few minutes, a speedier Horse Magic carriage took Geiravor and her entourage to the north end of town. Mist and Hrist each sat next to the Princess.

"Are we expecting a fight? Cause I'm expecting a fight." Mist said.

"I always expect a fight." Hrist smirked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun and Malaika followed the Princess. Her urgency distracted him from his personal goals at the time being.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Dwarf in the Playground

The captain, having offered his apologies for interrupting the group and backed out slowly, waiting to be call by Viridessa's office until called in, once indise, "apologies lady Viridessa, I was lost in thought, it wont be happenin again"
    Captain Bramwell Rackham, Male Tiefling with red skin, black eyes and backwards swept horns. He wears a Black Captains coat over his outfit and a leather thin tricorn hat. from under the Coat his tail swishes back and forth. is left eye is cover by a patch and that side of his face is heavily scarred as though by a beasts claws. A Raven usually sits upon his shoulder.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Viridessa shook her head. "It wasn't entirely your fault, honey. Everyone seems to feel like they can just burst in here like I don't have classified documents I might be looking at," the gnome said wryly.
    "So what can I help you with today, honey?"
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bramwell smiles, "I find I am in need of a new first mate on the Crow. And I am under the impression that yer the lady te ask, I am also te be goin te the underdark fer the highness." He says with a bow of his head in respect

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

Viridessa raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to assume you're not loony enough to be asking me to be your first mate," the old gnomish woman said wryly. "So I guess what you're trying to ask is if I know anyone who might be interested in the position?"
    "Well, I know there are two weretiger mercenaries in the dungeon right now who were brought in as part of a group that pulled a heist on the shipment wagon of Hero Tournament prizes. I'm sure they would take any available avenue of reform to escape their current situation. You might also ask General Gorrun to introduce you to the mercenaries he used to run around with before joining our military. They may not be experienced sailors, but on the other hand, how many greenhorns join a pirate ship? On the other hand, you are an official privateer, so if you want to go through official naval channels, you should ask the Admiral for specific recommendations. Does that help, honey?"
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course not, though if ye ever fancied a cruise, I'd be happy te provide one" The captain nods in gratitude, "I think I'll talk to the mercenaries fer goin below, an the admiral might be a fun talk fer a first mate..." he says stroking his beard, "Though the weretigers, they might make good crew members, and I could pay them handsomely fer their loyalty..."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Viridessa nodded. "It's possible. You do have to be careful with mercenaries though, as many of them are loyal to their coin, not their employers, and will leave you behind as soon as they get a better offer. You probably know that already, but it's always worth mentioning. I can't speak to Gorrun's old unit, but I do know the two tigers are fairly legal-minded and will adhere to any contract they agree to. So you should consider carefully how to employ them. They murdered their previous employer when he breached his end of the contract with them."
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Dwarf in the Playground

"And who would I talk te about arrangin a meetin with the kitties in the dungeons, an do I need permission te make that offer te them?" he asks leaning forward for a moment as he spoke

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

"Well," Viridessa said, "you're more than welcome to go down and talk to them whenever you want. You would need to speak to one of the generals or to the Princess to arrange for their pardons."
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll do that, good day te ye lady Viridessa" he says with a bow before turning and finding his way out and heads down to the dungeons finding a guard he asks to speak to whoever is on duty as the watch captain of the dungeon

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

The highest ranking of the six guards on duty in the dungeon approached Captain Bramwell as he entered. He looked Bramwell up and down.
    "Hmm, you're that privateer captain the Princess holds in such high regard, aren't ya? Can't think of very many tieflings that dress like a raggedy pirate who would be casually strolling around the castle at this point," he said with a smirk.
    "So what are you doing down here? Surely not just sightseeing, hm?"
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #809
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Captain laughed, "Good eye lad, nay I'm here te speak te a pair of prisoners ye have, weretigers that sought some championship booty," he says with a wide toothy grin as he casually flicks his tail back and forth, the ragged cloak on his shoulders flapping as he does so

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

The guard shrugged. "You're welcome to visit any prisoners ya want, so long as ya leave by ten in the evening," he said, stepping to the side to let the tiefling pass.
    Show

Show